https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsuuOKt3MaA&feature=youtu.be&rel=0

Site
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20200205/

XrosBlader821
Feb 7, 2020, 10:55 AM
A whole lot of nothing.

[Ayumi]
Feb 7, 2020, 01:05 PM
I think I need to try and replicate that face at 0:27. I kinda like it.
Other than that, I see nothing in that video.

laz305
Feb 14, 2020, 05:49 PM
Dam this game gets a lot of updates. Every time I wanna go play it’s got a 16GB update I have to wait to download for like 2 days. I appreciate it but c’mon give it a rest already and let me play.

Anduril
Feb 14, 2020, 06:41 PM
Dam this game gets a lot of updates. Every time I wanna go play it’s got a 16GB update I have to wait to download for like 2 days. I appreciate it but c’mon give it a rest already and let me play.

Vita, I'm assuming?

laz305
Feb 14, 2020, 11:52 PM
Vita, I'm assuming?

Yep. Why others don’t get updates as frequently? Don’t tell me we’re only getting updates to stop that hack? HFS

Anduril
Feb 15, 2020, 12:41 AM
Yep. Why others don’t get updates as frequently? Don’t tell me we’re only getting updates to stop that hack? HFS

On actual content updates, PC usually only has to download 1 or 2 GB and less than 100MB for minor exe updates. It looks like this last update needed the Vita to redownload the entirety of the patched game data, probably becuase they restructured it in order to continue to fit.

laz305
Feb 15, 2020, 09:44 AM
And of course after 1 day of downloading I get an error on my vita but luckily not on my PSTV. Is it just the game folder inside the patch folder I need to copy over to try and fix the error?

ArcaneTechs
Feb 15, 2020, 03:24 PM
https://www.liberaldictionary.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/barren-2899.jpg

pso2god
Feb 15, 2020, 04:04 PM
https://cdn.cdnparenting.com/articles/2018/06/82399513-H.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hxxYilv.png

rokkuman
Feb 15, 2020, 05:29 PM
The game's been lacking content for a while now. I wonder if everything is okay with the devs.

Dark Mits
Feb 15, 2020, 07:50 PM
I remember that we were complaining about EP5 having too low new content, and we were happy with how EP6 started. EP6 released in April 2019 if I remember correctly, 10 months ago. New content that I remember:

2 new classes.
ARKS Missions
1 new EQ with 2 different "forms", so maybe we could treat it as 2 different EQs?
We got UQ 4man Armada Ship Infiltration.
We got UH Free Fields, though based on format I'd classify them as UQ Fields even though Shironia, Facility and Kuron share the format. In essence, the new content in those has been the bosses really.
We also got UH Traces of Dankness.
We got UH modes for the EQs Mommy+Daddy, Arms, DF Persona and the seasonals.
We got new LQ with Space Magatsu.

The developers have obviously spent time developing content. The problem is to be that 1) A lot of "new" content is really recycled old content. 2) We do not have a new mode to spice things up. 3) While UH is touted as "brutal" in requirements, the overall game has become easier overtime. UH for lvl90s with Lightstream is easier than XH was for lvl80s with Qliphad. 4) Design philosophy has shifted more towards higher number of runs of even faster quests.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 15, 2020, 08:49 PM
snip

Thanks for letting us all know you arent actually endgame status friendo, you really arent a "pso2 god"

@darkmits

I was only happy with Phantom on Ep6 release, i didnt fall for the illusion that YSOK put on everyone else and look where the game is at now, running recycled content again for a new Train boss with 2-3 new moves thatll die in less than a minute

I mentioned before, QoL updates are great but theyre not content to hold people over for periods of time

Meteor Weapon
Feb 15, 2020, 10:37 PM
Well there's Divide Quest coming up in sometime in March but I'll probably be busy playing Doom Eternal lmao

ArcaneTechs
Feb 16, 2020, 12:59 AM
Well there's Divide Quest coming up in sometime in March but I'll probably be busy playing Doom Eternal lmao

i need to see more of it, atm the only impression im getting is running through existing content just to fight big fat lumin mech at the end and thats it. im assuming next stream theyll go into more details about it

XrosBlader821
Feb 16, 2020, 05:20 AM
We also got UH Traces of Dankness.
We got UH modes for the EQs Mommy+Daddy, Arms, DF Persona and the seasonals.

Same quest with nothing but higher stats can barely be treated as "New Content".
Also DF Persona didn't get UH, maybe you're thinking of PD.

Loveless62
Feb 16, 2020, 07:53 AM
The game's been lacking content for a while now. I wonder if everything is okay with the devs.
They have been working on the NA release. It appears that the NA release took development resources away from the JP version.

It is funny how they have been announcing updates not long before they are released, and the Ep. 6 story has been moving stupidly slow.

[Ayumi]
Feb 16, 2020, 08:16 AM
They have been working on the NA release. It appears that the NA release took development resources away from the JP version.

It is funny how they have been announcing updates not long before they are released, and the Ep. 6 story has been moving stupidly slow.

Well I hope it's worth it to them in the end.
They just better not IP block when it gets released or me get mad-mad to have to use a proxy again.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 16, 2020, 04:14 PM

you got a source SoJ is working on the West release?

the_importer_
Feb 16, 2020, 04:30 PM
;3473134']Well I hope it's worth it to them in the end.
They just better not IP block when it gets released or me get mad-mad to have to use a proxy again.

Being in a far 3rd position, M$ is in no position to piss-off any player base right now, I wouldn't worry about that.

[Ayumi]
Feb 16, 2020, 06:12 PM
Being in a far 3rd position, M$ is in no position to piss-off any player base right now, I wouldn't worry about that.

Was it Playpark that got SEA locked away on PSO2? I thought it was Sega just flat out saying, "You got your version. Play that. Go away."
Then when it got shut down it was, "Should've played/supported your version. Too bad. Go away."

But if it wasn't Sega and was Playpark that did that then yeah... I would be less worried.

Anduril
Feb 16, 2020, 06:30 PM
;3473142']Was it Playpark that got SEA locked away on PSO2? I thought it was Sega just flat out saying, "You got your version. Play that. Go away."
Then when it got shut down it was, "Should've played/supported your version. Too bad. Go away."

But if it wasn't Sega and was Playpark that did that then yeah... I would be less worried.

The IP block on SEA was at Asiasoft's request; don't forget, they also had a block in place to prevent anyone outside of SEA from playing their version. By contrast, the Taiwanese version published by Gamania never had any IP blocks, as far as I am aware.

Sizustar
Feb 16, 2020, 08:22 PM
The IP block on SEA was at Asiasoft's request; don't forget, they also had a block in place to prevent anyone outside of SEA from playing their version. By contrast, the Taiwanese version published by Gamania never had any IP blocks, as far as I am aware.

No IP block in Taiwan
And we just got Taiwan version of PSO2 Idola..

HardBoiledPapa
Feb 17, 2020, 12:23 AM

I highly doubt it's all on Asiasoft though and it's most likely agreed upon by both while Sega calling the shots. Remember pso2 in PAX2012? Chances are Sega have plans to release the game in the west but then PSO2 SEA came in but doesn't want it's players to flock to the only English server available. And tbh having no IP block in the first place will only benefit Asiasoft in the long run especially when server is losing its players back then. Back when PSO2 SEA was experiencing connection issues and the IP block temporarily went down word quickly spread and the server was immediately flooded with new players thinking that the IP block was gone for good though it was short lived. And also the reason Taiwan not having any IP block at all is pretty obvious. Who would even play there other than the Taiwanese themselves?

[Ayumi]
Feb 17, 2020, 01:21 AM
I highly doubt it's all on Asiasoft though and it's most likely agreed upon by both while Sega calling the shots. Remember pso2 in PAX2012? Chances are Sega have plans to release the game in the west but then PSO2 SEA came in but doesn't want it's players to flock to the only English server available. And tbh having no IP block in the first place will only benefit Asiasoft in the long run especially when server is losing its players back then. Back when PSO2 SEA was experiencing connection issues and the IP block temporarily went down word quickly spread and the server was immediately flooded with new players thinking that the IP block was gone for good though it was short lived. And also the reason Taiwan not having any IP block at all is pretty obvious. Who would even play there other than the Taiwanese themselves?

Thinking on it, I think I did download PSO2 SEA during the time that the IP block was down temporarily and played for a few hours one day, and the time I went back to check the game out was when the block came back.

Also: "Who would even play there other than the Taiwanese themselves?"
I had no other way of playing Dragon Ball Online except the Taiwan version long ago. I think the same was for the short while I played Dragon Quest X (That or I might've played the Japanese version).
When you have no other choices, you might take what you can get.
Not that I had a clue what was going on 99% of the time as I don't read Taiwanese.

HardBoiledPapa
Feb 17, 2020, 01:43 AM
;3473150']Thinking on it, I think I did download PSO2 SEA during the time that the IP block was down temporarily and played for a few hours one day, and the time I went back to check the game out was when the block came back.

Also: "Who would even play there other than the Taiwanese themselves?"
I had no other way of playing Dragon Ball Online except the Taiwan version long ago. I think the same was for the short while I played Dragon Quest X (That or I might've played the Japanese version).
When you have no other choices, you might take what you can get.
Not that I had a clue what was going on 99% of the time as I don't read Taiwanese.

Well thing is you have choices back then. Western players have the JP server to choose from instead of the Taiwanese server while SEA players are screwed and can only play in SEA servers unless you use a proxy to play in JP which means no point of ever trying out Taiwan server at all because they're almost the same in content. Basically I just don't see any incentives of Taiwan having an IP block in the first place from a business perspective.

Anduril
Feb 17, 2020, 02:38 AM
I highly doubt it's all on Asiasoft though and it's most likely agreed upon by both while Sega calling the shots.

Asiasoft also implemented IP Blocks with other games they published by different developers, like Maple Story, Audition Online, and Ragnarok Online 2, so I'm pretty sure it is mostly on them.

HardBoiledPapa
Feb 17, 2020, 03:21 AM
Asiasoft also implemented IP Blocks with other games they published by different developers, like Maple Story, Audition Online, and Ragnarok Online 2, so I'm pretty sure it is mostly on them.

Which is you know pretty common for publishers to do but then according to the mods on SEA forums it's all up to Sega or they are just following orders every time western players asked about the ip block. And yes I've been a lurker in that forum ever since the open beta. If Asiasoft really is the only one behind it then why the heck would they put it back in after it went down especially when their players are dwindling in number and then suddenly got a massive boost of foreign players. I mean they could've scrapped it all just to keep the server alive, right? More players means more money for them, right?

ArcaneTechs
Feb 17, 2020, 05:32 AM
this talk of an IP ban happening again is never going to end is it? the eternal fear mongering until the NA release finally happens

Loveless62
Feb 18, 2020, 11:07 AM
you got a source SoJ is working on the West release?
nope lol

[Ayumi]
Feb 18, 2020, 05:06 PM
this talk of an IP ban happening again is never going to end is it? the eternal fear mongering until the NA release finally happens

I didn't think much about it when the talk came up years ago, but I do know my connection couldn't get on for a few months that I needed a proxy to play, but I didn't think it was an IP ban and wasn't worried in general.
Was a really bad few months though, having to worry about 630 every 30 minutes or so... sometimes even happens more frequent than that. I knew PSO2 SEA wasn't going to be a problem for me as I'm not in SEA, but in this situation where I'm in NA... yeah. I would be a bit worried as I don't want to experience what they did to PSU PC/PS2 and PSU360 yet again with PSO2 NA.

After my time on PSU, I had planned since 2012 that I wasn't going to play an NA version of PSO2. No matter what.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 18, 2020, 09:42 PM
;3473228']I didn't think much about it when the talk came up years ago, but I do know my connection couldn't get on for a few months that I needed a proxy to play, but I didn't think it was an IP ban and wasn't worried in general.
Was a really bad few months though, having to worry about 630 every 30 minutes or so... sometimes even happens more frequent than that. I knew PSO2 SEA wasn't going to be a problem for me as I'm not in SEA, but in this situation where I'm in NA... yeah. I would be a bit worried as I don't want to experience what they did to PSU PC/PS2 and PSU360 yet again with PSO2 NA.

After my time on PSU, I had planned since 2012 that I wasn't going to play an NA version of PSO2. No matter what.

What could they possibly do for NA that they wouldn't do for PSU?
-Both regions had separate servers (Xbox 360 players in Japan connected to NA servers though for some reason but the community was extremely small)
-PSU PC/PS2 shutdown first because of the lack of community along with cheating (not like they won't try and curb that on NA)
-Xbox 360 PSU didn't have cross servers but PSO2 will
-Literally no IP lock to play PSU JP
-Sega of America Admins handled the no content gap extremely poorly during PSU's last years, the biggest issue that should concern most is if they're going to pull that stunt again later down NA's lifespan

If you're referring to having to use a proxy to play JP back when the DDoS happened, you and everyone else had to deal with that (if they couldnt connect naturally), either your ISP was part of the block or wasn't, you couldn't do much about it. Sounds like you had anxiety from just not being able to play the game in general which isn't healthy (could be wrong)

nope lol

okay so unless you got some concrete info from the official sources that you can link to everyone and not just "i heard it from a PSO2 discord insider" then quit passing around fake info, the PS community is already dumb enough when it comes to rumors and fearmongering (maybe the same could be said about any game community) that this kind of info spreads out so much that people are stupid enough to stick to this narrative like with NA getting content before JP despite starting up with delayed content to ease players in.

[Ayumi]
Feb 18, 2020, 10:07 PM
What could they possibly do for NA that they wouldn't do for PSU?
-Both regions had separate servers (Xbox 360 players in Japan connected to NA servers though for some reason but the community was extremely small)
-PSU PC/PS2 shutdown first because of the lack of community along with cheating (not like they won't try and curb that on NA)
-Sega of America Admins handled the no content gap extremely poorly during PSU's last years, the biggest issue that should concern most is if they're going to pull that stunt again later down NA's lifespan

If you're referring to having to use a proxy to play JP back when the DDoS happened, you and everyone else had to deal with that (if they couldnt connect naturally), either your ISP was part of the block or wasn't, you couldn't do much about it. Sounds like you had anxiety from just not being able to play the game in general which isn't healthy (could be wrong)

While extremely small, the ones I knew complained about Sega not releasing certain things and the reskinned situation near the end of its life got them really angry with the NA players.
The reason I'm not that annoyed with missing content on PSO to PSU is at least a good bit of unreleased stuff for PSO (on DC and GCN at least) could've been downloaded onto a memory card/pak /VMU and played still. Anything you missed out on while playing PSU on PC/PS2 or 360 NA... you're SOL.
I rather not deal with that again, which is why I wasted no time signing up for the alpha and beta of PSO2 years back and planned on playing the JPN version.
Seen missions, weapons, clothes I wanted that we never got. Still remember playing PSP2 on release day in Japan while I idled on PSU on the 360 and mainly fantasizing on maybe getting some of the things that's in PSP2 on PSU and having fun.
JPN got some of it.... NA got nothing. Yay...
Like I said, one big reason I said I would never play NA.

A lot of people were playing on and off waiting for the next update to come and usually only played during big events. Last big one I recall was the 1st MAG. Game was packed/full and then the community just completely died away after that waiting for the next update which never really came.
Hell on PSO2 people do that as well. The ships usually dead unless an EQ is coming or the 1st few days of a new event/mission/quest.
As for the cheating, they could've easily combatted it.
I remember early days of PSU, I think it was Nugz that tried to come back and prove he could still do what he did on PSO within PSU and for the most part, Sega stopped him. Yeah, some others since then been finding ways on bypassing and still cheating and hacking, but Sega seemed to have given up around then. That's NA players fault I guess?

PSO2 had cheaters and hackers too which Sega stomped out hard. One of the ones I remember were parties that would have launchers equipped and shooting at a wall in a free field. Never understood what exactly they were doing or how they did it, but they would kill everything on the map while they stood in a line with launchers and shot at walls. No items would drop either, and the only way you would've gotten any kills counted or exp given were if you stood near them... even though you could run through the MPA area and see an enemy die right in front of your face... but it would not count (I only knew this because I was worried if I stayed in the MPA area, it would lead to me getting banned with those cheaters so I would rush to area 3 and hoped the kills around me would've count to help me with the S or A rank I might've needed for a CO... only to find out I kept getting C rank if I ever was unlucky to get in an MPA with one of these cheaters).
There were other ones where people made very tiny characters, or floating NPCs, or NPCs out of reach or in space or whatever. The thing is Sega curbed that very quickly. I heard they still got RMTers on the game (don't know what they do to get the money and I don't want to know), but they're still caring enough to battle it. No excuse for how they managed PSUNA.

Xbox didn't, but PC/PS2 did. So I'm not sure what you mean about this. Unless you mean 360 couldn't play with PS2 and/or PC.
Yeah but... even then the problem was how they managed both either way. I didn't want that kind of management again with PSO2.

Could say the same for PSO too so this isn't special. I didn't think about the whole IP lock stuff until PSO2 SEA shut down and found out that those in that region are still pretty much locked out without a proxy in playing PSO2JP.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND this is what I don't want to deal with. This is exactly what I don't want to deal with. While we don't know how much longer PSO2 will last as it's almost been a decade now since it's been out (PSO lasted about 6 years I think if you total DC/GCN/PC and PSU was about 6 or 7 years), and while yes it's going to be new in NA this year... it's still an old game now. Don't know how they're going to be managing the game in NA, but in general it is still technically in the "later years" for the most part.
I do not want to deal with their management in NA.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 19, 2020, 01:48 AM
I get your points and I didn't want to get too detailed with a lot of the stuff you mentioned (kinda why I limited what I said). the last part though is what im hoping doesnt happen even though I'll be super on and off on NA