PDA

View Full Version : Episode 6 Story Discussion

Pages : 1 [2]

Ransu
Jun 10, 2020, 11:39 AM
Unlike Mitra I kinda felt sad when Varuna bit the dust. Looking forward to the final chapter though. Just hoping it matches EP5's final one.

loafhero
Jun 10, 2020, 11:42 AM
She's the best EP5 character because she's basically the Huey of Omega if he was voiced by Aya Hirano. A loud-mouthed moron with a hot-blooded personality meant to mask their deep insecurities over having no real friends because of said personality.

Seeing Varuna be defeated with only a two-man ARKS team (after a 5-man ARKS team couldn't do it) was anti-climactic.

TehCubey
Jun 10, 2020, 12:21 PM
Seeing Varuna be defeated with only a two-man ARKS team (after a 5-man ARKS team couldn't do it) was anti-climactic.

Shiva's plot shield ran out after chapter 3.

Tymek
Jun 10, 2020, 12:40 PM
Nothing happened, as usual. Disappointing.

silo1991
Jun 10, 2020, 05:06 PM

lets just say it was 3 factors , 1 MC knows how to fight him since the first encounter in ambducia , 2 the constant training in the divide quest and 3 we have this time deus machina Harriet with us :P

if i understood everything well : lumingmechs were in omega because of Varuna ; also he is the same character from EP5 just like Harriet back in EP3(well sort of) and 5 .

while fighting the demons and lummingmechs at the same time i couldnt resist on think in this song from spongebob XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST2bbvLQp6Y

and a theory for finish : what if Mitra and Varuna were the last seals all to contain PD , what if they were protecting us from her all along , ok no but could it be?

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 10, 2020, 11:25 PM
Nobody's realized it apparently. We just had one of the biggest clues about Not Episode 7 drop.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/300297037839204352/720488625380393000/unknown.png

ArcaneTechs
Jun 10, 2020, 11:49 PM
Nobody's realized it apparently. We just had one of the biggest clues about Not Episode 7 drop.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/300297037839204352/720488625380393000/unknown.png

i am now hyped for the Ep6 End Raid

Poyonche
Jun 11, 2020, 03:37 AM
lets just say it was 3 factors , 1 MC knows how to fight him since the first encounter in ambducia , 2 the constant training in the divide quest and 3 we have this time deus machina Harriet with us :P

I would also add something that I realised after doing the story.
This time we had someone with us that was not using photons (Lisa) so she could actually hurt Varuna. We just happened to land a hit because Varuna was busy protecting himself from Lisa's shoots.

Shear
Jun 11, 2020, 03:50 AM
i am now hyped for the Ep6 End Raid

Now I'm actually curious. The freaky Eye thing they showed so far in the preview looks like the thing we saw in the PSO2 Oracle Anime but her shadow looks like the classic Profound Darkness. Maybe the Classic one is her Hunar Form while the Big Anime one is the Raid?

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2020, 03:57 AM
Now I'm actually curious. The freaky Eye thing they showed so far in the preview looks like the thing we saw in the PSO2 Oracle Anime but her shadow looks like the classic Profound Darkness. Maybe the Classic one is her Hunar Form while the Big Anime one is the Raid?
Or the big raid has multiple forms. The original PS4 Profound Darkness had multiple forms after all.

http://www.pscave.com/ps4/enemies/images/profounddarkness1.gif
http://www.pscave.com/ps4/enemies/images/profounddarkness2.gif
http://www.pscave.com/ps4/enemies/images/profounddarkness3.gif

Ransu
Jun 11, 2020, 04:20 AM

Oh damn it's actual PD

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 11, 2020, 04:24 AM
Yup, the bigger implication being that PSO2 is a prequel to Algol. ARKS will not win this fight, they can only seal Shiva away. Not Episode 7 may even take place on the newly formed Algol, long before the classic series took place.

TehCubey
Jun 11, 2020, 05:50 AM
Oh shit, clearly this is the first time Omega stuff made a reference to classic Phantasy Star series! Time to weave huge baseless theories over a bit of fanservice.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 11, 2020, 05:54 AM
Yup, the bigger implication being that PSO2 is a prequel to Algol. ARKS will not win this fight, they can only seal Shiva away. Not Episode 7 may even take place on the newly formed Algol, long before the classic series took place.

I only hope this is nothing but a mere reference and nothing else. PSO2 straight up connecting to the classics doesn't really give good taste in my mouth, and then there's the inconsistency that is Earth.

landman
Jun 11, 2020, 06:03 AM
I only hope this is nothing but a mere reference and nothing else. PSO2 straight up connecting to the classics doesn't really give good taste in my mouth, and then there's the inconsistency that is Earth.
Earth is in a different universe, and the Alisa III reached Earth after going through a "blackhole", we don't really know where "eartmen" that invaded Algol came from, or from how far away. The Photoners dropped Mother into subspace, how long ago? I doubt we are talking 4.5 billion years in ARKS perspective, clearly Earth Universe and ARKS Universe are running at different speed unless they somehow open a path between each other (like the "PSO2 game" that's basically always connected to ARKS from Earth). (edit: that or subspace doesn't really care where in time things come and leave its domain)

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 11, 2020, 06:21 AM
The problem is that it isn't just one reference. Sega's been hinting at this for a while. This was another of the pieces of evidence of what was happening.

The Akashic Record is a record of not just only the past but also the future and Omega was a dream where certain facts may have been confused. It also operates at a different time scale than the ORACLE universe when Alma isn't doing her thing.

The presence of Lashiec and the fact that they died on Omega leaves the door open that whenever Shiva gets sealed that could start his resurrection process. Since Mitra died outside Omega that would explain them not showing up on Algol. Also Alis and Lutz are present yet no one mentions any sort of history related to them in ORACLE. Even Orakio was supposed to show up at one point in Es-Ars as proven by dataminers but that was scrapped for the rebalance.

The Dark Falz "Aru" entity that attacked early on in Episode 4 used an attack that was eerily similar to the Black Wave.

The Vita opening highlighted a Musk Cat for the 25th anniversary, not a Rappy which had since become the mascot of the series. Vita support ends whenever "Not Episode 7" starts.

Nyau may be a great grandchild of Myau that ascended to an interdimensional being. Phantasy Star End of the Millenium provides evidence of Musk Cat evolution as one of Myau's litter was able to open a bottle whereas Myau couldn't. Nyau carries a bottle of Ashline around their neck.

We know Gurhal is NOT part of the Oracle universe as per a sub-story that took place when Emelia and Vivienne arrived via a trip through subspace.

The Etoile class is unique in that players using that class and damage balancer are unable to heal via self heals from weapons, regeneration or techniques, and instead can only heal via the Etoile's abilities and mates. This is very similar to how Androids in Algol operate in that they can't be hit by techniques for healing and instead have to rely on Repair Kits or a recovery ability. (For the sake of gameplay Sega probably made a decision to allow healing via mates by all charactesr rather than requiring repair kits be used by casts.)

You're correct about the Alisa III. There's a time loop once Phantasy Star III takes place which splits the timeline, sometimes with the Alisa III ending up near Earth, possibly after the ARKS arrive. (We'll never know this for certain, the Earth adventure was supposed to span 3 episodes but because Hitsugi's VO had to leave that was put on hold. Regardless this triggers the "Earthmen" portion of the timeline) In other cases it arrives near Ragol and the seal of Mutt Ditz Poumn is placed to contain the Dark Falz within. (The ruins are actually inside of a space ship as seen if you noclip through the area with a map viewer.) Somehow both scenarios are able to exist at the same time. However Ragol doesn't translate directly to PSO2 because it wasn't Pioneer 2 that found Xion. There's a chance it was a ship from Coral that found Xion due to the shape of the ships of the Oracle fleet. We also have the name of that ship, Pioneer 3. Pagini name dropped that as one of his random statements after a trade in PSO Episode II. Pioneer 3 never arrived at Ragol.

Characters like Re Faze may be Phantom Class ARKS that held a technique a bit too long and got stuck like that.

---

Of course this could just simply head in another direction like Vandool. Idola Phantasy Star Saga features the presence of several prominent PSO2 figures such as Seraphy, Quna, Luther, and Matoi. However given what we've seen from this form, I have my doubts that's going to happen. Sure, even this shadow isn't necessarily proof. But hey, if you look way back to the start of the thread, you'll see I correctly called Xiao getting incapacitated. I've at least got some cred about correctly predicting some of Sega's movements in the past. And I'm also willing to admit I was wrong about other things like Mitra's ears, that sure still leaves me scratching my head about their headdress.

Tymek
Jun 11, 2020, 06:28 AM
Of course this could just simply head in another direction like Vandool. Idola Phantasy Star Saga features the presence of several prominent PSO2 figures such as Seraphy, Quna, Luther, and Matoi. However given what we've seen from this form, I have my doubts that's going to happen.

IDOLA PHANTASY STAR SAGA heavily implies that ARKS are the progenitors of Vandor.

landman
Jun 11, 2020, 06:40 AM
Photoners can't be Coralians because Photoners only discovered Photons after meeting Xion, they were a non photon civilisation before that. Coral discovered Photons before the Pioneer project.

silo1991
Jun 11, 2020, 08:29 AM
about ep 4 and 5

earth and ether drama was planned to long last 3 EPs ? i highly doubt it mostly because they didnt even knew how to handle their argumental resources , if what you are saying its true then Ardem was gonna be the main villain of EP5 but too bad the team realize how the phantoms were a lost cause from the beginning.

about EP5 i still say its a shame we couldnt see more classic characters in that season , but after how Alisa and Lutz were handle and the lack of a main villain (i already mention Elmir gave the vibe to be a hechmen back on its days) it was obvious they didnt even knew what they were doing with their original plan .
https://youtu.be/05ufuQvp3Pk?t=931
my general opinion to summarize other points on EP5 , remember active subtitles

LinkEP
Jun 11, 2020, 12:17 PM
Even Orakio was supposed to show up at one point in Es-Ars as proven by dataminers but that was scrapped for the rebalance.
If possible, can I see the proof? I'm curious.

You're correct about the Alisa III. There's a time loop once Phantasy Star III takes place which splits the timeline, sometimes with the Alisa III ending up near Earth, possibly after the ARKS arrive. (We'll never know this for certain, the Earth adventure was supposed to span 3 episodes but because Hitsugi's VO had to leave that was put on hold. Regardless this triggers the "Earthmen" portion of the timeline) In other cases it arrives near Ragol and the seal of Mutt Ditz Poumn is placed to contain the Dark Falz within.

I'm skeptical about that spaceship ruins in PSO1 belonging to the civilization of Palma, Motavia, and Dezoris.
If we consider the twin dagger "Heart of Naberius" in PSO2, and "Heart of Poumn" in PSO1/PSU version, then the spaceship may not belong to Algol civilization. Despite that Sega had planned to implement Searren (Wren) as NPC in PSO1 (but it never happened due to lack of time) (https://wikiwiki.jp/pso2motoneta/%E5%9C%B0%E5%90%8D/%E5%90%84%E6%83%91%E6%98%9F#rdeab355), there is no explanation why they are called Poumn/Muut/Ditts and not Palma/Motavia/Dezoris. However, it could be altered Algol, rebranded Algol planets, or Algol descendants from a different star system?
[SPOILER-BOX]For anyone who wants to read the original source about Searren in PSO1:
PSO Book of Hunters (page 24) or
PSO Episode 1&2 Material (page 96)
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Speaking of Heart of Naberius, you guys forgot about Alis (not Alisa) located in the shopping lobby.
https://image.swiki.jp/img1/?host=pso2&page=%E7%99%BB%E5%A0%B4NPC%2F%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AA%E3 %82%B9&src=%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B901.jpg

She's a spy from another planet/civilization that ARKS haven't discovered yet, along with her colleagues: Kein (Rhys), Lina (Lena), and Marina (Maia). She was sent to Oracle by a client from Orakio Kingdom due to their space research team have accidentally discovered Oracle while researching the outer space.
Source: PSO2 Swiki (https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%99%BB%E5%A0%B4NPC%2F%E3%82%A2%E3%83% AA%E3%82%B9)

So maybe this relationship between Orakio and Oracle may be tackled in Not Episode 7.

Also, I'm guessing those 3 of her colleagues were probably disguised as the predecessor characters:
[SPOILER-BOX]Kein as Rudger
https://i.imgur.com/7nDrEfm.png

Marina as Alisa
https://i.imgur.com/A8vutCu.png

For Lina, I dont know tbh.. I can't think of a character that closely resembles her, is it Anne?
https://i.imgur.com/WU9BpZi.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
As always, correct me if I'm mistaken something.

Edited & Added:

IDOLA PHANTASY STAR SAGA heavily implies that ARKS are the progenitors of Vandor.
Vandor may also have been influenced by Earth people because they use both latin alphabet and ARKS writing system.
There is another writing system I don't recognize, you can see it from their Law and Chaos symbol.

loafhero
Jun 12, 2020, 11:06 AM
Can't wait for big titty Profound Darkness!

Akia
Jun 13, 2020, 03:37 AM
The problem is that it isn't just one reference. Sega's been hinting at this for a while. This was another of the pieces of evidence of what was happening.

Sega hasn't been hinting at anything dude, it's all just fanservice. You're seeing things where there's nothing.

Even Orakio was supposed to show up at one point in Es-Ars as proven by dataminers but that was scrapped for the rebalance.
That is completely false, I've datamined this game for years and NEVER has any of that been true. The only "Orakio" in PSO2 is the series of costumes from way back in Episode 2.

The Vita opening highlighted a Musk Cat for the 25th anniversary, not a Rappy which had since become the mascot of the series. Vita support ends whenever "Not Episode 7" starts.
Again, just seeing a connection where you WANT to see one, when there's literally none.

The Etoile class is unique in that players using that class and damage balancer are unable to heal via self heals from weapons, regeneration or techniques, and instead can only heal via the Etoile's abilities and mates. This is very similar to how Androids in Algol operate in that they can't be hit by techniques for healing and instead have to rely on Repair Kits or a recovery ability. (For the sake of gameplay Sega probably made a decision to allow healing via mates by all charactesr rather than requiring repair kits be used by casts.)
It's just a gameplay mechanic, dude. Seriously.

(We'll never know this for certain, the Earth adventure was supposed to span 3 episodes but because Hitsugi's VO had to leave that was put on hold. Regardless this triggers the "Earthmen" portion of the timeline)
This in particular, is utter bullshit. I own the Episode 4 and Episode 5 materials book, they do not state any of that anywhere in it and you especially do not scrap a whole set of episodes because one voice actor got sick for a certain amount of time.

Do you even know what the materials book say about Alis, Lutz and Varuna (Lashiec)? That they're named after the characters from the classic series just in reference for the series anniversary, and the book EXPLICITELY STATES that there is 0 (ZERO) connection to the original games. Stop being delusional about this game's story, I've seen you parrot this crap in a bunch of places and I'm tired of that misinformation going around.

PSO2 being a prequel to the classic series would honestly be an insult to the original games, I don't know why anyone would want that.

LinkEP
Jun 13, 2020, 03:47 PM
The only "Orakio" in PSO2 is the series of costumes from way back in Episode 2.
Not only the costumes. Upon completing all Alis' COs, she lets you choose 1 question:
"Who are you, Alis?" & "Who is your client for the surveys?" If you choose the second question, she'll mention about Orakio Kingdom (scroll down to spoiler tab for full dialogue) (http://pso2wiki.net/%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9).

PSO2 being a prequel to the classic series would honestly be an insult to the original games, I don't know why anyone would want that.
For me, I don't think it's an insult. The classic series had a lot of gaps and open-ended endings, there are rooms to know and connect things.

Since this is sci-fi and Akashic Records was known, interference between worlds can be expected.

Ransu
Jun 13, 2020, 04:40 PM
The only thing I want is for them to elaborate on this "Vessel of the World" crap. It keeps getting mentioned in passing but it's obviously a super important thing since it relates to Shiva and probably Xion.

oratank
Jun 23, 2020, 08:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWyK-1ndsSA

PD

silo1991
Jun 23, 2020, 08:57 AM
Overmind voice:awaken my child , so you , a Dark falz must obey my will

Terrence
Aug 5, 2020, 05:02 AM
Just finished the Final Chapter. Way better than the previous ones at absolutely all levels (but it's only personal opinion of course).
The only thing that saddens me is that, as some people had forseen it, this is really the true end of the game (or at least of the story). One question though : Did the player become the Akashic Record ?
And by the way, let's all hail the Primordial Darkness - Sodam :

[spoiler-box]
http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/pso2/sodam.png[/spoiler-box]
Congratulations, SEGA. You managed to make me cry. Oh, and FINALLY :

[spoiler-box]
http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/pso2/enda.png
http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/pso2/endb.png
http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/pso2/endc.png[/spoiler-box]

Taiga34
Aug 5, 2020, 06:51 AM
After trying to beat Shiva on Hard for the last two hours, how in the world does one dodge the time stop one shot move?
I can't for the life of me get past it, the rest of the mechanics i can deal with.

NightmareDust
Aug 5, 2020, 06:57 AM
After trying to beat Shiva on Hard for the last two hours, how in the world does one dodge the time stop one shot move?
I can't for the life of me get past it, the rest of the mechanics i can deal with.

She summons a barrier beforehand. Once she does the barrier, dont attack her until its gone. Hitting her while the barrier is up makes her counter with the Time Stopping Swords.

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2020, 07:00 AM
Like NightmareDust said, don't attack her while the barrier is up. You'll know she's going to do it because her weapons will buzz around her with red trails beforehand, so you have plenty of time to notice and stop.

EDIT: Also, I think I know what the divide quest update is going to involve.

ratatosk
Aug 5, 2020, 09:22 AM
Gee i wonder what those mysterious threats from NGS could be

That final fight was really cool though and cant wait for the raid boss

Taiga34
Aug 5, 2020, 09:56 AM
So, im guessing theres another condition to trigger the other ending?
I've beaten Shiva on hard, but it went to normal end again.
Just wondering why i'm unable to get it.

Shear
Aug 5, 2020, 09:58 AM
Did you get a S-Rank? According to other's that's part of the requirement. Also did you fail any of the Emergency Codes?

:EDIT: okay I checked the Japanese Wiki. It seems Casual or Hardcore don't matter but you need S-Rank in the Mission before and need to have finished several other missions, if you did everything so far the last bit should be fine. If you did everything right there should be two choices.
「それで世界が救われるなら……」
「…それでも、未来へ歩みたかった」
Pick the lower one.
Also if I read right your first run will always be normal end.

bhaal
Aug 5, 2020, 11:59 AM
What is next? Darkest Darkness? Original Darkness? Blackest Darkness? Shining Darkness (from some alternate universe) ?

I wasn't getting true ending, but all the problem was getting S rank on hardcore, had all maxibus History cleaned (main/subs) but still some missions need a hard clear.

Shear
Aug 5, 2020, 12:12 PM
Hardcore is definitely not needed, I only got a C on Hardcore, then went through again on Casual and got S. Had the Choice, it was even marked with a (!). I didn't even get a single Title for this ... greedy game :(
Here is the Google translated Block from the SWIKI
Casual or hardcore

Oracle Chapter [EP3] Clear Chapter 4 " Absolutely Sliding Absolute Defense " (or Matterboard EP3-08 Clear? Request Information )
Earth Hen [EP4] Chapter 8, " the world's demise embodied Clear"
Photoner edition [EP6] Chapter 6 " hope you bring " S rank clear
Damage amount (800p), trial success rate: NPC does not make anyone incompetent in a joint battle (100p), non-stop clear (100p)

TehCubey
Aug 5, 2020, 12:45 PM
That was a really satisfying ending. I didn't S-rank on my first try (had to run the second time) so I had to put in some extra work, but it was totally worth it.

Also Afin holy shit. That's my aibo.

Shear
Aug 5, 2020, 12:52 PM
Yeah, the ending definitely was great, final fight was really cool too though maybe I should have tried evading at least ... got a C. Now I wonder though if we ever get a Episode 7 since ... well we kinda finished of the True threat if I got that right.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 5, 2020, 01:18 PM
Yeah, the ending definitely was great, final fight was really cool too though maybe I should have tried evading at least ... got a C. Now I wonder though if we ever get a Episode 7 since ... well we kinda finished of the True threat if I got that right.

Pretty much. The Primordial Darkness is basically the apotheosis of the Photoners' sins. The forms' names, Gomorrah and Sodam, kinda hammer it home.

Also, gotta love Matoi, Hitsugi, and Harriet repaying you for the times you've saved them.

Gwyndolin
Aug 5, 2020, 02:34 PM
That was a really wonderful way to end off a long journey. I loved how essentially everyone came together to finally save you and then we all saved ourselves. Also... The nab rappy dance party in the credits was adorable.

oratank
Aug 5, 2020, 11:02 PM
no big titty Profound Darkness i really expected for Shiva big titty monster D:

ratatosk
Aug 5, 2020, 11:05 PM
I wish I understood Japanese because shiva said something about us repeating this over and over again. I also wonder what xion like did and what the orb of light was. I have so many questions and i just want answers QuQ

uhawww
Aug 6, 2020, 12:17 AM
Not gonna lie, I got really emotional.
Eight years and thousands of hours all come to this point.

I wish I understood Japanese because shiva said something about us repeating this over and over again. I also wonder what xion like did and what the orb of light was. I have so many questions and i just want answers QuQ

The cycle may be better understood by the answer given for the "Normal" end.
「それで世界が救われるなら……」"As long as it saves the world..."
You disappear with all that pervasive dark energy and take it into the light. A fate not to dissimilar to Shiva's origin story.
I interpret the light as the physical manifestation of the Akashic Record. In time, all things are relegated to its memory.
Who knows... given the Phantasy Star series pattern for catastrophic darkness events, something might happen a thousand years from now...
*hint hint wink wink*

oratank
Aug 6, 2020, 12:54 AM
after Shiva dead all Photon Shiva have came to us include PD because we are Shiva like( i think ) then we are overflow with dark enegy about to become PD so we choose to warp to the place that nothing can be harm that was before the universe has born yeah we time travel back and go boom then universe was born by this action we have become Akashic record still the cycle repeated

True end Matoi and gangs kick PD butt by the power of The Great Light( everyone wish ) while we are in time tunnel

i guess the orb of light that Xion gave to us is Akashic record

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2020, 01:06 AM
This is mostly me being a goober, but even though the lyrics are kinda messy and cheesy, I REALLY like "Light to Dark" thematically. The lyrics have this neat thematic symmetry.

quickasker
Aug 6, 2020, 01:44 AM
gg. been playing this game for ~8k hours, that was a good run. need to run everything twice in hardcore because failed to dodge shiva's one hit, and in the final battle i can't see the map that if you in red dot you'll get one shot

i guess we get more pic for matoi get kicked in stomach

oratank
Aug 6, 2020, 01:54 AM
i can't see the map that if you in red dot you'll get one shot

you can hold Photon Blast make yourself invincible until she done her finisher move

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2020, 02:07 AM
you can hold Photon Blast make yourself invincible until she done her finisher moveShe freezes you the instant you hit her while it's active, you wouldn't have time to PB. You're just supposed to just not attack, the shield just has a lot of lead up so you probably just happened to start using your PB as soon as you noticed it without hitting her.

oratank
Aug 6, 2020, 02:32 AM
no not that move we talk about her finisher used in phase 2 the one that has red aoe and will freeze you if got hit by her sword

Vatallus
Aug 6, 2020, 04:16 AM
The true final boss doesn't even feel like PSO2, well until you beat it... then the game goes back to good ole pso2 fashion.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 7, 2020, 01:49 AM
no big titty Profound Darkness i really expected for Shiva big titty monster D:

Read Light and Dark the Adventures of Dark Yagami for a giant monster with big boobs. You won't regret it :P

Meteor Weapon
Aug 8, 2020, 07:55 AM
So I guess we can conclusively say that PSO2's story has no relation with any past games.

rokkuman
Aug 8, 2020, 09:51 AM
So I guess we can conclusively say that PSO2's story has no relation with any past games.
The relations are very small but they're still there, right? The original cast appearing in Omega was a nice touch, although undeveloped.

landman
Aug 12, 2020, 07:20 AM
Posting this avoiding every message from last week.... any estimate date for the English patch?

rokkuman
Aug 12, 2020, 10:14 AM
Now that Idola is getting a proper localization, would someone mind spoiling me Vandor's relations with Oracle? I read somewhere that it's implied to be a distant future, but I've seen scenes of Matoi appearing in the main story.

silo1991
Aug 12, 2020, 12:42 PM
Now that Idola is getting a proper localization, would someone mind spoiling me Vandor's relations with Oracle? I read somewhere that it's implied to be a distant future, but I've seen scenes of Matoi appearing in the main story.

i been playing the game almost a month and im curious too.

i finished Ep1 a week ago

starwind75043
Aug 12, 2020, 03:46 PM
I so out on Shiva and her MUHHHAAA I AM EEEEBILLL that I dont care to go back and view EP 6 when its translated.

Ransu
Aug 13, 2020, 12:51 PM
While I enjoyed the conclusion somewhat I find myself dissatisfied with a lot of things. Mostly the time travel ability conveniently coming back up (if I understand correctly) to get rid of PD. If it were so easy to time travel so far back with the [Profound Darkness] then Persona should have done that ages ago.

Shiva somehow being defeated by the MC and Matoi (even with help) despite not even two chapters ago they went out of their way to state she was as powerful as the sum of all ARKS members. The grand majority of Episode 6 spent so much time making her flex her power and us wasting time doing absolutely nothing to her that it feels like it came out of the blue when she was defeated - using Photons no less.

I really want to like Episode 6 but it fell short with me just because of a lack of real direction and it didn't feel like anything was really happening. Any sort of sacrifices or losses weren't serious and were immediately rectified, we had a terrible filler chapter that served no purpose, and I feel like a potentially good villain was wasted.

Well, at least the final attack against the [Primordial Darkness] was better than Stargazer despite also being pretty cheesy too.

Ezodagrom
Aug 13, 2020, 01:28 PM
Shiva somehow being defeated by the MC and Matoi (even with help) despite not even two chapters ago they went out of their way to state she was as powerful as the sum of all ARKS members. The grand majority of Episode 6 spent so much time making her flex her power and us wasting time doing absolutely nothing to her that it feels like it came out of the blue when she was defeated - using Photons no less.
They were able to defeat her only thanks to the 2 barriers, the one that Harriet did on Omega (which covers the entire universe I think, but was shown to not be enough) plus the one that Sukunahime did on site.

TehCubey
Aug 13, 2020, 02:33 PM
If it were so easy to time travel so far back with the [Profound Darkness] then Persona should have done that ages ago.

Easy? We only managed to do it because we managed to convince Xion not to be a passive observer anymore AND because we had Matoi, Harriett and best girl Hitsugi rushing to our aid. Persona got none of that.

Shiva somehow being defeated by the MC and Matoi (even with help) despite not even two chapters ago they went out of their way to state she was as powerful as the sum of all ARKS members.

We've set up a universe-wide barrier in Omega that weakened the Photoners and had Sukunahime's blessing. I'm puzzled how you managed to miss that.

Any sort of sacrifices or losses weren't serious and were immediately rectified, we had a terrible filler chapter that served no purpose, and I feel like a potentially good villain was wasted.

Not every story needs sacrifice and loss. There are ways of building up meaningful stakes and drama other than killing characters off. Not every story needs to be Game of Thrones.

But I'll agree that ep 6 feels like a filler episode, between nothing much happening (except Sukunahime and Kotoshiro being done dirty, which they totally didn't deserve, being the best part of ep 3) and every individual chapter being very short. The best parts were the finale and the opportunity to interact with old characters again - I mean the enjoyable ones, fuck Ohza, Marlu, Aki, etc. The successor class leads' subplot was fun too.

Also Shiva was an awful stereotypical So Strong smug git of an antagonist straight out of DBZ and I'm happy in the end she was basically a filler villain, as the finale's best part was about us dealing with PD instead.

milranduil
Aug 13, 2020, 09:22 PM

we have the omega wide barrier which shiva admits to us has weakened her. in addition, if i'm understanding the translation correctly, sukunahime and xiao team up together to buff us precisely with the power of all ark's photons. this combination is what finally puts us on an even level, why shiva immediately gets pissed off (it also mirrors her creation by the photoners), and why we are able to beat her.

cheapgunner
Aug 13, 2020, 10:24 PM
Finished the last chapter. Would have been better to let Shiva win and make NGS where we fight in her newly constructed world. I feel like she should have stomped everyone from the beginning instead of clowning around with those 2 misfits with her.

Ransu
Aug 14, 2020, 11:06 AM
We've set up a universe-wide barrier in Omega that weakened the Photoners and had Sukunahime's blessing. I'm puzzled how you managed to miss that.

I didn't miss the part involving the sealing technique which is why I pointed out "even with help". I just couldn't believe it to be that effective when Shiva is capable of just taking out everyone effortlessly like we saw in Chapter 3. I just chalk it up to how she's written though.

cheapgunner
Aug 14, 2020, 01:22 PM
The story episode main and side quests are all done for Episodes 5 and 6, but I still can't do the true ending.... Do I have to do all episode chapters then???

Tymek
Aug 14, 2020, 02:19 PM
The story episode main and side quests are all done for Episodes 5 and 6, but I still can't do the true ending.... Do I have to do all episode chapters then???

S-Rank the second-to-last battle quest.

oratank
Aug 14, 2020, 04:31 PM
req. complete ep 3 - 6 , S rank Shiva final chapter
but to complete ep3 you have to start it from ep1 basically ep 1-6

I didn't miss the part involving the sealing technique which is why I pointed out "even with help". I just couldn't believe it to be that effective when Shiva is capable of just taking out everyone effortlessly like we saw in Chapter 3. I just chalk it up to how she's written though.

talk about Shiva. she knew the repeated cycles still didn't destroy Arks on spot she let them try something to figure it out something then she said she want to break the cycles but she didn't really care to put any effort.maybe if Sega saw how popular she was they can bring her back to as a plot twist good guy :D

TehCubey
Aug 14, 2020, 07:39 PM
If only the game had a character who was like Shiva but not evil. But alas no such thing, amirite.
What's ep 5 anyway?

Also, Shiva was popular? As in, in Japan? Where are the character popularity poll results anyway?

oratank
Aug 14, 2020, 10:10 PM
they don't have the same trait
Harriet is regular kind girl not even feel like ojousama
Shiva is ice queen with smug face

no result yet but you can look for Shiva clones around you

TehCubey
Aug 14, 2020, 11:59 PM
I've yet to see any on ship 10.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 15, 2020, 12:20 AM
I've yet to see any on ship 10.

They do exist in ship10, you can find them around jp nighttime

TehCubey
Aug 15, 2020, 12:26 AM
Maybe I'll see one if I turn off expert matchmaking for EQs. Assuming I'd ever want to do that...

Gwyndolin
Aug 15, 2020, 04:55 AM
Maybe I'll see one if I turn off expert matchmaking for EQs. Assuming I'd ever want to do that...

Because there is a correlation between people who create Shiva clones and expert players? I mean, really? lol

Poyonche
Aug 15, 2020, 05:44 AM
Because there is a correlation between people who create Shiva clones and expert players? I mean, really? lol

Didn’t you know ? People dressed as Rappy deal as much damage as them ! :wacko:

echofaith
Aug 15, 2020, 08:34 AM
There was an episode of Puso ni where Tetra goes into an MPA full of weird people spamming LAs and wearing all kind of random clothing, and they ended up carrying her hard. In my case, more of than not(say 80% of the time) the MPAs full of weirdos like these end up being the fastests runs, but there is no in between sadly, and sometimes they up being super slow instead. Still, if I see many weird people on portal, I usually expect carry c:

Cant say how NPC clones fare in quests as is very rare to see multiple in the same MPA, but this past days I seen more Shiva clones in lobby than any other NPC not named Matoi and Quna in the past 4 years. Havent seen any in an EQ yet, but then again...I have not done any EQ in the past 2 weeks :p

milranduil
Aug 15, 2020, 10:54 AM
There was an episode of Puso ni where Tetra goes into an MPA full of weird people spamming LAs and wearing all kind of random clothing, and they ended up carrying her hard. In my case, more of than not(say 80% of the time) the MPAs full of weirdos like these end up being the fastests runs, but there is no in between sadly, and sometimes they up being super slow instead. Still, if I see many weird people on portal, I usually expect carry c:

Cant say how NPC clones fare in quests as is very rare to see multiple in the same MPA, but this past days I seen more Shiva clones in lobby than any other NPC not named Matoi and Quna in the past 4 years. Havent seen any in an EQ yet, but then again...I have not done any EQ in the past 2 weeks :p

i don't blame them tbh. shiva's motives/laziness aside, thematically she is definitely one of the coolest designed characters sega has made in pso2, so it's no surprise to me people are flocking to create a clone of her now that they have the proper stuff to do so.

TehCubey
Aug 15, 2020, 01:03 PM
Performance of player characters in silly outfits, in my experience:

Weird/meme characters - either amazing or awful, very little middle ground
Rappies, lilipans and reindeers - almost always awful
Clones of NPCs AND characters from media that had a collab with pso2 (for example Aigis from Persona 3) - usually pretty bad
Clones of charaters from medi that did NOT have a collab with pso2 (for example Cloud from FFVII) - usually pretty good

Dark Mits
Aug 15, 2020, 01:57 PM
I apologize if this has been asked or discussed before, but are there no news about a new Quna song for the end of the story?

Meteor Weapon
Aug 20, 2020, 08:51 AM
since translations are out I replayed story quest

Persona mentioned the Primordial Darkness is the antithesis of photoners. It is not born, it is always is. And then there's the whole thing about time traveling back to the moment before Akashic Record is even a thing. Does that mean Primordial Darkness is indeed, a primordial malevelont being, the root of every Profound Darkness that exist throughout the multiverse of phantasy star series instead of something photoners accidentally made or its something akin to Grandfather paradox going around here?

landman
Aug 20, 2020, 11:47 AM
I think it describes it as a natural element, as the antithesis of photon energy, and when you destroy it before the big bang the akashic record is born. Xion also names it the Great Light, but then they name the Great Light another thing...

In general I've felt everything was done by a wizard, Aru teleporting Hitsugi to just before the beginning of the universe? he is a wizard. Now repeat that with the others. I'll guess Xion is the one who did it, but everything is just shown as "hold our hand and destroy evil with the power of friendship!".

I liked it, but I don't think it was good.

NOW, Xion makes it clear she could not see AFTER that ending, if she didn't see it does that mean the Akashic Record didn't see it? then... does that mean Alisa and Lutz are from the past instead of the future of that universe? or are they only fanservice and the akashic record was just an excuse? I mean, if it's just fanservice, talk about insulting the fans with those representations.

loafhero
Aug 20, 2020, 12:35 PM
I think the issue with Shiva's defeat is that she was a little too invincible and has had bland characterization throughout the story. I think quite a few people grew numb of Shiva. After several chapters of her being smug and infallible, when she finally starts to show some cracks, its a bit too late.

Anyway, the battle after Shiva was definitely epic. While I would have preferred Hitsugi out of the whole thing, the Earth parts of EP6 being the weakest part of the story, it was definitely one of the best story moments of PSO2.

The most rewarding part of the whole thing for me is that after waaaaaaaaaaay too long, the Player and Matoi finally got a damn hug.

Kondibon
Aug 20, 2020, 12:50 PM
I get what they were going for with Shiva at the very least. It was kind of going through a checklist of what does and doesn't work on her, then combining what does at the end. The problem was that going through said checklist was a bit too long in the tooth. I feel like the result was worth it if only for the actual plan in the end though.
Also, I don't know why anyone would complain about the solution involving the literal power of friendship when it's been established multiple times that photons react to emotions. It's only natural that the culmination of negative emotions would be beaten by the culmination of positive ones.

While I would have preferred Hitsugi out of the whole thing
I felt the same way at first, but honestly the combination of the events of the end of episode 6 and playing through episode 4 dubbed in global, I appreciate Hitsugi a lot more as a character. I genuinely feel like the only reason people dislike episode 4 so much is mainly because of the setting, but the characters are actually fine. Well a few are at least.
Like, it's weaker overall than the rest of the episodes but it's not terrible.

EDIT: And, to clarify the reason I like Hitsugi is because her character arc is actually really interesting where she goes from just sort of winging it, to THINKING she has conviction but not actually knowing what she wants, to finally finding real conviction, and I can appreciate that in a character.

Loveless62
Aug 20, 2020, 02:07 PM
Has anyone else noticed the resemblance between the new PD and a booma from PSO1?

landman
Aug 20, 2020, 03:12 PM
Also, I don't know why anyone would complain about the solution involving the literal power of friendship when it's been established multiple times that photons react to emotions. It's only natural that the culmination of negative emotions would be beaten by the culmination of positive ones.

I thought Earth's universe didn't have Photons :wacko:

silo1991
Aug 20, 2020, 03:30 PM
I thought Earth's universe didn't have Photons :wacko:

photons are everywhere , earthlings just cant use them.

dont you remember in EP5 Persona wanted to erase photons from the akashic record , so he could plunge the multiverse in absolute darkness

Kondibon
Aug 20, 2020, 03:31 PM
I thought Earth's universe didn't have Photons :wacko:So did I. But honestly one of the big takeaways I got from going through episode 4 and actually paying attention was that Aether is fundamentally the same thing just a bit more specialized towards manifesting things and transferring information. Otherwise they work pretty much the same way and with the same rules.

"Wait, it's all photons?"
"Always has been."

photons its everywhere , earthlings just cant use them

Actually they can. They make a point of mentioning that when in the Oracle universe the earthlings use photons instead of Aether to make their embodied weapons. The reverse is also true to a lesser extent. Aether is similar enough that you can do most of the same things with it. The biggest difference is that Aether doesn't produce as much raw energy, and is more specialized as I said before, but on a micro level you can do the same stuff with Aether as you can with photons and vice versa.

TehCubey
Aug 20, 2020, 06:07 PM
I felt the same way at first, but honestly the combination of the events of the end of episode 6 and playing through episode 4 dubbed in global, I appreciate Hitsugi a lot more as a character. I genuinely feel like the only reason people dislike episode 4 so much is mainly because of the setting, but the characters are actually fine. Well a few are at least.

Personally I think the reason why people dislike ep 4 is because they made assumptions before the episode was even out and that colored their impressions negatively. If you get into something thinking that it will be bad and you'll hate it, more often than not you will actually end up hating it, funny how that works. Especially if the dialogue is in Japanese and the player doesn't understand JP nor cares to even try to figure out what's going on because "it's bad so not worth my time anyway".

I disliked ep 4 at first because it felt like nothing happens and you're just spying on two schoolgirls, and the wait between story updates felt unbearable. But as the episode progressed I warmed up more and more to it and in the end it's my personal favorite - it's not great, but no PSO2 episode is. Single scenes, sometimes even chapters are, but not whole episodes. They tend to average out to somewhere between meh and adequate.

Shame about Bethor's VA having to drop the character so quickly because of health reasons. Wonder what role in the plot would he have if Ryusei Nakao stuck around. Hitsugi's VA also had a health-related hiatus but fortunately she managed before ep 6.

Anduril
Aug 20, 2020, 06:54 PM
... the wait between story updates felt unbearable. ...

This was definitely my biggest issue, both with the original physical wait and the pacing of the story, particularly at the beginning of the Episode. That first part up until Bethor showed up just felt soooooo loooooong and tedious, but the pace really picked up in a way that made me want to see where things were going. I do imagine, though, that having to go through it on multiple characters for the sake of the rewards probably just amplified the tediousness for me more than it really was, even though on most characters I was skipping through the scenes.

loafhero
Aug 20, 2020, 09:12 PM
Actually, the reason I dislike EP4 are because of its one-dimensional characters, superficial character development, awful twist villain at the last minute, and feeling severely disconnected from the main overarching plot.

To sum it up, its a filler episode.

So when Hitsugi came in as one of the heroines to save the Player, to me, it didn't feel as much of an emotional pay off as Harriet and Matoi.

Kondibon
Aug 20, 2020, 11:38 PM
Actually, the reason I dislike EP4 are because of its one-dimensional characters, superficial character development, awful twist villain at the last minute, and feeling severely disconnected from the main overarching plot.

To sum it up, its a filler episode.

So when Hitsugi came in as one of the heroines to save the Player, to me, it didn't feel as much of an emotional pay off as Harriet and Matoi.I mean, episode 4 is still the worst episode, I just think people come down too hard on it. It's supposed to be an intermission/filler, but I appreciate Hitsugi being there because I like her specifically, and I feel like she as a character works in this case, regardless of what was going on around her.

loafhero
Aug 21, 2020, 08:23 AM
I mean, episode 4 is still the worst episode, I just think people come down too hard on it. It's supposed to be an intermission/filler, but I appreciate Hitsugi being there because I like her specifically, and I feel like she as a character works in this case, regardless of what was going on around her.

If that's what you feel, then sure. More power to you ^^

Meteor Weapon
Aug 21, 2020, 08:44 AM
Why are we still kicking a dead horse lol.

Dark Mits
Aug 21, 2020, 12:50 PM
since translations are out I replayed story quest

Persona mentioned the Primordial Darkness is the antithesis of photoners. It is not born, it is always is. And then there's the whole thing about time traveling back to the moment before Akashic Record is even a thing. Does that mean Primordial Darkness is indeed, a primordial malevelont being, the root of every Profound Darkness that exist throughout the multiverse of phantasy star series instead of something photoners accidentally made or its something akin to Grandfather paradox going around here?Personally, what would be cool for me is the following:
Have a separate universe / dimension where Profound Darkness, Dark Falzes and Darkers are actually the natural inhabitants and "good" guys, and they're being invaded by the Great Light / Photoners and they have to defend themselves.

silo1991
Aug 21, 2020, 01:57 PM
Personally, what would be cool for me is the following:
Have a separate universe / dimension where Profound Darkness, Dark Falzes and Darkers are actually the natural inhabitants and "good" guys, and they're being invaded by the Great Light / Photoners and they have to defend themselves.

since yugioh GX i have been wonder how a world created by forces of darkness would look like , and yes yugioh world was indeed forged by forces of darkness

and yeah despite i hate that anime i liked that thematic

TehCubey
Aug 21, 2020, 02:01 PM
Why are we still kicking a dead horse lol.

Because the western fanbase hates ep 4 so whenever anything related to it comes up, people need to spend time performatively dunking on it to show that they are with the ingroup. It's the pso2 shibboleth. And heavens forbid if you actually like it.

Ransu
Aug 21, 2020, 02:01 PM
I think the issue with Shiva's defeat is that she was a little too invincible and has had bland characterization throughout the story. I think quite a few people grew numb of Shiva. After several chapters of her being smug and infallible, when she finally starts to show some cracks, its a bit too late.]

This right here is the issue with that character. Literally nothing was happening and suddenly she loses because of something we could have done from the very beginning instead of faffing about on Earth.

Cyclon
Aug 21, 2020, 07:24 PM
Well, I liked episode 6, overall. It's not the peak of pso2 writing(which would still be ep 2-3), but there was a lot to enjoy, imo. I actually wish it was a bit longer, which I'm pretty sure is a first.
And now for spoilers.

The ending was... very interesting. In the sense that there was quite a bit of bad as usual, but also a lot of genuine good! The three bossfights were all actually great, we got some pretty nice character moments plus some actually decent fight choreography, boy could the entire story mode have used more of that. Despite the cheesiness, the end credit gave me chills. They managed to make it feel like the end of something big, props to them for that.

... now unfortunately... there's the bad, too. Beyond the fact that they once again try to raise the stakes without having anyone die or at least actually get hurt, they really rushed Shiva's demise, which was simply unsatisfying after all that buildup. Then the literal power of waifus saves us, which, well, is extremely fitting if nothing else, but still not exactly what I'm looking for in a story. Also, we birthed the universe apparently... whatever. More importantly, within the span of a minute the stakes completely flip; Shiva is done, time for a completely new threat... first, why? Shiva is the profound darkness, what came next could easily have been new forms, but also, things feel very... segmented, as a result. Almost none of the final events had anything to do with Ep 6 in particular, which is such a weird choice.
And boy, overall, I don't think I've ever seen a bigger deus ex machina than the entire character of Xion, nor will I ever see one most likely. She died 4 episodes ago, yet is still the key to everything to the very end.

In any case, the gameplay carried this, and I'm glad for that at the very least. Spectacular stuff.

Because the western fanbase hates ep 4 so whenever anything related to it comes up, people need to spend time performatively dunking on it to show that they are with the ingroup. It's the pso2 shibboleth. And heavens forbid if you actually like it.
Considering global just got access to it, don't expect people to quiet down anytime soon. I can't pretend I enjoyed episode 4 myself all that much either, it's the main reason why I skipped on the story mode for roughly three years, and I withstood most of the og matterboard stuff in japanese(which I can't read), so I think that's saying a lot. Still, going through it recently for the sake of it, it did have its moments and I do like some of its characters(as well as violently dislike a few others).

TehCubey
Aug 21, 2020, 07:42 PM
Considering global just got access to it, don't expect people to quiet down anytime soon.

Yeah, I already saw people from the NA servers go "I heard ep 4 was bad so I'll just skip the cutscenes". But I also saw some go "everyone told me ep 4 was bad, but I actually quite liked it".

It'd be better if we allow new players to experience content without any expectations as opposed to priming them. And whether they end up liking it or hating it, that's fine as long as it's their own decision and not because the whole fanbase told them how to react beforehand.

silo1991
Aug 22, 2020, 01:55 AM
after 3 weeks absent of the game because of several crisis in this month , at least i got a temporal modem to play but its not worth for long runs .

[SPOILER-BOX]well to the last chapter: it was epic we saw (at least) many characters again except for Ohza and Marlu , (hell thats gonna be a subject of what happen to them).
the fight with Shiva was tricky specially for her time stop counter which got me in 5 tries and yes i beat Shiva in hardcore first then played easy mode just for unlock the final fight.
i wanted at least Regias to die , he acepted his death since the war against Elder .and in a epiloge story it would fit well a funeral to honor him.
for the majou shoujo scene i liked how Matoi and Harriet go to rescue us (with Hitsugi i was like : girl thats not your family).
the only thing i didnt understood its where Persona and the exFalzes go?.[/SPOILER-BOX]

the conclusion of this season: i liked the whole artistic direction the game took , the luminmechs gave me the witty vibe the series should do .
i liked the villains but it was shame all of them died to fast , also i agree Shiva hold back specially because she hold PD consience , she could summon darkers to swarm the Arks but as we saw in the Armada EQ they got relegated to support the luminmechs , unless the LM materialaze out of nowhere just like with Flo cloning ability .

loafhero
Aug 22, 2020, 02:35 AM
And yes, the lack of big titty Profound Darkness was also a bummer for me.

Personally, what would be cool for me is the following:

PSO2: Shadowbringers.

Become what you must. Become. The Guardian of Darkness.

rokkuman
Aug 28, 2020, 12:02 PM
I know there's a prologue coming, but I doubt it would change anything. How would y'all rank the main story? Mine is: EP2 > EP3 > EP6 > EP4 > EP5 > EP1.

Dark Mits
Aug 28, 2020, 12:44 PM
I know there's a prologue coming, but I doubt it would change anything. How would y'all rank the main story? Mine is: EP2 > EP3 > EP6 > EP4 > EP5 > EP1.I'd go with EP2 > EP1 > EP6 > EP3 > EP4 > EP5. Chapter 5 of EP2 especially has been my favourite part of the entire story.

silo1991
Aug 28, 2020, 02:22 PM
personally from artistic perspective EP2> EP1 > EP3 > = EP6 > EP5 > EP4 (Which im never going to change my opinion about it )

PS: PSO2 TAS its a worthless filth

TehCubey
Aug 28, 2020, 03:35 PM
I know there's a prologue coming, but I doubt it would change anything. How would y'all rank the main story? Mine is: EP2 > EP3 > EP6 > EP4 > EP5 > EP1.

EP 4 > EP 3 > EP 5 > EP 6 ~= EP 1 > EP 2.

Kondibon
Aug 28, 2020, 03:36 PM
As far as the story goes, for me it's Ep2/3 (They blend together so much for me)>Ep5>EP6>EP4>EP1

EP6 is my favorite in terms of actual content and aesthetic though.

EP 4 > EP 3 > EP 5 > EP 6 ~= EP 1 > EP 2.

I'm honestly super curious why episode 4 is your favorite. Or why 2 is your least favorite for that matter.

TehCubey
Aug 28, 2020, 04:03 PM
I'm honestly super curious why episode 4 is your favorite. Or why 2 is your least favorite for that matter.

Episode 4:

It's just a well told self-contained story that still has ties to the rest of the game, and thus a good entry point for new players.
There's some cringe (such as any time Kohri is on screen) but other than that I liked the new characters:
I liked Hitsugi and her growth and relationship with her bro,
I liked Mother and how she was a sympathetic and yet clearly antagonistic character,
Phaleg was fucking amazing, and while kinda stereotypical Ardem was alright too, and another character Enga had a good relationship with.
Both Mom and Deus had great aesthetics as bosses as well.
It's also the first episode when the game was getting good about its cutscene choreography, and you get some really good cutscene fight scenes such as you and Matoi doing the synchronized battle-dance together, Evangelion style.
In terms of subplots, the episode also focuses on entertaining or fun characters while not being afraid to drop the boring, one-note personality ones (Ohza, Marlu, etc).

Episode 2:

My issue is simple - NOTHING HAPPENS. Most of the episode is a total waste of time: you do some exploration around Wopal but find nothing conclusive or nothing that would propel the plot forward. There were only two exceptions, the chapter where you go back in time to rescue Ulc and the finale.
I know the finale is also well liked, but I dislike it for a variety of reasons: 1. way too long. 2. It's built on a stupid premise that the Council of Six, who already knew and trusted you by this point, are suddenly willing to hunt you down for a minor infraction just because Luther told them so. 3. in the end the player character's presence in the whole thing is unnecessary because NPCs solve all the problems between themselves. Even Luther gets rekt by Regius and not by you.
Speaking of which, Echo's role in the finale is offensive to the whole character and makes everything she does in the episode completely pointless. Basically her whole character development is undone and from this point she's only what she was in ep 1, Zeno's useless support waifu whose whole personality and purpose in life revolves around the dude she has a crush on.
Wopal natives are annoying and Cabracan's antics with Echo are cringy and unfunny.
Everyone's favorite space incel Luther has surprisingly little presence even though the episode was supposed to be all about him.
The whole episode is really short content-wise, so much so that the current version slapped Afin's arc here. It was actually from episode 3 though, I know because I was there when it was released, so it doesn't count for ep 2. I'd like ep 2 a little more if that arc took place during it, since it was pretty good (despite having Gettemhart), but it doesn't.

EDIT:
By the way, here is my question about episode 2. When ep 6 concluded, I saw people being disappointed that it felt like "filler" and like there were no stakes because Shiva didn't kill any named characters and Xiao's demise was quickly undone.

But at the same time, ep 2 didn't kill any named characters except Luther either, and in fact two of them came back. So we have a total named character death count of -1, yet I don't see anyone complain about that. Why is that?

Meteor Weapon
Aug 29, 2020, 12:48 AM
All stuff happening in EP2
-Melrondia finally opening up to you after going through the Darker Den
-Afin and Apprentice's arc
-Fourier discovering herself or something
-What was going on Wopal, learning about the origins of its native and what Luther had to do with it
-meeting with Xiao and Ro Kamitsu
-going back in time to save Zeno and Ulc
-while Luther only have a small window with his screentime but it gives a lot of insight who he is, we get to know who Luther is by finding out what he was doing with Xiao's guidance because normal means don't work since everything is under his watch, if that's a load of nothing for you then be our guest i guess.
-in the end what brought him down was his own arrogance believing he had everything under control without doing much against ARKS rebeliion, believing Xion is merely an observer who would do nothing other than giving guidance to the mc. It completely crushed his ego when Xion started to actively go against him, something he believed in his entire lifetime Xion wouldn't do. I'm pretty sure he had zero knowledge about Xiao's existence either until Xiao showed himself, which completely breaks him further about Xion not doing anything actively.

During EP1-2 or even within those 50 years, Regius cant do anything since Luther was the one who saved and hold ARKS as his hostage, if Regius were to suddenly revolt against Luther, Luther would happily yeet ARKS and just wait for another generation of ARKS for him to use to carry out his plans for get Xion, another hundred years would be fine with him as long as he can get what he wants. Luther's plans makes no sense because of his obsession of omniscience, and being Dark Falz. You could say he is the embodiment of the 7th deadly sins known as greed. He does not give a shit about anything except for what he wants until he gets stuck in Double.

"Even Luther gets rekt by Regius and not by you." I dont know why is this even a problem, Regius dealt too much shit with Luther its only fair for him to give the final blow, by giving Luther a big fucking irony in the face of him being a Dark Falz the enemy of ARKS which gives Regius more reason to yeet him right here right now.

IMO, a lot of things do happen in EP2 and EP3 compared to whatever happened in EP4 and EP5, EP4/EP5 is just too self contained for me it got uninteresting at some point.

Episode Oracle kinda expanded and added more things which makes me appreciate EP1 and EP2 more, too bad they kinda dumbed down EP2 Luther climax and leave out Harukotan in the anime

If they ever make Episode:Earth anime and expanded the lore in it, maybe I'd have a better opinion on whatever is happening in EP4.

The scene with Ardem barely had any insight with why he was doing it other than "human evolution is at a sluggish pace for the last hundred years(with zero proof at all humans are devolving or declining in quality) so imma materialize god to reset the universe". Not really an interesting goal imo, I guess I could say the same with any God complex character I guess.

TehCubey
Aug 29, 2020, 11:05 AM
All stuff happening in EP2
-Melrondia finally opening up to you after going through the Darker Den

While nice, that was an extra chapter that takes place after the main storyline.

-Afin and Apprentice's arc

That was episode 3.

-Fourier discovering herself or something

Fourier is another of those pointless one-note characters I don't give a crap about, and neither does the game because it didn't bother to explore her personality, just went "oh she can talk to lilipans somehow".

-What was going on Wopal, learning about the origins of its native and what Luther had to do with it

Once again, inconclusive and while it's a bit of lore, it's nothing that helps propel the plot forward or let us get an advantage over Luther in any way. We only learn he was doing things, but those things have no bearing on what's going on right now.

-meeting with Xiao and Ro Kamitsu
-going back in time to save Zeno and Ulc

Okay, I bunched those two together but other than that, I already said that happens. It's also very important, unlike most of ep 2.

During EP1-2 or even within those 50 years, Regius cant do anything since Luther was the one who saved and hold ARKS as his hostage, if Regius were to suddenly revolt against Luther, Luther would happily yeet ARKS and just wait for another generation of ARKS for him to use to carry out his plans for get Xion, another hundred years would be fine with him as long as he can get what he wants.

Yeah, except in the end... Regius killed Luther anyway. For someone who held ARKS hostage, Luther sure did seem to have a pretty weak grasp on them. It looks like he had some kind of killswitch but only installed it in the researchers he was working with and even if he used another emergency code, Quna could just cancel that one as well.

Just saying, there's no reason why Regius would believe Luther over us especially if he knows that Luther is shady as fuck.

Luther's plans makes no sense because of his obsession of omniscience, and being Dark Falz. You could say he is the embodiment of the 7th deadly sins known as greed. He does not give a shit about anything except for what he wants until he gets stuck in Double.

I didn't say Luther's plans make no sense so I'm not sure why you are bringing it up. But regardless, saying "he's so crazy/obsessed" to explain why his actions make no sense is such lazy storywriting.

"Even Luther gets rekt by Regius and not by you." I dont know why is this even a problem,

The problem is that the player character's presence in the finale is 100% unnecessary. As I mentioned in my post before, the NPCs work everything out between themselves, without your input or influence. All you do is being a passive observer.

If a story (by that I mean the final chapter, not the whole of ep 2) played out the same way with the supposed main character staying home instead of participating, would it be a good story? Personally I think not.

silo1991
Aug 29, 2020, 01:02 PM
If they ever make Episode:Earth anime and expanded the lore in it, maybe I'd have a better opinion on whatever is happening in EP4

knowing that PSO2 will long last for more years , maybe Sega even wants to replicate Nexon bussiness model (that company have many old games which are still alive up today) gives me hope to see EP4 to 6 adapted into an anime

i personally think EP4 must be adapted into an amalgamation of Ezimaruth story arc from PSO2es with Mother as their leader and Ezi domaining the ether and phantoms and of course use this as an oportunity to give the phantoms a freaking redboot to their aesthetics .

but if EP4 its adapted just like it i will be intrigue about how its gonna be executed and EP5 uff definiitely need a lot of add ons specially at the start , hell in my story videos i make up the story up to verun arc with the sectarians element (which surely needs)

i summarize the mentioned arcs, remember active subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fugb2_Gq4M

because who were the villains? , who made Lutz gone mad ? that was ambiguous at the moment and the real enemies werent present up to verun arc and the story simply didnt show Elmir was involve in the mess of Cuent arc.

my point is Cuent arc was very ambiguous

TehCubey
Sep 7, 2020, 03:27 AM
Tidbit from the epilogue:

If I understand correctly*, Casra talks about the power of Photons and how it's not impossible that in the future photon users will come into conflict with one another. He hopes this will not happen but somehow I suspect this might be a clue regarding the identity of enemies in NGS.

* - My Japanese is not the best so I may have missed or misunderstood something.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 7, 2020, 06:07 AM
Since PD is no longer in the equation, civilizations of the universe would probably no longer at risk at heavy usage of photons as in attracting Darkers or manifest a Dark Falz like in the case of Ezimarut's(not sure if they ever did used photons in their tech since I dont know their lore). Not sure if DOLLS are an inside conflict or originated from a civilization that mastered the use of photons in their tech and started using it as a war tool. Since there was nothing holding back everyone from abusing photons, someone came up with the conclusion that the Profound Darkness was a necessity in the balance of the universe and tried to bring it back, not entirely realizing why ARKS sealed it in the first place. Hence the result of that was why we see Dark Falzes existing in IDOLA in the first place, albeit in another faraway place and a long time after NGS.

Just a speculation tho, but that would make a nice plot in bringing back PD.

landman
Sep 7, 2020, 06:57 AM
I have not played idola or pso2es (and can't understand japanese so why bother) but I was expecting idola to take place shortly after PSO2, unless they are freezing and waking up matoi for many centuries and milenia into the future. Also it's not the first time falzes survive the End of the Profound Darkness, chronologically, Phantasy Star 3 takes place 1000 years after Phantasy Star 4, and a falz (or more than one) that left Algol 2000 years ago is still pursuing the escape world ships. That's obviously a plot hole since they didn't even think about the PD when they did PS3, but still some explanation should exist, like maybe falzes can survive, but they can't resurrect.

When I saw the dolls in the trailer I thought they looked like stateria, so basically darker killer golems from the Ancients (PSU), not sure how would that work :wacko:

silo1991
Sep 7, 2020, 08:31 AM
Since PD is no longer in the equation, civilizations of the universe would probably no longer at risk at heavy usage of photons as in attracting Darkers or manifest a Dark Falz like in the case of Ezimarut's(not sure if they ever did used photons in their tech since I dont know their lore). Not sure if DOLLS are an inside conflict or originated from a civilization that mastered the use of photons in their tech and started using it as a war tool. Since there was nothing holding back everyone from abusing photons, someone came up with the conclusion that the Profound Darkness was a necessity in the balance of the universe and tried to bring it back, not entirely realizing why ARKS sealed it in the first place. Hence the result of that was why we see Dark Falzes existing in IDOLA in the first place, albeit in another faraway place and a long time after NGS.

Just a speculation tho, but that would make a nice plot in bringing back PD.

so Matoi , Lisa, Gene and Flammy/Seraphy were frozen for unknown time and how do you explain Luther being in Idola .

also its Idola settle in the same universe as Oracle? im asking because there was a part in which Uly ask if everybody in the stargate are from another world and a Monk mentions only Matoi its an outsider

Alucard V
Sep 7, 2020, 08:45 AM
I don't think you can take much from a mobile game as canon. By that line of thinking you would have to explain Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles being in Idola.

rokkuman
Sep 7, 2020, 11:13 AM
I don't think you can take much from a mobile game as canon. By that line of thinking you would have to explain Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles being in Idola.

I think Matoi could be an exception as she appears in the main story as well.

LinkEP
Sep 7, 2020, 07:46 PM
I think Matoi could be an exception as she appears in the main story as well.
Also Lilipans and Seraphy.
Gene, Quna, and Lisa did reappear in EP1 Epilogue (Rosalinde's Coronation) but it's a "Limited Quest" and not main story quest. Not to mention Wyndis' biography quest is all about her becoming an idol upon meeting with Quna.

Tymek
Sep 8, 2020, 01:06 AM
so Matoi , Lisa, Gene and Flammy/Seraphy were frozen for unknown time and how do you explain Luther being in Idola .

also its Idola settle in the same universe as Oracle? im asking because there was a part in which Uly ask if everybody in the stargate are from another world and a Monk mentions only Matoi its an outsider

How are you talking about the PSO2 characters being "frozen" and then immediately bring up the Star Gate in the next sentence? You've pretty much answered your own question: just like Matoi, Lisa, Gene and Seraphy, Luther was brought to Vandor through the Star Gate in his Omega state. Upon being escorted by Nicole to the remnants of the "Ark" (the Campship wreckage), he regains his memories.

silo1991
Sep 8, 2020, 01:31 AM
How are you talking about the PSO2 characters being "frozen" and then immediately bring up the Star Gate in the next sentence? You've pretty much answered your own question: just like Matoi, Lisa, Gene and Seraphy, Luther was brought to Vandor through the Star Gate in his Omega state. Upon being escorted by Nicole to the remnants of the "Ark" (the Campship wreckage), he regains his memories.

just asking if they are the authentic characters and not ether avatars :P

Meteor Weapon
Sep 8, 2020, 07:40 AM
Star Gate is pretty much like Fate's Servant summoning system, summoning pretty much any heroes from the Akashic Records and what not I guess.