PDA

View Full Version : What do you want EP6 to get right?

Pages : 1 [2]

Anduril
Apr 3, 2019, 07:18 PM
3 already implemented

5 i dont understand it

6 already implemented

3. As far as I know, you cannot filter specifically for 13*+ with party notifications; if you have party rare notifications on, it will give a notification for any 7*+ item being picked up. (Mind, I've had party rare notifications off since the moment they gave us the option, so I'm not sure if they have changed it since.)

5. What's not to understand? There are some units that do look really good, but have bad stats, so it would be nice to be able to make your current units look like them with a Form Change. I would love to be able to skin my CAST's units to be the Dista series.

6. We don't really have a "finishing move" for AIS using its sword (a la the Ares Espada SUV (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es5U9BHJiq8)), just its cannon.

Tyreek
Apr 3, 2019, 07:59 PM
Let me piggyback off of that with this easy request: Give an autoword for rainbow drops. They went through the effort to make a rainbow drop lobby action. Why not?

Loyd Azakuya
Apr 3, 2019, 08:19 PM
One thing that I would like would be a Shiftaride / Debanride Lovers ring

XrosBlader821
Apr 4, 2019, 02:19 AM
3. As far as I know, you cannot filter specifically for 13*+ with party notifications; if you have party rare notifications on, it will give a notification for any 7*+ item being picked up. (Mind, I've had party rare notifications off since the moment they gave us the option, so I'm not sure if they have changed it since.)

Yeah but most people also have "auto pick up 13*+ weapons" activated so when the red box breaks you see the identified and unidentified 13* weapons be listed before anyone even can start picking up 7~12* junk..

Anduril
Apr 4, 2019, 02:29 AM
Yeah but most people also have "auto pick up 13*+ weapons" activated so when the red box breaks you see the identified and unidentified 13* weapons be listed before anyone even can start picking up 7~12* junk..

Ah, that is true, but for those who do have those notifications on (which I honestly don't understand the reason for; no criticism to those who do have them on, but I just don't see the point), it would still be nice to have the option to filter tiers, at least to make it 10*+ like we get for the Rare Drop graphic pop-up, for situations where lower rarity things are picked up regularly, like Limited Quests that drop Badges during the mission rather than at a crystal or clear reward.

Dark Mits
Apr 4, 2019, 03:33 AM
Ah, that is true, but for those who do have those notifications on (which I honestly don't understand the reason for; no criticism to those who do have them on, but I just don't see the point), it would still be nice to have the option to filter tiers, at least to make it 10*+ like we get for the Rare Drop graphic pop-up, for situations where lower rarity things are picked up regularly, like Limited Quests that drop Badges during the mission rather than at a crystal or clear reward.I have it on because I'd like to know what everyone else gets. It's a remnant from old(er) days of raiding in WoW.

1) I think I had mentioned in another thread; a feature I'd like implemented is for us to choose what rarity and above autopick up would work, or to allow items to be picked up like meseta (without having to press E or trigger) With items going directly to the bank if inventory is full, it would help in cases where we have to stop to manually send items to the bank so that we can resume picking up.

2) Maybe a way to make Weapon Camos work like accessories, as tickets? It would free up around 250 inventory space for me (and I guess a lot more for others)

3) Allow Telepipe to be used by anyone in the area and not just the specific group that dropped it. Retain Photon Blast and Dark Blast gauge progress when visiting Campship. Maybe give us an incentive to teleport back and forth as well except for just Halfdoll reuse? For example a +5 to all stats for 3mins when exiting from campship?

4) Increase frequency rate of Parallel Areas! I need moar disks!

5) More COs that are not "Kill X of this type of enemy" or "Collect X", or "Complete X". COs like those of Lubert or Io. More weather COs. Team COs that require to kill something in a party with team members.

6) Reorganization of blocks and more aggressive grouping / block switching from the game. Starting a Free Field / ARKS Quest on a difficulty should automatically transfer player/party to the first available "correct" block. So starting Daily Featured Quest on SH should automatically move player to B-006 (if it has room, otherwise to B-007, otherwise to B-008 etc). Disclaimer: I know that this is impossible due to technical reasons in the way blocks work.

7) Allow us to access Character Inventory of other characters. Basically allow us to treat our other characters like attics.

8 ) Level 18 Disks and allow rings to be grinded to lvl25? Just to piss everyone off who bought disks with Excubes and who completed their unit sets :D

TheFanaticViper
Apr 4, 2019, 05:03 AM
7) Allow us to access Character Inventory of other characters. Basically allow us to treat our other characters like attics.
I want this so bad, it's so annoying to switch between char just to organize inventories.

But my number one wish : the ability to swap skill rings between units (exactly like SSA)

NightlightPro
Apr 4, 2019, 07:58 AM
they seriously need to revive CQ, it used to be fun back then but it's dead now.
instead of updating useless BA content, why not just add new CQ maps with updated shop maybe?

silo1991
Apr 4, 2019, 09:57 AM

5. What's not to understand? There are some units that do look really good, but have bad stats, so it would be nice to be able to make your current units look like them with a Form Change. I would love to be able to skin my CAST's units to be the Dista series.

6. We don't really have a "finishing move" for AIS using its sword (a la the Ares Espada SUV (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es5U9BHJiq8)), just its cannon.

i swear i didnt saw the unit change pass , the one i didnt understood was the ares espada and yeah that would be cool for AIS

dont blame me for not play PSU or any related game :(

XrosBlader821
Apr 4, 2019, 10:03 AM
they seriously need to revive CQ, it used to be fun back then but it's dead now.
instead of updating useless BA content, why not just add new CQ maps with updated shop maybe?

Yes they have to. I find it so bizarre that they wouldn't touch it anymore.

Stormwalker
Apr 4, 2019, 12:10 PM
Would love to see a revival of Challenge. It was a blast.

Though I wish they'd let each player pick one weapon and one PA from a list (maybe a limited list, so everyone doesn't take katana/gurren), or even let the leader assign each player a starting weapon and PA, just to get rid of the "we got no weapons with matching PA's" forced restart.

Or even just rig the first box to always yield PA's matched to the weapons it drops!

Beyond that, I'd like to see more 1-4 player content. XHAQ's would be easy for them to do. I like Endless Quest a lot, but they really need to balance the stages better.. getting certain stages just torches a run (looking at you, Deadleon and Anga!), especially in solo and duo.

I sure hope the AIS Vega is less clunky than the regular one.

XrosBlader821
Apr 4, 2019, 03:43 PM
This should be account wide, not per character.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/559792091903950849/563463419806875649/unknown.png

Stormwalker
Apr 4, 2019, 08:10 PM
This should be account wide, not per character.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/559792091903950849/563463419806875649/unknown.png

Yes, please!

ArcaneTechs
Apr 5, 2019, 12:37 AM
the most niche thing I want for Ep6 is a Nintendo Switch Cartridge so I don't have to buy a dead handheld so i can play pso2 not on my desktop because cloud version is so shit outside Japan lol

oh and again, fix BO thanks oh and new Technics that arent T0 (and if they are T0 do it to the ones that suck and no one uses so they dont suck and people do use them)

SteveCZ
Apr 5, 2019, 01:09 AM
I want the ability to switch between characters instantly on the lobby using chat command for QoL.

Too much to ask, though. :lol:

XrosBlader821
Apr 5, 2019, 11:23 AM
I assume that the "new pa system" they teased on the roadmap is the ability to use T0 and non-T0 PA at the same time so i could see them finally taking more care balancing those old versions. Buuuuuuut I'd appreciate a few new T0 techs and PA.

Will_2_Power
Apr 8, 2019, 11:20 PM
I would like them to fix the type and pricing of items in the "Buy with Meseta" option in the Treasure Shop to make it more relevant.

Like seriously, who's gonna buy a Rogbelt Trigger for 6 million bones...

Tunga
Apr 8, 2019, 11:58 PM
oh and again, fix BO thanks

I always saw Bouncer had some good potential to be a class focusing on criticals next to Fighter. Replacing break with a critical stance, giving crit field a 5% or so party wide+self damage buff to criticals and making element stance a passive damage bonus instead (lets say 5%)so shoes could make use of the element switching mechanic while not punishing blades much. But then Fibo would be another monster entirely and brbo wouldnt be a meme :lol: :lol: :lol:

mother clusterfck
Apr 9, 2019, 02:28 AM
Most important right now is letting us turn off that bs e-trial message vlocking the entire screen for several seconds, especially in eqs with many trials like mobbing eqs (fixed spawns or random trials makes no difference) this makes it hard to see anything at all and I realyl don't enjoy spamming buttons without even seeing what happens.

TBH Sega needs to desperately dial down Forest / Cave / Coast exploration. Before it was SH only and pointless. Now it's exactly like Enchanted Forest and and a waste of time and boosters unless you got a decently sized mpa, just not cause every mobs is a giant hp sponge (unless it's a lvl 85 code where mobs can have 1mil+ hp for the same drops as lvl 80) but in Forest / Cave / Coast you got absurdly common boss codes, only few of which are going to be area boss (also annoying at lvl 85 with the same drops as lvl 80 but like 5 times the hp) but most are Apostolo, etc. which have absurdly high damage and hp and are a chore to fight alone.

Normal explorations should be chill and fun solo, as alternative to multiplayer content and especially eqs, but sega turned them into yet another flavor of the week content that is only fun with a full mpa but dead a month after release.

So yeah, I want regular lvl 80 explorations for all areas restricted to only the same bosses we get in SH so we can solo it without making a huge effort to get some trash at best.

Also, we need an autopick up option for 10-11* weapons so we don't have to manually pick up every goddamn cube, takes forever. And I just spent 4 stacks of cubes to get two 7s units with Stamina V / Spirita V, not even bothering with any of the real rng affixes so we can never have enough cubes.

Quick response to the truly absurd request for better ai, think it through for once, just don't repeat what people say on every rpg related forum on the internet.
Rpgs are not about enemy ai, they are about patterns, you get better by learning the patterns, especially in online rpgs. Mobs already can have a million hp at lvl 85 and if they had "good ai" we would see crap like Luda Sorcer teleporting every single time you get into melee range so melee classes have to shoot them with gunslashes.
Real ai might work in godeater or other games where every single enemy has a huge hp pool and is like a full boss but in pso2 you kill dozens of mobs in a minute and everything dodging and interrupting you all the time would suck all the fun out of the game, even bosses without proper patterns like Mother or Deus are goddamn annoying cause they arbitrarily close their weakspot and you waste your burst or you use too few bursts in a boss fight cause you are worried you will waste them. Nothing but unnecessary frustration when you can have good boss design like Persona instead with well defined patterns where you don't get trolled all the time.

Also, everyone whining about healing being op, compare PSO2 to other online rpgs. Mobs and bosses hit a lot harder in PSO2 than in most other online rpgs and that's why healing is easy.
And honestly if you add a cd or something crap it would be a disaster and break the entire game like every single other rpg with a cd on healing. There is not a single one of those where you can constantly avoid situations where you have to heal quickly in succession.

I want a new support class. It'd be cool to have a full support ??/Te with shit damage, but makes everyone around powerful enough to compensate for it. Like give it a main class only passive HOT to nearby players and a 20% damage boost skill, then spend your time throwing out Zanverse and healing. Also give him special super powerful CCs to hold anything not Magatsu sized for 5 seconds on a cool down.
Shifta is 8-9% atk raise, Te main has 10% dmg up from shifta strike and Zanverse is 20% extra damage.
Te is already great support, it simply can double up as melee class.
During Persona I can do some neat damage myself if I just do Zanverse > normal > normal with Lavis, I keep up constant Zanverse and I don't run out of pp cause of the two normals recovering pp.
If te needs anything thing it's to fix the bs first hit of wand, the dumbass at the start turn slows you down so much it gives fast enemies a chance to interrupt you easily, all cause of pointless aesthetics.

I'd rather see the entire crafting system get sent to hell. From the very start having equipment crafting be just slapping 100% predetermined stats onto a piece of equipment was a lazy and stupid idea that added nothing of value to the game other than wasting extra time, money and brain capacity. Timed abilities are just bizarre as a concept, and in practice everyone ends up going with maximum ATK and lv5 RDR boost for whatever area is relevant at the time. Tech customization could have been done in a different way completely, without RNG bs or predetermined recipes. PA customization (the actual process of customization, not its results) is also lazy - it's basically a glorified on/off switch (still better than being at mercy of RNG, though).
Agreed, though not sure what you mean with PA customization. Sounds like sega may give us the T0 crafts as extra pas / techs soon.

Crafting would be fun if it was meaningful customization but atm it's just getting some weak gear up to standard. And timed abilities are pure bs atm, not just all the rng involved but that you get one buff for one specific area or at best one planet.
Instead, we need potentials for units. Stuff like all res + 5% or hp + 50 or immunity to shock. SSA for units would also be nice, current ones or new defensive ones.

off-topic from current talks but... how about at least 8/12 PB chain for 200%-300% RDR for a few minutes... c:
Should be good to make people want to have a team more than before, which is also what SEGA seems to be pushing constantly.

I honestly miss PB chain, one of the coolest thing to do in the past.
I wouldn't mind a pb chain for a bigass shifta / deband buff. Then again, with all the rampant autism even in expert getting people to join your pb even if they have it ready or god forbid announce how full their pb gauge is and coordinate the release sounds rather impossible.
In PSO1 it was a max of 4 players so it was rare people would not respond to you, at the very least they would tell you they don't speak your language but in PSO2 most of the randoms won't react to anything whatsoever. Really makes me wonder how the hell I managed to get >10 people on my friend list just from partying up for party triboost.

I'd rather have them expand the current support classes. Bo is currently suffering from the same problem Te did prior to Shifta Strike/Deband Toughness
The Crit Fields and PP Restoration fields are very weak and forgettable.
Te needs something that makes Normal Attack and Tech gameplay better and Ranger still has no reason to care about any bullet type except Weak Bullet
Bo should be able to cast sd that lasts 2 minutes with a skill, not only with the Atlas S4. That way it would make more sense to buff with bo. PP restoration is useful for bo, though. Albeit not very for most other classes.

remove star gems, make star gem content use gross amounts of FUN instead

remove the gatchas and implement an outfit cataloge for outfit/accessory direct-purchase, include old outfits and accessories too

make everything tradeable

make AC tradeable.

there would need to be a lot more other changes in order to keep whales spending on AC, but im not really going to put much more thought into this
Yeah, no that would break the game on so many lvls, starting with the servers shutting down cause people would buy FAR less AC since getting the gatcha you want is super easy now. Whales are paying for this game and if they pay less cause they easily get everything they want.
Ontop of that the market will become a pure buyers market all the time cause nothing is really rare anymore, anything being expensive will quickly get cheap cause people will buy it with ac until all gacha content has the same price, so people will spend a lot less AC to make meseta as well.
As for getting rid of sg, for starters getting FUN is limited, I rather have a ton of SG and a ton of FUN instead of only the same amount of FUN but to get 3 eq triggers I have to use most of it since they costs so much.

>Revive race differences somehow. Also, replace the cutscene heavy story with story that happens as you play the game.
That's another game. You want to play another game.
Amen.
The point of PSO2 is that race and gender is almost entirely cosmetic now and no longer a huge difference like in PSO1.

Hmm, for Hero, how about 1.2x dmg boost for next PA after Hero PA weapon switch? Call it PA Switch Bonus.
or... auto shifta/deband upon PA switch.

c:
Sounds very nice, I love hero but once you get good with it you stop switching a lot. Each situation has one best option and that's it, switching weapons only happens when the situation changes or you refill pp, at most once in a while to raise gear but it's not like what hero should be (and is most fun), frequently using the conversion pas to fluidly switch weapons a lot.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 9, 2019, 03:26 AM
post so long that i didnt read all of it but I can say this about the only XH fields atm (since Sega said in Dengeki that UH is for new fields only), scaling based on how many players would have been nice. I myself don't necessarily struggle at all with XH fields but they become super SUPER SUPER boring with how much HP everything has including Lv85 bosses which can take awhile to kill, theyre not hard but its just boring. Scaling should honestly be implemented just in general for at least idk casual players? or something but at the same time I don't feel its needed (contradictory I know but I don't find the content personally too struggling to get through, just tedious). I agree too that it was flavor of the month and theres just no point to it right now, its dead too lol

Also, I don't think anyone should be struggling on XH Enchanted Field, they don't have nearly as much HP as the trio XH fields have and things still die pretty quickly. Iunno I never struggled with the field back on release nor do I now, I just wish it wasn't dead because some good SSA's drop there and I refuse to pay super high end prices for them.

Never heard anyone whine about healing being OP, unless theyre referring to Atra's S4 Vamp healing being op but even with that, quests have managed to cut that in half which still forces the player to play a bit more careful than they would at 30HP vs 15HP on recov. Even with 30HP recovs people still struggle for some reason.

Poyonche
Apr 9, 2019, 05:05 AM
I just want to be able to leave a party without abandoning the quest.

Exemple : I was doing the LQ with some random people I joined for that juicy party bonus. I got bored of the quest after ~45 minutes, I wanted to go to the end but the people I was with looked like they wanted to continue running the quest.
So I had to leave the party, and thus the quest, and say good bye to that Dark Blast exp. _(:3
Yeah I still haven't maxed all blasts don't judge me pls

Also, regarding SU, I want my pets to be able to go through that stupid defense barrier in BQ. My pets aren't demons nor Darkers, SEGA.

Dark Mits
Apr 9, 2019, 05:48 AM
I liked this huge post, so I will go full armchair developer and reply :D

Most important right now is letting us turn off that bs e-trial message...Both yes and no. I feel that ECs are supposed to be pace breakers that exist to spice up content. Maybe Sega should have mini-EC style that is like a short message at the edge of the screen for stuff like kill 12 enemies, gather items, put the Lilipa in orbit etc, and the current one for EC of the Duel type.

TBH Sega needs to desperately dial down Forest / Cave / Coast exploration...I think XH areas are ok difficulty-wise. Don't forget that they are 12man content. 4man content is "designed" for solo and up to 4 members. The fact that we have been soloing 12man content so far wasn't because it was intended, but because we were simply too OP and Sega didn't bother to change that. Plus, we will have power creep again in the near future.

Also, we need an autopick up option for 10-11* weapons...yes plz

Quick response to the truly absurd request for better ai, think it through for once, just don't repeat what people say on every rpg related forum on the internet...I agree entirely. PvE content in non-single player games should not be about reflexes, but about equipment + player strategy. Which means that I support the idea of advanced enemy AI for solo Persona, solo PD etc.

Also, everyone whining about healing being op...Enemy damage is OP because healing is OP, not the opposite. If charged Resta needed 20 ticks to get you to full, -mates were not percentage based (or at such high percentage), lifesteal in single digit numbers per hit etc., enemies wouldn't need to be hitting you for values higher than your max hp to pose a threat. Not only that, but it would open up new tactics on how to approach content (do I evade to avoid damage which also means lowering my dps, or do I facetank to kill quickly and then recuperate after the battle? Do I heal in huge chunks when my hp drops to 30% or do I perform small heals every time I get to 80%? When is the best opportunity to time my healing actions for this boss fight? etc)

Also, Sega has realized that because of the current OP healing, enemy damage is no longer enough to deter us from trying to facetank. So because instakilling is too "unfair", they have made it so that nearly every single enemy hit is an interrupt or knockdown.

Crafting would be fun if...I think this is a general issue for every RPG. You can't have an item enhancement that is meaningful, easy to take advantage of, and which isn't a passive stat buff. Though Sega did manage to make it very situational. And to the best of my knowledge, everyone is either after RDR bonus or EXP bonus and disregard the other bonuses. Maybe instead of having it restricted to planet location, they could have the condition be something like "Applies to mechs" and such.

I wouldn't mind a pb chain for a bigass shifta / deband buff...People don't care to coordinate for PB because PB's contribution is minimal and unreliable in content where enemies dies like flies or teleport around the room. Hell, even just standing still for 10 seconds charging it and waiting for everyone else to use theirs as well is a greater performance bane than not activating at all. The only time I remember people coordinating its use was right before Dark Vibrace in Bug Queen EQ. If Sega changed PB damage to increase geometrically with how many players participate, then you'd see more people try to coordinate.

FUN and SG...Agreed. At most I'd support the idea of having some "Super FUN Scratch" which costs 1000 per draw and is guaranteed to give one of the featured items of that day's Reward List.

Race differencesAlso agreed. In fact I'd support the idea of having some weapons/units equippable only by a certain race/gender, or having significant bonuses (for example a 14* equipment which deals +10% damage if equipped by Male Newman, or Phobos Rear having +5% Striking Resistance if equipped on Female Cast etc).

The only XH fields atm (since Sega said in Dengeki that UH is for new fields only), scaling based on how many players would have been nice.I think this already happens, it's just not pronounced enough. Going solo has less enemies spawn per "wave" than if you are with 3 NPCs, which is less than if you are 2 players, which is less than 2 players + 6 NPCs, which is less than 12 players.

nguuuquaaa
Apr 9, 2019, 05:55 AM
Can't they just make most if not all weapons/units tradeable?

ArcaneTechs
Apr 9, 2019, 12:37 PM
I still get lots of mobs as though i was in a 12man mpa which isnt a problem but idk if the bosses hp scaling is whats uneffected since they can take awhile. But if theres already scaling for XH fields then i guess its just a casual complaint??

XrosBlader821
Apr 9, 2019, 12:39 PM
Luda Sorcer teleporting every single time you get into melee range so melee classes have to shoot them with gunslashes.

???

Sir, are you stuck in EP2?

ArcaneTechs
Apr 9, 2019, 03:57 PM
???

Sir, are you stuck in EP2?

GRAN SORCERORS BRO
STRUGGLE IS REAL
FIX ENCHANTED FOREST SORCERORS AAHHHHH

Flaoc
Apr 9, 2019, 05:21 PM
GRAN SORCERORS BRO
STRUGGLE IS REAL
FIX ENCHANTED FOREST SORCERORS AAHHHHH

tbf their teleporting constantly is ridiculous and just wastes time.. not hard just stupid/annoying rather they always go for attacking at close range so i can counter them instead of muh teleport

ArcaneTechs
Apr 9, 2019, 07:08 PM
tbf their teleporting constantly is ridiculous and just wastes time.. not hard just stupid/annoying rather they always go for attacking at close range so i can counter them instead of muh teleport

if it means anything, i dont have a hard time fighting them as FI but I get ya, the AI can be ass sometimes

Suirano
Apr 9, 2019, 09:20 PM
One thing I liked that Sega has done was in Featured Quests and Buster Quests now, the difficulty is scaled on the amount of players. So the HP values and damage values were scaled to that value. In certain content that nobody does ( Ultimate ) when there is no campaign quest going on, it would allow people to farm by themselves or with 1 or 2 people during those dry spells in the game which happens and do it in a reasonable time ( unless they are just that bad ). I generally run around soloing 12 man content when I need something but the scaling could make it go faster. I know for sure, the HP scaling of lvl 80 and lvl 85 enemies is pretty huge and lvl 85 enemies in XH free field and UQ ( Anga ) can eat a bit of time.

Personal grumping here but still slightly miffed tho that the end room bosses in Free Field weren't lvl 85. I miss the old days of fighting them to their themes and it lasting a little bit and them not dying in 10 seconds.

Flatflyer
Apr 9, 2019, 10:11 PM
I think having HP scaling based on player count is perfectly fine, even if it doesn't scale exactly to the same average time to kill.

I definitely think it should still be the quickest to have a party of 12, but I think being able to go into content solo/with a party of 4 or less you should still be able to clear out mobs almost as quickly.

Flaoc
Apr 10, 2019, 12:41 AM
Personal grumping here but still slightly miffed tho that the end room bosses in Free Field weren't lvl 85. I miss the old days of fighting them to their themes and it lasting a little bit and them not dying in 10 seconds.

well xh rodos being lvl 80 instead of 85 is great since with 15* its much faster to do multiple char rodos with xh since way less traveling and no risk of trash map

Dark Mits
Apr 10, 2019, 01:41 AM
Counter-argument: If boss HP should scale according to number of players, then rewards should also scale accordingly. Solo clear should just give a moderate amount of meseta, the boss's meat for Franca, and CO completion status. No rares, no disks, nothing. The more players participating, and therefore the higher HP, the higher number, quality and rarity rewards.

Do not forget that because some content is soloable, it does not mean that soloing should be encouraged; it should be a lower-reward alternative. This is a multiplayer online game. Soloing should be allowed so that players can progress at a slower pace without having to adhere to a schedule of when everyone else is online. Soloing should not be the most efficient way to progress and be rewarded.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 10, 2019, 03:26 AM
Counter-argument: If boss HP should scale according to number of players, then rewards should also scale accordingly. Solo clear should just give a moderate amount of meseta, the boss's meat for Franca, and CO completion status. No rares, no disks, nothing. The more players participating, and therefore the higher HP, the higher number, quality and rarity rewards.

Do not forget that because some content is soloable, it does not mean that soloing should be encouraged; it should be a lower-reward alternative. This is a multiplayer online game. Soloing should be allowed so that players can progress at a slower pace without having to adhere to a schedule of when everyone else is online. Soloing should not be the most efficient way to progress and be rewarded.

I shouldnt have to be forced to play with others for maximum rewards, being able to clear the content solo fast or slow should allow the same amount of loot, leave the rates alone, so its actually rewarding. I don't view this from the casual point

Dark Mits
Apr 10, 2019, 05:22 AM
I shouldnt have to be forced to play with others for maximum rewards, being able to clear the content solo fast or slow should allow the same amount of loot, leave the rates alone, so its actually rewarding. I don't view this from the casual pointWhich I agree with. This is where non-scaling HP on bosses comes into play. More players means boss dies faster, less players means boss dies slower. The scaling of enemy numbers with number of players also serves this purpose: More enemies -> more exp/loot in the same time frame.

By the way, having 2 players in most Free Fields and ARKS Quests also doubles the numbers of bosses in the final arena, and also adds trash. So in effect, there is some HP scaling.

Sriracha X
Apr 10, 2019, 08:22 PM
If there is anything I really, really want, it would be the option to zoom out the camera more than what is allowed (and extend this to TPS-mode camera). I'm convinced the camera is one of the hardest things to fight in the game. I miss that old Arks Mod program because it would let you do just that.

Suirano
Apr 13, 2019, 05:44 AM
Which I agree with. This is where non-scaling HP on bosses comes into play. More players means boss dies faster, less players means boss dies slower. The scaling of enemy numbers with number of players also serves this purpose: More enemies -> more exp/loot in the same time frame.

By the way, having 2 players in most Free Fields and ARKS Quests also doubles the numbers of bosses in the final arena, and also adds trash. So in effect, there is some HP scaling.

The main thing I see a benefit with HP scaling is for players after something that isn't the current flavor of the week event. If there is something someone needs, say a Nemesis NT for Austere NT and there is no active event that drops it, they have to do Ultimate which can be difficult to do on your own basically potentially shafting you out of getting that weapon for the 15*.

Obviously for now, there are events happening but there has been many dry spells where people couldn't really get what they wanted because hardly anyone is running that content and its not certain that after "Road for Episode 6" what will happen with that ( I am sure UH will fix that knowing how things are tho ). For situations like that, I can see the scaling being useful. While yes, 12 players is faster, if you cannot get 12, it could add some benefit.

It is just a suggestion I had that I do not see Sega honestly implementing. People seem content with how things are handled with 12/12 field areas which is fine.

mother clusterfck
Apr 14, 2019, 12:52 AM
I liked this huge post, so I will go full armchair developer and reply :D
Both yes and no. I feel that ECs are supposed to be pace breakers that exist to spice up content. Maybe Sega should have mini-EC style that is like a short message at the edge of the screen for stuff like kill 12 enemies, gather items, put the Lilipa in orbit etc, and the current one for EC of the Duel type.
Just let us change it to look like the triboost has expired msg in the options. But considering how often I asked, even begged Sega to do this and they didn't comply but implement a bunch of other suggestions I made it's probably sega-spaghetti code and directly wired into the way e-trials work and they can't change it without a huge effort or some other kind of bs. Cause from a software developer point of view a change like this should be trivial and cost at most 1 man hour or such.

I think XH areas are ok difficulty-wise. Don't forget that they are 12man content. 4man content is "designed" for solo and up to 4 members. The fact that we have been soloing 12man content so far wasn't because it was intended, but because we were simply too OP and Sega didn't bother to change that. Plus, we will have power creep again in the near future.
Point is XH free fields have been dead since a couple of weeks after each got introduced and never has filled again since, supposedly the high Elzelion spawn rate was only temporary but it still spawns relatively often and Apostolo spawns all the goddamn time.
I often do a bit of the XH free fields to finish up my triboost if it won't last until the boss dies in an eq. and Almost every time I get an Apostollo or Elze spawn within 2-3 minutes. Solo with only 3 friend partners it's a big effort and takes a lot of time, not to mention those bosses troll a lot and aren't very fun to fight, especially not solo.
Considering we got XQs, AQs, BQs and EQs to make an effort for big rewards a casual fun quest which still has decently tough enemies and some kind of neat reward but which you can solo with just 3 friend partners is very important so you aren't always stuck with the quests that can get very annoying very quick, all of which have some kind of pressure that can be a real bother and if it's just having to get a good pse burst in AQs to get as many capsules back as you spent.
Many people get pissed off by eqs etc but there is just no alternative now, just when I thought free fields finally are gonna fill that role now they are all like Enchanted Forest and a real bother solo.

Enemy damage is OP because healing is OP, not the opposite. If charged Resta needed 20 ticks to get you to full, -mates were not percentage based (or at such high percentage), lifesteal in single digit numbers per hit etc., enemies wouldn't need to be hitting you for values higher than your max hp to pose a threat. Not only that, but it would open up new tactics on how to approach content (do I evade to avoid damage which also means lowering my dps, or do I facetank to kill quickly and then recuperate after the battle? Do I heal in huge chunks when my hp drops to 30% or do I perform small heals every time I get to 80%? When is the best opportunity to time my healing actions for this boss fight? etc)
TBH it's nice this way, a welcome change from most other online rpgs where damage is usually a lot lower and you have very limited healing that fails hard the moment you get into a sticky situation (usually it's a cd that ruins it)

Also, Sega has realized that because of the current OP healing, enemy damage is no longer enough to deter us from trying to facetank. So because instakilling is too "unfair", they have made it so that nearly every single enemy hit is an interrupt or knockdown.
Sadly a typical bs Sega reaction from not understanding game development properly.
Getting interrupted and especially knocked down is annoying and frustrating as hell and greatly reduces the fun of playing the game. There are plenty other ways to balance this out but Sega don't know cause I can't imagine adding knockdown to so many attacks is really easier than just raising enemy damage by an arbitrary number. In an interview two Sega people, one of them the ep 2 or 3 director) even said they think Luther and Magatsu are the best bosses, despite Luther getting really annoying with the bs teleport (never good for enemies) that happens if you do not to little but too much damage (plenty other ways to give a boss fight depth and strategy other than going against the logic of games of dealing lots of damage to the enemies) and they even acknowledged it shows that Magatsu was created by junior developers but still think he's one of the two best bosses despite the nonstop lagging and glitching.

People don't care to coordinate for PB because PB's contribution is minimal and unreliable in content where enemies dies like flies or teleport around the room. Hell, even just standing still for 10 seconds charging it and waiting for everyone else to use theirs as well is a greater performance bane than not activating at all. The only time I remember people coordinating its use was right before Dark Vibrace in Bug Queen EQ. If Sega changed PB damage to increase geometrically with how many players participate, then you'd see more people try to coordinate.[QUOTE]
Probably but jusging by how wide spread serious autism is among randoms I doubt it would be very useful without a premade group. The vast majority of randoms I meet can't even reply to "hello" or "lets do the boss now" even if they are Western or Japanese players and wether I speak English or Japanese.
You'd also think if you say something that a party member doesn't understand they'd at least manage something like "?" to show they didn't understand or tell you (in their own language at least) that they don't speak English but communication is basically impossible with most randoms even in expert.

[QUOTE=Kril;3460995]>run Enchanted Forest
>see TE
>they arent buffing
>theyre legit just wand smacking, dying, zondeeling only

Triggering me bro
Wait, you find tes that are actually using Zondeel? The majority of random tes I meet attack with Wand. The End. Seeing them use Zondeel is a lot rarer than shifta / deband.
Pretty much the only time random tes are reliably good is boss eqs, for other eqs it's a toss up and the majority of tes doing free field or lqs suck hard.
All if this in Expert ofc, I only do non expert if there if someone used an eq trigger.

Healing is a safety skill, yes. But I do think that slowing the game is needed, both to create mobs with more complex attacks/defenses that you can counter with movement, or by breaking their parts and giving players more breathing room and playstyles that benefit from teamwork.
Maybe its just me, but the current game is about dashing between spawns, that grew much more aggresive and often have quick knockdown and ranged attacks, that get insta-nuked and spending time in i-frames as you deplete hp of the damage sponges that mini-bosses and bosses have turned into.
And I miss ep 1-3 times where being fast and mobile was either skill, or a drawback.
Also, didn't limit break back then reduce your hp to 1?
Uh, you miss the times when melee was lucky to get a single hit on and only killed mobs every blue moon, when area bosses could die before you got into attack range? Moving fast is the only thing that makes melee viable in this game cause ranged classes can hit so hard. Especially Ep 2 was nothing but ra and fo killing everything and melee classes being perpetually late to the party.

Being able to move fast and far is essential and honestly is one of the defining characteristics of this game. I really don't get how people complain about that or about the fast pace, it's one of the main reasons PSO2 is a lot more fun than all other action rpgs.
The current speed at which a decent mpa (not even a great one) melts mobs and even bosses is truly absurd, often mobs melt in 1 second or even less but taking a couple of minutes for every mob or god forbid 5+ minutes like in Godeater or such would completely kill the pace and cause PSO2 to become a completely different and less fun game. There are other games with slow paced fighting against super tough mobs and PSO2 is intentionally different.
Hell, PSO1 was like that without a great party (with it was basically the same as PSO2 though).

No, not at all necessary cause kill speed skyrockets with more players. Even ult mobs melt in a couple of seconds with a full mpa but they take relatively long when solo.
Since a full mpa kills so fast the rewards are indirectly already going up a lot, you just can do the quest 3 times in a given time instead of once and thus get 3 times the drops and also 3 times the opportunities to get high end drops.

So, simply adjusting enemy amount and stats is perfect, allowing people to solo quests without it taking a lot longer and being a lot less fun. Like Omega Double is annoying as hell in a full mpa but I'd rather do real life chores that fight Omega Double with regular stats on my own.
Sega should just do what they did in PSO1, solo enemy stats were like 2/3 of the multiplayer stats. Take that as starting and ending points and fill the gap a bit more for each additional player after 1.
Same for the amount of enemies. Sega has started doing this, for example ultimate Amduscia is not actually a giant clusterf*** when you solo, but it's not implemented that often yet and I wouldn't count on it for mobbing eqs.
The problem is that 12 players is a lot and ontop of most people having to play with randoms cause it's not easy to fill an mpa with just team mates and friends for most people it also encourages a lot of players to leech or at least to not make an of effort even in expert.
Luckily Sega introduced 8 player quests but that can have some drawbacks like in Perpetual Madness, an awesome quest with a good mpa but unless the mpa is really good people lack the dps to kill that many lvl 85 enemies and atm it fails fairly often with randoms.
Would be great if there was such an option for seasonal eqs and some old bossing eqs / yamato, etc. (quest adjusted for 8 players).

Dark Mits
Apr 14, 2019, 04:58 AM
EC taking up screen spaceI get your point. It's most likely a design decision, and not something that they can't due to coding.

XH FieldsPeople do not run XH Fields for the exact same reason they do not run any content unless it is campaign-related: Reward vs. Effort. Why spend 10x time to kill an enemy for just 20% more exp? And why try to get those Elzelion crystals when Ceres weapons are not even in top 5 now. It's the exact same reason why people run 5x Harkotan instead of Caves + Wopal + Naberius Advanced + Lilipa + Seabed.

XH Fields will become "alive" again once power creep allows us to kill stuff quickly enough to the point where SH becomes an inferior choice. Or Sega could add new COs on Hans etc. for specific rewards for killing lvl80+ enemies. Imagine if a new Weekly Mission is "Kill 200 enemies in XH areas". Suddenly XH areas will become alive.

Healing stuffIt is a change indeed. I agree that it is subjective. In my opinion it significantly "dumbs" the game down, promotes omfgzerglololol gameplay.

Knockdown stuffYep. Of all possible solutions they could come up with, they chose one which is gameplay-destructive. They could have us "lose concentration" and make our hits deal 50% damage for example. They could have us receive PP damage. They could have us become disoriented (like Panic but with that high-pitched sound after an explosion has been done close to you) and make our character walk in random directions.They could have us be limited to walk speed for a couple seconds. They could have us be unable to target and instead hit just what is entirely in a straight line ahead of us for a few seconds, etc. Instead they chose the one thing that breaks the pace of the game.

Photon Blast coordinationPeople don't respond because why respond at all? I am not here to talk. I am here to take my rewards. **** you, you're an NPC to me. This mentality permeates the game, and every online game. It's not autism, it's people literally not caring about anyone else at all. Imagine how much more barren the game would be if Autowords didn't exist (and in my opinion Autowords is an amazing tool). At most I see people have some EC start and Quest Complete Autowords. I remember a guy in Winter EQ telling me to disable my Autowords because they were annoying him.

TEs and supportingAs a TE I do not Zondeel either. First because the majority of enemies do not get sucked in, those who do die anyway before they get sucked in entirely. Second because I have read that due to the way the game communicates between clients, if I have not reached the spawn point of the enemies first to catch them, what I will be seeing on my screen will be different than what others see. Regarding Shifta and Deband, I will only refresh if it has dropped off for someone in my party or if everyone is gathered up at a weak point. Just because I am a buffer, it does not mean that I will follow one's sorry ass to be his buff b*tch. It's their job to be in my range when I buff.

Pace of the gameI enjoy the fast pace of the game too. However, there is an issue when I have to abandon 95% of all non-meseta drops, and many meseta drops, because if I stop for 2 seconds to pick up items from a crystal, I will lose the next 2-3 enemy waves. I once sneezed in XH Enchanted Forest and spent less than 20seconds to blow my nose. I only caught up with the rest of the group in the exact opposite side of the map, and only because it was a boss.

Scaling and speed killingAs mentioned, there is already scaling. Going solo spawns just 1 boss, going 2 players spawns 2 bosses with trash, going more players spawns more enemies etc. This is probably me having the old mentality where going solo should not be encouraged, or where solo players should just be confined to "lower-tier" content and rewards. Exactly just how for example I do VH Enchanted Forest for 100 and 500 Demon kills instead of SH or XH.

midend
Apr 14, 2019, 06:03 AM
Why not just rezandia and let your mpa finish off the mobs

Budget Fo ftw

TakemiShinnosuke
Apr 20, 2019, 01:46 AM
not get right , but rather add the ability to mod defense as well. I mean we can mod weapons so