Maulcun
Oct 7, 2019, 11:18 AM
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr9KWde-VLA&feature=youtu.be&rel=0

Site
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20191002/

XrosBlader821
Oct 7, 2019, 11:35 AM
Shoutouts to that once Force party member who always died in 1 hit during dragon rematch.
Glad thats not a thing anymore.

Matoi revival is gonna drain all my SG

ArcaneTechs
Oct 7, 2019, 02:59 PM
Shoutouts to that once Force party member who always died in 1 hit during dragon rematch.
Glad thats not a thing anymore.

Matoi revival is gonna drain all my SG

all they did was take out the difficulty from the Quest, gotta cater to casuals I guess. 15* Tact is hype though

XrosBlader821
Oct 7, 2019, 03:19 PM
all they did was take out the difficulty from the Quest, gotta cater to casuals I guess. 15* Tact is hype though

The challenge was gone the moment Enchanted Forest Free field released and every class had access to -40% damage taken Pot. After that it was just tedious to deal with lazy party members.

Dark Mits
Oct 7, 2019, 04:24 PM
I died all 3 times during my first run of Dragon Rematch back when it was released. I never joined again until I had full Lightstream equipment. Funnily enough, my survivability barely increased 10% with an extra 5 levels, 300ish HP and 300ish DEF. But I was better at evading.

Off topic, but this is one of my beefs with the game. We experience massive powercreep with new equipment with regards to our damage output, we're possibly at 10x or higher damage output than when EP5 was released, but our survivability has barely increased. Enemy mobs in Naberius SH can still kill you if you go afk for 20-30seconds, which... should not be the case. Dragon Atrum still deals 600-700 damage with tail sweep, which is barely an improvement over 800ish at the start of EP5. There is no part of the game where we can say "Hm, I need more HP / DEF to be able to complete this, or to be more efficient". Anything that pins the player at a position either gives superarmor, or it is intentionally designed to be a case of "get lucky or better at predicting where the enemy will hit". Even for Hero which is the only class so far where it has been suggested to get HP due to Hero Boost, the correct answer is to "just evade better".

Hoping that the Etoile class will come along with content where DEF stats will play an important role alongside active evasion.

silo1991
Oct 7, 2019, 04:53 PM
i defeated the dragon rematch 3 months ago as a Te/Hu it was funny how i buffed ocassionally while i was hitting hard

oh boy i better get SG now

also nobody its gonna talk about how in the new UQ Volt Op its back ?

ArcaneTechs
Oct 7, 2019, 05:01 PM
The challenge was gone the moment Enchanted Forest Free field released and every class had access to -40% damage taken Pot. After that it was just tedious to deal with lazy party members.

even with the release of those weapons I never saw people using them in rematch and not only that they werent worth making just like that one ice series for solo PD wasnt worth making either.

I died all 3 times during my first run of Dragon Rematch back when it was released. I never joined again until I had full Lightstream equipment. Funnily enough, my survivability barely increased 10% with an extra 5 levels, 300ish HP and 300ish DEF. But I was better at evading.

at this point its skill and boss memorization, you shouldnt have needed a full set of Lightstream just to be able to survive in that old quest with all the power creep we've gotten

Off topic, but this is one of my beefs with the game. We experience massive powercreep with new equipment with regards to our damage output, we're possibly at 10x or higher damage output than when EP5 was released, but our survivability has barely increased. Enemy mobs in Naberius SH can still kill you if you go afk for 20-30seconds, which... should not be the case.

Survivalbility has gone up over time though, Units, affixing etc just because we're in UH doesn't mean SH mobs should be hitting 1's either

Dragon Atrum still deals 600-700 damage with tail sweep, which is barely an improvement over 800ish at the start of EP5. There is no part of the game where we can say "Hm, I need more HP / DEF to be able to complete this, or to be more efficient". Anything that pins the player at a position either gives superarmor, or it is intentionally designed to be a case of "get lucky or better at predicting where the enemy will hit"

so do you expect the damage to drop from 800 to 100? why even have a harder rematch fight if the boss is going to hit like air. Still boss memorization and just anticipation of attacks has always been a thing and something people dont bother to learn. Hunar's AoE attack being a prime target since for some reason people still die to this in 2019, people who have been here for years

Even for Hero which is the only class so far where it has been suggested to get HP due to Hero Boost, the correct answer is to "just evade better".

Well Hero Boost issue has been basically fixed, you're still suppose to be countering attacks in general because its free boss punish damage and general DPS upkeep and now gives you back 10% HB if you're still recovering. Hero Counter exist for a reason, you don't face tank or just act reckless as Hero either

Hoping that the Etoile class will come along with content where DEF stats will play an important role alongside active evasion.

It's a literal Def class, what more do you want? play Hu if you really dont want to die, even Summoner is still immortal.

Dark Mits
Oct 7, 2019, 05:28 PM
Survivalbility has gone up over time though, Units, affixing etc just because we're in UH doesn't mean SH mobs should be hitting 1's eitherYes, it has gone up. Disproportionally low compared to our offensive capabilities though. As I mentioned in the other thread, since 2012 our dps has increased by a factor of 10^5, our HP just a bit over 10. Then again, our PP has increased by... 1.5?

so do you expect the damage to drop from 800 to 100? why even have a harder rematch fight if the boss is going to hit like air. Still boss memorization and just anticipation of attacks has always been a thing and something people dont bother to learn. Hunar's AoE attack being a prime target since for some reason people still die to this in 2019, people who have been here for yearsActually yes. I would expect that a full defensive build would drop enemy damage significantly. But it should grant the opportunity to use these long-animation PA/ long-casting Techs for damage which should be almost equal to a glass cannon. This would open up more interesting builds and metas, where a player can either go glass cannon full dps, or tank that can take a beating instead of having to evade all the time and wait for an opening. Imagine if you can keep a charged Ilfoie without having to dodge, or be able to fully unleash Nazonde without fearing that you'll die in melee range, or even be able to unleash a fully charge Namegid. (yes, I know that Charge Escape is a thing). Or even be able to "tank" these pewpews in Armada that kill whoever is in front after every wave (if they don't evade).

Or a new concept, a class which has weapon gear increase based on incoming damage. A class that plays the opposite of the rest, which has to try to get hit by enemies instead of evade all the time.

Well Hero Boost issue has been basically fixed, you're still suppose to be countering attacks in general because its free boss punish damage and general DPS upkeep and now gives you back 10% HB if you're still recovering. Hero Counter exist for a reason, you don't face tank or just act reckless as Hero eitherYep. So even for Hero, HP or DEF is pretty much useless.

It's a literal Def class, what more do you want? play Hu if you really dont want to die, even Summoner is still immortal.Oh, I will be playing it! Defensive support class that complements existing support abilities? The only thing that will annoy me is only initially when everyone and their grandmas will be Etoile, and therefore support abilities will not stack.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 7, 2019, 08:42 PM
Yes, it has gone up. Disproportionally low compared to our offensive capabilities though. As I mentioned in the other thread, since 2012 our dps has increased by a factor of 10^5, our HP just a bit over 10. Then again, our PP has increased by... 1.5?

all i can say is that doing 6s affixing has jumped me to at least a standard 1300-1550 HP range and around 190-220 pp range. im not sure where people are struggling I guess if theyre just doing budget builds.

Actually yes. I would expect that a full defensive build would drop enemy damage significantly. But it should grant the opportunity to use these long-animation PA/ long-casting Techs for damage which should be almost equal to a glass cannon. This would open up more interesting builds and metas, where a player can either go glass cannon full dps, or tank that can take a beating instead of having to evade all the time and wait for an opening.

everytime I read something like this, I get the idea the individual is just too lazy or refuses to learn boss pattern to evade/counter and would rather just no brain smash buttons no matter how much damage they keep taking. I can understand Tanking in this game which obviously Hunter being the better one to do it with a higher damage output than Te/Hu can do but Sega's still almost made tanking or just general face tanking builds not nearly as good as it could be.

Imagine if you can keep a charged Ilfoie without having to dodge, or be able to fully unleash Nazonde without fearing that you'll die in melee range, or even be able to unleash a fully charge Namegid. (yes, I know that Charge Escape is a thing). Or even be able to "tank" these pewpews in Armada that kill whoever is in front after every wave (if they don't evade).

the issue is that youre talking about your general MMO Magic classes that have always been high attack but low defense, as nice as it would be to have those things it would defeat the purpose of these classes and at that point you might as well be playing a variant of a Paladin or Magic Knight. Also those techs (while I know you used in example) are pretty mediocre in general.

Or a new concept, a class which has weapon gear increase based on incoming damage. A class that plays the opposite of the rest, which has to try to get hit by enemies instead of evade all the time.

I've given thoughts about this type of class to be something but having to rely on something to continuously hit you to get powered up isnt feasible with a damage upkeep over time. Niche play but not a bad idea

Yep. So even for Hero, HP or DEF is pretty much useless.

They're not useless when trying to upkeep Hero Boost, ya you can be a bit more reckless, make a couple of more mistakes but resetting HB to 0% is not helpful whatsoever. So yes, you still need to get good with this class to stay on top

Oh, I will be playing it! Defensive support class that complements existing support abilities? The only thing that will annoy me is only initially when everyone and their grandmas will be Etoile, and therefore support abilities will not stack.

Usual thing for new class but it'll drop off over time, abilities stacking would be great, doubtful it'll be there but upkeep is great if people are timing it right

XrosBlader821
Oct 8, 2019, 02:01 AM
even with the release of those weapons I never saw people using them in rematch and not only that they werent worth making just like that one ice series for solo PD wasnt worth making either.

Not everyone has a cookie cutter mentality in this community and when talking about Fo/Te who die in one hit from anything the Dragon does, yes its worth getting a Weapon with -40% damage taken. It's either re-affix your units (or affix them at all I guess) vs just slap a cheap tradeable weapon together and be done with it.

diamondx
Oct 8, 2019, 02:25 AM
what is the story on the new 15* tact yall?

ArcaneTechs
Oct 8, 2019, 03:44 AM
Not everyone has a cookie cutter mentality in this community and when talking about Fo/Te who die in one hit from anything the Dragon does, yes its worth getting a Weapon with -40% damage taken. It's either re-affix your units (or affix them at all I guess) vs just slap a cheap tradeable weapon together and be done with it.

There are casuals who want cookie cutter playstyles so dont play it off that theres a minority for it

I ran Fo/Te as much as i did Hero during Dragon rematch, never ran into the issue if being shotted there and i if i recall correctly that series came out a bit late into dragons lifespan

what is the story on the new 15* tact yall?

Nothing besides it being new

Altiea
Oct 8, 2019, 04:03 AM
Bummer the Atlas Ex Takt is basically dead on arrival.

Increase Power by 6%. Your Pet can survive one fatal attack with 1 HP. Your Pet restores HP at regular intervals afterwards.

Kondibon
Oct 8, 2019, 04:29 AM
A raw 6% damage increase with no requirements is pretty big. Every tact that beats it has some sort of requirement. Also that "pet can survive one fatal attack" depends on whether or not switching pets resets it unlike the player version, though I doubt it. Might be nice for Redran or Aero though.

XrosBlader821
Oct 8, 2019, 05:49 AM
There are casuals who want cookie cutter playstyles so dont play it off that theres a minority for it
I never said those people are a minority but whatever makes your argument more relevant i guess.

I ran Fo/Te as much as i did Hero during Dragon rematch, never ran into the issue if being shotted there and i if i recall correctly that series came out a bit late into dragons lifespan

"I had no issues as so why would people who aren't me have issue?"
What applies to you doesn't apply to everyone, hun.

Bummer the Atlas Ex Takt is basically dead on arrival.

Its a pretty good alternative for people who don't use LS takt or farm Ceres Takt.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 8, 2019, 12:04 PM
I never said those people are a minority but whatever makes your argument more relevant i guess.

"I had no issues as so why would people who aren't me have issue?"
What applies to you doesn't apply to everyone, hun.

Its a pretty good alternative for people who don't use LS takt or farm Ceres Takt.

What else can i say then besides get good?

Zephyrion
Oct 8, 2019, 12:19 PM
Yes, it has gone up. Disproportionally low compared to our offensive capabilities though. As I mentioned in the other thread, since 2012 our dps has increased by a factor of 10^5, our HP just a bit over 10. Then again, our PP has increased by... 1.5?

Actually yes. I would expect that a full defensive build would drop enemy damage significantly. But it should grant the opportunity to use these long-animation PA/ long-casting Techs for damage which should be almost equal to a glass cannon. This would open up more interesting builds and metas, where a player can either go glass cannon full dps, or tank that can take a beating instead of having to evade all the time and wait for an opening. Imagine if you can keep a charged Ilfoie without having to dodge, or be able to fully unleash Nazonde without fearing that you'll die in melee range, or even be able to unleash a fully charge Namegid. (yes, I know that Charge Escape is a thing). Or even be able to "tank" these pewpews in Armada that kill whoever is in front after every wave (if they don't evade).

Those dilemmas and playstyle all exist within SU, just I guess nobody bothers with it.
- Can either go glass cannon, but require careful HP management to avoid your pet from dying from dear master procs, or be more balanced/tanky to freely unleash offensive PAs without needing much micro-management
- The buffs to Alter ego and Dear master were made to let you be able to use stuff like Aero Spiral or Redran Burst very freely due to the MH/damage reduction effect for as long as it's active, without beign completely free of charge either due to damage transfer.
- Actively getting in damage's way is Marron's entire schtick, hence why it's so fun. you actively need to optimize getting hit to get him to level 2 or max ASAP.

Yep. So even for Hero, HP or DEF is pretty much useless.

HP is still very useful to have on Hero. You still don't want to be reset by a random spit coming from the back and whatnot. Most dedicated Heroes get at least 1400HP and some go to the 1500-1600 mile which is already a fair bit of HP. as Kril said Hero wasn't designed with tanking in mind anyway but it doesn't mean HP is irrelevant to the class.
DEF being irrelevant is a stat problem. the extra DEF you can get from mag or affixes just doesn't amount to much (the bulk coming from unit stats) and DEF only start having an impact by overloading the numbers (similarly to how extra ATK from affixes doesn't provide a huge up), so unless we somehow get access to ways to increase DEF in a major way, it will remain a "side" stat at most.

Kondibon
Oct 8, 2019, 04:37 PM
Those dilemmas and playstyle all exist within SU, just I guess nobody bothers with it.
- Can either go glass cannon, but require careful HP management to avoid your pet from dying from dear master procs, or be more balanced/tanky to freely unleash offensive PAs without needing much micro-management I disagree. Going glass cannon actually makes it EASIER to avoid KOing your pet with dear master because dear master procs only do up to as much damage to your pet as you had hp remaining, not how much damage you took. This means as long as you have less hp remaining than your pet then dear master won't ever KO your pet. The only time I ever have a pet KO'd by dear master is if the pet gets bursted down with so much damage it would have likely gone down anyway.

Altiea
Oct 10, 2019, 05:54 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/24931/

According to SEGA, Atlas Takt doesn't require a Chronos Stone. So it's alright, I guess.

silo1991
Oct 10, 2019, 08:23 AM

According to SEGA, Atlas Takt doesn't require a Chronos Stone. So it's alright, I guess.

what...... , good i builded the lumiere takt

Zulastar
Oct 10, 2019, 10:03 AM

When I recycle unaffixed Elveda units (include 7s ones) after storing it about a half of the year - they anonce it's upgrade to 13* with S-abilities.
When I recycle several dropped Jutus tacts 'cause I didn't need them - they anonced I can have an extra Atlas I could use...
Just fuck SEGA... good job!

Terrence
Oct 10, 2019, 10:50 AM
When I recycle unaffixed Elveda units (include 7s ones) after storing it about a half of the year - they anonce it's upgrade to 13* with S-abilities.
When I recycle several dropped Jutus tacts 'cause I didn't need them - they anonced I can have an extra Atlas I could use...

Excuse me but... Did a guy from SEGA connected to your account to delete those weapons/units himself ? With all due respect, I think it's a little too easy to blame them just because you unfortunately did a spring cleaning at the bad time. But of course, I'm sorry for your loss.

Zulastar
Oct 10, 2019, 12:35 PM
Excuse me but... Did a guy from SEGA connected to your account to delete those weapons/units himself ? With all due respect, I think it's a little too easy to blame them just because you unfortunately did a spring cleaning at the bad time. But of course, I'm sorry for your loss.

You're speaking noncence. I blame fcuking SEGA politics made outdated items top ones. And I did a spring cleaning suprisingly in a spring when I got all 3 sets of Lightstream affixed.

I'm just mad about some players like me hardly getting Bode set and spent tousands of milions to affix it then twice hardly getting Lightstream and twice much to affix it while other fucks just easily got Elveda, affix it once and they're top now just for nothing 'cause SEGA want to!

ArcaneTechs
Oct 10, 2019, 12:37 PM

Doesnt matter, its highly likely theyll throw Jutus and Lumiere into Dragon UH while simultaneously releasing another LQ for Atra Ex materials along with another dumb quest link bonus tied to it. The only thing you should be mad about is having to run boring content over and over

Dark Mits
Oct 10, 2019, 03:32 PM
There is some advice for stuff like this:

If you pay a lot for something, either in ingame currency or actual time, keep it. If you do that to a large number of items/objects/services etc., keep the ones standing out the most. I still have my Zeinesis equipment, my 12* Tagami units, and my first 15* Atlas Ex weapon, exactly because I spent a lot of effort to get them to their current condition.

At the same time, equipment gets updated and switched all the time in video games like this. Schvelle units are currently up there with Lightstream. Who knows, maybe in a couple months we'll get 13* Tagami upgrades. Or 13* upgrades to the Whitill units. Or 13* Austere, or Phobos, or Bode, or Zara etc. Or again something entirely new like Novel. If you are going to try to predict stuff so that you are slightly ahead of the curve, you will only manage to burn yourself out or to demolish your own fun when you're wrong. Just ignore it and play as normally. You are not missing out on anything.

silo1991
Oct 10, 2019, 03:42 PM
There is some advice for stuff like this:

If you pay a lot for something, either in ingame currency or actual time, keep it. If you do that to a large number of items/objects/services etc., keep the ones standing out the most. I still have my Zeinesis equipment, my 12* Tagami units, and my first 15* Atlas Ex weapon, exactly because I spent a lot of effort to get them to their current condition.

At the same time, equipment gets updated and switched all the time in video games like this. Schvelle units are currently up there with Lightstream. Who knows, maybe in a couple months we'll get 13* Tagami upgrades. Or 13* upgrades to the Whitill units. Or 13* Austere, or Phobos, or Bode, or Zara etc. Or again something entirely new like Novel. If you are going to try to predict stuff so that you are slightly ahead of the curve, you will only manage to burn yourself out or to demolish your own fun when you're wrong. Just ignore it and play as normally. You are not missing out on anything.

who knows maybe we will get dim armors (upgrade from union set) , i been taking cautions and not dumb my armors so fast

Zulastar
Oct 10, 2019, 04:56 PM
Keep any piece of shit I got and be curious which one SEGA decide to make golden next? No thanks.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 10, 2019, 05:08 PM
Keep any piece of shit I got and be curious which one SEGA decide to make golden next? No thanks.

Buy a new character and use them as storage, doesnt hurt to be a pack rat man, otherwise ya, its up to sega to make this choice. Pretty much go with what Darkmits said and just hoard the hard to get/time consuming stuff. I kept one of each Jutus weapon after the New Years LQ and it payed off because i already had one of each Schvelle weapon made in time for when they gave out more Chronos Stones. Never hurts to be prepared

Zulastar
Oct 10, 2019, 05:43 PM
Buy a new character

Nah. If I don't see Lightstream units upgrade anonce in next two month (till my Prem ends) I'll just quit playing.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 10, 2019, 06:14 PM
Nah. If I don't see Lightstream units upgrade anonce in next two month (till my Prem ends) I'll just quit playing.

Uhh i dont see the logic in this but okay, i mean its not likely to happen at all and we still newer 13*units releasing next year so i dont see a reason to quit. Id suggest taking a break.

If youre one of those people who affixed during the last two 15% weeks i can see your anger (but the issue is the 13* unit release was predictable for months) but i wouldnt expect a 13* LS upgrade unless a lot of people get Segas attention to do so

XrosBlader821
Oct 10, 2019, 06:25 PM

Why would they upgrade those?
Austere didn't get an upgrade during EP4
Qliphad didn't get an upgrade during EP5
Lightstream won't get an upgrade during EP6 as well.

We knew Evleda Units were meant to receive upgrades for over a year (It was even a meme that they take so long to come out) and even before the mildly disappointing Claesis upgrade came out Yosk confirmed in a interview that Schvelle Units were on their way.

Zulastar
Oct 11, 2019, 10:45 AM
As I already said - thats not fair to these, who spent on Bode and Lightstream sets compared to these, who laid low and stayed at Elveda for all this time, feels like a real spit on the face.
I can accept this upgrade to same existed level with stats better than Lightstream, but making it undisputed top in one moment and without any price... I just don't want to play this shit anymore.

XrosBlader821
Oct 11, 2019, 12:12 PM
As I already said - thats not fair to these, who spent on Bode and Lightstream sets compared to these, who laid low and stayed at Elveda for all this time, feels like a real spit on the face.
I can accept this upgrade to same existed level with stats better than Lightstream, but making it undisputed top in one moment and without any price... I just don't want to play this shit anymore.

but its not undisputed top?

Kondibon
Oct 11, 2019, 12:21 PM

You could have just held on to the elveda units, you didn't have to USE them.
Also they aren't undisputed top, they have more def than LS and can use s-class abilities, but they're 3 pp short, and most of the s6-8 abilities available aren't ground breaking right now. Heck, I'd argue that they're dead end units right now, because they're unlikely to get anymore upgrades, and better 13* units will come out eventually. The only way I could see your lightstream units being a waste is if you invested into them after the announcement of 13* units, but that would just be poor planning on your part, not sega's fault.

EDIT: Actually no, I take that back, SEGA is terrible and wronged you. You should quit.

Dark Mits
Oct 11, 2019, 01:31 PM
Didn't we use Schvelle together with Demon weapon and Jutus to get a Lumiere? So maybe we get Lumiere units... And then Atlas Ex units!

Kondibon
Oct 11, 2019, 01:35 PM
Didn't we use Schvelle together with Demon weapon and Jutus to get a Lumiere? So maybe we get Lumiere units... And then Atlas Ex units!
Don't jinx it. But I was going to hold on to them for that anyway. Let's just say there's a reason I didn't bother mentioning that. :wacko:

silo1991
Oct 11, 2019, 01:57 PM
screw this im gonna jinx too : you know what its gonna be funny , the 16* LS and atlas EX version might requare an austere weapon as material >:D

Zulastar
Oct 11, 2019, 02:31 PM
Well nobody didn't understood what I'm talking about. I just discribe it in my examle:

1 I spent about 1 month of tries get Bode set.
2 I spent about 200 millions to affix it.
3 I spent about 1.5 month to get Lightstream set.
4 I spent about 400 milIions to affix it.
5 And now I need to get Elveda leg somewhere and spend another 300 millions to affixes regardless of which 13* units I'll get.

Or I just could:

1 Keep best Elveda which dropped by several pieces from each EQ.
2 Spend 400 milions for a better affixes.
3 Wait till now with them having a little DPS/HP/PP loss.

Now you're understand this situation's unfairness to these people who like me took 1st route instead of 2nd? Or still don't?

Kondibon
Oct 11, 2019, 03:06 PM
Well nobody didn't understood what I'm talking about. I just discribe it in my examle:

5 And now I need to get Elveda leg somewhere and spend another 300 millions to affixes regardless of which 13* units I'll get.

Or I just could:

Now you're understand this situation's unfairness to these people who like me took 1st route instead of 2nd? Or still don't?No, I still don't get it because your entire argument is based around the idea that you're the only one who had units better than Elveda, or that you somehow didn't get any value out of your better units between when you got them and now. If you're going to complain whenever upgrades start coming out maybe don't go all in on every new thing as soon as it comes out. Instead of dumping all your meseta into Schevelle units, just wait for the next endgame unit set or some actual good SSAs.

Also, if you're spending that much on affixes, maybe don't bother, or get better at affixing. It's really hard to feel sympathetic when you're basically complaining that you got to have better gear than some people ahead of time. Sure people who used Elveda through all of episode 5 would have spent less resources than you, but they also would have been weaker the entire time. It's perfectly fair. You spent more so you were stronger, they spent less so they were weaker.

Reilet
Oct 11, 2019, 03:31 PM
Meanwhile, here i sit with no celestial unit drops, and never getting a 14 star to drop until they became the new 10 star. I haven't even got a 15 star to drop yet.

Dark Mits
Oct 11, 2019, 03:38 PM
I also had trashed my Evleda unit set. I am not even going to actively hunt it by farming Buster Quest to buy each piece for 700 Buster Medals. I'll keep using my LS units. It doesn't matter in the long run. Assuming equal skill, Evleda increases your performance by what, 0.05%?

Kondibon
Oct 11, 2019, 03:56 PM
The trick is to just keep 1 of every 12* unit you get, like I did. :wacko:

Will_2_Power
Oct 11, 2019, 04:02 PM
Honestly, it's not even worth getting and affixing 13* Schvelle units if you already have an affixed LS set at the moment; it's a waste of time getting them (if you don't already have the mats to trade for them) and Meseta. They will be outclassed by new 13* units.

I mean... VERY SOON (mid October) Sega's already going to be releasing more 13* units (Novel Series)... and there will inevitably be even MORE 13* units coming out down the road before this episode is over which some of them WILL outclass Schvelle.

The best thing to do is to just be patient and WAIT for the 13* unit set that WILL come at the end of the episode and then affix those (unless there're absolutely game-changing/essential S6-S8 unit abilities that come out that you have to get). This way you'll save Meseta and save yourself from burning out from trying to get and affix every little new shiny thing that comes out.

The only thing I can think of that warrants affixing new units asap is if you run Endless/UH-Solo-Content/Triggers with the intention of getting record-breaking scores/times.... and then possibly post a video of it somewhere (but that's only if there're absolutely logical justifications for doing so, e.g. essential unit S-abilities/stats/etc.).

Zulastar
Oct 11, 2019, 04:18 PM
I mean... VERY SOON (mid October) Sega's already going to be releasing more 13* units (Novel Series)... and there will inevitably be even MORE 13* units coming out down the road before this episode is over which some of them WILL outclass Schvelle.

It's a good news but it doesn't cancel the useless money spent on Bode and Lighstream while Elveda could be used with no care till this moment...

Kondibon
Oct 11, 2019, 04:22 PM
It's a good news but it doesn't cancel the useless money spent on Bode and Lighstream while Elveda could be used with no care till this moment...But, the benefit you got out of it was higher stats than people using Elveda for the entire time since you got them until now... If you don't think it was worth it at the time why did you do it?

Zulastar
Oct 11, 2019, 04:30 PM
If you don't think it was worth it at the time why did you do it?

'Cause I didn't thought about SEGA will made this shitty upgrade movement: made shtty 12* top 13*
I expected it stay on a par with top 12* but not much better than it when decide which set to affix: Elveda or Bode

Kondibon
Oct 11, 2019, 04:40 PM
'Cause I didn't thought about SEGA will made this shitty upgrade movement: made shtty 12* top 13*
I expected it stay on a par with top 12* but not much better than it when decide which set to affix: Elveda or BodeThey aren't even top tier, stop acting like they are. They're most likely dead-end units that'll be outdated in a few months.

Flaoc
Oct 11, 2019, 05:24 PM
i mean schvelle is the best unit set right at the current moment.. at least it will be when uq comes out because novel isnt better.. 180 hp 3 pp 40 atk and schvelle is basically lightstream with ssa which all the good ones are coming with 4 man uq

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 11, 2019, 05:30 PM
The trick is to just keep 1 of every 12* unit you get, like I did. :wacko:

Oh you do that too?

I kept every evleda I found that had a sentence affix for... reasons.

i mean schvelle is the best unit set right at the current moment.. at least it will be when uq comes out because novel isnt better.. 180 hp 3 pp 40 atk and schvelle is basically lightstream with ssa which all the good ones are coming with 4 man uq

That's the novel 13* stats? I forgot, that was datamined weeks ago?

Flaoc
Oct 11, 2019, 05:57 PM
Oh you do that too?

I kept every evleda I found that had a sentence affix for... reasons.

That's the novel 13* stats? I forgot, that was datamined weeks ago?

cant datamine unit stats but it was seen on a live stream and thats how people figured out schvelles unit stats before release and novel was seen in the same stream

XrosBlader821
Oct 11, 2019, 06:13 PM

Or I just could:

Now you're understand this situation's unfairness to these people who like me took 1st route instead of 2nd? Or still don't?

damn dude it took you only 1.5 months for a LS unit set? this makes your argument even weaker dude. Yosk said in an interview that LS will remain the top Weapon and Unit series till the end of 2019 so you had almost a year of the best Unit set in the game and it's probably wont be worth it for you to upgrade your Units till the EP6 finale.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 11, 2019, 06:20 PM

Theyre utility at best with few exceptions and even with the new SSA's, its still not a mandatory reason to jump to Schvelle until better units are released. The smart thing to do would be to buy good SSA's and sit on them until better units are out. Do whatever you want tho, ill be waiting for ppl to whine about schvelle getting put out of power

XrosBlader821
Oct 11, 2019, 06:28 PM
Theyre utility at best with few exceptions and even with the new SSA's, its still not a mandatory reason to jump to Schvelle until better units are released. The smart thing to do would be to buy good SSA's and sit on them until better units are out. Do whatever you want tho, ill be waiting for ppl to whine about schvelle getting put out of power

updating your unit sets more than once per episode is top meme anyway lol. I fell for it with Bode, not doing that shit again.

Digital Satyr
Oct 11, 2019, 07:24 PM
I expected it stay on a par with top 12* but not much better than it when decide which set to affix: Elveda or Bode

Why not just spend less on affixes then if it's costing you too much? You can do something like apprentice soul, persona reverie, atk IV, and elegant atk and you'll have 155 atk with 4s for less than 2 million per unit, and you can spend a little more if you want to add some hp or pp. With the 15% boost you can even realistically make 8s units and fill it with cheaper affixes to have good atk, hp, and pp for main units.

It's also a great way to affix weapons; using cheaper affixes allowed me to affordably make multiple weapons for every class and let's you keep up with a the new weapons that come out, and they are not that far off from using the most expensive affixes in most situations.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 11, 2019, 09:41 PM
updating your unit sets more than once per episode is top meme anyway lol. I fell for it with Bode, not doing that shit again.

ya i agree, definitely didnt jump off bode/izane until LS was a thing

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 11, 2019, 11:04 PM
ya i agree, definitely didnt jump off bode/izane until LS was a thing

People upgraded from bode before LS? With what? I don't remember anything else being worth the effort.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 11, 2019, 11:16 PM
People upgraded from bode before LS? With what? I don't remember anything else being worth the effort.

???????

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 11, 2019, 11:56 PM
???????

Yeah, I mostly ignored anything between bode and lightstream because they weren't balanced stats, or end of episode units. Seems like it was the right call.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 12, 2019, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I mostly ignored anything between bode and lightstream because they weren't balanced stats, or end of episode units. Seems like it was the right call.

oh no this was my fault, i missed the sarcasm in your post lol

oratank
Oct 12, 2019, 01:59 AM
don't know why people still butthurt for spend several hundred million on affix days this happened like everyear when the boost ended there you go they introduce a new tier stuff

echofaith
Oct 12, 2019, 02:13 AM
I used my old EP 3 Austere and Double Sets with any random 12* unit to fill 3rd piece until LS and Rappy Shine came. Every other 12* was weaker than those set effects stat wise, so their main appeal was the ring slot, which got even less appealing with certain skills turning into innates(step jump, ja step and such). Some classes would have benefited a lot from the extra rings like Fi, but other classes didnt need as many, so an upgrade wasnt needed.

The current 13* units dont feel stronger than LS and the current SSA dont feel good enough to warrant an upgrade. Maybe at the end of Ep 6 I may change units, but I see myself using my current gear for a while :p

Kondibon
Oct 12, 2019, 02:55 AM

The thing is Schevelle is probably a dead end. The first generation of a new tier of rarity is never really worth it in the long run, and most of the good SSAs don't even seem to be out yet anyway. Like Kril said, they're mostly utility right now, and the utility isn't really worth going hard on affixes off of boost week for.

TheFanaticViper
Oct 12, 2019, 07:56 AM
The thing is Schevelle is probably a dead end. The first generation of a new tier of rarity is never really worth it in the long run
It was true for the first generation of 12s unit, but they was trash compare to top 11s unit. This time Schevelle is very close to LS, just 3 pp away. So who knows, Schevelle could remain the best 13s for a long time, and we will get a bunch of 13s units just for SSA farm. Look at Austere set, the best unit of ep 3, how many 12s unit beat Austere bonus stat ? the answer is pretty simple, the combination of 2 LS, and nothing else, so a long await of 2 epidode xD.

Zephyrion
Oct 12, 2019, 08:11 AM
It was true for the first generation of 12s unit, but they was trash compare to top 11s unit. This time Schevelle is very close to LS, just 3 pp away. So who knows, Schevelle could remain the best 13s for a long time, and we will get a bunch of 13s units just for SSA farm. Look at Austere set, the best unit of ep 3, how many 12s unit beat Austere bonus stat ? the answer is pretty simple, the combination of 2 LS, and nothing else, so a long await of 2 epidode xD.

bigger point is we have to wait for actual relevant SSAs to come out to be true. right now you could literally run two LS and one Schvelle for the one SSA you might need and you're good. So far most of the options look like souped down utility rings, so unless SEGA decides to amp it up real quick and release insane SSAs in the next few months, LS still got a decent life ahead for a good while

Kondibon
Oct 12, 2019, 08:59 AM
It was true for the first generation of 12s unit, but they was trash compare to top 11s unit.That had more to do with set effects and crafting than the innate stats of the units, and even then it was basically just that you could get a lot of PP.

Flaoc
Oct 12, 2019, 10:13 AM
That had more to do with set effects and crafting than the innate stats of the units, and even then it was basically just that you could get a lot of PP.

was moreso that austere 11* had really stupid good stats (because of said set bonuses mentioned) but you could still use a 12* leg with it but then all these good rings came out so we had to settle with a bit less on stats just for the qol the cookie cutter 3 rings provided. austere provided more than just pp in this case since its hp was also superior until izane

Zorak000
Oct 12, 2019, 12:04 PM
the thing here is that Novelle series items all extremely look like they are going to upgrade into an "unsealed" form eventually; not to mention the existence of Dim series weapons as recolors of Ray weapons is making me wonder where the Dim units are, and once that happens, they oughta upgrade too eventually?

all said and done I kinda wish they made all of the normal item abilities transfer with 100% success under less strict conditions, like they can leave ability synthesis like it is, maybe open it up more to Weird Science and let us manually create more abilities from component abilities; but once we make the good stuff moving them to new gear is waaaay too big of a pain in the butt for how quickly they've been releasing new, relevant units anymore

Karen Erra
Oct 12, 2019, 12:31 PM
Didn't we get info on the upcoming 13* Schvelle units on a livestream or something before they were released?
Then everyone who really wanted to get some, could've gotten Evleda Units and Cleasis Boosters to trade for Schvelle Boosters
with 7th Anniversary Badges. That's what I did at least and I don't think there was any way of missing a chance to
grab the ingredients for Schvelle units besides not playing the revival of the 7th Anniversary event, like at all.

Makes sense that people complain about the shitty old units getting upgraded even though the materials were widely available
up until 1 week before release or so.
Aside of that, I don't think they are really better than Lightstream. I made a set for one of my other characters, and sure it's nice,
but really, there's no really good S-Abilities for them right now, so I wouldn't call them a must-have.

Meanwhile, here i sit with no celestial unit drops, and never getting a 14 star to drop until they became the new 10 star. I haven't even got a 15 star to drop yet.

At least you can get Celestial units relatively easy now as long as you have enough Erebos stones. ;-) Pretty sure there's people out there too,
who complain that they had to find them as drop and Sega now added them in a trade.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 12, 2019, 06:22 PM
Didn't we get info on the upcoming 13* Schvelle units on a livestream or something before they were released?
Then everyone who really wanted to get some, could've gotten Evleda Units and Cleasis Boosters to trade for Schvelle Boosters
with 7th Anniversary Badges. That's what I did at least and I don't think there was any way of missing a chance to
grab the ingredients for Schvelle units besides not playing the revival of the 7th Anniversary event, like at all.

Makes sense that people complain about the shitty old units getting upgraded even though the materials were widely available
up until 1 week before release or so.
Aside of that, I don't think they are really better than Lightstream. I made a set for one of my other characters, and sure it's nice,
but really, there's no really good S-Abilities for them right now, so I wouldn't call them a must-have.

At least you can get Celestial units relatively easy now as long as you have enough Erebos stones. ;-) Pretty sure there's people out there too,
who complain that they had to find them as drop and Sega now added them in a trade.

well given Sega said they wouldnt do it and knowing Sega being Sega and in general Cleasis weps upgrading into Schvelle along with I think a 13* unit teaser (or rather an obvious upgrade Sega was going to do anyways. I mean the only people who should be upset are the ones who affixed the last two 15% weeks but technically they shouldnt be since again, no reason to jump to Schvelle even if good SSA's were out, you'd still have something almost on par with Lightstream only to get put down in the tiers with newer units later.

and yes, since Sega has no content to release they've been constantly giving people ample time and ways to get materials for Evleda/Cleases/Schvell attainability and Atra Ex/Lightstream materials like crazy that for some reason people still "struggle" through.

Shear
Oct 15, 2019, 04:38 AM
At least you can get Celestial units relatively easy now as long as you have enough Erebos stones. ;-) Pretty sure there's people out there too, who complain that they had to find them as drop and Sega now added them in a trade.
... Wait they can be traded now? Because I never got one to drop even once. SWEET! ... Is what i would say but I kinda already have the new 13* since I had most of the stuff ready and available and I gave up on getting them. Just need some 35 Schvelle Booster for the full set. Well at least it's an Option, maybe they get an upgrade too one day?

TakemiShinnosuke
Oct 16, 2019, 08:37 AM
AH dunk, I just afixed my LS units and this オルゲイグラッジ during boost week and now sega releases a new defense unit 13* ( knew this earlier from the live stream ) which basically makes my affixes look laughable.Yeah the new units have S6 7 and 8 my old ones do not... zzzzz.TIME TO FARM AGAIN... then when we are bsuy farming , a 2nd set of 13* units will pop in...

Shear
Oct 16, 2019, 04:13 PM
AH dunk, I just afixed my LS units and this オルゲイグラッジ during boost week and now sega releases a new defense unit 13* ( knew this earlier from the live stream ) which basically makes my affixes look laughable.Yeah the new units have S6 7 and 8 my old ones do not... zzzzz.TIME TO FARM AGAIN... then when we are bsuy farming , a 2nd set of 13* units will pop in...
Unless you already have some capsules of the good stuff don't bother. Right now the Schwelle Units are weaker LS Units. Granted this will change once we have S-Transfer Trash and have access to the good S-Skills but that's off a few months I believe. Right now it's nothing to go crazy about though these are nice for people like me who never got a single Unit drop and already had Evleda Units with Upgrade Mats.
On a side note the Novel Units can be safely skipped unless you have a hard on for giant HP Numbers though they might have a use for S-Transfer at least.
:EDIT: In case you want to know: Novel Units 180 HP, Lousy 3 PP, 40 Attack stats and the highest defence for a unit at the moment. Oh and a S Slot of course. Not exactly impressive for a brand new Unit from my view if I'm honest.