PDA

View Full Version : NA PSO2 How to parry

Ownedplum
Mar 25, 2020, 08:27 AM
Does anybody know how to parry on xbox one ps02?, help would be much appreciated

XrosBlader821
Mar 25, 2020, 09:57 AM
Assuming you are Hunter.

There is a Button that allows you to parry

There is a Left side Ring that allows you to excecute a Photon Art when you performed a Perfect Parry (doing it in the last few possible frames)

The three rings are all split between the three different weapons so you gotta use the correct one

Ov Strang
Mar 30, 2020, 07:10 AM
Assuming you are Hunter.

There is a Button that allows you to parry

There is a Left side Ring that allows you to excecute a Photon Art when you performed a Perfect Parry (doing it in the last few possible frames)

The three rings are all split between the three different weapons so you gotta use the correct one

The question that we want to know is what button to push to block on Xbox

XrosBlader821
Mar 30, 2020, 08:11 AM
The question that we want to know is what button to push to block on Xbox

Can't you just push every single button once and get your answer that way instead of asking in a forum filled with people who play Keyboard and mouse

Freeze
Mar 30, 2020, 09:04 AM
It's the right button for me. Timing can be tricky sometimes though.

r00tabaga
Mar 31, 2020, 10:06 AM
Standard/OTS

Action 1- x/x
Action 2- y/y
Action 3- b/b
Jump- a/a
Access- LB/LB
Change back pallet- RT/RT
Weapon action- —/—
Lock-on LT/—
Switch views- select/LT
Auto-run- V (follow- VV)
Dodge- RB/RB
Switch targets- —/—
Main menu- start/start
Quick menu- —/select
Call up subpallet- R click/R click
Toggle radar- L click/—
Show/hide area map- —/L click

This is my controller and keyboard set up

KaizoKage
Mar 31, 2020, 10:13 AM
press each button to find your guard button, then just time it perfectly

Anduril
Mar 31, 2020, 10:49 AM
If you have not set a dedicatd Weapon Action button, you must set Guard/Parry to your weapon in a PA slot; it should be labeled Weapon Action like this (though this is a Gunblade):
https://i.imgur.com/kAkbZPq.png

If you would rather set a dedicated Weapon Action button to free up a PA slot, you can do so from this menu:
https://i.imgur.com/ci7uXqu.png

ArcaneTechs
Mar 31, 2020, 12:35 PM
Wouldnt it be called "Perfect Guard" if you timed your block right as something is about to hit you? And Parry being when you get something like Ignition Parry set fully off? Or general video game parry mechanics

Ranmaru
Apr 1, 2020, 04:20 AM
Technically it's perfect guard, but when they say parry, I do think they mean perfect guard. (I also say parry when I mean perfect guard, because it's easier to say, and honestly sounds better)