PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Weapon Potentials

StreetFighter2242
Jun 26, 2019, 06:04 PM
I would like discus the effectiveness of weapon potentials and their usefulness in combat.

pso2god
Jun 26, 2019, 08:04 PM
what?

ArcaneTechs
Jun 26, 2019, 08:18 PM
whats there to discuss that isnt already common knowledge to your average player? you +30 a weapon for its Lv3 Potential that is always on dmg & any extra effects it offers, +35 for its SAF and thats it. You decide whether or not that weapon's potential is worth investing into the weapon itself. I mean, its a combination of SSA's and potentials which arent all that hard to figure out. Unless theres a specific weapon with a potential you dont understand, whats not to get from reading its description? If you're asking about weapon meta too i mean its Atra EX = Lightstream>Austere NT

Next time post here because this topic isn't exactly going to be a long fleshed out conversation, theres not much to them
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?213385-Quick-Questions-Come-here-for-quick-answers!

One of the following items may be required for unlocking a potential.

フォトンスフィア | Photon Sphere
フォトンブースター | Photon Booster
ウェポノイドブースター | Weaponoid Booster
アリーナブースター | Arena Booster
クリファドフューズ | Qliphad Fuse

Reilet
Jun 26, 2019, 10:08 PM
It would be more correct to say:

You’re forced to get the weapon’s potential because the game will stop you from grinding your weapon at certain points if you don’t get it (+10, +20, +30)

Because of that, there is no “effectiveness nor usefulness” to really talk about as you’ll have it regardless.

And if it’s about how potentials are different... this game only cares about damage in the end. But that doesn’t stop you from using other stuff.

Kintama
Jun 27, 2019, 02:43 AM
Preeeetty sure OP means to discuss the improved potentials for the oldest 14*s

Still waiting on the numbers over here, also UQ nab is too weak for guruguru farming to be fun in there, i was hoping for a surprise buff just like how they buffed it in episode 5 to introduce slave and nemesis NT but nope, that's a shame.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jun 27, 2019, 03:06 AM
There is one weapon pot I would change. Atra Ex series pot. The part that notes of HP recovery. I never see this part activating at all.
As a Hero , I have resta so yeah. Someone at Sega to change that please to something more useful

ZerotakerZX
Jun 27, 2019, 03:12 AM
There is one weapon pot I would change. Atra Ex series pot. The part that notes of HP recovery. I never see this part activating at all.
As a Hero , I have resta so yeah. Someone at Sega to change that please to something more useful

HP recovery is after effect of it's ironwill-like potential. So you have to nearly die and proc it first, before seeing your HP restored.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jun 27, 2019, 03:14 AM
HP recovery is after effect of it's ironwill-like potential. So you have to nearly die and proc it first, before seeing your HP restored.

What if I do not get hit or nearly die at all ??

Its great in a tight situation but not so when everything is going well

ArcaneTechs
Jun 27, 2019, 03:20 AM

Still waiting on the numbers over here, also UQ nab is too weak for guruguru farming to be fun in there, i was hoping for a surprise buff just like how they buffed it in episode 5 to introduce slave and nemesis NT but nope, that's a shame.

Pretty sure his post was super vague and nobody knows exactly what hes referring to exactly and leave it to 200 IQ Takemi with something pointless

ZerotakerZX
Jun 27, 2019, 03:23 AM
What if I do not get hit or nearly die at all ??

Its great in a tight situation but not so when everything is going well

When everything super well ppl defeat raid bosses with 1* weapons and upload it to niconico, but that' definitely not for everyone.

Anduril
Jun 27, 2019, 08:41 AM

For reference, OP asked "What are Weapon potentials?" in the Quick Questions thread just 10 minutes before making this thread.

UniverseLover
Jun 27, 2019, 09:34 AM

I see this happen when two potentials active at once. For example, if you're running Iron Will with an Atlas Ex, if Iron Will procs I don't seem to get a heal. If Iron WIll happens to not proc, I get healed. Since Hero has Hero Will, it seems to be the same situation. Works great on classes that don't have an Iron Will-esque skill.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jun 27, 2019, 09:52 AM
I think its better that I re-phrase it.

Its good to have the healing part cause some can use it. Since ultimate booster why not make a second pot for Atra EX down the line then we can switch as we need.

milranduil
Jun 27, 2019, 11:53 AM
I see this happen when two potentials active at once. For example, if you're running Iron Will with an Atlas Ex, if Iron Will procs I don't seem to get a heal. If Iron WIll happens to not proc, I get healed. Since Hero has Hero Will, it seems to be the same situation. Works great on classes that don't have an Iron Will-esque skill.

it only heals you when the weapon's "will" procs. not iron will or hero will. the weapon's "will" + heal is once per quest, together.

ZerotakerZX
Jun 27, 2019, 01:09 PM
I think its better that I re-phrase it.

Its good to have the healing part cause some can use it. Since ultimate booster why not make a second pot for Atra EX down the line then we can switch as we need.

Cause weapons gets alternate pots only after it's outdated at least one star behind.

Kintama
Jun 27, 2019, 01:53 PM
For reference, OP asked "What are Weapon potentials?" in the Quick Questions thread just 10 minutes before making this thread.

I didn't have this info, i was wrong my bad.