View Full Version : NA PSO2 Xbox Closed Beta

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sirius-91
Dec 16, 2019, 01:58 PM
You can sign up for the closed beta on the Xbox:

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/g5Gk0bE.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

the_importer_
Dec 16, 2019, 02:03 PM
0_o so like 10 people will beta test it?

Seriously, not that I care about the upcoming (and possibly butchered) western release of PSO2, but they should at least release it on PC at the same time.

XrosBlader821
Dec 16, 2019, 02:26 PM
I don't know anyone with a Xbox so i can't participate.

huck
I'll be signing up tonight. PSU beta on 360 was fun. Any other XB1 players we should link up.

Dark Mits
"Windows 10 version scheduled to release later"... does this refer for the beta test or the actual game?

Sirius-91
Dec 16, 2019, 02:28 PM
"Windows 10 version scheduled to release later"... does this refer for the beta test or the actual game?
Beta likely.

Fujiko
Dec 16, 2019, 03:12 PM

I'm thinking its going to launch on Xbox first and then PC later on in 2020. The beta sign up says its exclusive to only Xbox, IF that is accurate it means Xbox players will get exclusives beta rewards and a massive headstart as they already said progress transfers over.
[spoiler-box]
https://i.imgur.com/wQ5lNkp.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

otakun
Dec 16, 2019, 03:15 PM
So, this pretty much alienates anyone who played the JP version unless they happen to own the worst selling system of this generation giving them a headstart AND exclusive rewards. Such fail.

Anduril
Dec 16, 2019, 03:30 PM
So, this pretty much alienates anyone who played the JP version unless they happen to own the worst selling system of this generation giving them a headstart AND exclusive rewards. Such fail.

They are probably hoping this will get at least some people to pick up an XBox, considering that the digital-only version is running for 150USD right now.

otakun
Dec 16, 2019, 03:36 PM
They are probably hoping this will get at least some people to pick up an XBox, considering that the digital-only version is running for 150USD right now.

yeah, people buy a 150$ console for a F2P game when the next generation of consoles comes out just months later ... this is such a dumb decision.

pikachief
Dec 16, 2019, 03:39 PM
So so sooo excited for this. The PSU xbox beta is still one of my fondest gaming memories :)

huck
Dec 16, 2019, 03:51 PM
So so sooo excited for this. The PSU xbox beta is still one of my fondest gaming memories :)

Yeah it's gonna be a lot of fun.

landman
Dec 16, 2019, 05:01 PM
Since I won't be able to play it, because different continent, and no XBO, I'm hopping for the exclusive reward to be a "Beta test 200 Star Gems reward" :wacko:

ArcaneTechs
Dec 16, 2019, 05:11 PM
.5chart

Meteor Weapon
Dec 16, 2019, 05:24 PM
I thought Sega of Japan/Microsoft was directly handling it not SoA, did I misheard it or something

Horosha_Onikage
Dec 16, 2019, 05:25 PM
Aw man, I really hope this isn't the case. In fact, I was kinda wishing there would be some cross-region play, similar to PSO1. Wishful thinking though.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 16, 2019, 05:31 PM
I thought Sega of Japan/Microsoft was directly handling it not SoA, did I misheard it or something

I'd have to look into this again because it's been awhile since I last read up on the initial info around E3 time so I could be wrong about that. I went off on a tangent though

Kondibon
Dec 16, 2019, 05:37 PM
They specifically announced it with crossplay, so I don't see why it would be separate servers for XBO and PC.

-Shoddy Translation names, Falz Spawn is awful but I can only imagine them not trying to upset snowflake people with certain names.

The irony here is palpable.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 16, 2019, 05:38 PM
[
They specifically announced it with crossplay, so I don't see why it would be separate servers for XBO and PC.

The irony here is palpable.

did they? I'm going to dig back up the info from E3 etc again, may have fearmongered a little too soon because of the info that came out today since uhh I don't remember info about the game from 5-6 months ago

How so? When I hear Darkers I don't automatically assume its a slur for a certain ethnic group. Let's just call Forces "Wizards" again

Kondibon
Dec 16, 2019, 05:40 PM
did they? I'm going to dig back up the info from E3 etc again, may have fearmongered a little too soon because of the info that came out today since uhh I don't remember info about the game from 5-6 months ago

It's straight up in the trailer. https://youtu.be/X7aNatPKWRY?t=36

ArcaneTechs
Dec 16, 2019, 05:42 PM
It's straight up in the trailer. https://youtu.be/X7aNatPKWRY?t=36

I'm laughing but I haven't watched the trailer since release. ty though

Kondibon
Dec 16, 2019, 05:46 PM
If and when it comes to other consoles, all bets are off though. Everyone took Phil Spencer's offhand comment in a casual interview about it coming to other systems as gospel, but there's no telling how that's going to work or what he actually meant by it, since as far as I know, he never elaborated.

Zorak000
Dec 16, 2019, 05:46 PM
you need to get two classes to level 75 before you can unlock successor classes, so they probably just left em out of the beta here. they probably won't have challenge mode or battle arena running either, and who knows what the state of Emergency Quests will be heh...

sounds still too early to say what will even be in the beta; and they already said the beta won't have everything, shrug

Kondibon
Dec 16, 2019, 05:48 PM
you need to get two classes to level 75 before you can unlock successor classes, so they probably just left em out of the beta here.That's what I'm thinking too.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 16, 2019, 05:49 PM
If and when it comes to other consoles, all bets are off though. Everyone took Phil Spencer's offhand comment in a casual interview about it coming to other systems as gospel, but there's no telling how that's going to work or what he actually meant by it, since as far as I know, he never elaborated.

wouldn't mind getting it for Switch but with a cartridge instead

XrosBlader821
Dec 16, 2019, 06:19 PM
Oh yeah because we totally need another Vita situation where you need an entire Memcard/SD Card dedicated to nothing but PSO2.

Zorak000
Dec 16, 2019, 06:20 PM
yeah his exact words were "we would like to bring it to the other platforms too", which isnt really confirmation, if anything; it's phil putting the ball into sega of japan's court

ArcaneTechs
Dec 16, 2019, 06:38 PM
Oh yeah because we totally need another Vita situation where you need an entire Memcard/SD Card dedicated to nothing but PSO2.

ya well maybe we do

r00tabaga
Dec 16, 2019, 06:56 PM
Just signed up. Super excited!

I heard it will be released Xbox1 & PC first, then Playstion/Nintendo later.....
....obviously beta is gonna be xbox only

Kondibon
Dec 16, 2019, 07:03 PM
I heard it will be released Xbox1 & PC first, then Playstion/Nintendo later.....I literally made a post about how none of that is confirmed.

r00tabaga
Dec 16, 2019, 07:15 PM
When you say literally, do you mean like you literally made a post, like with paper or wood or something?

Didnt feel like sorting thru pages. I remember Spencer saying others to follow and then Giant Bomb saying same thing...

Ezodagrom
Dec 16, 2019, 07:44 PM
When you say literally, do you mean like you lierally made a post, like with paper or wood?

Didnt feel like sorting thru pages.

Basically it's possible it could come to other platforms, but there's no guarantees until official announcements are made.
Switch is the biggest question mark due to storage (the JP version is a cloud only version because of that after all).

Zulastar
Dec 16, 2019, 09:46 PM
So this is the end huh? I'ma keep gettin' 630s all over since 8.00 JST...

Dark Mits
Dec 17, 2019, 04:18 AM
I wonder if PSO2 West will allow for more than 50-60 characters per message in the chat box...

Atmius
Dec 17, 2019, 04:26 AM

Which would be perfectly fine because the switch doesnt use proprietary sd cards, but a standard that you can buy damn near anywhere, with a good brand selection and is dirt cheap compared to the absurd prices of vita storage.

landman
Dec 17, 2019, 05:00 AM
and who knows what the state of Emergency Quests will be heh...
My personal preference on that was that they should release EQ in story progression every other week, just in case ANYONE that didn't play the JP server was interested in the actual story, so giving a week to finish episode 1 for elder to attack, then a couple weeks Luser, Magatsu, and so on. That would obviously clash with the typical elitism about drops, and since not everyone will be able to start playing at the same time because xbox and NA only, then who cares :wacko:

XrosBlader821
Dec 17, 2019, 09:01 AM
I wonder if PSO2 West will allow for more than 50-60 characters per message in the chat box...

Or HUD customization.

Which would be perfectly fine because the switch doesnt use proprietary sd cards, but a standard that you can buy damn near anywhere, with a good brand selection and is dirt cheap compared to the absurd prices of vita storage.

Fair enough.

Zulastar
Dec 17, 2019, 10:34 AM
As for me there 3 major minuses of PSO2 for the end of 2019:

1 Block system
2 Non-continuable sessions
3 Uncustomisable HUD

And seems not likley they'll rid of any of it in western release.

Zorak000
Dec 17, 2019, 01:21 PM
As for me there 3 major minuses of PSO2 for the end of 2019:

1 Block system
2 Non-continuable sessions
3 Uncustomisable HUD

And seems not likley they'll rid of any of it in western release.
best case for the block situation is the microsoft servers use only a single block per ship with massive capacity (and hard caps on how many characters can be displayed)
the other two are likely things only pscrew can really fix

part of the deal too was that they were going to move the JP servers to microsoft azure machines in Japan, so it could be possible they could address the block situation when/if that happens, if it hasn't already happened and they just didnt bother

pikachief
Dec 17, 2019, 03:35 PM
Decided to check on the jp version and I was a little shocked at the number of weapon types in this game, especially compared to PSU. A bit disappointing but I suppose the skill trees, Photon Arts, and overall class customization balances that out.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 17, 2019, 04:35 PM
Decided to check on the jp version and I was a little shocked at the number of weapon types in this game, especially compared to PSU. A bit disappointing but I suppose the skill trees, Photon Arts, and overall class customization balances that out.

People have filled out past player surveys wanting new weapon types so hopefully sega puts some in eventually

Kondibon
Dec 17, 2019, 04:49 PM
I don't see a need for more weapon types. Weapon mechanics, attacks, and PAs are more important. Hr, Ph, and Etoile basically added 3 "new" weapons each. The only reason I would want actually new weapons at this point would be to add them to old classes to give them more variety, but some classes like Gu and Te basically are their weapons, so there's not much you can change there. I don't even know what you could do for tech weapons, since, even Ph rod is just "spam tech".
Besides, I didn't spend a lot of time in PSU, but didn't it have a lot of problems with weapon redundancy? A lot of weapons were functionally the same but with slightly different ranges and attack speeds. They had different PAs, but PSU didn't have as many situational/utility PAs as PSO2 due to you only being able to equip one.

Ezodagrom
Dec 17, 2019, 05:15 PM
The 3 newest classes (one of them about to be released tomorrow) use existing weapon types in different ways than the older classes. They can't use the original photon arts at all (except for techniques), they have their own exclusive photon arts, and even the normal attacks and weapon actions are changed.
Each of the 3 classes get 3 altered weapon types.

Other than that, each specific weapon has special abilities to differenciate them (unlocked only when the weapons are grinded up to a certain point). While many of them are just simple power boosts, PP regen, stuff like that, some of them have unique abilities that change the behaviour of specific photon arts or normal attacks.

Then there's the photon arts themselves which offer alot more freedom than PSU did. In PSU, each photon art was a locked combo, and you could only link one combo to a weapon. In PSO2 photon arts are kinda comparable to each part of the combos in PSU, but you can use in any order you want (when using the 3 buttons mode you have full control of the order you use the PAs during battle).

Dark Mits
Dec 17, 2019, 05:41 PM
Some weapon/PAs could be "broken down" to more weapon types. For example Diffuse Shell outright uses the Rifle as a Shotgun. Sphere Eraser makes the Launcher a Laser. An Axe weapon could use many PAs that are currently used for Sword/Partizan (not to mention so many Sword-type weapons that look like Axes). Wired Lances have PAs that could be used for Whips. And so on.

It comes down to what the developer wants to achieve. They could literally have only 1 weapon with every single PA and Tech available on it (think of Gunslash with Tech casting ability), but design classes so that only a very limited subset can be used at a time. But that would heavily reduce character uniqueness. They could have 50 weapon types with 4 PAs each. But that would require heavy inventory maintenance and possibly a lot of extra grinding would be required to be able to have many playstyles "updated to Best-in-slot".

pikachief
Dec 18, 2019, 12:41 AM
Ah ok the PAs are a lot more versatile than I expected then. I was mainly afraid of the gun variety being weak but hearing the PAs have them shoot like different gun types altogether like shotguns and lasers makes me feel a lot better about weapon variety

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2019, 12:44 AM
Ah ok the PAs are a lot more versatile than I expected then. I was mainly afraid of the gun variety being weak but hearing the PAs have them shoot like different gun types altogether like shotguns and lasers makes me feel a lot better about weapon variety

its just the exception to those 2 PA's, not all of them do something like this or in general good to use compared to other PA's

Kondibon
Dec 18, 2019, 01:12 AM
Considering guns in PSU literally only did one thing per type, having PAs at all is a step up.

landman
Dec 18, 2019, 02:07 AM
Even melee only had 2 or 3 PA, some of them as a combo, and only one per weapon in your pallet.

Dark Mits
Dec 18, 2019, 02:37 AM
Considering guns in PSU literally only did one thing per type, having PAs at all is a step up.Which pretty much brings us to another way to further step it up once more. Many weapon types, and PAs that can be used by multiple weapon types! It'd be a nightmare to balance though.

ThEoRy
Dec 18, 2019, 11:00 AM
Hey do you guys think we'll be able to use our jp pc characters on Xbox? Couple years ago I was on the pc version with the English patches. I was thinking maybe you could just sign in with your seganet ID and poof?

Alexandrious12
Dec 18, 2019, 12:14 PM
Who would buy xbone right now when the new xbox just got shown off and announced for 2020 release? Lulz

huck
Dec 18, 2019, 04:48 PM
Who would buy xbone right now when the new xbox just got shown off and announced for 2020 release? Lulz

$120 isn't alot of money. I spend that on AC Scratch... Wasn't a big purchase for me. And I have no interest in the new Xbox unless PSO2 is getting ported to it.

Lance813
Dec 18, 2019, 07:12 PM

A year in the tech world isn't a long time I agree with you but, I don't think it's realistic to expect the people who even make this possible to cater to other platforms. Ya know? Buying a console at launch is a bad idea anyways... Just wait for PC servers, I'm thinking they want to get the bugs out of XBOX before the full release so I wouldn't expect it to be more than a month or two behind and you get the superior product at its release. That said, I'm already signed up for the Beta.

Hey do you guys think we'll be able to use our jp pc characters on Xbox? Couple years ago I was on the pc version with the English patches. I was thinking maybe you could just sign in with your seganet ID and poof?

Since technically NA users weren't allowed I'd say no... On top of that, not all content is being released at first so it would be impossible to translate the data loss.. :(

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2019, 07:19 PM
$120 isn't alot of money. I spend that on AC Scratch... Wasn't a big purchase for me. And I have no interest in the new Xbox unless PSO2 is getting ported to it.

You can literally play xbox->xbox one games on the new xbox, i dont see why PSO2 would be excluded

aidon
Dec 18, 2019, 07:31 PM
Signed up, don't know how much I will actually play but o well.

huck
Dec 18, 2019, 08:04 PM
You can literally play xbox->xbox one games on the new xbox, i dont see why PSO2 would be excluded

Then maybe I'll get it down the line. But for now I'm just getting ready for PS5

Alexandrious12
Dec 18, 2019, 09:26 PM

120 for refurbish? Not bad. Refurbish would last at least a year before something goes wrong. Hmm

zandra117
Dec 19, 2019, 08:58 AM
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access

You can rent to own an xbox one from microsoft for $20 a month, $40 a month for an xbox one x. it comes with game pass ultimate and xbox live gold too. You own the console after renting for 24 months.

Anduril
Dec 19, 2019, 10:44 AM
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access

You can rent to own an xbox one from microsoft for $20 a month, $40 a month for an xbox one x. it comes with game pass ultimate and xbox live gold too. You own the console after renting for 24 months.

That's actually not that bad. For a disc-free, retail would be 510USD (150USD for the console and 360USD for 24 months of Game Pass Ultimate), but you are only paying a total of 480USD (all of this before applicable taxes), and you can trade in the console in 18 months for a Series X (which is plenty of time for it to be in full swing with its game library); the only issue is that you have to finance, and can't just pay directly with an existing credit or debit card (which might not be a bad thing to some degree as it can help slightly.boost your credit as long as you are making payments on time, but does require that initial approval from their financing partner).

Dauston
Dec 19, 2019, 05:00 PM
I really would like to get this but live in UK am I screwed? I have an Xbone

Lance813
Dec 20, 2019, 01:33 AM
I really would like to get this but live in UK am I screwed? I have an Xbone

The beta is 'N.A. only' to address server issues and for bug fixes. I don't expect it to last longer than a couple days and will most likely be opened to all regions by the end of January or February at the latest.

the_importer_
Dec 21, 2019, 04:02 PM
Perhaps with some luck, MS will force an official 4K resolution in there with a proper UI resize (higher than 1.5) and this will be brought to the Japanese version as well.

XrosBlader821
Dec 21, 2019, 07:14 PM
Perhaps with some luck, MS will force an official 4K resolution in there with a proper UI resize (higher than 1.5) and this will be brought to the Japanese version as well.

and tier 7 graphics

Alexandrious12
Dec 23, 2019, 01:19 PM
and tier 7 graphics

And HDR

Zorak000
Dec 23, 2019, 06:08 PM
all of those pre-rendered scenes with the abysmal compression codec make me think they got something planned but need those for now to stand in, but without a roadmap I can only really speculate

also as for weapon types, I like the idea of making sure everything feels different even if it means less types overall

but when the heck are we getting slicers.

like just give me a *disca of liberator camo for talis and I could at least shut up about it; but there isn't even a slicer model being used for a non-slicer weapon

Dark Mits
Dec 24, 2019, 01:25 AM
all of those pre-rendered scenes with the abysmal compression codec make me think they got something planned but need those for now to stand in, but without a roadmap I can only really speculateIt doesn't look like they have anything planned. The resolution of those cutscenes is simply low (looks lower than 720p, maybe 576p?). My uninformed guess is that these cutscenes either (i) involve animations or effects that have not been coded in the game, or (ii) they might cause artifacts when rendered in real-time due to loading times on slower machines. As for the low resolution, it is most possibly so that it can be played on the lowest resolution the game supports (800x600?)

Kondibon
Dec 24, 2019, 02:31 AM
I'm pretty sure the videos are pre-rendered so they can do more with the particle effects and post processing stuff. Seriously, remember how BAD Omega Apprentice's explosion looked in-engine. They're most likely low res for the reasons Dark Mits said. Then again, none of the other CG style videos are that low res and compressed, so it seems weird that they'd start doing it now.

r00tabaga
Dec 24, 2019, 07:47 AM
I only play game on PS4 Pro and it looks & plays incredibly smooth. Little slowdown in crowded lobbies but not bad. On a 4K tv the Pro version really pops graphically and since Xbox One X looks better than a Pro, I expect it to look just as good, if not better. I really can’t wait, I’m an Xbox guy so I’m thrilled.
If rumors are true about a Fortnite crossover (doubt it) then there will be tons of new fans. Young fans. Twitter is pumped already with loads of new players/ Very optimistic. I’m bringing 6 friends to NA game myself.

Kondibon
Dec 24, 2019, 09:48 AM
If rumors are true about a Fortnite crossover (doubt it) then there will be tons of new fans.That was 100% someone bullshitting.

Alexandrious12
Dec 29, 2019, 02:07 PM
That was 100% someone bullshitting.

But is it? o.o

Dun dun duuuuuun!

Coxy
Jan 1, 2020, 08:10 PM
It’s been about 11 years since I posted here last.

I am incredibly happy about this coming to console.

If anyone wants to party with an old Dreamcast PSO player, chuck me a pm

r00tabaga
Jan 2, 2020, 11:46 AM
It’s been about 11 years since I posted here last.

I am incredibly happy about this coming to console.

If anyone wants to party with an old Dreamcast PSO player, chuck me a pm

We should be getting beta soon. Xbox GT: r00tabaga
Catch ya soon! We most likely have played before, lol...

Coxy
Jan 2, 2020, 01:35 PM
We should be getting beta soon. Xbox GT: r00tabaga
Catch ya soon! We most likely have played before, lol...

Quite possibly! I put an obscene number of hours into the Dreamcast game, moved over to PSU on the xbox.

I've played BB on some of the private servers recently but I'd much rather play it on the console.

Meteor Weapon
Jan 2, 2020, 07:02 PM
Is it just me or the mere constant mention of an old game is really annoying at this point?

huck
Jan 2, 2020, 08:53 PM
Just you....

Most of the new players to PSO2NA only have experience with the older games so obviously they are going to refer to it.

Alexandrious12
Jan 3, 2020, 10:48 AM
Is it just me or the mere constant mention of an old game is really annoying at this point?

Just you Captain Sunshine. :-)

r00tabaga
Jan 3, 2020, 11:04 AM
...yes, it’s just you

Coxy
Jan 3, 2020, 11:50 AM

You're entitled to your opinion, but of course people are going to be mentioning the original PSO.

Many people still have fond memories of playing back on the Dreamcast and for a lot of them PSO2NA will be the first time they will be able to play the game.

Whether you agree or disagree with how much people rave over the original, you should remember that for a lot of us it was also our first foray into MMOs in general which of course is going to invoke a sense of nostalgia.

Tymek
Jan 3, 2020, 12:10 PM

https://i.imgur.com/cdbCtor.png

Kondibon
Jan 3, 2020, 12:11 PM
My onlt concern with people coming straight from memories of PSO1 is that PSO2 is very different, it has a lot more in common with Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity than PSO1, and even then it's still it's own beast.
Considering the fact that for a lot of people the series basically stopped at PSU, it makes sense that most people would mention that they're excited because of PSO1.

Dark Mits
Jan 3, 2020, 02:25 PM
For the record, you can still play PSO2 as if it's PSO1 or PSU. However, do not expect the majority of the playerbase to do so as well. If the english community on the JP servers is any indication, people will prefer to kick you from the group than even ask you if you're done picking up items before restarting a quest.

Kondibon
Jan 3, 2020, 03:37 PM
For the record, you can still play PSO2 as if it's PSO1 or PSU. However, do not expect the majority of the playerbase to do so as well. If the english community on the JP servers is any indication, people will prefer to kick you from the group than even ask you if you're done picking up items before restarting a quest.??? What are you even talking about? I meant the fundamentals of the gameplay and equipment progression are different. I have no idea what that has to do with whatever you're talking about.

Also, if you want to control the pacing of restarting quests then form your own party or play without one. And before you bring up the party bonus, the only drops that have drop rates low enough for that to matter are things you can auto pick up.

Dark Mits
Jan 3, 2020, 04:17 PM
It wasn't a jab at progression or reward bonuses; I meant exactly what I said. PSO2, due to its hasty nature, does not grant players the opportunity to socialize and make friendships during quests, but in lobbies. Or to be more accurate, it does give it, but the percentage of the playerbase that would like that is exceptionally small compared to PSO1 and PSU. The extent of anti-socilalization during quests is strong enough that unless you have already formed a friendship bond with the party leader, you will most likely be removed from a group or forced to restart without them asking if you're ready.

Kondibon
Jan 3, 2020, 04:29 PM
It wasn't a jab at progression or reward bonuses; I meant exactly what I said. PSO2, due to its hasty nature, does not grant players the opportunity to socialize and make friendships during quests, but in lobbies. Or to be more accurate, it does give it, but the percentage of the playerbase that would like that is exceptionally small compared to PSO1 and PSU. The extent of anti-socilalization during quests is strong enough that unless you have already formed a friendship bond with the party leader, you will most likely be removed from a group or forced to restart without them asking if you're ready.
I'm just not sure what socializing in quests has to do with "playing like PSO1 and PSU". The pace of the game is the kind of thing I was talking about, but it's not like like all you need to do is slow down and socialize to make quest non-randomized, the game not revolve around EQs, and equipment progression not obtuse.

The reason people socialize less in quests is because there's so many other ways to socialize online nowadays, that most people already have their friends.

Dark Mits
Jan 3, 2020, 04:50 PM
The social aspect of a multiplayer game is very important for player retention.

A lot of returning players, who were PSO1 and/or PSU players and have expressed their interest in playing PSO2 West, do not want to do so only because they expect gameplay features, lore, settings, names, skills etc. that will resemble those earlier games; they also remember the fun they had in group quests, their friends with which they grouped up to clear content, and the general banter that took place not only while preparing for quests but during questing.

Players in PSO2 socialize less not only because of more means to socialize outside questing (or even in game), but because the structure of the game is fundamentally imposing players the dilemma: Do you want to break fun with others in the mpa, or do you want rewards? You cannot have both. With half EQs allowing as many runs as you can fit in the 30mins, and the other half being exploitable by switching to another character/ship/account, and ticket bonuses being all time-based, in combination with today's paradigm shift to reward vs. effort and reward vs. time investment even in online gaming, the game will be more likely to retain players that enjoy this behaviour. Add to this the fact that there is no content in the game that cannot be done without treating the game as offline singleplayer, and absolute maxxed stats can be acquired even by treating the game as offline singleplayer.

And a personal observation: players with japanese characters in their names are at least 10x more likely to say "TY4MPA" or any variation of it, even if as an autoword, than any character with non-JP name. By extrapolation, this means that non-JP players are less likely to even care to acknowledge that there is a person playing that other character in their group.

I'm overanalyzing something that pretty much everyone knows but doesn't want to accept.

Coxy
Jan 3, 2020, 05:13 PM

Did you play DC PSO? There was very little socialising during quests, unless you were in a group of friends. If you went the wrong way or needed to shop you'd get left behind playing with randoms. It doesn't sound any different to me personally

Kondibon
Jan 3, 2020, 05:47 PM
The social aspect of a multiplayer game is very important for player retention.Only in the sense that people having other people to play with and talk to keeps them interested. Where the talking is going on, and with who specifically doesn't really matter.

A lot of returning players, who were PSO1 and/or PSU players and have expressed their interest in playing PSO2 West, do not want to do so only because they expect gameplay features, lore, settings, names, skills etc. that will resemble those earlier games; they also remember the fun they had in group quests, their friends with which they grouped up to clear content, and the general banter that took place not only while preparing for quests but during questing.That stuff still happens, just not literally in the game chat.

Players in PSO2 socialize less not only because of more means to socialize outside questing (or even in game), but because the structure of the game is fundamentally imposing players the dilemma: Do you want to break fun with others in the mpa, or do you want rewards? You cannot have both. With half EQs allowing as many runs as you can fit in the 30mins, and the other half being exploitable by switching to another character/ship/account, and ticket bonuses being all time-based, in combination with today's paradigm shift to reward vs. effort and reward vs. time investment even in online gaming, the game will be more likely to retain players that enjoy this behaviour. Add to this the fact that there is no content in the game that cannot be done without treating the game as offline singleplayer, and absolute maxxed stats can be acquired even by treating the game as offline singleplayer..You're not wrong about people socializing less mid quest, but I REALLY think you're overstating how prevalent it was or is in other games.

And a personal observation: players with japanese characters in their names are at least 10x more likely to say "TY4MPA" or any variation of it, even if as an autoword, than any character with non-JP name. By extrapolation, this means that non-JP players are less likely to even care to acknowledge that there is a person playing that other character in their group.And by my personal observation JP named players actually talk less in chat in general than EN named. So by extrapolation JP players only socialize because of ingrained social etiquette, and not because they actually enjoy socializing. /s We can all make halfassed assumptions about why which people do or don't say, what's effectively just a formality, after missions. Maybe they forgot. Maybe they just weren't happy with how the run went. Maybe they're suffering from crippling social anxiety and don't like to talk much, lest they risk getting caught up in a conversation wish a stranger in a language they don't understand. :wacko:

I'm overanalyzing something that pretty much everyone knows but doesn't want to accept.No, I think you're just wrong about most of it.

the_importer_
Jan 3, 2020, 05:50 PM

A lot of returning players, who were PSO1 and/or PSU players and have expressed their interest in playing PSO2 West, do not want to do so only because they expect gameplay features, lore, settings, names, skills etc. that will resemble those earlier games; they also remember the fun they had in group quests, their friends with which they grouped up to clear content, and the general banter that took place not only while preparing for quests but during questing.

Players in PSO2 socialize less not only because of more means to socialize outside questing (or even in game), but because the structure of the game is fundamentally imposing players the dilemma: Do you want to break fun with others in the mpa, or do you want rewards? You cannot have both. With half EQs allowing as many runs as you can fit in the 30mins, and the other half being exploitable by switching to another character/ship/account, and ticket bonuses being all time-based, in combination with today's paradigm shift to reward vs. effort and reward vs. time investment even in online gaming, the game will be more likely to retain players that enjoy this behaviour. Add to this the fact that there is no content in the game that cannot be done without treating the game as offline singleplayer, and absolute maxxed stats can be acquired even by treating the game as offline singleplayer.

And a personal observation: players with japanese characters in their names are at least 10x more likely to say "TY4MPA" or any variation of it, even if as an autoword, than any character with non-JP name. By extrapolation, this means that non-JP players are less likely to even care to acknowledge that there is a person playing that other character in their group.

I'm overanalyzing something that pretty much everyone knows but doesn't want to accept.

As someone who played more with NPCs than real people (got the titles to prove it), I can state that the game is still very much enjoyable. Sure, there are negatives aspect, I mean I'll never be able to get titles that require you to do things in groups (Challenge Quests, Endless Quests, Trigger Quests for 6th Angel, Riding Quests), but you can't have it all I guess.

At least I play when I want to play and only schedule myself for EQ.

echofaith
Jan 3, 2020, 07:30 PM
Of all the MMOs I played, this is the one where I have interacted the less with others by far(both strangers and with team/guild), but it is also the one I played and enjoyed the most. Then again, the majority of those were the Global/NA version of Korean pay2win games :p

rokkuman
Jan 4, 2020, 01:39 AM
Of all the MMOs I played, this is the one where I have interacted the less with others by far(both strangers and with team/guild), but it is also the one I played and enjoyed the most. Then again, the majority of those were the Global/NA version of Korean pay2win games :p

I think it has more to do with the game not encouraging much strategy and teamwork, tbh. Unlike many other MMOs, PSO2 doesn't have actual "roles" so every class feels self-sufficient.

landman
Jan 4, 2020, 03:49 AM
In that aspect, PSO2 is actually better than PSU or PSO, simply because of the Team (guild) addition, I don't know how you played PSU, I just joined my friends' Xbox Party chat and everyone was doing what they wanted, that's basically what the team chat is there for, to enjoy chatting with them even doing different things because level/absurd block player count limit/whatever.

echofaith
Jan 4, 2020, 05:56 AM
I think it has more to do with the game not encouraging much strategy and teamwork, tbh. Unlike many other MMOs, PSO2 doesn't have actual "roles" so every class feels self-sufficient.

Pretty much, which is why I like it so much. As bad as schedule EQs gatekeeping is, I prefer that over having to rely in a good party for clearing content at all(and in most cases, the meta content in those games is gatekeeped by a max number of a runs a day anyway):wacko:

The thing about the interacting with others is that I prefer to be alone and play at my own pace, and while a public team/guild chat is good for getting info or some laughs, I dislike having to interact strangers. Call me selfish or antisocial, but only reason I would ever interact with a stranger is if I would gain something from it. Thankfully this game doesnt encourage it and is also easy enough, which is why I can "solo" most of the game with 11 "bots" during EQs :p

Zulastar
Jan 4, 2020, 07:26 AM
Pretty much, which is why I like it so much. As bad as schedule EQs gatekeeping is, I prefer that over having to rely in a good party for clearing content at all(and in most cases, the meta content in those games is gatekeeped by a max number of a runs a day anyway):wacko:

The thing about the interacting with others is that I prefer to be alone and play at my own pace, and while a public team/guild chat is good for getting info or some laughs, I dislike having to interact strangers. Call me selfish or antisocial, but only reason I would ever interact with a stranger is if I would gain something from it. Thankfully this game doesnt encourage it and is also easy enough, which is why I can "solo" most of the game with 11 "bots" during EQs :p

100% Agree with this post.

Limit max runs per day is a really good thing by the way: especially now with this nonstop streaming triggers if you want to do stuff you'll be doing them instead of dailies, busters, whatever - it's more profittable to run triggers or 4ppl Ult. Even my own triggers and bonus keys just stockpilled 'cause of this shit.

Second part is just as I feel about myself and social things: I don't speak Japanese and my English is pretty bad. I don't have a frends playing with me and have no contacts with people from my own country - I just prefer to do stuff alone.

And I have a feeling about this game just too old and complicated for being much popular as all expect to.

Zorak000
Jan 4, 2020, 01:59 PM
like I mentioned in the survey thread, they had the groundwork for that kind of idea already in the game with buster quest's main/free match system; but I guess due to the reception buster quests got, along with a few other issues with their implementation of the main/free system (specifically the inability to free match into grade 3 when you had main match advance unlocked), I'm doubtful we'll see that kind of system get used for more quests

Meteor Weapon
Jan 5, 2020, 07:17 AM
I didnt even bother grinding on Buster Quest to higher grades back when it was out. Another 4PT Ult is a welcome tho

Coxy
Jan 10, 2020, 03:59 PM
There's a fair amount of hype going on over on the PSO2NA twitter

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/with_replies

Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer

huck
Jan 13, 2020, 01:13 PM
' Reward One: Photon Halo A-C Accessories. Login or participate in challenges during the Closed Beta Test to complete the set!

Closed Beta Test starting soon! Sign up today through the #XboxInsider Hub: https://t.co/z5TeE4w5zX https://t.co/nuYJ5pvsgy"

ArcaneTechs
Jan 13, 2020, 03:48 PM
it doesnt sound like there will be cross region with the West servers if they're allowing progress from the CB to be moved over. Which is fine but for others who want to move from JP -> West won't be able to without starting over (which seems fine by others). Kinda disappointing since I wanted cross region servers

r00tabaga
Jan 13, 2020, 04:48 PM
F5.....................

r00tabaga
Jan 13, 2020, 05:22 PM
Kind of a positive in my opinion. You keep your japanese account, start NA account and enjoy both versions; each w/with their own unique collaberations & events!

the_importer_
Jan 13, 2020, 06:16 PM
Kind of a positive in my opinion. You keep your japanese account, start NA account and enjoy both versions; each w/with their own unique collaberations & events!

Sure, if SEGA and MS agree to pay me full time after I quit my job -_-

Zulastar
Jan 13, 2020, 06:50 PM
I mean it would be impossible for me to regain everything in na that I have in jp

This is a main isshue here.
I'll more likely stop playing at all according to my bad experience in absolutely same situations with Tera and Blade and Soul also moved to West...

ArcaneTechs
Jan 13, 2020, 07:01 PM
unless SoA or SoJ mention it with the next month or so it seems like they'll stay regional. that Discord message going around though doesnt hold any weight either but im not doubting anyone is just reading it and taking it to heart like usual

SELENNA
Jan 13, 2020, 07:49 PM
I don't want to complain too much, but I think it's dumb that PSO2 gets a release only on PC and Xbox, while the series would be a hit on PS4. Honestly not the first time SEGA baffles me with poor decisions though. We're talking about a dev who's sitting on a mountain of cool IPs but can't seem to revive any of them. And when they do, it's usually too late. We can't be that far from PSO3 so getting PSO2 years later in the West feels absurd.

Kondibon
Jan 13, 2020, 10:13 PM
I don't want to complain too much, but I think it's dumb that PSO2 gets a release only on PC and Xbox, while the series would be a hit on PS4. Honestly not the first time SEGA baffles me with poor decisions though. We're talking about a dev who's sitting on a mountain of cool IPs but can't seem to revive any of them. And when they do, it's usually too late. We can't be that far from PSO3 so getting PSO2 years later in the West feels absurd.While I'm not one of those people who thinks it's absolutely 100% confirmed to be coming to everything (why would anyone think they're going to bring the Vita or Switch versions to NA?) , there's still probably a good chance it's going to come to more than just PC and Xbox.

EvilMag
Jan 13, 2020, 10:31 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/25411/?page=2

Its already confirmed that NA and JP will be separate sadly...

"PSO2 will celebrate its 8th anniversary in 2020.
It's the 20th anniversary of the “PSO” series, so we hope to show everyone the new development of “PSO2”.
The service of the North American version of “PSO2” will be finally launched from spring.
Although it will be a service on a different server from the Japanese version, I hope that you can expect "PSO 2" to challenge the world newly for new development.
In the future, we will continue to work together to improve the service in order to meet the expectations of everyone who supports us.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 13, 2020, 10:46 PM

It's the 20th anniversary of the “PSO” series, so we hope to show everyone the new development of “PSO2”.
The service of the North American version of “PSO2” will be finally launched from spring.
Although it will be a service on a different server from the Japanese version, I hope that you can expect "PSO 2" to challenge the world newly for new development.
In the future, we will continue to work together to improve the service in order to meet the expectations of everyone who supports us.

huh I didnt even know they made that post. well uh rip any chance of combined regions (unless again they make it happen soon).

Ahri
Jan 13, 2020, 11:20 PM

Will they apply an IP ban from NA as happened with Play Park of SEA?

Sirius-91
Jan 13, 2020, 11:23 PM
If I recall, that's a thing that asiasoft does as a clause and not something sega really cares about for phantasy star.

Sizustar
Jan 14, 2020, 12:23 AM

That will be up to Microsoft to decide
Since for Taiwan version, the publisher in Taiwan didn't do it, so we can still play fine.
But SEA region publisher did a ban.

Tymek
Jan 14, 2020, 12:30 AM
unless SoA or SoJ mention it with the next month or so it seems like they'll stay regional. that Discord message going around though doesnt hold any weight either but im not doubting anyone is just reading it and taking it to heart like usual

What Discord message?

Meteor Weapon
Jan 14, 2020, 01:02 AM
If I recall, that's a thing that asiasoft does as a clause and not something sega really cares about for phantasy star.

Shitsoft asked for IP ban and it bite their own ass so hard, everyone living in SEA playing JP server who had a "maybe i'll play it" feeling playing the SEA server went straight to fuck Shitsoft the moment IP ban went live lol

People in charge of US server needs to be dumb enough if they wanted to put IP ban and let it backfire lol. If they're smart they wouldn't do it.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 14, 2020, 03:01 AM
What Discord message?

not going to post it because its someone pretending they work/know how theyre going about the servers for SoA with a eventual server combine with the JP side which unless we get some official word on this from either company, im not buying this. spewed some other info too but just someone larping to get the community riled up before the CB starts and onwards

also stop fearmongering on an IP lock, it would have happened already by now

landman
Jan 14, 2020, 03:34 AM
Guilty Gear and Blaz Blue music is muted in the Switch version because licensing, and people think they are going to licence 7 years worth of collabs for a possible future merge? I'm sceptic.

Also why would the people starting in the NA want a bunch of impossible to get items flood in their server, giving an incredible market advantage to the "extra-dimensional visitors"? At most I would think on shared server for challenge, but even then, cheaters gonna cheat so they will prefer to keep their japanese players protected (which is the main reason pso became a region locked service after it started as a shared experience in DC and GC).

ArcaneTechs
Jan 14, 2020, 04:07 AM
Guilty Gear and Blaz Blue music is muted in the Switch version because licensing, and people think they are going to licence 7 years worth of collabs for a possible future merge? I'm sceptic.

Also why would the people starting in the NA want a bunch of impossible to get items flood in their server, giving an incredible market advantage to the "extra-dimensional visitors"? At most I would think on shared server for challenge, but even then, cheaters gonna cheat so they will prefer to keep their japanese players protected (which is the main reason pso became a region locked service after it started as a shared experience in DC and GC).

ALL THE CONTENT

Zulastar
Jan 14, 2020, 09:55 AM
Well it's all up to Arks-Layer team: I'll keep playing here while they keep maintain Tweaker.
I just have no will to start this all over again.

Coxy
Jan 14, 2020, 11:28 AM
with a eventual server combine with the JP side

I'd say it definitely won't happen, but in the 0.00000000000000000000001% chance that it does, I'll say this is incredibly unlikely

r00tabaga
Jan 14, 2020, 12:19 PM
Yeah not happening

landman
Jan 14, 2020, 12:59 PM
ALL THE CONTENT
If anyone expects "CONTENT to be every collab and not just gameplay content, they will be disappointed.

Zorak000
Jan 14, 2020, 02:15 PM
like im still asking how they are going to implement the 7+ years of *non*-collab cosmetics; them just handing out a set of AC Scratch accessories for a promotional campaign, accessories from one of the Item Design contests at that, at least has me intrigued now.

oh also the beta sounds more like an actual beta; they're likely going to start the server with minimal content and start turning things on as they get more comfortable with how the server is running. nobody wants to have to deal with turning on everything at once, only to see the little red light labeled "problem" suddenly turn on too.

also why they might be limiting it to xbone; just to throttle the amount of incoming users to ensure they're ready when the PC floodgates open.

Dark Mits
Jan 14, 2020, 04:40 PM
also why they might be limiting it to xbone; just to throttle the amount of incoming users to ensure they're ready when the PC floodgates open.The cynic tinfoil-hate person in me tells me they did so in order to boost sales from people who want to play as soon as possible; this is mostly people who did not play PSO2 JP for whatever reason but really want to play the game.

The realist in me says it's because the PC version exists for 7+ years now, is stable and any errors left to iron out are mostly translation ones, which include text being cropped out or message windows being stretched to non-workable sizes in order to fit the English text. Which is something that can be sorted out in Xbox beta version too. So they want to test game stability on the new platform.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 14, 2020, 04:47 PM
If anyone expects "CONTENT to be every collab and not just gameplay content, they will be disappointed.

so its "ALL THE CONTENT....SORTA....LIKE 90%....MAYBIC"

Zorak000
Jan 14, 2020, 05:25 PM
define "content" :v

jokes aside, collab weapons like the aura seires, ceres/zara series, and orb/dusk series seem like they could at least be implemented without issue; even if the xiv content should be fine anyway

im just also worried about the butts who do "robotech" will come crawling out of the basement to attack any cast that remotely looks like they could transform into an airplane

Meteor Weapon
Jan 14, 2020, 05:45 PM
FFXIV collab content seems to be the only large non-sega content that doesnt have an expiration date like EVA and MH. Odin and his special arena still appears every now and then. I wonder how did they manage to leave it in the the game.

huck
Jan 14, 2020, 06:20 PM
Giving away the Coated Edge camo on the beta

huck
Jan 15, 2020, 01:09 PM
Reward Three: Dreamcast Mag! Complete challenges during the Closed Beta Test to claim this legendary Evolution Device!

r00tabaga
Jan 15, 2020, 01:45 PM
In PSO I had the Saturn and always wanted Dreamcast!

Calsetes
Jan 15, 2020, 01:47 PM
I signed up for the beta a while back, hoping I get in. Honestly, though, how much I play it might be determined by a few friends who like PS stuff and if they play it a lot. Got a loooooooot of stuff in the Japanese server I don't want to say bye-bye to, and probably won't put much time into the XB1 version unless I got some friends tagging along, you know?

Tymek
Jan 15, 2020, 03:27 PM
I signed up for the beta a while back, hoping I get in. Honestly, though, how much I play it might be determined by a few friends who like PS stuff and if they play it a lot. Got a loooooooot of stuff in the Japanese server I don't want to say bye-bye to, and probably won't put much time into the XB1 version unless I got some friends tagging along, you know?

Everyone who signs up will get in. It's "closed" in the sense that it is only available to Xbox Insiders.

Flatflyer
Jan 16, 2020, 02:10 PM
FFXIV collab content seems to be the only large non-sega content that doesnt have an expiration date like EVA and MH. Odin and his special arena still appears every now and then. I wonder how did they manage to leave it in the the game.

Speaking of this, now that PSO2 would be coming to NA, I wonder if Square enix would be willing to do another collab with FFXIV and PSO2, considering FFXIV never did its part due to the game being japan only (from what I heard, atleast.)

as someone who enjoys both games, it'd be cool to see an updated crossover of some kind happen from both sides.

silo1991
Jan 16, 2020, 02:16 PM
Speaking of this, now that PSO2 would be coming to NA, I wonder if Square enix would be willing to do another collab with FFXIV and PSO2, considering FFXIV never did its part due to the game being japan only (from what I heard, atleast.)

as someone who enjoys both games, it'd be cool to see an updated crossover of some kind happen from both sides.

because of that i felt Square Enix scam Sega back then :P

edit: i still find that collab ironic , because the main purpose of Phantasy star series it was be the competition of final fantasy series back in the 80s

dont tag me as a fanboy , i like both series equally (i cant deny FF13 step me apart)

Alexandrious12
Jan 19, 2020, 09:49 AM
because of that i felt Square Enix scam Sega back then :P

edit: i still find that collab ironic , because the main purpose of Phantasy star series it was be the competition of final fantasy series back in the 80s

dont tag me as a fanboy , i like both series equally (i cant deny FF13 step me apart)

Its ok, I will help you cope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MohTbZFwn2E

You are welcome.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 19, 2020, 05:07 PM

i remember them saying too that they didnt know how they were going to go about doing a return collab for PSO2 at the time but the whole Japan thing may have been really what stopped it on their end. Would be cool to get another collab on JP and NA though but with more outfits/weapon camos this time around. Hopefully they'll be more creative with the Quest than that boring one they put out initially

silo1991
Jan 19, 2020, 05:55 PM
i remember them saying too that they didnt know how they were going to go about doing a return collab for PSO2 at the time but the whole Japan thing may have been really what stopped it on their end. Would be cool to get another collab on JP and NA though but with more outfits/weapon camos this time around. Hopefully they'll be more creative with the Quest than that boring one they put out initially

up to this day im still annoyed with that collection file back then ,i needed to kill falz hunar in that quest and out of 20 rounds he only spawn on ''2'' , 50/50 chance my butt

ArcaneTechs
Jan 19, 2020, 09:47 PM
up to this day im still annoyed with that collection file back then ,i needed to kill falz hunar in that quest and out of 20 rounds he only spawn on ''2'' , 50/50 chance my butt

its like Dio now with those rates

BloodPuddles
Jan 21, 2020, 06:05 AM
I don't want to complain too much, but I think it's dumb that PSO2 gets a release only on PC and Xbox, while the series would be a hit on PS4.

I think that's just because 90% of the PS4 players who would play are already playing. They've been adding so much QoL over the last year for non-JP readers too. I'm bummed I'll never know the story, I couldn't care less about getting an English version on PS4 at this point though.

huck
Jan 21, 2020, 08:06 AM
I think that's just because 90% of the PS4 players who would play are already playing. They've been adding so much QoL over the last year for non-JP readers too. I'm bummed I'll never know the story, I couldn't care less about getting an English version on PS4 at this point though.

I disagree... Most PS4 players who go through the hassle of making a Japanese PSN and then previously making a SEGA ID (before SEGA got rid of the need for PS4 players) usually quit the game within a week. The game being in Japanese really frustrates most players unless they are dedicated to learning the entire game menu and what each option does. Just look at the PS4 community page where users constantly asking people what to do in game or how to break the level 30 cap for example.

Being a free to play Gane if it was actually in the US PSN store in English I definitely believe everyone would at least download it.

BloodPuddles
Jan 21, 2020, 12:25 PM
I disagree... Most PS4 players who go through the hassle of making a Japanese PSN and then previously making a SEGA ID (before SEGA got rid of the need for PS4 players) usually quit the game within a week. The game being in Japanese really frustrates most players unless they are dedicated to learning the entire game menu and what each option does. Just look at the PS4 community page where users constantly asking people what to do in game or how to break the level 30 cap for example.

Being a free to play Gane if it was actually in the US PSN store in English I definitely believe everyone would at least download it.

Yeah, you're probably right. I've never looked at the English community before. (I occasionally post in the JP Ship 2 one for the lulz) I was just going off my experience, and people I met in game playing on console. (And my brother, he's lame though, he only plays games for the trophies then completely stops playing them) Figuring out the quests was super easy, you just search PSO2 Client Orders and scroll through the list. The only thing I ever really had trouble with was affix pricing, which you wouldn't usually worry about until you're pretty far in.

PasticheOfSkin
Jan 22, 2020, 08:28 AM
Well thought I'd poke the box see what spills out.

I'm back after being gone for far too long how are all of ye.

Signed up for the beta. And jumping back onto pso2 jp ps4 to shake some rust off this evening.

Xbox: Enigmaloner

Twitch: PasticheofSkin
YT: PasticheOfSkin

SELENNA
Jan 23, 2020, 06:48 PM
I'm torn actually. PSO is one of my favorite series and was huge to me during the Dreamcast days. I remember trying PSO2 at launch (JP servers from NA) and felt like the game was way too different. The MMO elements and Gacha really turned me off. Still, I'd like to give it another chance now that it will be fully localized. However, I don't have Windows 10 nor an Xbox One, so I'd have to switch my OS or buy MS' console. I'm not 100% convinced it's worth it. The other option is to wait for additional platforms, but it's a timed exclusive so I guess I'd be waiting 6-12 months for it to come out.

r00tabaga
Jan 23, 2020, 07:46 PM
@SELENNA
I am as big of a PSO fan as anyone here, but it’s largely due to nastalga. PSO2 is a much better game that has all the fun elements of PSO an addition to all the PSU social elements and beyond. I’m super thrilled and my Xbox is ready. The PS4 version in Japanese was great until later levels when understanding the endgame was too hard.

ZeroXRaven
Jan 24, 2020, 02:58 AM
I am getting more and more excited for this beta, even having played this on JP servers since it released. That Dreamcast MAG you can get in the Beta, yes please. I'll just be happy to finally have full translation, and be able to follow the story. I buy any platform this series releases on, but luckily I already have an Xbox and PC that can run this.

Alexandrious12
Jan 24, 2020, 08:45 AM
Just hope PC version gets a beta with the rewards.

SELENNA
Jan 24, 2020, 01:50 PM
@SELENNA
I am as big of a PSO fan as anyone here, but it’s largely due to nastalga. PSO2 is a much better game that has all the fun elements of PSO an addition to all the PSU social elements and beyond. I’m super thrilled and my Xbox is ready. The PS4 version in Japanese was great until later levels when understanding the endgame was too hard.

Thanks for your comment. Is there still room customization like in PSU? That was fun.

Anduril
Jan 24, 2020, 01:51 PM
Thanks for your comment. Is there still room customization like in PSU? That was fun.

Yes, but it is extremely limited if you don't use a MyRoom pass or Premium.

cheapgunner
Jan 24, 2020, 02:55 PM
Yes, but it is extremely limited if you don't use a MyRoom pass or Premium.

To add to this: MyRoom passes are quite easy to get. You can stack up to 30 of them on your account, so 90 days worth. It costs 2 excubes for 1 room pass iirc.

r00tabaga
Jan 24, 2020, 05:24 PM
Only real thing I need is My Shop.....I really couldn’t care less about room items or socializing in My Room like some do.

Fujiko
Jan 26, 2020, 12:56 PM
Picked up a used xbox on ebay for $100, so I'm ready for the CBT.

Addiction, can't wait!

ArcaneTechs
Jan 26, 2020, 04:39 PM
those of you looking to play Beast again, prepared to be disappointed since its racial "appearance" is only a Face Type that you have to purchase through the Star Gem shop (when its in rotation or part of a AC Scratch Bonus reward) and usable on any existing race. Beast Race data was in the game in its early days (I think its still in there now or removed) but its never been used for anything and Sega hasn't planned anything for Beasts (that we know of) since then (7+yrs ago). So uhh those PSU starting players, don't expect Beasts anytime soon unless Sega somehow gets it started through Story Mode again

▲➌〇N
Jan 27, 2020, 09:41 AM
Pso and PSU are different games, beasts were never in pso. So they shouldn't be expecting anything anyways.

Is there a pso2 west official forums or anything like that, as it seems the sega forums were taken down.😬😬😬

SELENNA
Jan 27, 2020, 10:01 AM
Pso and PSU are different games, beasts were never in pso. So they shouldn't be expecting anything anyways.

Is there a pso2 west official forums or anything like that, as it seems the sega forums were taken down.😬😬😬

Most communities are on Discord now, which is sad because once the service goes out a lot of conversions will be lost forever. Hence why I love forums still, they're very useful for guides, discussions and just a nostalgia trip really. Looking back at GameFAQS for classic videogames is fun, for instance.

landman
Jan 27, 2020, 11:00 AM
Beasts were numan with different stats anyway, in fact, Nei and Fal/Rika were closer to beasts while pso space elves were psu newman. In PSO2 race-gender differences hardly matter at all, so you can cosplay your Beast with any race you want.

The sega forum turned into an unofficial discord, but last time I checked it was practically dead, the only official community there right now is either twitter or facebook.

Kondibon
Jan 27, 2020, 12:34 PM
Deumen weren't in PSO either, but they're in PSO2. PSO2 is as much a different game as PSU was to PSO.

r00tabaga
Jan 27, 2020, 01:13 PM
Feb 7th!!!!!!!!!

r00tabaga
Jan 27, 2020, 01:16 PM
Using Vacation Day.....lol
I am really hyped now just for the fact that my friends can finally play with me.

Anduril
Jan 27, 2020, 01:53 PM
So Emergency Quests are Urgent Quests. It's nice that the first raid boss they are using is Vardha.
My question is, though, how many Ships are they going to have?

r00tabaga
Jan 27, 2020, 01:59 PM
Closed Beta Test Schedule

Starts: Friday, February 7th, 5 PM (PST)
Ends: Saturday, February 8th, 11:59 PM (PST)
Official Website: Opens Friday, February 7th, 10 AM (PST)

Pre-Load: Players will be able to install the game in advance starting Monday, February 3rd.
Download it once: You can update the existing client for the upcoming Open Beta Test and Launch without having to redownload the game.

Ryo
Jan 27, 2020, 02:29 PM
Hey y'all, I'm a little behind. Do we know if the US version will link with the Japanese servers?

XrosBlader821
Jan 27, 2020, 02:32 PM
Hey y'all, I'm a little behind. Do we know if the US version will link with the Japanese servers?

Why would it...

--------------

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/597857533734027278/671436719391768576/unknown.png

Those are some spicy EQ name translations

Anduril
Jan 27, 2020, 02:33 PM

It appears they will not:

Ryo
Jan 27, 2020, 02:43 PM
It appears they will not:

Thanks! I haven't kept up with the JP server the way I would have liked since I became busy, but I'll be covering the US release. I appreciate the help!

Tymek
Jan 27, 2020, 03:04 PM
From the associated press release:

"This closed beta test will introduce North American players to the PSO2 game world with fully localized text and character voices in English."

ArcaneTechs
Jan 27, 2020, 03:18 PM
Why would it...

you need to remember that Sakai wanted PSO2 to have International servers so we all could play together at once, not separately but given circumstances over the years thats either impossible or incredibly difficult to do right now outside just getting the game up and going in the West. Always a possibility of it happening somehow in the future

neither were Dumans yet they're in the game (and introduced in the story in a sorta meh way) but again, Beast race data is technically in the game, Dumans and Beasts started in the PSU universe anyways but Sega likes to come up with ways to make it happen

Reilet
Jan 27, 2020, 11:58 PM

"This closed beta test will introduce North American players to the PSO2 game world with fully localized text and character voices in English."

Source?

Literally everywhere I look, whether it's a fan article or the officials, I do not see any mentions of an english voice cast

landman
Jan 28, 2020, 03:41 AM
Source?

Literally everywhere I look, whether it's a fan article or the officials, I do not see any mentions of an english voice cast
Made a google search for the press release: https://www.rpgsite.net/news/9394-phantasy-star-online-2-closed-beta-test-runs-from-february-7-9-in-north-america-on-xbox-one

Can't wait to be verbally abused by certain bosses.

[Ayumi]
Jan 28, 2020, 06:09 AM

Just when I thought Patty, Quna, Afin, Huey, Pierto, and Melitta's voices couldn't get worse.

r00tabaga
Jan 28, 2020, 06:31 AM
@ Ayumi: LOL, it’s gonna be brutal. Yeah.

Sirius-91
Jan 28, 2020, 12:33 PM
Made a google search for the press release: https://www.rpgsite.net/news/9394-phantasy-star-online-2-closed-beta-test-runs-from-february-7-9-in-north-america-on-xbox-one

Can't wait to be verbally abused by certain bosses.
Not the official site and can't be confirmed.

r00tabaga
Jan 28, 2020, 12:41 PM
Xbox question:

I just found a super cheap Xbox on Craigslist so my teenage son can play pso2 with me.
Q: Will he need Xbox live for this game? I have Live’s Ultimate Pass and wonder if they have a free “family plan” OR hopefully this game just needs internet connection and not tied to Live.
Any and all answers are appreciated!

Tymek
Jan 28, 2020, 12:45 PM
Q: Will he need Xbox live for this game?

A lot of people have been asking this on Twitter but they're ignoring the question.

Anduril
Jan 28, 2020, 12:47 PM
Xbox question:

I just found a super cheap Xbox on Craigslist so my teenage son can play pso2 with me.
Q: Will he need Xbox live for this game? I have Live’s Ultimate Pass and wonder if they have a free “family plan” OR hopefully this game just needs internet connection and not tied to Live.
Any and all answers are appreciated!

The only way to share your Ultimate Pass is to set your son's XBox as your account's "Home" console; he can have his own account and can piggy back off of your Pass with all benefits, but only when he is logged into that console, and as long as you aren't actively signed-in on both (ie. make sure you don't auto-sign-in on your son's XBox), you can both play on separate consoles at the same time.

Also, looking at other f2p games on XBox (Warframe, Fortnite, etc.), it looks like Live will be needed. The only reason you didn't need it for PSU was because it had it's own subscription.

huck
Jan 28, 2020, 01:36 PM
A lot of people have been asking this on Twitter but they're ignoring the question.

I just went up and signed up for it. Didn't want to risk it

r00tabaga
Jan 28, 2020, 01:43 PM
Thx! The Japanese client on PS4 did not require PSN. Thanks for the replies I’m gonna look into the account sharing that was brought up.

r00tabaga
Jan 28, 2020, 01:52 PM
Sorry for the double post. It looks like you can use two accounts and two consoles with one Xbox live Subscription. Like stated in the above post you have to make one of the Xbox is the home account and the secondary players account it Hass to play on that one only. Again thanks for the replies it was very helpful.

r00tabaga
Jan 28, 2020, 01:55 PM
Sorry for the double post. It looks like you can use two accounts and two consoles with one Xbox live Subscription. Like stated in the above post you have to make one of the Xbox’s the Home Xbox and the secondary player must use their account on it. HAVE to play on that one only. The person with Xbox Live can use both consoles obviously. Again thanks for the replies it was very helpful.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2020, 01:57 PM
Solely up to Sega if they want to require XBL Gold or not, same exact situation with f2p games on Ps4

EvilMag
Jan 28, 2020, 02:31 PM
F2P does require XBL Gold to play.

I remember needing it when I wanted to play Paladins and Fortnite with friends on Xbox.

XrosBlader821
Jan 28, 2020, 03:07 PM
lol neither PS+ nor Switch Online is required to play F2P on PS4 & Switch.

Not the official site and can't be confirmed.

Its in the press release. Every news site reporting on this says it'll be voiced in English.

Sirius-91
Jan 28, 2020, 04:44 PM
Its in the press release. Every news site reporting on this says it'll be voiced in English.
I have a very hard time believing it, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

XrosBlader821
Jan 28, 2020, 08:00 PM
I have a very hard time believing it, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well, there you have it.

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1222323522598526977

Sirius-91
Jan 28, 2020, 08:08 PM
Well, there you have it.

I'm amazed.

Tymek
Jan 28, 2020, 08:19 PM
Told ya! :D

Follisimo
Jan 28, 2020, 08:23 PM
I'm amazed.

MS paid some good money to get the game over here. The Xbox One X version is even getting enhanced 4k visual treatment.

Tymek
Jan 28, 2020, 08:35 PM
But the fact that even the songs are getting translated, my goodness. I'm going to play with the English voices if only to not let all of that work go to waste. When Portable 2 was released overseas, they *removed* pretty much all voice acting outside of prerendered cutscenes, so this is a welcome turnaround.

No wonder all of this took so long.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2020, 08:44 PM
Well, there you have it.

least we have dual audio but ill leave it in English until i get tired of it

my issue is how theyre going to tackle balance (if they keep it the same as JP) and like 90% of the game being out of date let alone 1300 titles for current end game gear.

starwind75043
Jan 28, 2020, 08:49 PM
least we have dual audio but ill leave it in English until i get tired of it

my issue is how theyre going to tackle balance (if they keep it the same as JP) and like 90% of the game being out of date let alone 1300 titles for current end game gear.

Will NA have any say in balance? They really shouldn't. I wouldn't want a Sea version were we get stats on outfits.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2020, 08:56 PM
Will NA have any say in balance? They really shouldn't. I wouldn't want a Sea version were we get stats on outfits.

i dont know, they could rebalance for casual sake or stick to JP balance so its less hassle. i have no idea

XrosBlader821
Jan 28, 2020, 09:12 PM
Honestly i wouldn't mind if NA had separate balance team.
stuff like
- Dex being a mostly useless stat
- Skill trees being plagued with "noob traps" instead of providing interesting and viable options
- Certain classes being effectively Mono-Weapon even though they can equip more than one (Techtor, Gunner).
- Fire Techs being garbage on class combos that don't include Fo and even if you're spending 20sp into that element their performance is questionable.
- Gunslashes
Are really things that could've been taken care of sooner if non-jpn voices could be taken serious more easily.

Kondibon
Jan 28, 2020, 09:26 PM
stuff like
- Skill trees being plagued with "noob traps" instead of providing interesting and viable options
- Certain classes being effectively Mono-Weapon even though they can equip more than one (Techtor, Gunner).
- Fire Techs being garbage on class combos that don't include Fo and even if you're spending 20sp into that element their performance is questionable.
- Gunslashes
Are really things that could've been taken care of sooner if non-jpn voices could be taken serious more easily.Voice acting and balancing are completely seperate issues that require entirely different skill sets to handle though. Most of these balance problems are so deep rooted in the game that it would be silly to expect them to have an entirely different team just for balancing the NA version... instead of, yaknow, just fixing it everywhere.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2020, 09:37 PM
stuff like
- Gunslashes
Are really things that could've been taken care of sooner if non-jpn voices could be taken serious more easily.

wow i really hoped you filled that out in the last survey they had because it would be really dumb for both servers in the long run to have different balances instead of just sticking the easy route and worrying about content only because you know, we want another Ep5 to happen again right?

XrosBlader821
Jan 28, 2020, 10:16 PM
wow i really hoped you filled that out in the last survey they had because it would be really dumb for both servers in the long run to have different balances instead of just sticking the easy route and worrying about content only because you know, we want another Ep5 to happen again right?

I did, but despite detailing a lot of problems in this game it is getting ignored every time. I blame it on my lack of knowledge of japanese. and I really dont want to bother someone who can translate it for me every time a survey rolls around.

But, and i know this isn't the best solution, I'd rather have 2 balance teams rather than 1 that is completely deaf to a large portion of their playerbase.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2020, 11:13 PM
I did, but despite detailing a lot of problems in this game it is getting ignored every time. I blame it on my lack of knowledge of japanese. and I really dont want to bother someone who can translate it for me every time a survey rolls around.

But, and i know this isn't the best solution, I'd rather have 2 balance teams rather than 1 that is completely deaf to a large portion of their playerbase.

It makes me wonder if these see these complaints and just cherry pick them, I blame YSOK for a lot the issues still but theres also others that haven't bother or are ignoring issues for years. im not even sure if its not brought up with a lot of the JP community (like a super common thing) then its ignored. I dont know how they do their thing over there but with how scarce the content has been it needs work

Sirius-91
Jan 28, 2020, 11:45 PM
It makes me wonder if these see these complaints and just cherry pick them, I blame YSOK for a lot the issues still but theres also others that haven't bother or are ignoring issues for years. im not even sure if its not brought up with a lot of the JP community (like a super common thing) then its ignored. I dont know how they do their thing over there but with how scarce the content has been it needs work
Most of the time, the japanese community tends to ignore these things until it becomes a huge problem. You'll find specific issues being laid out on blogs with hardly any commentors (and likely viewers), but unless it blows up twitter, rarely does it get reported.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 29, 2020, 12:57 AM
Most of the time, the japanese community tends to ignore these things until it becomes a huge problem. You'll find specific issues being laid out on blogs with hardly any commentors (and likely viewers), but unless it blows up twitter, rarely does it get reported.

and to think YSOK says he reads different sources about the game etc but yet here we are. still kinda that the game would need something like Twitter to remotely make any headlines, the Dev team can do so much better but either they dont know (or as you said) or they know they can continue doing what theyre knowing low effort still equals big incomes

[Ayumi]
Jan 29, 2020, 01:03 AM
My biggest question for the most part for voices is... will Deuxdeux have a French accent or otherwise?

otakun
Jan 29, 2020, 01:28 AM
My questions have nothing to do with voices. More concerned if the xbox version will support kb/m and if you need xbox live gold to participate in the beta.

Follisimo
Jan 29, 2020, 02:03 AM
My questions have nothing to do with voices. More concerned if the xbox version will support kb/m and if you need xbox live gold to participate in the beta.

Follow them on @play_pso2

They confirmed kb/m for consoles already
And while they haven't said anything about it yet. 99% you will need Xbox Live Gold like you do for all the other free to play games on their console.

Tymek
Jan 29, 2020, 01:48 PM
They finally said outright what everyone already assumed/knew: Xbox Live Gold will indeed be necessary in order to play the game on Xbox One. (https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1222591945236574208)

Dauston
Jan 29, 2020, 04:16 PM
eu players, how do you plan on paying for xbox live gold and in-game purchases like access to expanded storage etc? I am confused on how to go about this

Follisimo
Jan 29, 2020, 04:44 PM
eu players, how do you plan on paying for xbox live gold and in-game purchases like access to expanded storage etc? I am confused on how to go about this

This should answer your questions.
https://amp.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/28uuce/anyone_used_xbox_live_us_currency_even_if_you/

Dauston
Jan 29, 2020, 05:08 PM
oh cool that looks nice and simple thank you

XrosBlader821
Jan 30, 2020, 03:25 AM
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1222686052214886402?s=09

Looks like Successor classes wont be obtainable from the start.
Maybe they come later like Fi, Gu and Te originally did.

Anduril
Jan 30, 2020, 08:11 AM
I think that it might be likely that the Beta has a level cap under 75, so they wouldn't be unlockable.

Crevox
Jan 30, 2020, 12:18 PM
I thought it was already established that the game's version will be end of Episode 4 / beginning of Episode 5? Or did we learn that it's further along than that?

Anduril
Jan 30, 2020, 12:34 PM
I thought it was already established that the game's version will be end of Episode 4 / beginning of Episode 5? Or did we learn that it's further along than that?

From what I'm finding, that is just speculation; the Twitter account has yet to respond to anyone asking about it (unless I missed it somewhere).
My personal guess is that the CBT will have a lower cap, like lv45, and then they will increase it for the Open Beta and then "reveal" the Successor classes.

EDIT: So far, the only tweet I can find addressing it is this: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1221995936563359744

r00tabaga
Jan 30, 2020, 01:19 PM
LOL at the poster above who sings the beta will be level capped at 75. You do realize that the game is only going to be available for less than 24 hours right?

Anduril
Jan 30, 2020, 01:25 PM
LOL at the poster above who sings the beta will be level capped at 75. You do realize that the game is only going to be available for less than 24 hours right?

It's actually available for 31 hours. And honestly, if it were "all the content" as it stands now without putting limits on thing like the level cap, then you easily could hit lv75 twice (if not more) in that time period between ARKS Mission rewards and high EXP COs like Franka's and Kressida's.

starwind75043
Jan 30, 2020, 02:06 PM

It's really nothing out there to confirm were na is starting from at this time. If I were to guess it going to be its own hybrid client of ep 6. They will gate everything behind there release of an EP so as to not burn content right away. So you will get all the classes but be gated to EP 1/2 story/Eq at the start. Then 3 months after they open ep 3 and released the eq's that came from that time for example.

Anduril
Jan 30, 2020, 02:11 PM
It's really nothing out there to confirm were na is starting from at this time. If I were to guess it going to be its own hybrid client of ep 6. They will gate everything behind there release of an EP so as to not burn content right away. So you will get all the classes but be gated to EP 1/2 story/Eq at the start. Then 3 months after they open ep 3 and released the eq's that came from that time for example.

Something like that would definitely gel with their statement, "Suffice to say that we plan to keep our E3 2019 promise while also creating an environment that is welcoming to newcomers!"

Follisimo
Jan 30, 2020, 03:49 PM
Something like that would definitely gel with their statement, "Suffice to say that we plan to keep our E3 2019 promise while also creating an environment that is welcoming to newcomers!"

Ya we're just getting a bit less than 2 days of a closed beta. I assume when the next one happens it's open and includes PC also since they are gonna be connected and you wouldn't one 1 side to have too big of an advantage. The game was said to launch in spring 2020. So it can be anywhere from March 20 to June 20. Who knows how long the beta testing and such will last. But final version could really be up to date with Japanese servers.

Kondibon
Jan 30, 2020, 04:08 PM
you wouldn't one 1 side to have too big of an advantage. I've been seeing people say stuff like this for a while and I don't really get it. What sort of advantage would people really have in a game like this by getting a few days early? The game has so many catch up mechanics that I've seen people join within the last year and catch up or surpass me. A few days isn't going to give anyone an advantage of importance. If anything it'll give people coming in later more of a stepping stone as english information becomes more available.

otakun
Jan 30, 2020, 05:46 PM
Ya we're just getting a bit less than 2 days of a closed beta. I assume when the next one happens it's open and includes PC also since they are gonna be connected and you wouldn't one 1 side to have too big of an advantage. The game was said to launch in spring 2020. So it can be anywhere from March 20 to June 20. Who knows how long the beta testing and such will last. But final version could really be up to date with Japanese servers.

Pretty sure the open beta will not include the PC, since we are pretty sure by the way things are established now that PC will be done after the release date.

XrosBlader821
Jan 30, 2020, 08:03 PM
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1223048445474242560

Well, Group chat is a Episode 6 feature. Native Voice chat scares me tho, unless they mean the XBL party system.

Anduril
Jan 30, 2020, 08:46 PM

Well, Group chat is a Episode 6 feature. Native Voice chat scares me tho, unless they mean the XBL party system.

I imagine the native voice chat will likely be an opt-in kind of thing, so I don't think you would be hearing random lobby talking.

Dark Mits
Jan 31, 2020, 01:21 AM
I've been seeing people say stuff like this for a while and I don't really get it. What sort of advantage would people really have in a game like this by getting a few days early? The game has so many catch up mechanics that I've seen people join within the last year and catch up or surpass me. A few days isn't going to give anyone an advantage of importance. If anything it'll give people coming in later more of a stepping stone as english information becomes more available.By a few days, practically none. The biggest advantage of being a longtime player is that you have had a lot more time to accumulate some titles which are "timegated" of sorts. In some rare cases it has given a very slight advantage in acquiring equipment earlier than those who did not have the title count (the 1100, 1200, 1300 title rewards).

Titles that I consider timegated: # of enemy kills, # of chat messages types, Abductions from Time Attacks, Crafting titles, Kill X boss Y times, 100 runs with each NPC in the party, Casino titles, etc.

Has their been any mention or hint regarding the inclusion of ways to obtain the now-unavailable titles, like the Matter Board ones, the weapon grind ones, previous collaborations and temp NPCs, etc? What about the added functionality from PSO2es and IDOLA?

landman
Jan 31, 2020, 03:34 AM
My guess is they have considered all those things regarding titles. My VERY optimistic hope is that they have even scraped a lot of obsolete systems, like original weapons and grind system.

It's an xbox thing, and every game let's you mute the voice chat if you don't want to hear it.

Tymek
Jan 31, 2020, 05:59 AM
What about the added functionality from PSO2es and IDOLA?

Regarding PSO2es, they have said that they "don't have any information about that".

Pretty sure the open beta will not include the PC, since we are pretty sure by the way things are established now that PC will be done after the release date.

Conflicting information has been given out about this. On the site, it says that the Windows 10 version is scheduled to launch later in 2020, but it has been stated on Twitter that the Windows 10 version is also coming this Spring (https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1213892177224318976).

Ezodagrom
Jan 31, 2020, 06:53 AM
Conflicting information has been given out about this. On the site, it says that the Windows 10 version is scheduled to launch later in 2020, but it has been stated on Twitter that the Windows 10 version is also coming this Spring (https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1213892177224318976).
I'm guessing it could be something like early spring for xbox one and late spring for pc.

r00tabaga
Jan 31, 2020, 11:18 AM
Is this place going to have a sub forum for PSO2 NA? I think it would be helpful and I’m the sure the Japanese players would appreciate that.

Anduril
Jan 31, 2020, 11:43 AM
Is this place going to have a sub forum for PSO2 NA? I think it would be helpful and I’m the sure the Japanese players would appreciate that.
I don't recall this site ever splitting any main game forum into regions, only the old Trading subforums; usually it has just been a matter of using the right prefix for your thread to tell which version you are talking about.
Also, as it seems that the goal of the dev team is parity, I don't imagine there being a real need to have a separate sub-forum since, aside from slight name differences, the information should be pretty much interchangeable.

If you're worried about clutter not relating to what you are looking for, remember, if people use the proper prefix, you can use the Thread Display options at the bottom of each forum to only show the prefix you want:
https://i.imgur.com/gQMil0N.png

[Ayumi]
Jan 31, 2020, 03:56 PM

Seeing how PSO2 already had the tag for "JP PSO2", I would assume what will happen is we'll get a "NA PSO2" tag.
Don't see why we would need a sub forum.

Anduril
Feb 1, 2020, 02:07 AM
;3472481']Seeing how PSO2 already had the tag for "JP PSO2", I would assume what will happen is we'll get a "NA PSO2" tag.
Don't see why we would need a sub forum.

Looks like the "NA PSO2" Prefix is now usable.

Bellex
Feb 1, 2020, 07:47 PM
Yes, I see that it is.

StreetFighter2242
Feb 3, 2020, 01:20 AM
The beta lasts for 2 days....we have to make this count.

the_importer_
Feb 3, 2020, 02:00 AM
So in 4 days, we'll know if they're still called Darkers and if this was just Soynimation's doing.

Reilet
Feb 3, 2020, 02:48 AM
So in 4 days, we'll know if they're still called Darkers and if this was just Soynimation's doing.

Kinda hard to think they'll still be called Darkers when every official site says Falspawn.

Dark Mits
Feb 3, 2020, 04:37 AM
To be honest, I prefer Falspawn. It sounds more sinister and threatening. If they wanted to be edgy, they could have named Falzpawn.

[Ayumi]
Feb 3, 2020, 05:41 AM
To be honest, I prefer Falspawn. It sounds more sinister and threatening. If they wanted to be edgy, they could have named Falzpawn.

Falspawn makes me think of Sperm of Dark Falz floating around and swarming ARKS in general.
It sounds very silly and comical to me.

But hey... no one seems to be talking about how Dumans are being called Deumans.

the_importer_
Feb 3, 2020, 07:14 AM
Kinda hard to think they'll still be called Darkers when every official site says Falspawn.

The official site only has a video and a notice that makes you accept cookies, where did you see this?
https://pso2.com/

Tymek
Feb 3, 2020, 07:16 AM
;3472516']Falspawn makes me think of Sperm of Dark Falz floating around and swarming ARKS in general.
It sounds very silly and comical to me.

But hey... no one seems to be talking about how Dumans are being called Deumans.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/phantasystar/images/b/bc/Deuman1.png/

Anduril
Feb 3, 2020, 07:36 AM
The official site only has a video and a notice that makes you accept cookies, where did you see this?
https://pso2.com/

After the video stops, you can scroll down:
https://i.imgur.com/CwtkNpf.png

Calsetes
Feb 3, 2020, 08:12 AM
I forget since it's been ages since I played Episode 1 content, but at the start of the game do they know that the Darkers are actually related to Dark Falz? I thought most of the stuff related to Falz was considered confidential and was basically scrubbed from history or something. Might just be remembering it wrong, though.

Kondibon
Feb 3, 2020, 08:17 AM
;3472516']
But hey... no one seems to be talking about how Dumans are being called Deumans.Duman, Deuman, and Dewman are all pronounced exactly the same anyway. It's not a real word so there's not really any reason to get worked up about exactly how the romanization is spelled.

I forget since it's been ages since I played Episode 1 content, but at the start of the game do they know that the Darkers are actually related to Dark Falz? I thought most of the stuff related to Falz was considered confidential and was basically scrubbed from history or something. Might just be remembering it wrong, though.
The only thing that was confidential about Falz was that none of them were actually defeated, Elder and Apprentice were only sealed.

Anduril
Feb 3, 2020, 08:18 AM

It could be one of those things where the term has become disconnected from its origin over the years to your average person.

XrosBlader821
Feb 3, 2020, 08:37 AM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/phantasystar/images/b/bc/Deuman1.png/

It's always amusing seeing people argue something without checking arksfont first

PTSD from people arguing "it should be called Kuna" kicks in

the_importer_
Feb 3, 2020, 09:14 AM
After the video stops, you can scroll down:
https://i.imgur.com/CwtkNpf.png

Well, guess the 80' and 90' are back, let's Americanize everything.

https://gamefiles.alphacoders.com/boxart/original/front/thumb-360-1.jpg

Kondibon
Feb 3, 2020, 01:58 PM
Don't forget ARKS stands for "Artificial Relict to Keep Species". :wacko:

ArcaneTechs
Feb 3, 2020, 03:59 PM
It's always amusing seeing people argue something without checking arksfont first

PTSD from people arguing "it should be called Kuna" kicks in

PSO2 text is genuiely ugly and sorta hard to read so its not exactly something everyone is going to pick up on. I do remember when the race appeared in the West (PSP games) they officially named it "Deuman" but a lot of people stuck to "Duman"

Kondibon
Feb 3, 2020, 04:57 PM
It's obviously Dewman guys. :wacko:

[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/7AolB66.png[/spoiler-box]

r00tabaga
Feb 3, 2020, 05:23 PM
Is there gonna be a PSO-world ship? I know many were on Ship 2 in the Japanese version.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 3, 2020, 06:04 PM
Is there gonna be a PSO-world ship? I know many were on Ship 2 in the Japanese version.

JP Ship 2 is basically the Gaijin ship, with the NA release there isnt a need for it so likely everyone will just flock to Ship 1 as usual. Others will probably do Ship 2 for meme reasons maybe

Kondibon
Feb 3, 2020, 06:11 PM
JP Ship 2 is basically the Gaijin ship, with the NA release there isnt a need for it so likely everyone will just flock to Ship 1 as usual. Others will probably do Ship 2 for meme reasons maybeShip 2 will be the place everyone who feels superior for having played the japanese version despite not actually being that good at the game will go. It'll be abandoned in a week when everyone gets banned for being openly gross. They'll then move to reddit, twitter, and any sort of official forum that shows up, to complain about how Sega and Microsoft are oppressing their freedom of speech by not allowing them to spam dubious pornographic symbol arts, blatant racial slurs, and "I was just joking" threats.

Dauston
Feb 3, 2020, 06:27 PM
My original question:

"eu players, how do you plan on paying for xbox live gold and in-game purchases like access to expanded storage etc? I am confused on how to go about this"

And Follisimo's reply:

This should answer your questions.
https://amp.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/28uuce/anyone_used_xbox_live_us_currency_even_if_you/

However, after finally giving what this link suggests a try, it seems to not work any more unless I'm doing something wrong? Using a UK Visa Debit card and following what is said in that link, I got an error saying it was not able to contact my bank :(

Does anyone have any other suggestions! Getting desperate! >.<

Zulastar
Feb 3, 2020, 06:35 PM
everyone gets banned for being openly gross

Sadly such a kind of people can't be banned from the life either.

Returning to main topic: 80% of this game for me is a fashion scratch content (I kept busy myself by making mods for skyrim/fallouts before start to play here seriously) which I'm working hard for. But it's considered as just additional and I think it won't be moved to NA in a full available amount.

Kondibon
Feb 3, 2020, 06:44 PM

https://i.imgur.com/1nmXwfDm.png

Anduril
Feb 3, 2020, 07:00 PM
My original question:

"eu players, how do you plan on paying for xbox live gold and in-game purchases like access to expanded storage etc? I am confused on how to go about this"

And Follisimo's reply:

However, after finally giving what this link suggests a try, it seems to not work any more unless I'm doing something wrong? Using a UK Visa Debit card and following what is said in that link, I got an error saying it was not able to contact my bank :(

Does anyone have any other suggestions! Getting desperate! >.<

I believe your only option is to buy NA XBox Gift Cards. Amazon sells digital codes that deliver to your e-mail address and you should be able to pay with a UK Visa or Mastercard, but you might still need a physical address from the same region on your account.
I think there are other sites that do resale of codes, but I'm not sure what they are or if they would be on the up-and-up.

Zulastar
Feb 3, 2020, 07:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1nmXwfDm.png

If you'll watch closely there are 2 types of people: normal ones who behave, respect and don't bother others and non-human who even can easily commit a crime while normal people are afraid of even a thinking to do any harm to others.

I believe your only option is to buy NA XBox Gift Cards. Amazon sells digital codes that deliver to your e-mail address, but I believe you still need a physical address from the same region on your account.

I'm just happy about having an option to pay through PSO2es here. It's a just one more miss of NA release.

Anduril
Feb 3, 2020, 07:32 PM
The Beta is now available to pre-load.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 3, 2020, 07:34 PM
Ship 2 will be the place everyone who feels superior for having played the japanese version despite not actually being that good at the game will go. It'll be abandoned in a week when everyone gets banned for being openly gross. They'll then move to reddit, twitter, and any sort of official forum that shows up, to complain about how Sega and Microsoft are oppressing their freedom of speech by not allowing them to spam dubious pornographic symbol arts, blatant racial slurs, and "I was just joking" threats.

look I hate snowflakes, majority of people act like it but if someone throwing a racial slur sets you off like no tomorrow, I won't associate with those types of people (because I have to clarify this, I'm not racist) because it gets to the point where I have to walk on egg shells and be careful of every little thing I say. Grow some skin and either ignore it or go about your day (theres a Blacklist option in game for a reason). Cancel Culture is a great example of Cancer on this world of ours right now. I believe in Freedom of Speech and people are allowed to say w/e they want but naturally this is Sega's game and Microsoft (considering theyre pandering with the shitty social culture that exists along with Sony, gotta cater to them for that sweet $$$$) making this happen so there are rules to abide by so if people do end up getting banned, its their fault.

going a bit too far, as much as I hate snowflakes I'm not wishing for them to get snapped from irl

If you'll watch closely there are 2 types of people: normal ones who behave, respect and don't bother others and non-human who even can easily commit a crime while normal people are afraid of even a thinking to do any harm to others.

welcome to the real world

The Beta is now available to pre-load.
finally, been wondering when it would be up for DL

Kondibon
Feb 3, 2020, 07:42 PM
look I hate snowflakes, majority of people act like it but if someone throwing a racial slur sets you off like no tomorrow, I won't associate with those types of people (because I have to clarify this, I'm not racist) because it gets to the point where I have to walk on egg shells and be careful of every little thing I say. Grow some skin and either ignore it or go about your day (theres a Blacklist option in game for a reason). Cancel Culture is a great example of Cancer on this world of ours right now. I believe in Freedom of Speech and people are allowed to say w/e they want but naturally this is Sega's game and Microsoft (considering pandering going on with the shitty social culture that exists) making this happen so there are rules to abide by so if people do end up getting banned, its their fault.Well don't look at me. I just want everyone to be nicer. I was making a joke/prediction based on how obnoxious b7 can get, and the kinds of people who flock to social hubs like that. :wacko: