PDA

View Full Version : Item drop rate

Lothario
May 1, 2003, 07:34 PM
I officially believe that the game exists to spite me. At level 136 my main weapons are H&S25 Justice, Dragon Slayer, and a Red Handgun. I can't seem to find anything, which is of course a kick in the pants, so I was wondering if there was something about the item drop rate that I was missing. What the crap can I do to maybe get something else that isn't a basic rare? (Okay, so Red Handgun isn't, but I found about 8 of those, and since only one helps at a time...) Any suggestions?

hypn0t1c
May 1, 2003, 08:08 PM
What ID are you?? I'm 105 with Redria and I've found several really good rares (God/Battle, God/Body, Demo Comet, Stag Cutlery, etc.)

Gregg
May 1, 2003, 08:11 PM
Well, first, what section ID are you? Check the item findings guide to see what your ID can find. For example, check the rare enemies. Pal rappy, Pouilly slime, mil lilly etc. and check what they drop for you. Then you enter the quest where you find most of the enemy (for example, do the fake in yellow for pals in ult.) and find a room with many el rappies and begin telepiping until you find a rare enemy (in this case, pal rappy) and pray that you get the good drop.

Anyway, you may already know all this, and basically all that helps is real life luck. Hunting rare enemies is at least the most effective way I know to find good items. =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gregg on 2003-05-01 18:12 ]</font>

Lothario
May 2, 2003, 05:45 AM
Okay, here's the problem though. I currently have a level 136 Yellowboze HUcaseal, 118 Oran FOmar, and an 87 Redria FOmar. When I'm talking equipment, I mean for my Hunter... so anyway, all together those three characters combined I have over 600 hours. I have managed to find som okay stuff (Hunter equipment: Dragon Slayer, Red Handgun, now L&K14, Guard Wave, God/Arm, Elf/Arm++, God/Battle, Elf/Arm++, Kasami Bracer, and then my mag) This is all good and great and all, except maybe for the weapons, but most of it was found by someone that wasn't me. Out of all those characters I haven't FOUND anything worth mentioning. I usually do Ult. Ruins runs for the fun of it and I usually find a DB's Sword on the way through, but 20 of those don't really help. Is this all I can do? Play a lot and praya lot? This game exists to spite me...

Gregg
May 2, 2003, 07:11 AM
I'd say you'll probably have more luck at finding cool items trying to find rare monsters in vhard and ultimate instead of just running ult ruins, but maybe I'm wrong...

Lothario
May 2, 2003, 01:42 PM
I guess that could very well be. I suppose now I just need to find a good monster to pipe for. Maybe I'll go for a Demolition Comet or something.

hypn0t1c
May 2, 2003, 03:47 PM
Greg's right. Find out what the rare mobs drop for your ID and then find out what quests they appear a lot in, and then pipe for awhile. Or if it's ep. 2 just do a lot of runs through.

ex
May 2, 2003, 04:30 PM
if you have online, just join some games that arent your ids, and maybe youll be lucky enough to grab different rares.

Lothario
May 2, 2003, 06:31 PM
Good grief I wish I had online, but I am not so fortunate. Today I finally grabbed an item I had been doing Ult. Ruins runs for: the Spread Needle. This thing used to be the stuff back on the Dreamcast, and now it is grade-A suck. Twice now I have found an item I wanted only to find it sucked..... Sheesh. Oh, by the way, I found out what I could find from rare monsters at PSO for Grownups, and unfortuntaley I can't really find anything good, except the kind of stuff that wouldn't drop (Frozen Shooter? Gimme a break) or else wouldn't be usable until about 30 levels, and for those of you higher than 100 (myself being 136) you know how long it takes to level up.

Rlolar
May 4, 2003, 11:32 PM
On 2003-05-02 14:30, ex wrote:
if you have online, just join some games that arent your ids, and maybe youll be lucky enough to grab different rares.

I am VERY annoyed with my semi noob state - I have been playing this game since the Dreamcast and I had NO idea that whoever starts the game is the ID used throughout the game!!! Lol

I thought it was whoever killed the monster/opened the box that THEIR ID determined the drop.

So, if you play split screen multiplayer offline, whose ID determines the games ID...the first player?

Rlolar

Goza
May 5, 2003, 07:31 AM
Correct.