PDA

View Full Version : Android Names

Drake
Mar 9, 2001, 08:04 PM
When creating a new android, should one put his/her model number (if any) in his/her name?

It does lend a certain authenticity... but on the other hand, it's a bit awkward when the NPCs say things like "MIYAKO-RX7, look at your controller" and "Your MAG really likes you, Lucy 903-EN!" ^^;

BlitzGott
Mar 9, 2001, 08:16 PM
The NPC scripting does sound pretty bad with "authentic" android names(like mine, DRK-SK-7), but I like names like that for androids.... they just seem to fit better. Much better than the generic non-droid names most people choose.

Glider
Mar 9, 2001, 08:23 PM
I say, use a normal name. Or just pick a name you like. If my name was DRK-SK-7 I would get tired of it after a while.

b0n
Mar 9, 2001, 08:47 PM
i say incorporate the numbers into
the name you get the best of both worlds

Skee
Mar 10, 2001, 07:27 AM
Well for example, mine's called "Isis Mk. IX". Everyone calls me Isis for short http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Sheogorath
Mar 10, 2001, 07:45 AM
I have a RAcaseal Named Valkyrie-109 (My B-day) but I don't think you really have to name your Droid like that. After all, that girl you accompany to her master in Ruins (Offline quest) doesnt have a number, and neither does that pink RAcaseal who works for Dr. Osto.

I picked Sheogorath hoping someone would recognize where the name came from, but apparently it's a little too vague. That, and the name brings images of a big, hulking, uncontrollable android, which fits him perfectly!

KLin-304
Mar 10, 2001, 04:58 PM
Well I incorporate the number into my character's dialogue. For example, when I use a photon beam, I will have my character shout out 304 biimu!! (beam in Japanese) or when expressing thanks "304 Thanks!" or saying your welcome "Your 304 Welcome!" that other Racaseal in the offline quest is Shino, she's Great Sword Zoke's sidekick or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif