PDA

View Full Version : Balance Patch 10(?): I NEED MORE POWER

Altiea
Feb 25, 2020, 01:37 PM
The Vergiling is upon us.

Braver
Adjusted Katana Gear as follows:
- Gain a PASSIVE damage bonus that scales based on the Gear Level. This damage bonus applies regardless of whether or not Katana Gear is activated.
-- +35% damage at Gear 0
-- +38% damage at Gear 1
-- +40% damage at Gear 2+/Release
- Katana Counter always deals max damage regardless of Gear Level. Countering while below max Gear no longer resets the Gear Gauge.
- The effects of Katana Gear Boost applies regardless of whether or not Katana Gear is released.
- If the Class Skill "Braver Combination" is learned, gain +50% Crit Rate while a Katana or Bow is equipped. If using a Katana, your Crit Rate will increase again when Katana Gear is activated.
- When starting a Quest, Katana Gear is automatically maxed.
- All existing Katana Gear Release bonuses are unchanged (+30% ATK/+50% Crit Rate).
- Reduce Gear Gain from the following:
-- Normal Attacks/PAs
-- Zephyr's Edge/Zephyr's Edge Plus
-- Agonizing Blaze
-- S5:Hangeki Edge
-- S6:Guardian's Essence
- Reduced the Gear drain reduction effect of S4:Gear Reduction.

Fighter
- When successfully using Limit Break without activating Limit Break Insurance, the recast penalty of LBI is reset.

Hero
- Hero Boost starts at its maximum value at the start of the Quest.

silo1991
Feb 25, 2020, 01:50 PM
bravers didnt need katana buffs , what they needed its more incentives to use bows , because that weapon its boring IMO .

actually i never see people using that weapon along with partizans, the only exception its when range its necessary , in conclusion a very situational weapon

ArcaneTechs
Feb 25, 2020, 02:20 PM
The more i read about that Br "buff" the more it seems like a nerf especially when theyre reducing Gear Gains from your normal sources, something you have to constantly counter release for

XrosBlader821
Feb 25, 2020, 03:07 PM
Sega: "Lets overhaul the Katana Gear system because currently it's too focused around having it activated all the time."
also Sega: "Screw Wand Gear, just keep that shit maxed out 24/7 with Wand Lovers lol."

It's a nice buff/overhaul overall.
You basically get 30%~40% S-ATK and 50% Crit Rate passively on Katana + 30% S-ATK and 50% Crit Rate during Gear Release. Who ever says it's a nerf didn't read the changes properly. I just wish Sega was willing to overhaul core mechanics like that sooner and with more classes.

Kintama
Feb 25, 2020, 03:21 PM
So if i understand this correctly it goes:

Now:
- All existing Katana Gear Release bonuses are unchanged (+30% ATK/+50% Crit Rate).

After the buffs:
- All existing Katana Gear Release bonuses are unchanged (+30% ATK/+50% Crit Rate). + -- +30% damage at Gear 0
-- +38% damage at Gear 1
-- +40% damage at Gear 2+/Release

Correct?

EDIT: i relook at it and if i sum it up it`s: katana will gain 40% damage, 50% crit, instant full gear
but nerfs to gear gain from everything but counter

Well goddamn ep2 is back with a vengeance

Zyrusticae
Feb 25, 2020, 04:45 PM
bravers didnt need katana buffs , what they needed its more incentives to use bows , because that weapon its boring IMO .

actually i never see people using that weapon along with partizans, the only exception its when range its necessary , in conclusion a very situational weaponPartizan is still my main weapon on my Hunter. It's just that I'm usually playing other classes nowadays so it won't see much use...

silo1991
Feb 25, 2020, 05:04 PM
Partizan is still my main weapon on my Hunter. It's just that I'm usually playing other classes nowadays so it won't see much use...

i normally dont see hunters but when i do , they are using swords or wired-lances

ShinMaruku
Feb 25, 2020, 06:11 PM
Phantoms have Judgement cut not Bravers.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 25, 2020, 07:38 PM
Sega: "Lets overhaul the Katana Gear system because currently it's too focused around having it activated all the time."
also Sega: "Screw Wand Gear, just keep that shit maxed out 24/7 with Wand Lovers lol."

It's a nice buff/overhaul overall.
You basically get 30%~40% S-ATK and 50% Crit Rate passively on Katana + 30% S-ATK and 50% Crit Rate during Gear Release. Who ever says it's a nerf didn't read the changes properly. I just wish Sega was willing to overhaul core mechanics like that sooner and with more classes.

its basically now Limit Break but without the PP benefits or Hp cut but the constant need to counter something to release it because of the accumulation nerf. It's essentially a double edged blade

XrosBlader821
Feb 25, 2020, 09:33 PM
its basically now Limit Break but without the PP benefits or Hp cut but the constant need to counter something to release it because of the accumulation nerf. It's essentially a double edged blade

Yeah it's a temporary buff and not a state you have to keep up 24/7 to deal good damage, go figure.

[Ayumi]
Feb 25, 2020, 10:04 PM
I'm just glad (for the time being) they didn't try screwing with Gunner yet again.
I'm tired of them messing with Gunners.

Earthes
Feb 25, 2020, 10:23 PM
But isn't Gunner still top dog? Or was the Another S-Roll nerf that bad?

ArcaneTechs
Feb 26, 2020, 12:29 AM
;3473397']I'm just glad (for the time being) they didn't try screwing with Gunner yet again.
I'm tired of them messing with Gunners.

as a Gu main, the nerfs that happened didnt really make a massive impact and the complex PA is pretty dang good

But isn't Gunner still top dog? Or was the Another S-Roll nerf that bad?

it still is top dog, ASRA nerf wasnt that bad either

Ranmaru
Feb 26, 2020, 12:31 AM
That's good to know, I intend to main that class next.

Dark Priest
Feb 26, 2020, 01:23 AM
i normally dont see hunters but when i do , they are using swords or wired-lances

I mostly see WL spamming whatever that move that digs into the ground, i forgot now, but yeah, that's assuming I even SEE hunters...they are a rare breed.

I mean i don't blame the community when i have to level hunter as a subclass i couldn't be more bored. i have to use blood weapons or all class ones just so i can use the skills of the main i'm leveling.

milranduil
Feb 26, 2020, 03:29 AM

actually i never see people using that weapon along with partizans, the only exception its when range its necessary , in conclusion a very situational weapon

sakura gekka normal was getting outdps'd by gigrants type 0 on a single enemy with equivalent endgame gear, so i have no idea what you're talking about.

for those that want tangible math behind these changes, this is what i've told everyone:

right now, gauge already gives 10% dmg.

so its a 27% dmg buff during katana gear compared to now. HOWEVER, they're making it so you can't keep gear 24/7, so when yo udon't have gear, its about a 10-11% dmg buff comparing gear now to no gear after (which will be a significant amount of downtime). i.e.

now with gear-> no gear future - +7% (empty) to 11% (gauge 2+) damage increase
now with gear-> with gear future - +27.3% damage increase

they're nerfing normals/PAs/SSAs/pots that maintain katana gear to force gear die after a short time has passed

Tigy
Feb 26, 2020, 03:37 AM
The more i read about that Br "buff" the more it seems like a nerf especially when theyre reducing Gear Gains from your normal sources, something you have to constantly counter release for
Overall these changes are actually an obvious buff.
After the changes kick in Br katana’s satk status when unreleased will be slightly higher than it is right now when released except without pp recovery buff, and they left gear release buff untouched, it’s just ended up like they’re roughly doubling katana gear satk buff, that is massive...
Gear gain reduction should not be a concern if it’s just going to bring BrPh gear gain rate to those of BrHu. Well it most likely will be problematic for BrHu however.

milranduil
Feb 26, 2020, 03:40 AM
Overall these changes are actually an obvious buff.
After the changes kick in Br katana’s satk status when unreleased will be slightly higher than it is right now when released except without pp recovery buff, and they left gear release buff untouched, it’s just ended up like they’re roughly doubling katana gear satk buff, that is massive...
Gear gain reduction should not be a concern if it’s just going to bring BrPh gear gain rate to those of BrHu. Well it most likely will be problematic for BrHu however.

the change is adjusting the % dmg to gear gauge only. s-atk is not moving (and will in fact will be lower some of the time since you will likely not be able maintain gear 100% of the time anymore).

Tigy
Feb 26, 2020, 04:01 AM
Welp, I have a squirrel attention span. Have it been confirmed however if they will reduce the gear gain to the point it is no longer possible to keep release state 24/7?

milranduil
Feb 26, 2020, 04:32 AM
Welp, I have a squirrel attention span. Have it been confirmed however if they will reduce the gear gain to the point it is no longer possible to keep release state 24/7?

everything besides regular counter is mentioned as nerfing gear gain. we don't know by how much.

[Ayumi]
Feb 26, 2020, 09:52 AM
as a Gu main, the nerfs that happened didnt really make a massive impact and the complex PA is pretty dang good

it still is top dog, ASRA nerf wasnt that bad either

Uh... what complex PA?

Anduril
Feb 26, 2020, 10:11 AM
;3473421']Uh... what complex PA?

A new Complex PA was announced for TMGs called Calamity Bullet; it costs 2 Stock and can increase your Chain count by up to 50 if all the hits land.

Ezodagrom
Feb 26, 2020, 10:13 AM
;3473421']Uh... what complex PA?
GU tmgs are getting a complex PA in the same update as these balance changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CycQDO_H4E&t=1h40m07s

At 01:40:07 if the timestamp doesn't work. If all the bullets hit, it builds up 50 chain.

[Ayumi]
Feb 26, 2020, 02:41 PM
A new Complex PA was announced for TMGs called Calamity Bullet; it costs 2 Stock and can increase your Chain count by up to 50 if all the hits land.

GU tmgs are getting a complex PA in the same update as these balance changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CycQDO_H4E&t=1h40m07s

At 01:40:07 if the timestamp doesn't work. If all the bullets hit, it builds up 50 chain.

That... looks super cute.
Okay, I can't wait for the update now.