PDA

View Full Version : In terms of lore, how is Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2 connected.

Neileer
Mar 25, 2020, 08:09 PM
So I started working on my red ring Rekha variant and the Western Phantasy Star Online 2. Sowa got me wondering how are these two games connected in terms of store. Is Cheer a sequel of one and vice versa or whatever?

Reilet
Mar 25, 2020, 08:11 PM
They share the same name... That's it.

landman
Mar 26, 2020, 03:13 AM
Emilia is the only thing connecting them.

Shear
Mar 26, 2020, 03:28 AM
Emilia is from Universe, not online. I don't remember anything that would connect PSO with PSO2 ... well aside from the Fan Service Stuff of course.

Anduril
Mar 26, 2020, 03:50 AM
Emilia is from Universe, not online. I don't remember anything that would connect PSO with PSO2 ... well aside from the Fan Service Stuff of course.

Like Detective Munch connecting the X-Files to Arrested Development, Emilia connects them because she has been to both settings; in one of the PSPo2i missions, she travels through subspace to (a version of) Ragol where she interacts with Rico and Flowen, and then she is seen in Oracle due to her subspace shenanigans.

Shear
Mar 26, 2020, 06:07 AM
Ah okay, scratch my comment then.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 26, 2020, 10:55 AM
Episode 5 had potential with connecting past games and they blew it.

StreetFighter2242
Mar 26, 2020, 11:14 AM

There was really no point since PSO has overshadowed the original series by that point.... The majority of People Who grew up on PSO had no Idea who Alisa was.

Tymek
Mar 26, 2020, 11:31 AM

They handled it poorly and atrociously. And what the hell was up with the costume they designed for Omega!Alis.

mother clusterfck
Mar 26, 2020, 01:09 PM
Sega don't want to connect PSO2 with any other pso games, all the PSU NPCs etc. were like collabs, irrelevant "filler" not related to the PSO2 plot.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 26, 2020, 01:42 PM
They handled it poorly and atrociously. And what the hell was up with the costume they designed for Omega!Alis.

Hey!

I liked her outfit...

silo1991
Mar 26, 2020, 01:52 PM
Hey!

I liked her outfit...

the point is does not fit on her specially knowing her personality in the 1st phantasy star

XrosBlader821
Mar 26, 2020, 01:58 PM
Sega don't want to connect PSO2 with any other pso games, all the PSU NPCs etc. were like collabs, irrelevant "filler" not related to the PSO2 plot.

No, they wanted to connect or at least reference these past games originally. After the poor reception EP5 initially got they basically had to scrap a lot of what they planned in order to manage a Free Field Quest on time. The intention was there they just had to scrap it.

StreetFighter2242
Mar 26, 2020, 02:14 PM
the point is does not fit on her specially knowing her personality in the 1st phantasy star

Well. tbf Omega Alisa isn't. PS1 Alisa so....

silo1991
Mar 26, 2020, 02:24 PM
Well. tbf Omega Alisa isn't. PS1 Alisa so....

still offended the veteran fans simply because : at least in official media , she is sacred .

and as the legend says : the mastermind of EP4 worked up to EP5 1st chapter and then he got kickout by the force for doing stuff with no course.

i mean if he/she wanted to involve characters from the original saga then Zio from phantasy star 4 was an obvious option as a villain .

StreetFighter2242
Mar 26, 2020, 02:24 PM

I hated that Costume........

StreetFighter2242
Mar 26, 2020, 02:44 PM
still offended the veteran fans simply because : at least in official media , she is sacred .

and as the legend says : the mastermind of EP4 worked up to EP5 1st chapter and then he got kickout by the force for doing stuff with no course.

i mean if he/she wanted to involve characters from the original saga then Zio from phantasy star 4 was an obvious option as a villain .

True but apparently they forgot about it.

Well when you're dealing with modern day Japan nothing is Sacred. There's Most likely even H- material about Her if you look hard enough.

Crevox
Mar 26, 2020, 03:24 PM
Ragol probably exists somewhere in the universe (as in the universe, not the game) but there's been no mention of it or any efforts to go there/acknowledge it. Dark Falz/Dark Force exists, Profound Darkness exists, but Pioneer 2 and all of that is somewhere very far away and we have had zero contact with any of it, nor any knowledge of any timeline (could've happened in the past/future).

landman
Mar 26, 2020, 03:38 PM
If PSO2 is connected to anything, then it's clearly the origin of everything, since we know the creation of the Profound Darkness was an event not that far in the past. Every other game in the series, Falz is some sealed ancient evil thing, the same about the PD origin, something in the very distant past.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 26, 2020, 04:57 PM
There's unlikely any direct connection but due to the similar design of the ships between both games I'm suspicious that it was Pioneer 3 that found Xion. (Pagini randomly name drops this after trading photon drops.)

LinkEP
Mar 27, 2020, 02:44 AM
If PSO2 is connected to anything, then it's clearly the origin of everything, since we know the creation of the Profound Darkness was an event not that far in the past. Every other game in the series, Falz is some sealed ancient evil thing, the same about the PD origin, something in the very distant past.
I second this theory.

There's unlikely any direct connection but due to the similar design of the ships between both games I'm suspicious that it was Pioneer 3 that found Xion. (Pagini randomly name drops this after trading photon drops.)
I partially agree that Pioneer 3 could be the civilization that discovered Xion due to fleet architecture design similarities. However, Pioneer 3 might have went to Gurhal Star System, because PSU hinted that Guardians are the successor of Coralian civilization based on PSO1 apparel description, see the image:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/2727/8332-m.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

landman
Mar 27, 2020, 03:05 AM
Photoners learned about photons after meeting Xion, Coral already discovered Photons, so they can't be the same civilisation.

the_importer_
Mar 27, 2020, 12:01 PM
Well if the people of Earth (EPIV) play PSO2, then there must have been a PSO1. Perhaps there will be a link in the future between the 2 games because of Earth.

StreetFighter2242
Mar 27, 2020, 05:34 PM
Well if the people of Earth (EPIV) play PSO2, then there must have been a PSO1. Perhaps there will be a link in the future between the 2 games because of Earth.

Really? Are you sure they won't just ignore it?

the_importer_
Mar 27, 2020, 05:37 PM
Really? Are you sure they won't just ignore it?

It's fun to speculate.

StreetFighter2242
Mar 27, 2020, 05:58 PM
It's fun to speculate.
True..

Meteor Weapon
Mar 29, 2020, 01:53 AM
I prefer the classic and PSO2 being a separate universe instead of PSO2 being a prequel of the classics tbh. A revelation that PD being a multiversal existence would be nice, and the one in PSO2, classics or any other game is simply an avatar/visage, with Dark Falzes being the lesser visage of it.

rudofalz
Apr 6, 2020, 02:23 PM
i've always been under the impression, that the "Ruins" in PSO Episode 1 were the remains of the Allisia III worldship from Phantasy Star III...and that "somehow" a fragment/cell division of the Profound Darkness/Dark Force/Falz made its way on board, corrupted everything as so on.
Given that premise and taking the interdiminsional ,multiverse theory also possible.