PDA

View Full Version : Some questions from a “new” player

DPShiro
Jan 28, 2020, 06:57 AM
Played PSO & PSU for countless thousand hours on Dreamcast, Xbox OG, GameCube and 360.
But no experience with PSO2 since I don’t like pc gaming.

Had some stuff I was curious about, will probably play Force & Ranger like before, so I’m kinda confused about race.
Always loved Cast and Newmans, so probably try out those.

Ive read that it isn’t too big of a deal, unless you are a Cast force for example. So this means I’ll have to go 2 characters instead of just one?

How are Dumans for both? I will be looking to min/max, as that’s what I find enjoyable, and hopefully I’ll fit in some fashion as well.

Are Dumans comparable to others in both mag/melee?

What races do you recommend for endgame classes and why?

Is it true you can’t change gender or race still?

Is there any difference between male/female except visuals? For example PSU has different stats and animations with weapons

Nice to be back, surprised my old account was still here ^_^

[Ayumi]
Jan 28, 2020, 07:19 AM
Ive read that it isn’t too big of a deal, unless you are a Cast force for example. So this means I’ll have to go 2 characters instead of just one?

It's not much of a situation like PSU. You could play as a Force as Cast. The issue though of course is it will take you longer to reach requirements for certain things as while it's not too bad, your T-ATK and T-DEF in general is low in general so let's say a human can learn a disk at maybe level 50 while you would have to wait until maybe level 55 or 60 or something. Just an example.

How are Dumans for both? I will be looking to min/max, as that’s what I find enjoyable, and hopefully I’ll fit in some fashion as well.

Dumans are fine for everything in general. They're not much of a glass cannon anymore like in Infinity, though. Once again as stated, stats for the most part are almost evened out so you it's not much of a factor.
The only issue I have with Dumans are their softened button-like nose that they have that stands out way too much for me at times.

Already answered.

Races don't matter. Really. By endgame they're for the most part equal. Play whichever you're interested in playing.

Well yeah... not sure why they would allow that. You CAN change your skin colour between the races though.

Is there any difference between male/female except visuals? For example PSU has different stats and animations with weapons

Once again like races, male and female stats are slightly different, but not too much of a factor as once again PSO or PSU. I haven't seen a difference in attack animations for males and females and for things like lobby actions, you can use either on both.
Oh and in walking/running/lobby seats. Those are different.

Overall, play however you want on whichever race or sex you like.
You also have 3 free character slots so you could make a Duman, Cast/Caseal, and whichever and play them however you please.

Dark Mits
Jan 28, 2020, 08:29 AM
I'll give similar answers to [Ayumi]

At endgame all combinations are able to do everything. The character stats are dwarfed by the stats provided by equipment. If I remember correctly, the difference in T-atk between Newman F and Cast M (which should be the largest difference for any stat) is less than 100 at lvl90/90. That translates to less than 2% difference at maximal output conditions (dummy target test), and this difference is further reduced the more movement (downtime) you include. Race/sex combination only matters for how fast you can learn new PAs/Techs and how fast you can equip higher rarity weapons. But you will be able to learn and equip absolutely everything before the level cap.

Also note that you get passive bonuses to every character on a ship once you reach lvl75 for each class. This means that your alts will have an even easier time levelling up if you unlock them all first on a main character.

How are Dumans for both? I will be looking to min/max, as that’s what I find enjoyable, and hopefully I’ll fit in some fashion as well.Dewman is advertised as the race with higher attack and lesser defenses. But still, if you want to absolutely minmax down to the 0.0001%, you have only Male Cast for R-atk, only Newman Female for T-atk, and Dewman Male / Cast Male for S-atk. You can consult the japanese wiki (https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%A8%AE%E6%97%8F%E6%AF%94%E8%BC%83) for further information.

What races do you recommend for endgame classes and why?There is no such thing as endgame class. I think some Gunner variant is supposed to be the best class for solo content based on Endless Quest performance.

Is it true you can’t change gender or race still?You can't. Which is why you should roll a female. There are 5 times more outfit options than for male.

Is there any difference between male/female except visuals?Only visuals.

Reilet
Jan 28, 2020, 09:26 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/esh898/race_and_class_stat_difference/?ref=share&ref_source=link

All the racial, class, and gender difference you can see.

Dewman is advertised as the race with higher attack and lesser defenses. But still, if you want to absolutely minmax down to the 0.0001%, you have only Male Cast for R-atk, only Newman Female for T-atk, and Dewman Male / Cast Male for S-atk. You can consult the japanese wiki (https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%A8%AE%E6%97%8F%E6%AF%94%E8%BC%83) for further information.

Male Deuman is the highest S-atk, followed by female deuman. Female deuman and female cast tie for highest r-atk. The only real significance is how cast has 100 more hp over everyone.

Bellex
Jan 28, 2020, 12:40 PM
I myself came back just a few days ago. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one.

Since you said you don't like pc gaming, assuming you mean keyboard and mouse, you can actually use an xbox controller. Well I hope you still can.

Anduril
Jan 28, 2020, 12:50 PM
I myself came back just a few days ago. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one.

Since you said you don't like pc gaming, assuming you mean keyboard and mouse, you can actually use an xbox controller. Well I hope you still can.

Yes, you still can use a controller.

Loyd Azakuya
Jan 28, 2020, 04:28 PM
You can't. Which is why you should roll a female. There are 5 times more outfit options than for male.
and also 5 times more expensive than male costumes

[Ayumi]
Jan 28, 2020, 05:59 PM
and also 5 times more expensive than male costumes

The only envy I have of males is I truly truly truly wish I had more pants options. Sega hates giving me pants.

Though overall, male options as a whole are very poor and terrible. Especially for Casts as you can only make metal beings and nothing that has an actual face like Caseals.

Anduril
Jan 28, 2020, 06:51 PM
;3472377']Especially for Casts as you can only make metal beings and nothing that has an actual face like Caseals.
????
Male CASTs can use human faces as well. This right here is my male CAST:
[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/TAzUEqa.png[/spoiler-box]
Unless you are talking about CAST-like head/hairstyle with an exposed face?

r00tabaga
Jan 28, 2020, 07:06 PM
Beastly looking Cast....nice

Kondibon
Jan 28, 2020, 08:14 PM
;3472352']
The only issue I have with Dumans are their softened button-like nose that they have that stands out way too much for me at times.
They have the exact same face options as human and newman characters though.

Anduril
Jan 28, 2020, 08:35 PM

Deumen have a this thing where there is little/no shadow around the bridge of their noses and their nostrils that makes their noses look "softer" than the other races; it's been one of my constant battles when trying to get my light-skinned Deuman's face just right.

[Ayumi]
Jan 28, 2020, 09:33 PM

Deumen have a this thing where there is little/no shadow around the bridge of their noses and their nostrils that makes their noses look "softer" than the other races; it's been one of my constant battles when trying to get my light-skinned Deuman's face just right.

Yeah. I have my main character and 2nd character the same. When PSO2 1st came out I wanted at 1st to make a Duman since Infinity... but the race didn't exist until later.
When they gave the free 2nd slot, I quickly made my Human as a Duman and I had issued with the nose as I couldn't get it right and wasn't sure why and thought I just didn't know how to make the nose right (Even using screenshots of my human in the salon as reference).

All was confirmed when someone made the race converter program where I took an actual save of my human and pasted it on my Duman and they still had the soft messed up nose.

I hate it.

Kondibon
Jan 28, 2020, 09:35 PM
I guess I just don't play my deuman enough.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2020, 09:39 PM
you'd think with how lazy Sega has been with content recently that adding a paid gender/race swap could have been a thing by now, knowing they would make easy money since they already dont much as is

[Ayumi]
Jan 28, 2020, 09:47 PM
you'd think with how lazy Sega has been with content recently that adding a paid gender/race swap could have been a thing by now, knowing they would make easy money since they already dont much as is

I'm sure it would go down the same category of "not worth it".
When name changes I think is 1300 AC? Something simple as a name change when if you really have to (as all you would have to redo is level up as titles and such are account/ship bound) is remake the character for just 500AC.

I would guess changing gender/race would be around 1500 to 2000 AC.

the_importer_
Jan 28, 2020, 09:53 PM
Played PSO & PSU for countless thousand hours on Dreamcast, Xbox OG, GameCube and 360.
But no experience with PSO2 since I don’t like pc gaming.

Had some stuff I was curious about, will probably play Force & Ranger like before, so I’m kinda confused about race.
Always loved Cast and Newmans, so probably try out those.

Nice to be back, surprised my old account was still here ^_^

It's a new ball game my friend. In short:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s1s5K52zEQ

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2020, 11:18 PM
;3472401']I'm sure it would go down the same category of "not worth it".
When name changes I think is 1300 AC? Something simple as a name change when if you really have to (as all you would have to redo is level up as titles and such are account/ship bound) is remake the character for just 500AC.

I would guess changing gender/race would be around 1500 to 2000 AC.

you think its not worth it but people would be still willing to pay it even with a 1500-2000 AC ration (i was honestly pricing it at least 500-1000). The name change is over priced, why I need to pay 1500ac (roughly $15's) for a simple text edit idk but I've never done it as its "not worth it"

It's a new ball game my friend. In short:
legit moron if you're really trying to give this guy the impression that skill doesn't mean anything in this game

[Ayumi]
Jan 29, 2020, 04:10 AM
I guess I just don't play my deuman enough.

Example of my Human and Duman.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/p614OFw.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
I DO wish they had the same noses as Humans and Newmans.

DPShiro
Feb 4, 2020, 02:54 AM
Thank you for replying, was some good info!

Speaking of female/male, is there a gallery of outfits available for each? Curious to see how much of a difference it is.
Also do you buy your outfits in packs or how does that work?

Is there some nice discord’s for PSO2 around?

(slow reply been in for surgery)

[Ayumi]
Feb 4, 2020, 03:40 AM
Thank you for replying, was some good info!

Speaking of female/male, is there a gallery of outfits available for each? Curious to see how much of a difference it is.
Also do you buy your outfits in packs or how does that work?

Is there some nice discord’s for PSO2 around?

(slow reply been in for surgery)

Gallery:
https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A8%E3%82%B9%E3%83%86
They're split by outfits for male/female/both, layered, and then accessories based on location (head, neck, body, etc).
It's in JPN, but you could always use google translate to explore a bit easier.

You get them either as a random item through the AC Scratch, or you can let people do that instead and you buy it off them through the player shops with meseta.

Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/pso2

Advice for surgery: Don't go to a doctor that learn all his skills through playing the Operation Board Game.

DPShiro
Feb 4, 2020, 05:20 AM
Wow that site was messy, just wanted to check out some quick pics lol

If I choose a female Cast, I can use both cast parts and all human stuff right? Just not the Newman ears?

The more videos I watch, the less fun Ranger/Force seems compared to old games. Like clunky and slow. Although Phantom seems interesting

Super hyped though, not many days left ^_^

oratank
Feb 4, 2020, 07:11 AM
Cast don't have ears but you can put some accessory on it

landman
Feb 4, 2020, 07:24 AM

If I choose a female Cast, I can use both cast parts and all human stuff right? Just not the Newman ears?

The more videos I watch, the less fun Ranger/Force seems compared to old games. Like clunky and slow. Although Phantom seems interesting

Provably depends on playstile but I've always enjoyed PSO2 Force more than in any previous game (also I hate chasing enemies so nuking/sniping them is the better option)

r00tabaga
Feb 4, 2020, 08:16 AM
Force is more fun in PSO2 than it looks. Techer with it’s Wand Smash is really fun. Only one I don’t like is Summoner.
4 more days...

Xbox One X ✔️
4k TV ✔️
Wireless keyboard ✔️

Calsetes
Feb 4, 2020, 09:00 AM
Summoner is the only class I am dreading having to level up on my account. I just can't think of a good character to "use" with it, and the playstyle just looks so... oddball.

Eh, maybe my opinion will change after 75 levels of it.

Reilet
Feb 4, 2020, 09:07 AM
Summoner is the only class I am dreading having to level up on my account. I just can't think of a good character to "use" with it, and the playstyle just looks so... oddball.

You most likely won't like it after 75 levels still. :wacko:

silo1991
Feb 4, 2020, 09:53 AM
You most likely won't like it after 75 levels still. :wacko:

the main diference up to lvl 85 its : alter ego gives you super armor just like massive hunter

IMO phantom its the best subclass for summoner and techer just for TE/SU combination , and if the Zeinesis takt could be crafted it would be the absolute glory

what i dislike its use bows because its boring , and partizans i never understood how to use them .. actually i barely see people using those weapons

[Ayumi]
Feb 4, 2020, 12:16 PM

Yeah. It takes some getting used to with the site. It's the best I've seen though.
Caseals you can wear everything for females. Your ears are frequency speakers pretty much. You have no actual ears. Just a place where sound would go in for the Casts/Caseals to hear.

It depends on as well on what you're interested in. I find Ranger much faster than the older games. The Launchers play like the grenade of PSU. About as slow. The rifles seems much faster than they were in both PSO of course and you can now move and shoot.

Provably depends on playstile but I've always enjoyed PSO2 Force more than in any previous game (also I hate chasing enemies so nuking/sniping them is the better option)

This is why in general I've always hated melee. That's just my personal preference. Before PSO1, I was always more interested in melee. Didn't like the classes for Hunters so... I've went RAcaseal and RAmarl. Have never looked back. Now in PSO2 where things can run and spin and move around frantically, melee is even more annoying having to play fetch with them.

Oh and I should say I know I'm in the minority as I don't like Phantom's Rod to Force's Rod. I rather Force.

I was the same when Summoner 1st was shown before it was released... then after release day, it was one of my most played classes next to Gunner, Bouncer, and Force.
...then Hero came out...

Kondibon
Feb 4, 2020, 03:47 PM

If you don't like Su then you can just level it with bonus keys to get it to 75.

landman
Feb 4, 2020, 05:31 PM
;3472591']This is why in general I've always hated melee. That's just my personal preference. Before PSO1, I was always more interested in melee. Didn't like the classes for Hunters so... I've went RAcaseal and RAmarl. Have never looked back. Now in PSO2 where things can run and spin and move around frantically, melee is even more annoying having to play fetch with them.
Scared fleeing mobs in PSU made me hate melee too... luckily pso2 close combat weapons can be both fast in movement and wide in range. But nuking still feels better.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 4, 2020, 11:55 PM
IMO phantom its the best subclass for summoner

its literal fact that Su/Ph is the best combo for Su. Creating a Dex Mag will allow you to play Bo/Ph, Br/Ph, and any other combo that Dex can either stack or benefit the class

DPShiro
Feb 5, 2020, 01:42 AM
Can I use Mags on different characters?
And is there guides how I should build for each class somewhere?

Is anything bind on character or can every character use whatever it I bank stuff?

Thanks for the input about Forces, might just “look” boring from the videos I’ve seen, maybe someone has a video to link how endgame forces play? =)

How do you all play, 1 main that does all classes or alts? Always loved alt characters in games, but read that this was more suited for 1 main for everything, might be wrong.

Cant wait to see if all the iconic weapons from
previous games is there ^_^

Anduril
Feb 5, 2020, 01:54 AM
Can I use Mags on different characters?
And is there guides how I should build for each class somewhere?

Is anything bind on character or can every character use whatever it I bank stuff?

Thanks for the input about Forces, might just “look” boring from the videos I’ve seen, maybe someone has a video to link how endgame forces play? =)

How do you all play, 1 main that does all classes or alts? Always loved alt characters in games, but read that this was more suited for 1 main for everything, might be wrong.

Cant wait to see if all the iconic weapons from
previous games is there ^_^

Mags are character bound.
Aesthetic tickets are character bound, unless you use a second, at which point they become available account-wide. Any Weapons, Armors, Materials, etc. are accessible by all characters on the same Ship as long as they are not in your Inventory or Character Storage.
You can go any way you want with characters; some people prefer one main with all classes, some spread them out; the main thing to keep in mind is that if you do want to do a single character with multiple classes, you will likely need more than one Mag since the best build for the most part for Mags is Pure ATK (S for Melee classes, R for Ranged classes, and T for Tech classes) and Pure Dex (for Bo, Br, and Ph).

DPShiro
Feb 5, 2020, 02:02 AM
Wait isn’t ships like previously that you can switch freely when you log in?

Really don’t want to be locked to a different ship/server, that system is really bad :(

XrosBlader821
Feb 5, 2020, 02:08 AM

Really don’t want to be locked to a different ship/server, that system is really bad :(

Characters are tied to ships they're created on and there are more benefits of having multiple characters on one ship.

You can create characters on other ships tho but they wont share anything between each other except for premium currency and titles.

Anduril
Feb 5, 2020, 02:09 AM

Ships are separate and you cannot move individual characters between them for free, though you can have characters on different Ships; within each Ship is a set of Blocks that you can freely move between.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 5, 2020, 02:19 AM

you dont have to do all classes on one character unless you want to but then comes the issues of having to build your classes a specific way in case you want to Sub or Main it which now brings the issue of having to buy another tree for that class for it to work well and also having to buy Mags that are also built to compliment those classes. I usually recommend with the 3 free character slots you get is that you do one for Strike, Range & Tech based so that you're utilizing weeklies and allowing a bit more freedom when it comes to certain class builds and less hassle of having to pour more IRL cash into buying the extra's to make things work the way you want them. Up to you, you can have one character play them all and the other 2 play something else specific that you want

DPShiro
Feb 5, 2020, 02:23 AM
What ship will people from here choose?

I don’t mind spending some cash on the game, so I will get more slots and storage and whatever’s needed.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 5, 2020, 02:24 AM
What ship will people from here choose?

I don’t mind spending some cash on the game, so I will get more slots and storage and whatever’s needed.

Majority of English players play on Ship 02 (JP)

DPShiro
Feb 5, 2020, 02:33 AM
Hmm I wonder if there will be any ship for EU players

Dark Mits
Feb 5, 2020, 02:58 AM
Hmm I wonder if there will be any ship for EU playersDidn't they say that they have no news regarding EMEA regions? Or did they update it to have the US servers cover North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa (and possibly Antactica too)?

landman
Feb 5, 2020, 03:00 AM
Hmm I wonder if there will be any ship for EU players
If you are joining the NA PSO2 server, then stick to ship 1. It's hard to know which ship will have the most players, but from previous games experiences people just flock into the first ships / blocks regardless of block description. In any case I'd be surprised if the population is high enough to need more than one ship in the future (but I hope I'm wrong).

Kondibon
Feb 5, 2020, 03:20 AM
Didn't they say that they have no news regarding EMEA regions? Or did they update it to have the US servers cover North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa (and possibly Antactica too)?

The twitter said there's no region lock. I imagine they at least need to check with someone to respond to questions like that, so I doubt it's going to get you in trouble or anything.

DPShiro
Feb 5, 2020, 03:52 AM
Yeah no region lock so I have some EU friends that will play with me, and I’m sure there will be a bunch of others.
Just need to figure out the Urgent times so I get those beta rewards o.O

landman
Feb 5, 2020, 05:33 AM
9 hours from central Europe, 8 from west / isles. And Either Giant Automata or Obsidian Arms would be your best bet to make 5 runs in the least time possible (even in one single session but that will depend on how experienced the multiparty is)