PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a few old people

trypticon
Dec 11, 2017, 01:33 AM
Greetings, citizens. My name is Adam.

Perhaps you've heard of me...

That's kind of a fat chance here, these days, but if you have, that's great, because you could be one of the few old players I am trying to get back into contact with.

I'm currently working on a project, and would appreciate the input from a few old players about their character direction in certain situations and junk from way back when.

At the moment, I wouldn't mind locating

Cypher
ADE
Photon Drop
Saifwin (I don't see this one happening at all, but it would be nice)
The One Hero. I already sent him a message, but I don't know if he even logs in anymore.
KIREEK
Tycho

Really, very interested in getting into touch with ADE and KIREEK, if they ate still around.

While I can't say much about the project here, it would be great to get some information from these individuals, if they can still be found here. Also, while this message might fit better in the LOUNGE forum, checking it tonight showed that there has been one active thread in there in the last seventy-five days, and I'm fairly certain that this would never been seen if it were moved there, so, since this is old PSO related, please do keep it here.

Crazyleo
Dec 11, 2017, 09:00 PM
I have seen Photon Drop post on FKL on occasion. Sending her a PM should get some results.

SStrikerR
Dec 11, 2017, 09:08 PM
Ade still plays BB on Ephinea. I'll direct him here. Kireek I haven't seen here lately, but I've definitely seen him somewhere within the past year or so. Some server's forums, or maybe youtube. Haven't seen ToH in a long, long time.

trypticon
Dec 11, 2017, 11:28 PM
Ade still plays BB on Ephinea. I'll direct him here. Kireek I haven't seen here lately, but I've definitely seen him somewhere within the past year or so. Some server's forums, or maybe youtube. Haven't seen ToH in a long, long time.

Thank you for the info. I remember KIREEK used to post here fairly regularly. He wasn't overly fond of me, but I respected him for his stance on old PC PSO being the best, and probably most difficult, or something. I might be thinking of version 1 for the dreamcast, but I do believe I saw him mention at some point that he plays version 1 on the PC, or something.

Ade, I would really like to get back into contact with. He was a decent person who unfortunately attracted a lot of negative attention for doing exactly what was expected: follow the rules of the game. If you do end up bothering to point him in this direction, I thank you.

I have seen Photon Drop post on FKL on occasion. Sending her a PM should get some results.

That's a good idea. While I was kind of trying to get this lot of people together here as a community outreach type of thing, where the rest of the community could see what was going on, as well, this might work just as well. I don't know how strong this community is, anymore, and my original intention might just be a pipe dream, at this point.

Luneth
Dec 12, 2017, 01:12 AM
Don't know if it's the exact same KIREEK, but there is a user with that same name on galdalval's GC discord

trypticon
Dec 12, 2017, 01:41 AM
Don't know if it's the exact same KIREEK, but there is a user with that same name on galdalval's GC discord

Thank you for the lead. Man, do I dislike discord servers. Ugh, I might have to brave it, although, doesn't one usually have to be invited to one in order to take part?

Ah! Good news. Thanks to the suggestion, Photon Drop has already been in contact with me about this venture.

DC_PLAYER
Dec 12, 2017, 01:30 PM
This is the part where i have no idea if you're talking about me, if i had any problems with you i honestly can't remember, but again, is it me you're searching for?

There might be KIREEK usernames floating around BB, GCep2, GCep3, PC&DCv2, DCv1, so i don't know if you're searching for someone who for example played on the GC public servers.

So which KIREEK exactly are you looking for?

trypticon
Dec 12, 2017, 01:40 PM
This is the part where i have no idea if you're talking about me, if i had any problems with you i honestly can't remember, but again, is it me you're searching for?

There might be KIREEK usernames floating around BB, GCep2, GCep3, PC&DCv2, DCv1, so i don't know if you're searching for someone who for example played on the GC public servers.

So which KIREEK exactly are you looking for?
Oh, you are the one, yes.

DC_PLAYER
Dec 12, 2017, 02:02 PM
You can contact me at
https://kireekpso.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/contactyp.png

Ade_Ephinea
Dec 15, 2017, 03:51 AM
Hello. I'm here. I was banned from PSOW probably about 11 years ago or so. I hope it's okay that I'm here now. (I was banned for continually arguing against cheating and then evading that ban to continue arguing; not my proudest moment.)

Anyway, I think most people agree with me now that cheating in online games is stupid and distinctly different from cheating in solo offline games. Weird as it sounds, this was a foreign concept to many over a decade ago. I'm glad that fight is mostly over.

I don't intend to start any fights or arguments. I would like to remark, however, that my thorough disposition and my propensity to do the right thing have propelled me to great success in my life. A lot of people thought I was a fool back then and that I was wasting my time. However, I honed great argumentative skills on PSO. I obtained my bachelor's degree in philosophy, entered the professional workforce, and worked my way up. I now work for a large investment firm as a financial advisor and I'm extremely well-compensated. My advice? Sometimes the people who mock you are simply wrong about you, so don't let anyone drag you down.

How can I help you, Adam?

Also, in case 11 years isn't a long enough time to sit out a ban (some armed robbery convicts go to prison for shorter terms, so hopefully the staff is reasonable), I can be reached at [email protected]

Edit: I still love PSO, and I'm very thankful that PSOW now allows for discussion on private servers. I can say definitively and after 11 characters at Lv. 200: Ephinea is the best PSO experience of all time. I highly recommend it.

Thanks.

PhotonDrop
Dec 16, 2017, 04:33 PM
We made contact through PMs. I'll just leave a post here to hopefully draw more attention to the topic. :)

trypticon
Dec 20, 2017, 01:30 AM
We made contact through PMs. I'll just leave a post here to hopefully draw more attention to the topic. :)

Good to see you here, as well. Now, if I could just get a hold of Zophar... Hmm. Actually, I think I have an old e-mail address of his sitting around somewhere.

Edit: Wow, I DID have an old email address for him, and the letter I sent hasn't been returned by the Mailer Demon yet, so it might still be active. There's no way he'd be checking on an old email that was named after his PSO character from twelve years ago, though, right?

Hello. I'm here. I was banned from PSOW probably about 11 years ago or so. I hope it's okay that I'm here now. (I was banned for continually arguing against cheating and then evading that ban to continue arguing; not my proudest moment.)

Anyway, I think most people agree with me now that cheating in online games is stupid and distinctly different from cheating in solo offline games. Weird as it sounds, this was a foreign concept to many over a decade ago. I'm glad that fight is mostly over.

I don't intend to start any fights or arguments. I would like to remark, however, that my thorough disposition and my propensity to do the right thing have propelled me to great success in my life. A lot of people thought I was a fool back then and that I was wasting my time. However, I honed great argumentative skills on PSO. I obtained my bachelor's degree in philosophy, entered the professional workforce, and worked my way up. I now work for a large investment firm as a financial advisor and I'm extremely well-compensated. My advice? Sometimes the people who mock you are simply wrong about you, so don't let anyone drag you down.

How can I help you, Adam?

Hey, here he is! Great to see you're still alive, Mikey. Expect a private message in a few moments.

DC_PLAYER
Dec 20, 2017, 06:22 PM
If you are sending messages to me then i can say i never received anything

MinscTFA
Dec 21, 2017, 05:01 AM
There's a KIREEK with a blog here.

https://kireekpso.wordpress.com/

Mystil
Dec 21, 2017, 02:13 PM

It was not a foreign concept to everyone. Cheating is why there are no more online PS games officially in the west lol.

There were just way more idiots posting here back then. They all are gone now, thank god.

trypticon
Dec 22, 2017, 02:15 AM
It was not a foreign concept to everyone. Cheating is why there are no more online PS games officially in the west lol.

There were just way more idiots posting here back then. They all are gone now, thank god.

Oh, I don't think they're ALL gone.

There's a KIREEK with a blog here.

https://kireekpso.wordpress.com/

That's quite all right. DC Player materialized and it was he that I was looking for. Thank you for reaching out in this venture, though. It is good to see it getting some attention

If you are sending messages to me then i can say i never received anything

I apologize for a lack of updates in this at the moment. The latest Windows 10 update has convinced my laptop that it doesn't have a Wifi adapter and I'm having to drag the stupid thing to the connection downstairs to plug it in. I don't do that very often, though, so we have a current lack of updates. I sent a PM to ADE recently, outlining perhaps a bit too much of what I wanted to do. The input from both of you, since I'll have the two of you on the same team pairing up in this, will be appreciated. But, before any input is asked for, those points of interest in the storyline will have to be cemented.

You know, I feel as if I may have gotten ahead of myself slightly by contacting a bunch of people about this before the story was written. On the other hand, not so much, though, since I am interested in input from the lot of you for shaping how the characters might react to certain situations

Thank you for your reply, I've got good things in store for everyone I'm seeing put into this.

By the way, does anyone know a way I can get into contact with Sharkyland? I think I've got an old e-mail from him, but, like the others, it's eastily twelve years old, now, and one he may not check. I can see he hasn't logged into PSO world for a few years now, which makes me sad, because I was really looking forward to that massive comic arc he was planning before. Anyway, for a guy who loved challenge more than anything else, I've go to admit, getting in touch with him now is proving to be one. If anyone is in contact with him, still, it would be great if he could see that somebody here is looking for him.

Brownski
Jan 4, 2018, 03:47 PM
HI Adam.

Best of luck finding players and with your project, I always loved your videos back in the day! Sorry for being a dick sometimes too, kids eh?

If you happen to reach Zophar, please tell him I said hi.

trypticon
Jan 7, 2018, 11:37 AM
HI Adam.

Best of luck finding players and with your project, I always loved your videos back in the day! Sorry for being a dick sometimes too, kids eh?

To my surprise, the mailer demon never sent me anything stating that the old PSO inspired Hotmail address for Zophar was a bad one. To even greater surprise, I was met with a reply from him the next day. I replied to that, suggesting how I thought it was amazing that he'd be checking a PSO inspired Hotmail address after all of these years, since the last place I saw him was about mid-life of the PSO GC Sonic Team Server lifespan. I don't know if he continued on with any Phantasy Star games after that, in other words. True to form, he hasn't replied to that, so it's like he really doesn't check it, and maybe I just sent the original mail on a day he was feeling like checking a thirteen year old e-mail address was a good idea.

I'll let him know you conveyed a hello to him.

In other news, no new news about getting Sharyland's attention.

Dragwind
Jan 7, 2018, 01:24 PM
Any hint or preview as to what this project is?

trypticon
Jan 11, 2018, 02:30 AM
Any hint or preview as to what this project is?

I don't want to reveal too much about it at this early time, just because, no matter how badly I want to finish this project, like many other projects, it probably will never see completion.

I can say that there is a reason I'm seeking players for old characters that were well known at a time ending around ten years ago.

I can say that I'm not interesting in finding new characters. Any new characters created for anything are going to be largely inconsequential.

Is it a story? Is it a movie? Is it a cartoon? Is it all going to be handled in house? Will there be audio? Sure. Will the story be a good one? I certainly hope so.

DC_PLAYER
Jan 11, 2018, 05:45 PM
Where did those ppl exist exactly, in this forum? In a particular private server forums? In a specific group/clan forum?

Because i can try and search for some of them by using the internet archive, the wayback machine, i can also check ragol.co.uk forums to see if they ever made an account there, it always worth the try to see if the registration email is still valid.
Reddit can also be a good source for information, not many ppl post but there is a considerable ammount of ppl watching that subreddit

trypticon
Jan 15, 2018, 01:01 AM
Where did those ppl exist exactly, in this forum? In a particular private server forums? In a specific group/clan forum?

Because i can try and search for some of them by using the internet archive, the wayback machine, i can also check ragol.co.uk forums to see if they ever made an account there, it always worth the try to see if the registration email is still valid.
Reddit can also be a good source for information, not many ppl post but there is a considerable ammount of ppl watching that subreddit

The few that I am seeking whom I've lost contact with came from here. Sharkyland was really well known on the GC because he was one of the main Challenge mode players outside of Japan. Many people played Challenge and only Challenge, but I knew him better than any of the others that weren't playing out of Japan.

I'll have to think of others. Again, most of the ones I'm thinking about came from right here. For sure, some of them used to visit Ragol.uk.com, or whatever, as well, as you suggested. I've been to the Reddit group to look around for this project. I didn't realize it was heavily viewed, because the most recent messages there were a week or more old. I guess for a game as old as this one, though, that's impressive.

Thank you for your assistance in getting this viewed. I'm working on the script, and I'm liking some of the ideas that are going into it. I hope others will like it, too.

Speaking of that. I know I originally was asking after you as Kireek, rather than PC Player. Since I never played PSO on the PC, it's apparent I've missed ever experiencing a game with you. In this story, I have your character listed as somebody who goes out of his way to make a challenge for yourself. I'm basing that after your profile quote from PSO world: When Ultimate isn't ultimate enough, or something. It would probably be a good idea if I knew what type of character you used to play, as well as character name for identification purposes, as right now I only have you listed as PC Player. Also, did you have any catch phrases that you were accustomed to use all the time back then? It would be nice to throw those in for a few of the characters.

HI Adam.

Zophar replied, again, and says hello. He even came to PSO world to check out this very thread. Perhaps he sent a word of memory back to you prior to my reply here. If he didn't, though, he wishes you well, and was even able to boot up his old Zophar character on the gamecube to check if it still existed.

I believe I saw, once upon a time, that you no longer owned a Gamecube, Blessed. As well known as your character was back then, I'm surprised you sold it. Well, maybe it broke. Nice to read that you watched the things I used to make for this. That is honestly kind of surprising.

I am happy to see, though, that you did end up finding a Sealed J Sword, and even unsealed it. Speaking of which....

Hello. I'm here.Thanks.

Mikey, it has been years since I followed anything Phantasy Star related. I'm happy to read that you continued to enjoy your adventures after moving to Ephinea. I've read good things about that server, although I don't plan on ever setting foot there, myself.

While writing your character into the first scene of this story, I got to wondering something: Did you succeed in finding the cursed blade that kept you in the Towers? Nobody deserved that sword more than you did, on the Gamecube side of things. I don't know what the frenzy was like for it on Blue Burst, but on Gamecube, that thing should have been yours a dozen times over.

Indeed, I've already mentioned that in the script.

Understand, Mikey, I'm not making anything funny out of this aspect of your online history. I'm using the mentioning of it as a driving force for your character being the utmost legitimate member of the military. You and PC Player are going to make a great combination, and have already both appeared in a scene. The banter between the two of you will be great, and very humanizing.

Well, perhaps I've written too much, already.

Crazyleo
Jan 15, 2018, 08:09 AM
Even though I won't be a part of this (though I would like to); I am interested to see this come to fruition on this site in some form.

DC_PLAYER
Jan 17, 2018, 07:16 PM
I did play PSO BB, but it was mainly for screenshots and socializing, I also played v2 on PC and did a few games but it was more on the fun side of things, far from the hardcore joystick movements that i had on DC and that was the platform i reached lvl 200, i also end up realizing that even without rushing (i did vhard as well as ultimate equally after lvl 190) i ended up reaching lvl 200 sooner than many other players, so my gameplay was kinda efficient compared to others who reached lvl 200 or were near that point.

All the info you need is in my signature, a HUmar named HUGO and that pretty much all i did, i actually tought of quiting the game after reaching the end of the 1st difficulty because only then i understood that i was at 25% completion rate, at the time that hit me hard, but then i kept going and going.
The game had an appeal.

I didn't have any catch phrases.

ZER0 DX
Jan 19, 2018, 08:30 AM
Excuse me, I seem to have either fallen into a time warp or there's some real blasts from the past all showing up in this thread, it's surreal.

Always was intrigued by your video projects, they were like pioneers of machinima before that was even a thing.

Dragwind
Jan 19, 2018, 08:31 AM
I hope somewhere in your project you include some throwback spam, like ye old "GET WITH SSJ"

trypticon
Jan 20, 2018, 01:03 AM
Excuse me, I seem to have either fallen into a time warp or there's some real blasts from the past all showing up in this thread, it's surreal.

Always was intrigued by your video projects, they were like pioneers of machinima before that was even a thing.

Don't act as though you weren't in Episode 13, voicing your own character Zero DX. I mean, about nobody got the chance to provide voice over for their own characters in that series of films. YOu were it. Mary Vang did some voice work for that episode, too, but I'm fairly sure that wasn't her character she was providing voice for.

Speaking of which, Zero DX did survive episode 13. I wonder if he'll be seen in this new venture.

Seriously, has anybody seen Sharkyland? Tycho, too, would be good to see, again, in this thread.

It's been a fairly busy week at work and home. I did some further research into some things about Ragol today, again. It wasn't anything new to look at, but was a nice refresher course. I even listened, while working, to some of the old episodes I'd made ten or more years ago. I kind of regretted doing so, since there was some absolute crap in those scripts, but it was young me making them, so what do I expect?

In any case, work continues on this scripting process. I'm really hoping to see some other older players in this thread, in time. BonusKun would be good, since I have plans for his character SNK for a small portion of story.

Tycho,

Dark Shadow,
Lightning,
Tyrant Flame,
Android 21,
DJR,
Saiffwin
Cypher,
AIM,
James,
Rob,
Kayak,

Tycho
Jan 20, 2018, 06:45 AM
Hey, thanks for pinging me on Facebook.
Can't believe most of this was half a life-time ago for me.
Hope you can still find the others!

DC_PLAYER
Jan 20, 2018, 08:17 AM
Kayak? Cranberry?
Those might be around L33tserv server forums: http://l33tserv.forum-nation.com/

trypticon
Jan 26, 2018, 01:21 AM
Update:

Over the last several days, I've been in contact with a few of the players from long ago that I was looking for. Tyrant Flame, Alaina, Tycho, Android 21, Rob, and James have all sent replies to my plea for attention.

My plea. Yes, it is one, I must admit.

The script has gone moved forward, creating more rough ideas for scenes that I'd like to put together, and even including some extra older player characters than I'd originally planned on. There were so many noteworthy personalities from the earlier days of PSO. I'd really find it a shame to waste any that stick out, in my mind. Though I usually holed myself up in a not very populated ship, and in an even less populated block and lobby of said ship, I still heard about a number of players frequently, and those characters were well known among the others..

So,the medium to tell the story, at this point, is still up in the air. The goal is to have it filmed, although there's no way the film is going to simply be recorded from game play. The story I'd like to flesh out is simply larger than what the game offers for visuals, so I'm going to have to go with something else. Animation would be cool, and possibly time consuming/resource consuming, but it could do the project justice.

Voices? There will be many, and I'll be reaching out, over time, to the players of the characters I'd like to use in order to ask if they would like an opportunity to voice what is essentially based off of their old creation. I'm going to be honest that, while this is going to be a plot driven storyline, I'd really like it to be sort of like a multiplayer game of PSO, as much as can be. If somebody has the equipment to record their character lines, after some coaching, I'd be all for having them voice themselves.

Tymek
Jan 26, 2018, 07:53 AM
Cranberry plays DRAGON QUEST X, so I suggest this is where you'll definitely find her: http://www.woodus.com/forums/

trypticon
Jan 30, 2018, 01:32 AM
Cranberry plays DRAGON QUEST X, so I suggest this is where you'll definitely find her: http://www.woodus.com/forums/

Thank you for that. I looked at the site, and it appears to be, uh, populated.

Anyway, still looking for Sharkyland out there, somewhere. I've mostly found the others, so far.

trypticon
Mar 6, 2018, 12:15 AM

Zero DX, what's your audio recording capability looking like these days? I'm interested in having original voice players come back to voice their parts, this time. If you're still set up for audio, it would be nice to have you playing Zero DX again.

Photon Drop, a long time ago, you used to hang out with another female character. I seriously can't remember that character's name, and would like to know if you remember, since it was a character your Photon Drop gamed with seemingly every day.

ZER0 DX
Mar 18, 2018, 12:11 AM
A million times better now. I have a choice of Snowball and Yeti microphones, and can borrow a buddies professional condenser mic if needed. Also considering I have my own place these days, no more need to suppress the shouting out of uh... less than appropriate character names out of fear of adverse parental reactions.

Kazlan
Mar 22, 2018, 06:25 PM
Alright, I just read through all of this. I have no idea what it is still, but I'm interested to see it. Just wanted to throw my support for it out there.

trypticon
Mar 23, 2018, 12:09 AM
A million times better now. I have a choice of Snowball and Yeti microphones, and can borrow a buddies professional condenser mic if needed. Also considering I have my own place these days, no more need to suppress the shouting out of uh... less than appropriate character names out of fear of adverse parental reactions.

The Yeti will provide better quality recordings than the Snowball will. However, a proper condenser mic through XLR will provide better quality than anything a USB mic can produce, unless we're talking about a hybrid mic, as in the Yeti Pro, where the USB often outshines what can be recorded vie the XLR option.

So, depending on what type of condenser mic your friend has, and of course the sound treatment in the room you plan on recording in, you might get a great sound from the recordings.

If your own recording space isn't treated, you might want to ask your friend if you can record there. If that's not possible, I can probably clean it up in post some. Find out what type of condenser that is, and let me know.

Good to see you still around.

This project is still in the writing stages, but I'm pretty excited about a number of characters and their motivations. PC Player, your Hugo character is going to be great! Ade, I've got not only your ADE character in play, but also your ADEL character alongside him.

And, of course, others are making appearances, too, throughout the script. A number of favorites will certainly show up. Photon Drop is in there, along with Zero DX, Zophar, and even Blessed has shown up in a scene.

I'm aiming for script completion in, hopefully, a few weeks. It will probably take longer than that, but I'd really like to get this show on the road some. I'm probably going to wait on recording a number of lines, myself, until my next studio upgrade, Anyone else supplying dialog, though, is free to do so,

I'm also hoping to get a few of the character owners together after script completion to go over the script, and listen to any rebuttals on character motivations, which I hope won't be too great, as well as any ideas for further growth with character development in some areas. I've attempted this type of thing before, and it has rarely come to light, due to conflicting schedules. At this point, though, I'd really like to have it happen, again.

Alright, I just read through all of this. I have no idea what it is still, but I'm interested to see it. Just wanted to throw my support for it out there.

Thank you.

trypticon
Apr 4, 2018, 07:17 PM
Small update:

This project is still moving, still evolving, if you will. The story is being fleshed out, with the script coming along just fine.

My studio here has received a big, big, big, big boost just this last weekend.

At the moment, I am pleased with the progress, thus far. This is a larger project than I've worked on for the community, or what's left of it, anyway, and I want to make sure this anthology is done right.

However, I do need some assistance remembering things. Despite logging a humiliating thousands of hours into the game online, I uh... didn't get out of Altair 10-10 much. Because of that, I'm forgetting some names of people whom I know of, but wasn't too close to.

If anyone is following this thread in this forum.do you happen to remember the name of the dude who ran Phantasmal World 4 solo without getting hit? I'm pretty sure he recorded it, but when I look for "Phantasmal World 4 Solo no damage" or "Phantasmal World 4 solo" online, a bunch of things come up. I can't remember what class of character he was playing for the run, but I think I remember it was a Humar, which is amazing, honestly.

Hmm, I wonder if I have him on my guild card list on the game.

Edit: Never mind, I found it. The player in question went by Ch@os M@gnum back then. I was close, because I kept looking for Chaos Mage. I remembered Schranko had his name on his own guild card, as a tribute to making it through the quest without damage.

Blessed, if you see this, know that I am waiting for a reply from you on the events surrounding your find of the Sealed J Sword, which I thought I'd read about some time back. I would like to know where it was found, and if there were any other players with you at the time, so I can throw their names in the flashback of the event your character has in the story.

Zero DX, you're in there. You haven't done a whole lot, yet, but that will change with the next chapter, I think.

PC Player/Hugo: I think your own character is my favorite so far out of this story. Your lust for challenge creates funny situations in everything you do, so far. It's not meant to demean your character or history, it just happens to happen as you insist on doing everything the hard way. But, your character is smart, and figures things out quickly.

ADE, writing for your part is so much fun! Even better, writing both ADE and Adell going back and forth is fun! I really hope you're going to like what happens in this.

That's it, for now.

DC_PLAYER
Apr 10, 2018, 06:23 PM
Ch@os M@gnum, now that's is a name i clearly remember even if he was outside my PSO version i still remember his videos. Cool guy

Fossil
Apr 16, 2018, 01:05 AM
Some old faces in here

NegaTsukasa
May 25, 2018, 11:29 PM
I would like to add, that I was a big fan of your videos back in the day; Inspired me to make some of my own with my friends. Nostalgia rushes in this thread like the waterfalls in the caves of Ragol. Looking forward to your newest production when it releases.

trypticon
May 28, 2018, 12:55 AM
Thank you for stopping in. The script, I feel, is probably reaching an end, which is nice, because it feels as if the writing process has been dragging for a while, because it has. Typically, when I used to write a script for anything, I'd be able to bang it out pretty quickly, That didn't always lead to very good scripts, though, and I wanted this one to be, well, I wanted it to at least be OK.

As I wrote some time prior to this reply, this project is going to be an anthology. I'd really like to see it animated, but with a budget of nothing to go into it, well, you know what that means. I have, however, been able to cast a few people for different character voices over the last few months, and that is going to at least mean an audio book, of sorts.

So, maybe not what I was originally hoping for, but it's something.

Speaking of voicing, Zero DX, if you see this, your part in the story is complete, and I can send it to you for voicing, if you're at all interested in reprising your own character, again. It would be really nice if you were up for that, because anyone who ends up watching or listening to this would have the benefit of enjoying that some old character voices are returning for their roles... hopefully.

Now, what I was originally hoping for was for this to be a quest on some private servers. That idea was shot down immediately, because I wouldn't be coding the quest, myself. That's fine. I don't know how to do it, so I understand that someone else isn't going to want to have to take whatever ideas I have, and try to translate them into something virtual reality, right? It probably takes a load of time, and I agree, I wouldn't want to do it, either, even if I did know how. Also, this story ends up going to a few different places that PSO maps don't offer, so, new locations are a good thing, especially when kept to a minimum, as I've done here so far.

One issue with the anthology is that, there were a whole lot of personalities over the years on PSO, and I really wanted to give a number of them a chance to shine. The issue that comes into play which the current Avengers Infinity War suffers from, is that the cast is too big to give adequate screen time for character development to be granted to everyone. This script, I feel, is running long, already. When I read through it, I'm just reading through it at reading speed, not allowing for scene time to play out, and I'm thinking it's already probably hitting the two hour mark. As I wrote, it's getting close to completion, but it's not there yet, and in reality, I'm going to have to shave a number of things down, or off, altogether, in order to make something easily watchable, or listenable to the few people whom are going to be interested in seeing this.

Also, a problem with classic anthologies that we see in film is that, usually, there are a few older characters, and then a bunch of new ones that nobody knows or cares about, and the old character work the entire time to get people to give a crap about the new characters. That bothers me every time it happens. I'm taking the original Transformers Movie into mind here, where almost every character that was from before gets blown away, and we're left with a bunch of new characters we have no connection to to finish out the film. I used to think that this was a GREAT animate move. Now when I watch it, I think it's complete garbage. Maybe not Michael Bay level garbage, but still, garbage. I didn't want to go that route, at all. I don't know the newer players that are currently involved in the game. I don't even know if they exist or not. So, there you go.

As it is, I'm happy with the way the story is playing out. There are some very notable old characters in this that are getting a great amount of attention, and the good news is, they aren't all my own! So, not a completely one sided/selfish story going on here.

Another thing to note is the time line from Episode 3 plays into this. I was hoping to have this going on before a big event that occurred prior to episode 3, but, as it turns out, with the way I ended episode 13 eleven years ago, I have been forced to push the start of THIS adventure out a number of years more than I was originally expecting. I encountered this storyline issue quite a while ago, and believe I've made up for it/altered the original idea enough to make the time line fit. I'll hopefully be sending out some preview copies to a few people I'm utilizing characters from in the next few weeks. I'm saying that, because, though I feel like I'm only a few scenes away from the finish, and I've been writing on it a lot lately, well, life happens and LOVES to get in the way of anything interesting I'm attempting to do. I'm sure others can relate to this.

Anyway, again, I'd love to get this animated. I've looked at Reddit for any free animation forums. I haven't found any. With a script the size of this one, unless I do it, myself, it's not going to happen.

In other news, I believe I found an old e-mail address for Sharkyland last night or the night before. I sent a letter to it, and don't expect to receive anything back, since it's a thirteen year old e-mail that is PSO based. Then again, I was able to get in touch with Zophar doing the same thing, so, possibilities are there.

trypticon
May 28, 2018, 05:15 PM
Hey, if anybody has ADE on contact at more places that he visits than here, could you let him know that I sent him a question today? I looked at his profile, and it states that he hasn't logged on since mid-January. I'd like the question answered pretty quickly, if he has time for it.

Thank you!

S N K
Jun 10, 2018, 01:57 AM
Merp~

trypticon
Jun 10, 2018, 01:26 PM
Merp~

Merp is about right, yes. SNK does appear in two scenes within the script, already. I can see SNK appearing in a third one near the end of the story, too.

I was planning on contacting you, eventually, for another reason, too. Brinstar was a place where a number of original level 200 players hung out, including you and I. I was very interested in learning if you had kept in any sort of contact with JenStar, whom reached level 200 extremely early in the game's life span by doing almost nothing other than... I'm thinking it was Max Attack 2, back when Max Attack 2 still mattered, and Rappies Singing By The Beach quest was still up, allowing players to marry one another in game. I was wondering if I would have to go find your old account, Bonuskun (I think). I didn't know if you really came around these boards, anymore. After Final fantasy 11 came out, I didn't see much of you.

trypticon
Jun 10, 2018, 06:02 PM
If anyone has contact info for the user Shimarisu, I would love to know a bit more about his Pouilli Slime deck for episode 3 that he posted a guide here on around 15 years ago. Alas, it seems he hasn't logged on here for fourteen years.

Hysteria1987
Jun 10, 2018, 11:33 PM
Oh hey old people!

I used to play under the user name Eggman2002, then, well, Hysteria. I had like 5000 characters, but mostly used a HUmar called Torak, a RAmar called Anetheron, and a FOnewearl called Tian.

In any case I do keep in regular contact with a few of the oldies, or at the very least have ways of contacting them - the only ones you've listed that I have are Kayak, Cranberry and Cypher, but send me a PM if you want to know details of anyone else, and I'll let you know who I have.

trypticon
Jun 12, 2018, 07:14 PM
Oh hey old people!

I used to play under the user name Eggman2002, then, well, Hysteria. I had like 5000 characters, but mostly used a HUmar called Torak, a RAmar called Anetheron, and a FOnewearl called Tian.

In any case I do keep in regular contact with a few of the oldies, or at the very least have ways of contacting them - the only ones you've listed that I have are Kayak, Cranberry and Cypher, but send me a PM if you want to know details of anyone else, and I'll let you know who I have.

I remember Tian, and Anetheron, and probably Torak, but I also wouldn't doubt that there was more than just you named Torak, through the years. I also remember Hysteria, the name, from something or other.

Thanks for offering on reaching out to some others. AT this point in the writing process, roles are pretty much filled, and I don't want to add a bunch of old characters for simple cameo purposes. I'll admit, there are already a small handful of that. The characters I've put in have sustained some amount of development, which is nice. I don't want to overplay it, and at this point, the script is running long, which probably means that breaking it up into an episodic thing would be a good idea, which kind of stinks. Oh well. I did try to get in touch with Cranberry a few times over the months, and received nothing from her, so I'm taking that to mean that she doesn't want to be involved, and that's actually something I grew familiar with from her years ago, so no hard feelings on that. Kayak's part ended up being smaller than I originally thought it would be. No communication was really necessary there unless he wants to speak some of the lines on his own. I have two of his characters, though, and differentiating them would be good, since they are both in the same scene together. I don't want it to seem like the same person is trying to talk over themselves, in other words. Originally, I had some plans for Cypher, too. After doing some research, though, those plans changed, which is too bad, because for the longest time, Cypher was ALWAYS around when I was online! I really ought to put the RAcaseal in there, somewhere. Casts are a rarity though, so, I don't know.

Thanks, though!.

Hysteria1987
Jun 14, 2018, 02:22 AM
All good yo.

Good luck!

DC_PLAYER
Jun 17, 2018, 08:22 AM
I'm actually eager, not only to see the final result, but also to see the caracthers because part of PSO is creating that connection. Sure BERNIE and SUE are interesting, but the onces created from actual players should be interesting aswell

trypticon
Jul 9, 2018, 11:53 PM
Hey, do any of you older players have a trove of duplicated S rank weapons from other players? If so, what are some of the names on them? I thought I would have a lot more than I ended up having, and I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what happened to most of them that I did have, once upon a time. I'm looking for variety, here, too, so don't be shy about silly names that people put on them.

trypticon
Jul 12, 2018, 04:47 AM
my cat is curled up in the crook of my left arm giving birth to kittens right now, she's delivered three, at least, thus far. The time is currently 2:42 in the morning. I'm only able to type with my right arm due to baby kittens and mom having claimed the other for the night. I'll need to be up for work in a few hours which is problematic.

While I get to listen to newborns screaming for milk, someone might want to listen to this: https://soundcloud.com/adam-angle/intro-commercial

trypticon
Jul 26, 2018, 12:54 AM
Two days ago. I finished a rough draft of the script for this project. Yesterday, I spaced the chapters out. Today, I ran a spell check. The rough draft is currently over three hundred pages long. That's not very long, for my writing, but whatever. I started writing the script on November 27th of last year, so it's been a bit of a process to reach this point. There were long periods where I didn't add anything to the story, but in the end, I think it turned out fairly well.

That stated, I am going to admit up front that this far in, it's still probably going to be considered very early in the stages of development for this. I simply don't have a budget to make this into what I really wanted to see it as. I would love for it to be animated. That oosts a lot. I even though of having it animated like a South Park episode. That could happen, honestly, but I don't think doing that is going to give it the serious vibe I was hoping for. Oh, don't get me wrong, there is a lot of humor within the writing. Some of the subject matter is serious, though.

I will be looking for some artwork to depict some of the characters within the script. There are a number of very talented artists here whom I'd love to get together with to see what could come from different character takes.

Here's a short character list for those that appear in the script

Pink Passion: Hunewearl

Alaina: Fonewearl

Lightning: Humar

Otis: Ramar

Tycho: Fomar

Photon Drop: Hunewearl

Zero DX: Humar

Android 21: Hucast

Tyrant Flame:. Humar

ADE: Humar

Adel: Fonewearl

Hugo: Humar

Schranko: Humar

Madison: Fonewearl

SNK: Hucaseal

Blessed: Humar

Zophar :Fomar

Lee: Fonewm

James: Humar

Adam: RAcast

Dark Shadow: HUcast

Lightning: LIghtning's wife. Fonewearl

Eclair: Hunewearl

Jenstar: Fonewearl.

Firebolt: RAmar.

Match: HUcast.

Grez: HUmar.

Keystone. RAcaseal

Chaos Magnum: Ramar

Cypher: racaseal

Clones: Clones are exact replicas of people that either exist, or existed previously. The clone is created, and then fed a memory chip that contains the knowledge and experiences of another person. There is a rumor that Tycho is cloned, as Tycho, at least, had been defeated before and forced to start back at a beginning state, while still carrying the memories and experiences necessary to reach the end goal set out for him without status advancement. In game terms, he was able to go from normal through ultimate in episode 1 without leveling until defeating Dark Falz on ultimate.

Tamahome:

Zeota: Hunewearl

Ultimecia:. FOnewearl

Delphine:. Hunewearl

Kayak:

Tyrant_Flame
Jul 27, 2018, 04:20 PM
Well, well, well. There certainly are some memorable names around this place.

Hysteria1987
Jul 27, 2018, 05:24 PM
Well, well, well. There certainly are some memorable names around this place.Never thought I'd see you round these parts again :-P

Tyrant_Flame
Jul 27, 2018, 05:32 PM
Yet here I am. This place is pretty quiet, not that I was expecting Times Square or anything. How's things Tian?

trypticon
Jul 27, 2018, 07:45 PM
Well, well, well. There certainly are some memorable names around this place.

Well met, Tyrant. Got some time in you schedule for some reading?

Tyrant_Flame
Jul 28, 2018, 04:59 AM
Should do tomorrow.

trypticon
Jul 28, 2018, 11:04 PM
Great, great! I don't know what type of file format everyone is able to read on their respective computes, but I'm ready to send a preview to Alaina, David Rankine, Ryan from Newfoundland, James, Brian, Tycho, Ryan from South London, Zophar, Hugo, and Mikey. For the most of you, all I have is a very old e-mail address from around 2003 to 2005, so go check your MSN, Gmail, or Hotmail accounts, if you still have access to them. Mikey and Hugo's are up to date.

Zero DX, and Photon Drop: I would like to send you the preview, as well. Heck, Zero can even use it to record his lines, if you want to. If I have e-mail addresses for either of you, it's a surprise to me. If you see this, and would like to read through what I have, feel free to send your address via private message, or something.

Crazyleo
Jul 30, 2018, 12:40 PM
I think PDFs are pretty standard nowadays. If not; you could send an unformatted text file.

DC_PLAYER
Aug 1, 2018, 03:23 PM
Ok, that was a long read, but an interesting one, i simply kept going and it's scary that you mapped a part of my personality in it aswell, didn't think it was that obvious. Like always watching certain caracthers movements among other activities.

trypticon
Aug 1, 2018, 11:08 PM
Ok, that was a long read, but an interesting one, i simply kept going and it's scary that you mapped a part of my personality in it aswell, didn't think it was that obvious. Like always watching certain caracthers movements among other activities.

I am happy to find that you read the full script. While I was hoping that the few people I sent the preview to would do just that, I also understand human nature, and expected them to simply search for their own part, and see where that led their respective character. So, I thank you up front for giving the entirety of the script a fair chance to stand.

Though you and I never played this game on the same system, I really enjoyed taking the idea of a character only interested in the challenges life brings, and seeing what I could do with it. I didn't want to go overboard, though, and hope that I didn't offend you in any way, Hugo.

As it happens, you are not the only one who provided feedback on the script today. Tyrant Flame and I had a discussion on it, as well. He has not yet finished reading, but there were some things he commented on in the first half of the writing. Tyrant, if you see this, I look forward to more ideas from you, including what you think the old group might be able to do with this thing.

Tyrant_Flame
Aug 2, 2018, 03:27 AM
I am happy to find that you read the full script. While I was hoping that the few people I sent the preview to would do just that, I also understand human nature, and expected them to simply search for their own part, and see where that led their respective character. So, I thank you up front for giving the entirety of the script a fair chance to stand.

Though you and I never played this game on the same system, I really enjoyed taking the idea of a character only interested in the challenges life brings, and seeing what I could do with it. I didn't want to go overboard, though, and hope that I didn't offend you in any way, Hugo.

As it happens, you are not the only one who provided feedback on the script today. Tyrant Flame and I had a discussion on it, as well. He has not yet finished reading, but there were some things he commented on in the first half of the writing. Tyrant, if you see this, I look forward to more ideas from you, including what you think the old group might be able to do with this thing.

Judging by the scroll bar on the MS Word format, I'm probably about 20% of the way through it at the moment. As Hugo has said above, and before I even read his response, you've (largely!) done a remarkable job of actually exposing the traits and personalities of all of these players (certainly the ones I remember and played with regularly) into their characters - although I won't name the specific players. Parodies and references of/to Yugioh have also made me chuckle - delivery astute.

I'll shared my comprehensive views once I've completed reading which could be as soon as the end of the weekend.

trypticon
Aug 18, 2018, 07:01 PM
While I was looking forward to some reviews from people I sent this to, the response hasn't been entirely overwhelming. That's ok, though, because I just got done reading through the script from start to finish for the first time, today.

I admit, a few changes and corrections were necessary throughout the text. However, the only major mistake I really made was what happens to all of your mesetta when you've been revived by the Pioneer 2 hospital. With that correct, and a few other line corrections, I believe it flows together fairly well.

n any case, for anyone following this, I guess putting out a list of the characters who currently show up in this, along with a more detailed description of what they are about, isn't a bad idea..

In no articular order of appearance, then:

Pink Passion: Seen it all, been there, done that. She is very guarded these days, after having been hunted by Black Paper and other men during her younger years. Loyal, but still dangerous. Hunewearl

Alaina: Innocent to a fault. The youngest of the bunch, still has a sense that she doesn't entirely belong with the group. Upset that she missed out on so many adventures before. Envious of past heroes such as Pink Passion, Lightning, Adam, etc. Is very accustomed to people trying to open up to her. So much so, that she doesn't quite get it when somebody is doing so. Was the youngest spy WORKS ever employed. She was employed at a young age due to nobody suspecting somebody so young would have BEEN a spy, and people naturally opened up to her even then. Able to focus upon a problem like no other. Well educated. Fonewearl

Lightning: Veteran WORKS member. Understands that he is now heading into the twilight of his life, and is sad that he didn't do more with it when he'd had the chance. Remains faithful to his estranged wife, Lightning. Recently realized he was interested in Alaina. Humar

Otis: Past his prime, as he had been before. Realizes his weakness. Still stands for the old WORKS motto, though he may have forgotten what it was. Believes that diplomacy is more powerful than violence. Perverted. Ramar

Tycho: After revival from his death at the hands of Dark Shadow at the end of Episode 11, Tycho was forced to start from scratch, again. However, smart as he was, he was able to go all the way through the challenges on Ragol at level 1 to demonstrate that he still had the experience from prior to his defeat. Fomar

Photon Drop: Excitable to a fault. Hot headed. Temperamental. Loves Pink Passion dearly, but misses her old love, Eclair. Hunewearl

Zero DX: Retired WORKS agent who keeps his past employer a secret, since he doesn't want to be tied to the stigma of the photon disruption that had happened back then. Loyal to his current subjects of employment: acting as a security guard for retired Hunewearls. Humar

Android 21: Specialized Hucast whom avoided the OPSS incident by simply staying on the planet surface. Runs a business locating old PIoneer 1 military grade objects (rares). Very specialized HUcast unit, with sensors that grant him innate abilities to predict query paths, track heat signatures, hear far off sounds. etc. Extremely logical, and detailed in his speech. Calm demeanor. Hucast

Tyrant Flame: Retired WORKS agent. Now owns businesses on the beach for killing bees, and in the forest for killing flies. Comedy relief, but with a serious side, too. Understands he's too old to be setting off on a new adventure, but, due to a strong sense of right and wrong, will grudgingly go along with it, anyway. Humar

ADE: Commander of the WORKS military at this time. Strong willed, and strongly opinionated. Dislikes life forms outside of humans. Hates Androids, largely because it was two androids whom had caused the Photon disruption years ago. Will stop at nothing to find his targets, Adam and Dark Shadow. Quick to anger, equally quick to violence to get his way. Explored and investigated the East and West Towers more than anyone else from Pioneer 2. Hates that he was never able to communicate with Delta directly. Rages that he had to give up the search for the Sealed J Sword due to the photon disruption. Trusts no one due to other "scientists" taking credit for his discoveries across the surface of Ragol. The issue of others taking credit for his finds got so out of hand that, eventually, he refused to allow other scientists to accompany him on investigations. Last surviving member of original research team that first located and studied the GERM. Strong enough to withstand the ravages that the GERM caused to his body and psyche. Ade is still infected, and the infection is the reason behind his anger and violent nature. Humar

Adel: Ade's counterpart. Adel is incredibly smart, and calm in the face of the rage that ADE displays. Cool, level headed, logical. Is able to figure problems out quickly. Is not intimidated by ADE, or by his frequent threats towards her well being. Sticks with WORKS to examine the GERM's effect on her counterpart, ADE. Fonewearl

Hugo: Interested largely in making his life more difficult than it has to be, Hugo strives to find the challenge in any given situation. Current WORKS agent working closely with ADE and Adel. Generally a good person, he'll cheer anyone on who happens to be facing a challenge in their life. Humar

Schranko: Member of WORKS who relies on violence and intimidation to get his way. Will not hesitate to lash out and strike someone if they cross him. Loyal to ADE. Does not fear ADE. Looks up to Chaos Magnum. Unimpressed by most people. Humar

Madison: Worker at the museum, she is generally a troublemaker who likes to bug Lightning about his crush on Alaina. Close friend of Alaina, though, with an interest in getting Alaina out into the world to experience life, again. Fonewearl

SNK: Largely inactive security guard at the museum. Works in silence but is always monitoring the building. Hucaseal

Blessed: WORKS loyalist with his own stories to tell about his past on Ragol. Rational, though mostly reliant on strength, alone. Humar

Zophar: Former WORKS agent who relies on his intellect to get him the information he seeks from others. Nervous around pretty women. Fomar

Lee: Manipulative landlord. Current spy for WORKS. Former Fonewm. Outcast from other Newmans, which he regrets. Fonewm

James: Previous member of Works. James had accompanied Dr Montague and his androids into the Ruins long ago in order to secure some key areas for the photon change. The resulting eruption scarred him, badly, and left him unable to find good work afterwards. He has since moved to the planet surface, and lives in a small, scattered community in the woods of Ragol. Tracker and trapper by nature. Humar

Adam: Former head of the WORKS division. RAcast

Dark Shadow: Former head of Black Paper. Master strategist. HUcast

Lightning: LIghtning's wife. Vanished years ago. Fonewearl

Eclair: Former lover of Photon Drop. Vanished years ago. Hunewearl

Jenstar: Known throughout the world as one of the original WORKS scientists to reach top level status, done so by being addicted to the Yahoo Cup, Maximum Attack 2. Fonewearl.

Firebolt: Works with WORKS. Apparently an expert in C.A.R.D. battle technique. Red costumed RAmar.

Match: Works with WORKS. Compassionate soldier. Frequently questions direct commands if they don't seem fair minded, but never the less, follows them if given, although he may do so grudgingly. HUcast.

Mebius: Luitenant with WORKS. HUmar.

Grez: Official historian with WORKS. Documents the details of battles that the soldiers partake in. Doesn't hesitate to question extreme motives. HUmar.

Keystone. Previous great friend and hunting partner to ADE. The disagreement that split the two happened long enough ago that the details are now unclear. Still, suspicion remains. RAcaseal

Chaos Magnum: Incredibly confident, incredibly cruel to others. Unimpressed by anyone, even his own commander, ADE. Insistent that he is the greatest thing to ever happen to Ragol or Pioneer 2. Likes to remind people that, almost twenty years ago, he completed the Virtual Reality simulator, Phantasmal World 4 without getting damaged. Despite acting as a leader in the military, now, will still fall back on that achievement as the reason why people should follow his orders. Massive ego. Ramar

Cypher: Former WORKS agent. Current location is unknown. Used as a character on a game show where contestants answer geographical and historical questions in order to find the illusive Dark Shadow and Adam. Cypher, being painted as a thief, will eventually lead contestants to a general location where the two can be found and apprehended.

Clones: Clones are exact replicas of people that either exist, or existed previously. The clone is created, and then fed a memory chip that contains the knowledge and experiences of another person. There is a rumor that Tycho is cloned, as he, at least, had been defeated before and forced to start back at a beginning state, while still carrying the memories and experiences necessary to reach the end goal set out for him without status advancement. In game terms, he was able to go from normal through ultimate in episode 1 without leveling until defeating Dark Falz on ultimate.

Tamahome: Works soldier, or private. Seems to have some say over foot soldiers. Cares to an undetermined degree about the young soldiers in the army, and hates to see them defeated.

Zeota: Vanished years ago. Hunewearl

Ultimecia: Vanished years ago. FOnewearl

Delphine: Vanished years ago. Hunewearl

Haldir: Vanished years ago. FOnewm.

Yuki-Hu: Vanished years ago. FOmarl.

So, that's the list right now. Almost all of these were characters that had appeared in my earlier films. The only character that wasn't a real character that anyone did anything with here is Otis. Otherwise, a few more old players might still end up showing as characters, as there are a number of unnamed characters speaking a line or two throughout the writing.. Personally, I'd rather them be based on somebody from before.

Otherwise, artwork will be commenced. I'm still kind of iffy about what form I'd like this project to take. Tyrant Flame asked pretty quickly how much animating something would end up being priced at. The answer is, more than I have. However, there are other avenues of animation available that could very well be afforded, or even done in house.

After the artwork for the main characters is finished, I'll likely be putting out a casting call for voices, so if anyone is interested in that, keep your eyes open for it.

Hugo, thank you for the feedback. Tyrant Flame, I'm happy that this at least got you playing the game again, if nothing else. Everyone else who reads this thread, thank you for checking in.

Mechoshira
Aug 19, 2018, 07:57 AM
I PM'ed you. Excited to see this come to fruition.

trypticon
Aug 25, 2018, 06:46 PM
Laid down some voice tracks for a few scenes today. Also sent out some messages to old contacts in an effort to get them on board with voicing their old characters, again.

Progress is slow, but it is moving.

Cranberry
Sep 18, 2018, 12:15 PM
Thank you for your consideration.

I do not wish to participate in this project. I am not granting permission to use my character and likeness in it.

~Cranberry

S N K
Sep 28, 2018, 12:47 AM
Merp is about right, yes. SNK does appear in two scenes within the script, already. I can see SNK appearing in a third one near the end of the story, too.

I was planning on contacting you, eventually, for another reason, too. Brinstar was a place where a number of original level 200 players hung out, including you and I. I was very interested in learning if you had kept in any sort of contact with JenStar, whom reached level 200 extremely early in the game's life span by doing almost nothing other than... I'm thinking it was Max Attack 2, back when Max Attack 2 still mattered, and Rappies Singing By The Beach quest was still up, allowing players to marry one another in game. I was wondering if I would have to go find your old account, Bonuskun (I think). I didn't know if you really came around these boards, anymore. After Final fantasy 11 came out, I didn't see much of you.

Sorry for the super slow reply. But yeah I hardly come around here these days since well things change and life goes on. JenStar.... Now that's a name I've not heard in years. She was a pretty fun person to hang out with but I don't know what happened to her since PSO. Sucks too since we were really good friends. As far as hunting me down, you can find me easier on Sega-16 since I'm a mod on the forums there.

I still randomly hook up my Gamecube and fire up PSO but sadly my old HUcaseal is gone due to my old memory card pooping away. :(

Edit: Tamahome was a HUmar.

darwin777
Oct 1, 2018, 04:15 AM
Since a couple of years ago I wanted to see two players in particular:
Quetzal:
It is a fairly well-known Japanese player that I found in Schthack PSO Server, I only played with it a few times and I would like to find it again

Hatsune Miku: It uses an Ellis skin and that is also someone known on the server, I think it's from the UK

Mystil
Apr 19, 2020, 01:39 PM
I played with 2 people from that list, but Blessed really stands out memory wise, because I went with him on all those PW4 farming runs.

Squeezit
May 27, 2020, 12:12 AM

That's kind of a fat chance here, these days, but if you have, that's great, because you could be one of the few old players I am trying to get back into contact with.

I'm currently working on a project, and would appreciate the input from a few old players about their character direction in certain situations and junk from way back when.

Cypher
ADE
Photon Drop
The One Hero. I already sent him a message, but I don't know if he even logs in anymore.
KIREEK
Tycho

Really, very interested in getting into touch with ADE and KIREEK, if they ate still around.

While I can't say much about the project here, it would be great to get some information from these individuals, if they can still be found here. Also, while this message might fit better in the LOUNGE forum, checking it tonight showed that there has been one active thread in there in the last seventy-five days, and I'm fairly certain that this would never been seen if it were moved there, so, since this is old PSO related, please do keep it here.

I knew KIREEK back in the day. I think he still browses kotaku cause I used to see him post there a lot (I stopped visiting).
I recognize the names for Cypher and Tycho, and possibly Photon Drop.
Ade I'm not sure of, unless you meant ADA? Or was it AIDA...
Used to be friends with them but I think they were the ones who worked on the translation patch for PSO2 jp

I doubt anyone would remember from PSO, but pc/ps2 players would likely recognize my name Masou or Squeezit.
I hung out on 4th floor everyday and kinda got a brief following as people started to join me there en masse

Sir_Laguna
Jun 1, 2020, 01:31 AM
WOW. If this isn't a laundry list of nostalgia, I don't know what is. I recall the people behind a good chunk of these names.

I remember your fan projects, Adam-- if this one's still alive, I'm interested to see where you go with it!

trypticon
Jun 14, 2020, 07:07 PM
Adam-- if this one's still alive, I'm interested to see where you go with it!

Some might have noticed that I haven't updated this project status for quite a while. It wasn't due to lack of personal interest in seeing it completed. I don't think anyone in their right mind would have sat down for months to write out a several hundred page long script without some hope of seeing it to completion. And, anyone whom had been a part of my last three productions would remember that each of them took over a year from script development to completion before they were released to the public for viewing. This one was no different in that sense when I began brainstorming ideas for it.

The ideas were many. I KNEW it was going to take time. Rewatching the old films got some ideas running, and there was one portion during one of them that opened up this script from a maybe to a need to get this written out.

I was surprised to find out how excited I was to get back into the production side of film making, again.

In the end, a lot of the same things I ran into back in like 2004 and 2005 began plaguing this project, just as had happened before. Broken computers, broken computer parts, screwed up software, hard drive failure, etc. starting popping up again, and again. The level of frustration was real! However, having dealt with that before, I could also look forward and think that those blockades were all things that could be bypassed with time.

Except, time was a blockade, itself, during this round. Not time as in, time to get things done. It was more as, time that had already passed. Though I had kept in moderate contact with most of the main character creators that appear in this script, as well as many of the old films from so long ago, the contact was just that: moderate. Time has passed. We had all grown up, grown into different lives, with different family obligations, and careers. Though there was initial excitement about getting this going (I was going to use them mostly to voice their old characters.) scheduling conflicts, which had been the reason behind the three years that episodes 11, 12, and 13 took to complete became an issue almost immediately. This time, though, the conflicts were more difficult to get around, because they dealt with jobs, with family time, with earnings, with bills to pay, as well as age and distance catching up to a few of us.

And that's ok. These were all very good people, and though I didn't want to move forward without having them on board, a lot of the characters could easily be voiced by different people, right?

Well... That is more difficult to explain, in that, I don't know if many readers would understand what I'm getting at in this:

Being a voice actor is a difficult thing to describe. Most people are going to be thinking that it's just funny voices while someone is reading. It's not. It is much more than that. It is acting in a pure sense, not unlike doing so on a theatre stage. ACTING is the main part of voice acting. It's not just reading. It's not just a funny voice. It's emotion, real, sometimes raw. The characters written into this story were all existing characters from another time. Those people behind the characters gave them life, gave them direction, and understood the choices that those characters made in the world setting of the game. There was personality to them, in other words, that the players behind them knew as their own creation. So, while it might be easy to put of a casting call for Vocal Artists to fill, in a lot of cases, it just wasn't going to sit right. The audience for this production was going to be very small. I can admit that. The audience for the last few films wasn't much, because people had already moved on to different games even back then. Anyone watching this now would have probably watched what was before, and would have gotten to know, if they didn't know, personally, the players that were scripted to show in this production. If this production had any hope of being accepted by the viewers, the character interaction was going to have be genuine to what was before. As a voice actor myself, I know, full well, that you can do impressions. You can copy a character, and voice match as much as you want, but there is a realism that comes from an existing personality that is usually very difficult to meet spot on.

People would know Tyrant Flame. People would know Dark Shadow. People would know ADE, Pink Passion, Tycho, James, Lightning, SNK, either from films, from in game play, or from something as trivial as their behavior on message boards, like PSO world. They would know what to expect, and having someone else come in to portray them, though possible, probably wasn't going to cut it.

Over a matter of just a few weeks, the budget for this production went from high to nil. I can blame that on certain investments not panning out. Even if they had, though, I don't know if the budget for a true animated piece of.. work would have ever been met. After all, it wasn't just animation that the budget was intended for. It was voice overs, and round table meetings for rehearsals before any true recording began. While it probably sounds like a lot of fun for all of those old players to get together on skype or something to chat and rehearse this, we have to remember that the cast was also located in different places around the globe, and scheduling a time for us to meet up regularly, even IF they were going to do so for free, with family, jobs, and their adult lives to dent to, was not likely.

I would really love to see something more come out of this. I just don't see everyone happily coming together for it for free. Even if they did, without an animation team, it would end up being an audio book, anyway. Of course, that might mean more people would listen to it than watch.

Hysteria1987
Aug 2, 2020, 10:13 PM
Yet here I am. This place is pretty quiet, not that I was expecting Times Square or anything. How's things Tian?Figured I'd stick my head in here to see what's going on, and I find you replied to me 10 minutes after I posted - and here I am 2 years later :-P All is good here, hope it's well for you too. Still playing the game here and there, I've written a few quests lately that use random enemy spawns, which I'm quite happy about.

And as always, still spying on old threads :-P Hope your project is able to get past its issues, Adam...

RadiantLegend
Aug 4, 2020, 07:01 AM
Were you able to get in touch with 09?

trypticon
Aug 10, 2020, 08:39 PM
I mailed Henry a few times, and never got a response from him. He and Sharkyland proved to be unreachable.

metatime
Nov 3, 2020, 11:38 PM
I mailed Henry a few times, and never got a response from him. He and Sharkyland proved to be unreachable.

Hey trypticon, glad to see you're still active, sorry I didn't see this until now. I don't really visit this site often especially the forums. I do peek here to see if I get any PMs or anything but again fairly rarely, I mainly go to reddit and gamefaqs. Glad to see so many of the OGs still active XD lol.

I tried reaching out to Sharky multiple times but I think he fully blackout from anything, even his personal site isn't there anymore. Wish he was still around. Surprise this got to 8 pages, I'll have to go back and read them!

Are you playing PSO2 GL Adam? I wonder how many of our OG friends here are playing PSO2 GL? I'm on ship 3 with the same name.

My subreddit userid is metatime09 if you're interested in contacting me there or anyone else from long ago! I don't know if you guys remember Whiteout but he is playing on ship 3 and had a good long talk and got caught up there.

Edit: Just to clarify I'll visit here a bit more here too since I see a few of our friends are still here = D

sCI
Nov 9, 2020, 11:45 PM
Man I couldn't post for a long long time, I doubt I knew anyone here since I never played online. I'd really like to pick up PSO2 someday.

OP, keep up this thread, the idea and story is very cool.

S N K
Aug 26, 2021, 03:44 AM
Bump. Just checking in.~

Mystil
Dec 9, 2021, 03:37 PM
I'd be like.. uber happy if Destiny was still around, she was among the first of PSO's few lv200 FOnes. Probably wouldn't remember me though. She was the one that inspired me to be a FOne in the first place.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 2, 2022, 01:52 PM
The level 200 RAcast that would be sitting in lobbies chatting up with other hunters? Man, that brings back so much nostalgia. :3

Ranmaru
Apr 9, 2022, 12:31 AM
I'm playing PSO again. Feels great. Started fresh of course.

Don Mania
Sep 7, 2022, 06:10 AM
I just started on a few public servers aswell again. Ephina and Ultima.

Meeting old people I have played with over twenty years ago would be awesome.
But I just can not remember their names. There have been many hunter licenses in my pocket.. but that is so long ago..

My most common names were:

Don Mania
Drimascus
Wotan
Maru Maximus

I can not think of more names right no.. lol even my own character names are hard to come up with.

I played so many hours on the Dreamcast. And restarted on the GameCube for many countless hours more.

SephirothXer0
Sep 14, 2022, 03:00 PM
Just started again myself, on Ephinea. I only ever played offline on DC and GC, this is really my first time online. So I didn't play with anyone here, but I spent a lot of time here on the forum and participated in a few art contests many years ago.

Squeezit
Oct 3, 2022, 06:08 AM

Cypher
ADE
Photon Drop
KIREEK
Tycho

I knew Kireek. Sadly haven't spoken to him in years.
I knew Cypher but can't remember anything Past the name and that it used to be someone I played with a lot.

kevlar_pso
Apr 24, 2023, 04:11 PM
Trypticon, I think I still have you on my guild card list for C mode. Haha
Best of luck on your years long project.
😁

trypticon
Jun 1, 2023, 10:20 PM
Better late than never for a reply, right?
I still have the script for this, just waiting for the actors to become available. Surely they will be, some day?

In the meantime, I've been working on a number of other creative projects, including a detective game that was finished recently.

Mechoshira
Jun 3, 2023, 09:51 AM
Better late than never for a reply, right?
I still have the script for this, just waiting for the actors to become available. Surely they will be, some day?

In the meantime, I've been working on a number of other creative projects, including a detective game that was finished recently.

Sounds fun! I'm guessing it will be released on Steam?