PDA

View Full Version : My god...the horror.

Alexandrious12
Dec 18, 2019, 12:12 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/ebokc1/epic_games_fortnite_pso2_collab/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

huck
Dec 18, 2019, 12:24 PM
Link not working for me

silo1991
Dec 18, 2019, 12:35 PM
explain your terror little boy : conflicts with haters , a creppypasta , a rumor ?

the link its dead , give us a screenshot please

Alexandrious12
Dec 18, 2019, 01:20 PM
*cries* fixed

mother clusterfck
Dec 18, 2019, 03:18 PM
TBH the image in that post looks like bottom tier faked with MS Paint. Somehow I doubt that a real Fortnite x PSO2 collab promotion image would use a monochrome blue background without a single fortnite related item other than the game title and a little bit of PSO2 imagery on the left and right edges of the image.

In the off off off chance this is real, eh, can't be worse than Yuru Yuri collab. We'll probably get some better outfits / mag devices and promoting PSO2 in the West can't hurt...I think.

TBH I still don't see a single reason to want non Japanese PSO2 because of the extreme unlikeliness of being able to port over our accounts, not to mention how long it takes until the player shop has a decent amount of stuff and the high risk of losing a whole bunch of collab fashion that won't be released in the west cause it would be a waste of money for Microsoft.

For anyone that doesn't want to let go of their jp server account I think the best outcome would be still Sega dropping the eula clause that you can only play if you live in Japan, we don't even need Sega to add an official translation (god forbid we get Falspawn even in the JP version) since the translation team is doing such a good job (despite some occasional awkward mistranslations), just them acknowledging non Japanese players officially.

landman
Dec 18, 2019, 03:57 PM
I don't like Fortnite, and dislike my nephews playing ONLY Fornite (unless they visit me then play some mario/zelda), but I'd actually be glad if that was real, Fortnite is the most popular game today, and that would be incredible publicity for PSO2.

On the other hand, "akariiiiin" lobby action is the best collab ever :wacko:

silo1991
Dec 18, 2019, 04:13 PM
I don't like Fortnite, and dislike my nephews playing ONLY Fornite (unless they visit me then play some mario/zelda), but I'd actually be glad if that was real, Fortnite is the most popular game today, and that would be incredible publicity for PSO2.

On the other hand, "akariiiiin" lobby action is the best collab ever :wacko:

i agree that collab can benefit a lot the west release if its real ; im in the same position as you , my little cousins used to play alot fortnite , i used to play with them to until the game became insanely tricky . of course i still play with them anything else :P (just watch my COD videos as proof)

also if the collab includes a translation of the mining defense missions and we fight the darkers in fortnite , hell i reinstall the game for that :D

Alexandrious12
Dec 18, 2019, 04:25 PM
Its already in the JP client. People confirmed Fartnite animations and items files via data mine.

......the horror...

huck
Dec 18, 2019, 04:28 PM
TBH I still don't see a single reason to want non Japanese PSO2...

Not everyone has or wants a gaming PC. Idky this is so hard for PC players to understand

ust them acknowledging non Japanese players officially.

Also I don't understand why people are being so loyal to them. They don't even acknowledge us.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2019, 04:43 PM
Its already in the JP client. People confirmed Fartnite animations and items files via data mine.

......the horror...

Except this isnt true at all nor does anything Fornite related datamined at any point. PS community getting baited like usual

Alexandrious12
Dec 18, 2019, 07:05 PM
Except this isnt true at all nor does anything Fornite related datamined at any point. PS community getting baited like usual

They found it actually. A few people did. But oh well. Guess Microsoft has to do something to get the game seen for us. What with half of the playing community sticking to JP version, unless SEGA does a midgard on ship 2.

Ah, that would be lulz.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2019, 07:12 PM
They found it actually. A few people did. But oh well. Guess Microsoft has to do something to get the game seen for us. What with half of the playing community sticking to JP version, unless SEGA does a midgard on ship 2.

Ah, that would be lulz.

I was with people who were datamining during maintenance last night ( thats why I was posting new potentials as the info came with the new weapon series) there is no Fortnite anything in the games data. Provide screen shots then and not some made up photoshop picture thats going around otherwise youre just spreading some made up joke around that the PS community always falls for

Lance813
Dec 18, 2019, 07:35 PM
I'm sorry, but this has to be fake. They aren't going to market ERPOnline to 12-year olds, are they? Honestly, it might be better for the community if they do, lol.

Any one else been thinking about Xbox PSU beta lately?

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2019, 07:37 PM
I gave you a link I said. "Smol Brain"? Really?

I wont block. Will report though. Since you are being very rude and you are trolling now.

There is literally no data for Fortnite in PSO2 like youre claiming, if theres any in Fortnite post it here. I read the reddit thread when you fixed the link hours ago. You're posting no proof aside some shitpost on Reddit trying to claim its true

Lance813
Dec 18, 2019, 07:54 PM
The beta doesn't have a schedule yet, don't believe this or that JP cares about Fortnite.

Support PSO2 in the west whichever way you can tho, don't get divided by something so trivial. I understand we all have hopes for this but we have to be patient and work with Phil and crew on this. It seems like a project that he himself is very interested in and Beta access is looking for helpful players to make PSO2 better, I believe we can win, as fans, this time since Microsoft is handling the servers and can we undo the karma that was done to PSOX if we allow ourselves to be helpful to the network admins and bug reports.

Just do your part.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2019, 07:57 PM
The beta doesn't have a schedule yet, don't believe this or that JP cares about Fortnite.

Support PSO2 in the west whichever way you can tho, don't get divided by something so trivial. I understand we all have hopes for this but we have to be patient and work with Phil and crew on this. It seems like a project that he himself is very interested in and Beta access is looking for helpful players to make PSO2 better, I believe we can win, as fans, this time since Microsoft is handling the servers and can we undo the karma that was done to PSOX if we allow ourselves to be helpful to the network admins and bug reports.

Just do your part.

SoJ is haning the servers if I recall correctly but either way OPs post is fake and wont provide anything outside a fake picture to a reddit shitpost

Lance813
Dec 18, 2019, 08:12 PM
SoJ is haning the servers if I recall correctly but either way OPs post is fake and wont provide anything outside a fake picture to a reddit shitpost

m$ is, and they paid for the data. Source: e3 interview.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2019, 08:29 PM
m$ is, and they paid for the data. Source: e3 interview.

ya i'll rewatch everything and double check, I couldnt remember if they were handling just the community side again

Sirius-91
Dec 18, 2019, 08:35 PM
My favorite thing about this is that people actually believe a shitpost and cannot see the humor in it.

Lance813
Dec 18, 2019, 08:36 PM
ya i'll rewatch everything and double check, I couldnt remember if they were handling just the community side again

I'm pretty sure you could just google "Phil Spencer PSO2 e3" or youtube it.... He made it pretty clear that they are handling the quality updates and patch implementations, but getting the data from SEGA obviously. I'm thinking they'll do their own crossovers, as well, instead of trying to acquire the Japanese licensing rights. So, FortnitexPSO2 may become a reality at some point.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 18, 2019, 08:58 PM
Sega collaborating with Epic Games is the worse route they would take, imagine the drama that would happen after that if its real

ArcaneTechs
Dec 18, 2019, 09:11 PM
My favorite thing about this is that people actually believe a shitpost and cannot see the humor in it.

I know it's a shitpost from the get-go but when theres people trying to push this like its a real thing is something else

Sirius-91
Dec 18, 2019, 09:28 PM
I know it's a shitpost from the get-go but when theres people trying to push this like its a real thing is something else
It's low effort bait and your response to it means it worked.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2019, 12:43 AM
It's low effort bait and your response to it means it worked.

only because people believe literally anything about the game whenever someone is making up a joke for this game. Theres still a new playerbase and current ones who will suck up any info posted here as fact without really doing any research

Meteor Weapon
Dec 19, 2019, 05:51 AM
I'm just waiting for people to scream PSO2 being too anime for them and keep nostalgia googling how PSO/PSU is 10000000x better cuz hurrdurr nostalgia, and complain how jumping breaks the game cuz again nostalgia lol

Dark Mits
Dec 19, 2019, 07:20 AM
It's not too anime, it's just too fanservice-y. I'd say that it'd be easier to immerse one's self in the game universe if characters in positions of authority acted more professionally (I'm looking at you Xiera [though they did "fix" her in the latter half of EP5 and EP6 so far]), and if there was less "drama queen-ing".

PhotonDrop
Dec 19, 2019, 07:45 AM
o hai

mother clusterfck
Dec 20, 2019, 11:35 AM
Not everyone has or wants a gaming PC. Idky this is so hard for PC players to understand

Also I don't understand why people are being so loyal to them. They don't even acknowledge us.
PSO2 on pc runs on potatoes.

Also, what? what does alleged loyalty have to do with not wanting to lose an account you made an effort for over the 5 years? And some people even spent a lot of money on their account.
In the first place, you make no sense. I said it's best if they acknowledge us and you complain that I shouldn't talk about it cause...they don't acknowledge us at the moment? That's what I just said, why reply as if you are contradicting me?

Anduril
Dec 20, 2019, 12:04 PM
We all know the real collab and beta reward will be a Master Chief all-race costume and an all-weapon energy sword camo. That or MS will do what truly needs to be done and reskin Nyau as the one true XBox mascot, Blinx the Time Sweeper!