PDA

View Full Version : pso2.exe stopped working

IsamiOni
Apr 2, 2018, 11:45 AM
I've returned to PSO2 in July around time when Hero class update gone live.
I had no problems playing PSO2 untill update on March 22nd. Since that day this issue appeared:
I can ALWAYS perform this chain of actions without problems:
Run game => Log-in => Choose character => Load into lobby/shop area [since it's one location I can freely run between those 2 parts]

What happens next divided in two parts:
-Trying to change block or go to My Room/Team Room/Campship/Franca's Cafe/Casion [to put it easy perform any action that requires loading screen to appear] => pso2.exe stopped working.

or

-Trying to do anything listed above => I get into destined location and game won't crash on current session no matter how long it will last [be it 1 minute or 24 hours]

As soon as I exit game the issue might occur or not occur upon next launch [for example on weekends I had no issues at all on both 24.03/25.03 and 31.03/01.04].

What I've tried during those [almost] 2 weeks:
1 ) Check missing/deleted files
2 ) Check old/missing files
3 ) Run windowed/full-screen/virtual full-screen modes as well as change resolution
4 ) Running from Official Launcher
5 ) Fixing Gameguard
6 ) Fixing exes and all possible permissions
7 ) Deleting user.pso2 and whole SEGA folder
8 ) Deleting pso2.exe -> downloading via official launcher => setting file permissions manually [in case tweaker did it wrong]
9 ) Adding pso2.exe and PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder to WinFirewall and WinDefender Exceptions
10) Turning off both Firewall and Defender
11) Performing Windows Clean Boot
12) Deleting Phantasy Star Online 2 completely from PC => re-downloading Client and updating from scratch

For the last 2 weeks I haven't installed anything as well as haven't visited any new website. PC and all other games work same smooth as before March 22nd.

Anybody got any idea how to fix that? :D
I'm out of ideas except trying to install fresh windows and going through long PSO2 installation process for the 3rd time.

None of my in-game friends ever had that issue before or now.

RACALUD
Apr 5, 2018, 06:20 PM
I have a similar problem, but I get stuck after I've chosen the character and I'm going to connect to the block, i've tried the same solutions but nothing ...i think is a problem with the video card

IsamiOni
Apr 7, 2018, 12:35 PM
So far as I've read in Japanese community discussions they say it's problem with GameGuard.
[first entry on that issue was around 2014 and latest one I've found was 25th of March 2018]
They say if nPro doesn't receive data from game server - it crashes [only Xiao knows why it started just now...not half a year ago or few days after I started playing].

The only solution I've found for now is not exiting PSO2 after successful connection till the last EQ I was planning to attend.

RACALUD
Apr 7, 2018, 06:03 PM
the crazy thing is that the problem gives me random .... to understand if 10 times I connect 7 crashes and 2 no

Kiboune
Apr 8, 2018, 10:51 AM
I have a similar problem, but I get stuck after I've chosen the character and I'm going to connect to the block, i've tried the same solutions but nothing ...i think is a problem with the video card

Same problem. Last time i had it, it was because of Windows 10 updates in background, but now nothing helps...

Akiro
Apr 10, 2018, 04:52 PM
Currently experiencing the same issue after a 3 month absence from the game. Can't get past the Character Selection, the game crashes every time without fail while loading into the lobby. I've tried every available Tweaker option, did a filecheck through the original game launcher, reinstalled the game several times, deleted my SEGA documents folder and finally upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 just to rule out any OS compatibility issues. I'm honestly at a complete loss here.