PDA

View Full Version : Text Size Stopped Working in PSO2

the_importer_
May 18, 2018, 12:15 AM
When playing in fullscreen in 1920 x 1080, you can configured the text size (the entire hud) to be at 1.5, which is way easier for people playing on a TV like myself. After the game crashed today, that feature stopped working. I fiddled around with the settings, tried the official launcher, reset the settings, but nothing seems to be working.

Besides uninstalling and reinstalling the game, any ideas of how I can fix this?

Anduril
May 18, 2018, 02:03 AM
Try deleting the user.pso2 file located in "Documents/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2" (the same location where screenshots are saved). Odds are it got corrupted and isn't allowing proper read/write of the settings. Also, this is one of the files that doesn't get deleted when you uninstall, so a full re-installation would not help if it is the problem.

the_importer_
May 18, 2018, 06:54 AM
Try deleting the user.pso2 file located in "Documents/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2" (the same location where screenshots are saved). Odds are it got corrupted and isn't allowing proper read/write of the settings. Also, this is one of the files that doesn't get deleted when you uninstall, so a full re-installation would not help if it is the problem.

I already tried renaming it and start from scratch, didn't change anything :(

the_importer_
May 18, 2018, 08:31 PM
Well I uninstalled and reinstalled, everything was fixed. I Logged off, went into the settings using the tweaker to make the textures better, and the problem happened again, fuck!!

EDIT: It's a bug with the Tweaker. As soon as you hit Save in the settings (regardless of any changes or not), it does something in the user.pso2 file (besides removing a lot of commas):

Before:

Screen = {
InterfaceSize = 2,
MaxScale = 1,
PreferredScale = 1,
ReferenceResolution = {
Y = 720,
X = 1280,

After:

Screen = {
InterfaceSize = 2,
MaxScale = 1,
PreferredScale = 1,
ReferenceResolution = {
Y = 1080,
X = 1920

Putting these back manually or resetting the PSO2 settings via the official launcher will fix the issue until you hit save inside the settings via the Tweaker again.