PDA

View Full Version : A Sympathetic Question

Lieutenant
May 1, 2003, 08:31 PM
Just wondering if anyone felt sorry for the monsters have killed? Me I don't don't shoot screw em all:ak:!

Note: This is just a friendly poll no need to get ticked off. :/

CakeMan
May 1, 2003, 09:23 PM
I felt sorry for them at first but then a rappy killed me and i lost it.

Sheik1
May 1, 2003, 10:51 PM
I'm sorry, but I feel no problem there...they are created to kill. They are spawned to kill. The only thing that really should not be killed is the Egg Rappy, St. Rappy, and Love Rappy. They are just too cute and the only reason to kill one is to get them to give up someting you reallllllly want...does egg sound familiar?

ophiel
May 1, 2003, 11:19 PM
I voted that I felt sorry for some of them.
Take the rappies for example. They arent particularly menacing, and Old School Phantasy Star players have been conditioned to feel sorry for them. (ie: their involvement in one of the Later PS4 quests where they have been hopelessly pitted against the group [armed with legendary swords, rocket launchers, and that bad ass spell legion no less.] by an animal rights activist) And their just really cute. You never actually kill them, and they dont want to be killed..

They get up and run away. Scared for their lives.
And were supposed to blast them from behind while their running so we can get "phat loot." I dunno. I know its a game. I just feel bad blasting rappies. So I let them run away. Hopefully theyll nurse their wounds, and eventually return to their normal happy, crop eating rappy lives.

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 66 fomar.
[mars army]
-lafayette division leader-
[echelon]

ABDUR101
May 1, 2003, 11:32 PM
I get off by hearing pixels and polygons initiate sound files through coding...expecially horrendous screaming ones.

Nerd
May 1, 2003, 11:34 PM
I only feel sorry for pan arms, i mean come on, it specifically joins together to try to S-L-O-W-L-Y turn and defecate and/or urinate on you... then it sadly mourns its partner when one half falls in battle. That is just depressing...

ABDUR101
May 1, 2003, 11:43 PM
On 2003-05-01 21:34, Nerd wrote:
I only feel sorry for pan arms, i mean come on, it specifically joins together to try to S-L-O-W-L-Y turn and defecate and/or urinate on you... then it sadly mourns its partner when one half falls in battle. That is just depressing...

Thats why you nab them when they're together...but then it never stopped me, soooo. =x

CakeMan
May 1, 2003, 11:51 PM
don't feel bad for rappys they live forever.... They get there ass whooped but they never die...=)

silvermax
May 2, 2003, 12:33 AM
meh. the only time i ever felt really bad for killing somthing was on Yoshi's story for N64, i beet it once and could never touch it again cause i hated when i screwed up and let one of those cute little guys die http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif the black one was my fave,

PSO monsters just dont have the charm that the little yoshis have

Cross_Winder
May 2, 2003, 08:52 AM
i h8 pan arms they always split wen their life is low damn it gets on my nerves it really ticks me off grr if u kill them while thier still whole theres a 75% chance u will get a rare item but hey keep splitting so ive only been able to get a magic rock moola on very hard off 1 of these things

Vanango
May 2, 2003, 11:57 AM
On 2003-05-01 22:33, silvermax wrote:
meh. the only time i ever felt really bad for killing somthing was on Yoshi's story for N64, i beet it once and could never touch it again cause i hated when i screwed up and let one of those cute little guys die http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif the black one was my fave,

PSO monsters just dont have the charm that the little yoshis have

aww!! that was the cutest thing ever!! *huggle wuggle squishies you* cooo!!!

I'm at the point in the game where I don't even think about what I'm doing. It's true, I'm desensitized. I felt bad during the new quest though, one zap and those other teams never had a chance http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Whatley
May 2, 2003, 02:51 PM
Kill zem, kill zem all.

I am going to kill whatever attacks me. I don't care if they look cute, have a family or has something else going on in their life.

ophiel
May 3, 2003, 09:51 AM
On 2003-05-02 12:51, Whatley wrote:
Kill zem, kill zem all.

I am going to kill whatever attacks me. I don't care if they look cute, have a family or has something else going on in their life.

How Very George Bush-ian of you.

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 69 fomar.
[mars army]
-lafayette division leader-
[echelon]