PDA

View Full Version : How many anime/manga fan here?

Dhylec
May 1, 2003, 11:03 AM
just for fun.. post if ur into anime or manga.. ^_^
i've seen quite some anime & manga..
but lately, gcpso takes most of my time after school.. ^_^;

FinalMasterM
May 1, 2003, 02:27 PM
What is Anime/Manga?!

Ness
May 1, 2003, 03:36 PM
I love it!

Nawms
May 1, 2003, 04:26 PM
On 2003-05-01 12:27, FinalMasterM wrote:
What is Anime/Manga?!

hmmmm very funny.

Getting back on topic, I've seen a good bit of anime, but my favorite would have to be... get ready for this: GTO. You can kinda tell from my title, and my sig if you've seen that lesson. It's hilarious.
I am the only person who likes it though. Geez! I have seen all the "lessons" and read most of the manga, and it's still number 1 on my list.

LamerPanda
May 1, 2003, 05:45 PM
*wave*

I need to catch GTO someday. So poor~ x_x

Sahaqiel
May 1, 2003, 05:46 PM
I love anime and manga. Though i'm more into anime that manga, there both good.

Deathscythealpha
May 1, 2003, 06:32 PM
Another anime/manga fan here. I tend to cheack out most of the anime that comes out here in the uk, which isnt much, but ive watched quite a few.
Evangelion has to be my favourite series, i even liked the wierd trippy ending over the movies ending. Im also into Gundam, but i havent watched it in a while, Cartoon Network over here has changed to CNX and seems to be refusing to get any of the other Gundam series for some reason. Im hoping to cheack out Excel Saga and Noir next month as there finally being released on DVD over here.

Manga wise ive only reallys tuck with what ive known, Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and Gundam. If youve watched the Evangelion series you must go read the manga, its so much darker then the series and doesnt go off on any of those wierd 'fan service' episodes (alot more people die aswell). Im tempted to buy GTO from my local Anime/Manga store, im not to sure though.

Deathscythealpha
May 1, 2003, 06:34 PM
Bah, double post. I must love anime and manga that much!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2003-05-01 16:41 ]</font>

Nawms
May 1, 2003, 06:45 PM
Evengalion and Gundam are not really what I'm partial toward, though I love Cowboy Bebop (and its music; have all cds. Yoko Kanno rocks).

I did catch Betterman on TechTV one day and I'm telling you. Be thankful for good anime.

Rork
May 1, 2003, 06:50 PM
I'm an anime hater.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rork on 2003-05-01 16:52 ]</font>

Foggy_Pete
May 1, 2003, 07:03 PM
anouther anime/manga fan here -_- why is it anime and videogames seem to go together?

FinalMasterM
May 1, 2003, 07:22 PM
No, really, I love Anime/Manga. I'm saving up each paycheck and buying a DVD and a couple of mangas when they come out. Waiting for the last Love Hina Mangas to hit the stores then I'm gonna import/or buy Fruits Basket.

raiden999
May 1, 2003, 07:54 PM
I guess I can raise my hand too.

hucasts_rock
May 1, 2003, 08:16 PM
yes, I am too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

BlackRose
May 1, 2003, 10:20 PM
I like some anime, yes... I don't think of them different from any other movie or series, though.

OracleDDX
May 1, 2003, 11:04 PM
Oooh, me I already pre ordered Cowboy Bebop the Movie and now I'm geting all of Excel Saga and Hyper Police DVDs.

Plus im drawing a comic as i wasn't speaking about 5 mins ago. It's going pretty good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Anime & Manga Rules!!

NekoHikari
May 2, 2003, 02:19 AM
Anyone who doesn't like Anime should do two things-

1.Watch Cowboy Bebop.
2.Watch Berserk.

And while there are many, MANY more examples of good Anime, these two seem to have the most impression on even the most shallow of people.

FreakinRican
May 2, 2003, 08:06 AM
I love teh anime. Anime and gamers go together extremly well for some reason. I'm pretty hardcore when it comes to gaming too~

Captain_Dude
May 2, 2003, 08:26 AM
I enjoy anime... I try and draw manga... not great, due to my perfectionism... But hey, one day you may see my sick stories in manga form...

Nawms
May 2, 2003, 09:47 AM
Doesn't it seem weird that we like it so much,
but have no relation to it. I mean,
I was sure not born in Japan. I'm not Japanese
and don't closely know anyone that is.

And what makes us like. I dunno, but
thats not gonna stop me from watching it!

Anime rocks

Dhylec
May 2, 2003, 09:59 AM
heh we have quite some fans here..
i guess it's no biggie for anime/manga fans to play games & still enjoy some eps & chapters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Strider_Gren
May 3, 2003, 10:16 PM
Not surprising that with it's art style, PSO attracted many Anime & Manga fans,myself included.

SorceressofTime
May 3, 2003, 10:41 PM
this thread is going to go for a few more pages O.o there are many anime and manga fans here - like me! ^_________________^

Dhylec
May 5, 2003, 09:46 PM
speaking of art.. i can draw..
but too bad i dont have the time or skill to cg color http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kemon
May 6, 2003, 10:20 AM
weeeeeee cowboy bebop!

DarkAngel941
May 9, 2003, 12:09 AM
another fan here. i especially like the anime that manga does. don't know how many other people do but Ninja Scroll is just so kick a$$. Note i said Ninja Scroll, not Ninja Resurection. that sucked very much. guess that's what happens when manga makes a good anime and some other company tries to make a sequal.

Jace_100
May 9, 2003, 02:15 AM
I like Anime, I watch a large spectrum of it. I like alot of anime my current favorites how ever are Boys Be, Kare no Kano, Fruits Basket, Gundam Seed, Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone complex and Colorfull.

I really have to plug Colorfull, its is so exceptionally funny! The back of the dvd proclaims "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, This anime is about Panties" with an ad campaign like that you just have to buy it. The series is all on one dvd, it is made up of a bunch of 7 minute episodes that are all different. The story is about 2 guys who enjoy looking at panties and the adventures they go through looking at panties...so good