PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Multi-Account Banning

エリュシオン
Mar 17, 2020, 01:00 AM
Source: http://pso2.jp/players/news/25837/

This probably won't apply to a ton of people and has probably been discussed around already but, just in case, I am posting it on here.

SEGA is temporary/permanently banning Multi-Accounts that are being used for malicious purposes.
There are 752 accounts that have been banned following the announcement.

It is not specified what counts as "malicious" but, it's easy to suspect RMT is a big one. If you are playing with multiple accounts and transfer meseta from one account to another I would take precautions as to what you're trading to make it not seem obvious (Ex: 1 Grinder for 1mil+). It's unclear how hard SEGA is cracking down on these malicious acts but, It's worth not risking losing accounts if you're recklessly trading tons of meseta between the accounts.

[Ayumi]
Mar 17, 2020, 01:32 AM
Glad I'm not "for malicious purposes".

Meteor Weapon
Mar 17, 2020, 02:10 AM
Can you not make a thread like this when NA is around the corner lmao

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/644/709/d4a.gif

Ranmaru
Mar 17, 2020, 03:09 AM
Good to know, thanks.

landman
Mar 17, 2020, 03:36 AM
Well, IF you play with multiple accounts, then there is always the time you may want something that's too expensive, until you realise you can afford it if you transfer meseta from one account to the other. Just wondering what criteria are they following.

[Ayumi]
Mar 17, 2020, 03:48 AM
Well, IF you play with multiple accounts, then there is always the time you may want something that's too expensive, until you realise you can afford it if you transfer meseta from one account to the other. Just wondering what criteria are they following.

Isn't there another reason to have multiples? I'm just saying.
That's pretty much my situation at times. I do play all of them effectively (leveling classes, equipping, getting titles for stat boosts, team orders, dailies and weeklies, daily login stuff from pso2es, etc).
I don't do any RMT stuff.

Oh and sometimes when my friend is unable to play and wants me to help him with some dailies for money, I would do that too.

So yeah, I was worried for a second.

エリュシオン
Mar 17, 2020, 04:11 AM
To clarify, it's not just RTM, that's just what I believe would be one of the bigger things they want to crack down on since it's people making real income. People can use multi-accounts for harassment as well like reporting a player on multiple accounts or joining things with the intention of not participating.

I was just giving an example of bad trades/buys that would be obvious RMT, I just suggest if you want to transfer meseta between accounts at least make it something that's not like a grinder, I feel in most cases if you've been transferring meseta between accounts for awhile you're most likely safe.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 17, 2020, 05:52 AM
From what im aware, they banned people who multi accounted during the AC scratch recycle shop to gain extra goods there, for instance, i was told someone had around 20 or 30+ Omega Memoria Capsules moved to his main account (im not sure if he posted a picture or not)

[Ayumi]
Mar 17, 2020, 06:30 AM
From what im aware, they banned people who multi accounted during the AC scratch recycle shop to gain extra goods there, for instance, i was told someone had around 20 or 30+ Omega Memoria Capsules moved to his main account (im not sure if he posted a picture or not)

How would that help with multi accounts though?
Couldn't you do it all on just one account? Why would you need multiple when you could simply just scratch on one and get the same results?

landman
Mar 17, 2020, 06:40 AM
or joining things with the intention of not participating.
Hmmm, I know people multiboxing sometimes did this in EQ or Buster Quests, with the second account autofollowing or just standing there.

Lyrise
Mar 17, 2020, 09:04 AM
;3473765']How would that help with multi accounts though?
Couldn't you do it all on just one account? Why would you need multiple when you could simply just scratch on one and get the same results?

It's a special recycle shop trade - limit one per account. In order to get more than one, you would have to buy from other players for exorbitant prices, or employ multiple accounts to trade for multiple capsules.

huck
Mar 17, 2020, 01:11 PM
I have 60 characters on 2 accounts for weekly missions purposes. I guess I'll just make fodder with my alt account instead of actually giving meseta to my main

[Ayumi]
Mar 17, 2020, 01:16 PM
I have 60 characters on 2 accounts for weekly missions purposes. I guess I'll just make fodder with my alt account instead of actually giving meseta to my main

I... have 3 (excluding sometimes playing on my friend to help him which would make 4) and I don't even have half of yours.
How long does weeklies take on all of those?

huck
Mar 17, 2020, 01:38 PM
;3473770']I... have 3 (excluding sometimes playing on my friend to help him which would make 4) and I don't even have half of yours.
How long does weeklies take on all of those?

I pay somebody some meseta to speed run/carry me. So they run to Area 3 of Coast while I change characters. So only a few hours honestly

ArcaneTechs
Mar 17, 2020, 05:37 PM

Thats uhh pretty insane, i barely want to do weeklies as is but 60 a week is major burn out for me if i ever did this

huck
Mar 17, 2020, 06:12 PM
Thats uhh pretty insane, i barely want to do weeklies as is but 60 a week is major burn out for me if i ever did this

I did it because I was spending too much on ac scratch every two weeks. I only have 31 characters ready for weeklies currently. Still grinding the other 29 to lv 50. And I won't be supporting JP version with money anymore since I'll buy AC on NA version now. But I still wanted to make constant meseta on JP

Vatallus
Mar 17, 2020, 09:19 PM
Disgusting.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 17, 2020, 11:39 PM
I did it because I was spending too much on ac scratch every two weeks. I only have 31 characters ready for weeklies currently. Still grinding the other 29 to lv 50. And I won't be supporting JP version with money anymore since I'll buy AC on NA version now. But I still wanted to make constant meseta on JP

i uh, got no words to describe the money logic in this but its not my money so i guess, good on ya? bbbb

huck
Mar 17, 2020, 11:49 PM
i uh, got no words to describe the money logic in this but its not my money so i guess, good on ya? bbbb

I did the math on it one day and I'd just be making decent amount of consistent meseta each week. Doing AC depended on what everyone wanted from the scratch. Decided to get out of that market basically. Idk works for me