PDA

View Full Version : Worse moments of PSO2.

StreetFighter2242
Oct 14, 2019, 01:23 PM
I was wondering what were people's worse moments were while playing PSO2...

Anduril
Oct 14, 2019, 01:35 PM
inb4 silo1991 saying "the entirety of Episode 4."

Gameplay-wise, to me it was the early days of Buster Quests; that was poorly planned out.
Non-gameplay, it was definitely the DDoS attack of 2014; that left so many people needing to use a VPN/proxy for years and created such paranoia of IP bans, though I am glad that I lucked out and had no problems connecting normally.

the_importer_
Oct 14, 2019, 01:40 PM

Failing a unit affix even when you have 90% rate of success or higher I think is what people would say including myself. In addition, for me personally, Episode 5.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 14, 2019, 01:41 PM
Having to spend a few hours collecting 99 Darker Cores EACH time to unlock either Fighter, Gunner or Techer during Episode 1

oh ya, it was never a personal issue for me back in the day because i cleared it fast enough but the Par Times they put on quests in order for you to S rank it or in general have it cleared for a CO. Pretty much almost had to be a speed runner or at least learn the quest to get through it quick but they removed those TA times on every quest for just overall clear via kills to get S rank

Anduril
Oct 14, 2019, 01:45 PM
Having to spend a few hours collecting 99 Darker Cores EACH time to unlock either Fighter, Gunner or Techer during Episode 1

Oh god, I completely blocked out how much of a pain unlocking things was in Episode 1.

Dark Mits
Oct 14, 2019, 02:16 PM
I do not have any overly negative memories of the game... I'd say the "worst" parts have been trying and failing to get a full 12man team mpa, and then have people leave because they aren't willing to wait for more people to login, or because tmpas are slower than average expert groups and "my buffs are more worth than playing with people I know".

The rest are the typical affixing fails that drop you down to 4slot when attempting to reach 8slot, grinding OT 13* failing and losing 3 grind levels... but these were at worst annoyances.

Maybe the "bank is full" syndrome is the worst thing happening to me currently?

Poyonche
Oct 14, 2019, 02:18 PM
All the failed runs in the early TDs because people ignored infection core or left towers all by their selves. (Spoiler : people still do this in BQ :wacko: )

Well, I actually liked how challenging those quests were, but it was also quite frustrating lol.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 14, 2019, 02:51 PM
Affixing.
When I needed a proxy to get on.
Forgetting an email.
Affixing.
Playing Bo early ep3.
OT grinding.
The dark days before multi affix search in the player shops.
Affixing.

XrosBlader821
Oct 14, 2019, 03:08 PM
That one time a 99% affix failed thrice in a row.
There is a reason I don't do affixes that aren't 100% anymore.

Zorak000
Oct 14, 2019, 03:30 PM
watching a friend burn out extremely hard, to the point of actively hating the game, because they couldn't get a hold of a Guild Milla back during episode 2 (the drop rate on elder 11*s was better once they released super hard elder, as well as letting them drop in some of the mining bases)

DrCatco
Oct 14, 2019, 03:46 PM
OT grinding.
The dark days before multi affix search in the player shops.
Affixing.

Also, the days when your fodders had to have the same number of affixes as your weapon or unit.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 14, 2019, 03:47 PM
watching a friend burn out extremely hard, to the point of actively hating the game, because they couldn't get a hold of a Guild Milla back during episode 2 (the drop rate on elder 11*s was better once they released super hard elder, as well as letting them drop in some of the mining bases)

Ah the days of single-run-EQ-only super-duper rare weapons. Just had to make do with visophone-ing + AQing your way to weapons you could realistically earn.

Will_2_Power
Oct 14, 2019, 04:08 PM
Aside from the bs affix fails...

I suppose TD3 salt back in the day 'cause of leechers, poor AIS management, ungrinded weaps, yadda-yadda-yadda....

TheFanaticViper
Oct 14, 2019, 04:11 PM
The absolute pain of Matter Board completion :D

Shoterxx
Oct 14, 2019, 04:12 PM
RNG mechanics in general.

And to be honest, the story, IMO.

the_importer_
Oct 14, 2019, 04:34 PM
The absolute pain of Matter Board completion :D

I actually miss that. It gave more purpose to the story mode.

silo1991
Oct 14, 2019, 04:38 PM

the armors rewards was good back then , now im sure soon im gonna need materials for my 4th character armor

also IMO TD3 its still hard even on today standarts , more than TD4

and what piss me off beside EP4 it self its the negligence on gear quality , i always find people who are one shot all the time and die many times in a round .

hell even when i play as a FO/TE (i know i shouldnt be hit) i need 2 hits to die and a hunter with full HP die in 1 shot WTH and my armors are not the great marvel , it just have 4 effects the 2 key ones are stamina 3 and all resist 3

Zulastar
Oct 14, 2019, 05:20 PM
630 after long run of Free field right before a Boss fight
630 in EQ right after Boss's death - no loot and no rematch either...
Las Vegas Free field

Ahri
Oct 14, 2019, 05:23 PM
My worst moment is join in that NA team.

wahahaha
Oct 14, 2019, 05:45 PM
13* weapons being released early
Episode 2 balance
Episode 3 in general, boots were a mistake
Episode 4 story, eqs
Episode 5 legacy babies being mutilated by sega
Episode 6 lmao no content to shit on

SolRiver
Oct 14, 2019, 06:33 PM
When I realized JP ninjas wont let me play pvp, and im reduced to point collecting bot.
https://media.giphy.com/media/l0Iy3ubhZKW2lu2m4/giphy.gif
(https://media.giphy.com/media/l0Iy3ubhZKW2lu2m4/giphy.gif)

ArcaneTechs
Oct 14, 2019, 07:14 PM
My worst moment is join in that NA team.

why, they're not a bad team

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 14, 2019, 07:39 PM

I don't. "Progressing" through the story through matter board item pickups between yellow nodes (which could mean serious amounts of time between major plot points) made the story delivery feel so damn disjointed, many conversations can be percieved as having 0 relevance outside of themselves after 30min-1hour or more time from the last one you saw.

Even simple things like Sara telling the player to wait a safe distance away because of someone causing destruction was hard to figure out. I just assumed it was Maria. It wasn't until they streamlined the story events like 2 years ago I realized she was following around Claris Claes.

Matter board made EP1 make even less sense, and most encounters with characters to me became "why should I care about anything you're saying?" or "why am I doing this?" or "why am I here?". Why else would they make the individual matter boards in EP2-3 smaller than EP1 on average? They knew it was horrible.

Matter board was so bad, it turned me off of the story, and I only did it because it was something to do, and there was free stuff. I passively understood what was going on, but the leadups to every event through EP1 was vague at best.

Anyway, point is, matter board was a shit vehicle for story delivery, a huge waste of time, tedious, and good riddance. Fuck matter board.

Jesus I almost forgot I had such a hatred for that crap because its something I did my best not to think about for so long.

I guess that is one of my worst moments in PSO2; EP1 matter board: A long tedious slog of me doing random shit, having random conversations, and then suddenly dark falz elder. Why the lilipans? Why the artifacts? Why do I care about putting them together? Why is Xion giving me cryptic metaphors like Vulcan Raven from MGS? Why am I getting attacked by purple sword easy man? Why did council of 6 members give a damn about who the hell the player was before elder broke loose?

Dark Mits
Oct 15, 2019, 12:40 AM
I am on the other side of the fence... I considered Matterboard to be a better and more involving way to tell the story. It required us to go in the "world" and kill stuff or explore areas to progress, whereas the current mode is just... click and collect your reward. Not to mention that the branching story paths (or alternate timelines?) were one of the major reasons that I got hooked to PSO2. I also enjoyed "meeting" with other important NPCs on the fields and have them say their part whether it was Katori's advertising of Bouncer and her getting dragged by Saga, or Patty trying to lay useless information and Tea losing a bit more of what hope she had left for her, etc. Nowadays the Substory system has replaced these cutscenes, but significantly reduced to a static background with characters watching to the player.

Saffran
Oct 15, 2019, 06:20 AM
The Matterboard system actually made sense. I don't care much for the new streamlined versions.

The worst moments I lived in the game were all related to affixing. Grinding was also a chore but I distinctly remember the let-down when a particuliarly important affix just failed and several months of hunting just vanished into nothingness.

Kondibon
Oct 15, 2019, 07:19 AM
While I liked meeting the npcs on the field, don't even try to pretend the matterboard wasn't mostly busy work to pad out the story. The fact that the story is just a bunch of cutscenes without it says a lot about the game's poor story pacing and lack of engaging story gameplay than anything about the matterboards being good. Most of the things people seem to be saying they "like" about the matter board aren't even things that require the matter board. You can have a game story that involves going out and doing stuff more, and more in-depth cutscenes, without making the majority of the stuff you do "kill x mob for a useless drop". The matter board was a slog and I would actually rather have nothing in this case.

XrosBlader821
Oct 15, 2019, 08:08 AM
Matterboards were such a chore that I couldn't blame anyone for not wanting to deal with the Story content of PSO2.
A better system in their place was long overdue by the time Story Board became a thing.

AlphaBlob
Oct 15, 2019, 05:44 PM
Setting an alarm at 3am to do a GGG trigger MPA and get no Saiki unit >:(

Ahri
Oct 15, 2019, 08:30 PM
why, they're not a bad team

The team already had something of a bad reputation and they had warned me, I will not say names but there was a "agent-parakeet" that looked like a crybaby for some Burn Dral triggers and he had a great drama for it :lol:

ArcaneTechs
Oct 15, 2019, 09:42 PM
The team already had something of a bad reputation and they had warned me, I will not say names but there was a "agent-parakeet" that looked like a crybaby for some Burn Dral triggers and he had a great drama for it :lol:

its okay, i asked around and got a different story but i aint starting anything with anyone so leaving it at that. Was just curious, thats all

wefwq
Oct 16, 2019, 05:21 AM
Each EP have their own share.
EP1:
Mindless cave grinds, OT weapon grinds & daily TA.

EP2:
Early days of each TD quests.

EP3:
Running around trying to organize GGG trigger parties or trying to join one during EP3 is really exhausting, still remember that I have to wake up around 4AM couple of times to do it.
Early days of Magatsu raid & those locked UQ rooms.

And then there's DDoS week, completely ruined my holiday.

XrosBlader821
Oct 16, 2019, 07:49 AM
And then there's DDoS week, completely ruined my holiday.

Completely killed the team i was in. This was before Discord was a thing so we couldn't stay in contact at all.

Flaoc
Oct 16, 2019, 08:02 AM

imagine being this petty and making shit up to seem worse than they are congratulations you earned a ...

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/l3HMALfodb8/hqdefault.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kazzi
Oct 16, 2019, 08:30 AM
Episode 1: the grind in general. Unlocking fi/gu/te used to be awful because the best form of exp was pse bursts during the city EQ. At least we got to listen to all the stages of music for elder. The early matterboard was torture. Block 20.

Episode 2: IP bans, ddos attacks, balance issues, hope you like 630 because that's all you're gonna see, no real source of income, your whole mpa wiping to Loser because the one guy with his pb up didn't bring any moons. Garbage rng.

Episode 3: terrible mpas letting magatsu reach the door. Terrible mpas who didn't defend the towers in td3. Hot wheels EQ. Farming 13* drops because lol profound darkness only. Jet boots before getting fixed. "Braver is broken, better nerf gunner to fix it". Farming for Saiki unit drops.

Episode 4: having to listen to the las Vegas theme for 8 hours at a time while you farmed for the 13* collection files (BE WHAT YOU WANNA BE, BE WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE). Garbage ass story and eqs. Star gem scratch before they added recycle. Layering wear inflating clothing prices due to being one use tickets. Deus esca boss. Everyone was a Pokemon trainer spamming sally. Farming AQ for exp. The anime shitting on the glorious final of episode 3.

Episode 5: fuck episode 5 it was so garbage they made a formal apology for it.

Episode 6: what content lol

Zorak000
Oct 16, 2019, 10:25 AM
matterboards would be a neat idea for a single player game; at least if it's framed as a meta-narrative surrounding video game speed-running tactics. you're finding the items just to manipulate RNG to cause seemingly unrelated event flags to go off, guiding causality to whatever endpoint the strange all-knowing being has designed

silo1991
Oct 16, 2019, 10:38 AM
Episode 4: having to listen to the las Vegas theme for 8 hours at a time while you farmed for the 13* collection files (BE WHAT YOU WANNA BE, BE WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE). Garbage ass story and eqs. Star gem scratch before they added recycle. Layering wear inflating clothing prices due to being one use tickets. Deus esca boss. Everyone was a Pokemon trainer spamming sally. Farming AQ for exp. The anime shitting on the glorious final of episode 3.

Episode 5: fuck episode 5 it was so garbage they made a formal apology for it.

Episode 6: what content lol

the riding quest should be deleted , im sure nobody will miss them

EP5: like we would say in Mexico : they put the batteries on when Omega Loser came out , before that we had 4 month of hiatus without anything new outside of fashion stuff

the drop that spilled the glass was when they release the LQ that was a lineal BQ ( which in in the FQs BTW) and the valentine EQ which they didnt even bother on change the enemies , it was the exact same as EP4 had

Will_2_Power
Oct 16, 2019, 11:00 AM
Oh yeah....

LA weapon switch jump dash cancelling with twin daggers for "fast" traveling...

Also back in the day there was....

The Good Client

The Bad Client

and

The God Client

...which was ridiculous

Edit:

Grammar

Sirius-91
Oct 16, 2019, 12:48 PM
Drama.

Every single bit of drama. Some people naturally attract terrible people who are psychopaths, others don't even know what kind of bullshit they're spewing.

As part of the Arks-Layer translation team, I have encountered every bit of drama that is absolutely absurd. I acknowledge that most of it stems from Aida, but it trickles down the pipe to others.

I don't know what it is about the overall community, but since PSO2, we've lost that friendliness from the portable days, and it's saddened me.

TheFr0stByte
Oct 16, 2019, 01:39 PM
I've played on and off for years. Since episode 2-3. Always a casual, even now I'm only level 50-something. I wouldn't know where to start as far as playing the game "the right way" goes. For me the worst part was easily the era before the Tweaker was optimized. I remember getting home, playing for like an hour only to realize it was maintenance day, so I would stay up all night for the sole purpose of starting the patch as soon as it was over so I could play when I got home from school the following day. I do kind of want to come back to JP but with the announcement of PSO2W I'm perfectly content chilling on Blue Burst until Spring. I got the jist of 2. Once EVERYTHING is in English I'll take that deep dive.

Tymek
Oct 16, 2019, 01:57 PM
Drama.

Every single bit of drama. Some people naturally attract terrible people who are psychopaths, others don't even know what kind of bullshit they're spewing.

As part of the Arks-Layer translation team, I have encountered every bit of drama that is absolutely absurd. I acknowledge that most of it stems from Aida, but it trickles down the pipe to others.

I don't know what it is about the overall community, but since PSO2, we've lost that friendliness from the portable days, and it's saddened me.

It's sad to see how many people have changed for the worse since the old Universe and Portable days (and even the PSO/PSOBB days for some!). Compare the things they say and the posts they make to those from days gone by, and it is simply staggering.

Tunga
Oct 16, 2019, 02:31 PM
Community wise the elitism, toxicity and drama over insignificant things. Gameplay wise the affix system in general and back when 13* grinding was yknow...
Bonus: Heavily recycled content

StreetFighter2242
Oct 16, 2019, 02:47 PM
Drama.

Most of it stems from Aida?

StreetFighter2242
Oct 16, 2019, 02:48 PM
It's sad to see how many people have changed for the worse since the old Universe and Portable days (and even the PSO/PSOBB days for some!). Compare the things they say and the posts they make to those from days gone by, and it is simply staggering.

Must be a power rush type of thing?

Flaoc
Oct 16, 2019, 03:01 PM
Most of it stems from Aida?

i could slip a dm of what they did.. its heavily censored here by them. if you want ofc

XrosBlader821
Oct 16, 2019, 03:08 PM
i could slip a dm of what they did.. its heavily censored here by them. if you want ofc

I'd be interested as well.
~~
I wasn't around during the PSP times but I do remember that the community here was much stronger around EP2~3 times.

Ryna
Oct 16, 2019, 03:28 PM
Worst Moments:
1. Watching old friends that I had known since the PSO days permanently retire.
2. Receiving news over the summer that one of those friends had died in real life.
3. Getting up at 4 am to participate in EQs and usually getting absolutely nothing for it.

StreetFighter2242
Oct 16, 2019, 04:16 PM

Sure thing.

Ahri
Oct 16, 2019, 04:59 PM
imagine being this petty and making shit up to seem worse than they are congratulations you earned a ...

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/l3HMALfodb8/hqdefault.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Oc dude now back and you fkn hole how good crybaby.

And another thing, I don't come to throw shit, I just come to say what was the worst for my experience, let's see if now you can maturate some (?)

Kazzi
Oct 16, 2019, 05:04 PM
I'm sorry....

Stop double posting with two word comments just reply to all of them at once. You're not even contributing anything to the thread. If you're that hungry for drama go sit in the blocks before an eq.

Kondibon
Oct 16, 2019, 05:35 PM
My worst moment was joining PSO-W now that I think about it.

jooozek
Oct 16, 2019, 07:12 PM
pso2 coming to west

echofaith
Oct 16, 2019, 07:19 PM
I really havent had a bad moment. I started between October-November 2015, so the game prolly got many QOL changes by then. The meta was to farm Ares stones from Ultimate at 70+ and then PD/xmas EQ a few months until Austere(almost non existent RNG basically). I could play 1-2 hours tops per day and I could grind all my gear while still having enough for fashion. To be fair though, there wasnt that much gear needed then; used a crafted red weapon until Ares, and craft any units with a set effects.

My old team leader had her moments, but overall she wasnt too bad and the team was fun and helped newbies. I still hang with many players from there. No big drama as far as I remember. The game is not as exciting as it was when I started, but considering I been playing all days since then, I say it has been quite a good ride :p

ArcaneTechs
Oct 16, 2019, 11:59 PM
Oc dude now back and you fkn hole how good crybaby.

And another thing, I don't come to throw shit, I just come to say what was the worst for my experience, let's see if now you can maturate some (?)

just stop while you're ahead

Stop double posting with two word comments just reply to all of them at once. You're not even contributing anything to the thread. If you're that hungry for drama go sit in the blocks before an eq.

relax

pso2 coming to west

going to be a sort of wild ride on release, mass hysteria about IP blocks again, shenanigans etc

Ahri
Oct 17, 2019, 03:39 AM
just stop while you're ahead

Ok, I'll leave the "parakeet-crybaby" that got into the hole again next to his footman

GHNeko
Oct 17, 2019, 03:47 AM
farming a weapon for 2 weeks straight to the point of severe sleep deprivation and isolating myself from family and friends

which i dropped

afffixed

and then 3 months later 15* weapons were announced

XrosBlader821
Oct 17, 2019, 03:56 AM
farming a weapon for 2 weeks straight to the point of severe sleep deprivation and isolating myself from family and friends

which i dropped

afffixed

Was that Zirenheit-NT or a different weapon. I remember you farming a shit-ton to get it.

GHNeko
Oct 17, 2019, 06:19 AM
Was that Zirenheit-NT or a different weapon. I remember you farming a shit-ton to get it.

it indeed was zirenheit nt

that piece of shit weapon

SteveCZ
Oct 18, 2019, 12:18 AM

which i dropped

afffixed

I second thisss

ArcaneTechs
Oct 18, 2019, 12:55 AM

which i dropped

afffixed

is it bad i got 2 on initial release, threw one away because i hated JB's at the time? and left the other to rot in storage thinking id use the SAF but never did, forever +4

GHNeko
Oct 18, 2019, 01:55 AM
is it bad i got 2 on initial release, threw one away because i hated JB's at the time? and left the other to rot in storage thinking id use the SAF but never did, forever +4

the weapon sucks and the saf is only useful for JB/DB in a practical sense so no you good homie

despite me saying this, i've used the saf in all 6 of my rainbow DBs so l;skdfjlskdfjslkdjghs;dlfgasj

Mystil
Oct 20, 2019, 02:28 PM
My worst moment was joining PSO-W now that I think about it.

Used to be much much worse. These times are very tame compared to PSO/PSU heyday.

StreetFighter2242
Oct 20, 2019, 02:38 PM
Actually My worse moment might be discovering Phantasy Star exists as a whole...

Akero
Nov 1, 2019, 11:06 AM
Worse moments, reintroducing this dragon EQ is rage inducing.
Every goddamned rematch I get on expert mode, there's one idiot that takes the sword and spams normal attacks after I break the blue spots.
I have to wait for his timer to run out or if he's crap at blocking, wait for his HP to reach 0 and camp the spot where the sword would spawn.
It's almost 2020, at least learn to charge the damned PA.

rokkuman
Nov 1, 2019, 12:05 PM
EP5's lack of content and generic themes

silo1991
Nov 1, 2019, 03:01 PM
EP5's lack of content and generic themes

the fact i know the attack of clones will never be a reality in BQ and TD EQs ):

Mega Ultra Chicken
Nov 7, 2019, 08:11 PM
I'd have to say...

Targeting the wrong arms on Elder, the goddamn DDOS attack and resulting ISP blocks, TD2 fails (TD3 was harder but TD2 just snowballed out of control the moment that wall broke,) the community moralizing skill in a video game, early Hero, the community getting ridiculously mad about Summoner because it doesn't look "badass" enough, losing my friggin mind over expert matching insecurity, and accidentally deleting an important Atlas EX ingredient.

Tigy
Nov 8, 2019, 06:55 AM
nvm..

Strages
Nov 9, 2019, 10:09 AM
Hi.

Mine is not being able to play the game on launch.