PDA

View Full Version : NA PSO2 Braver questions

Tigersoul78
Mar 31, 2020, 08:52 AM
So I have my Braver whom I love playing and he is level 50. My main questions have to do with what the best PAs to use and also if using Guard is really worth it. It just seems mobs die rather fast and using Guard is not worth it. Thanks for any input.

r00tabaga
Mar 31, 2020, 09:26 AM
Some of my fav PAs are katana PAs & guard is for Parry when gauge is full..... don’t replace it, at least I don’t.... it’s important

Tigersoul78
Mar 31, 2020, 02:11 PM
Right so what are some of the best Katana PAs to use? I mostly use Morning Mistreaver as my main damaging one. I use by Bow sometimes too but the PAs for that aren't great I've found.

Loyd Azakuya
Mar 31, 2020, 02:24 PM
Dont Know the english names of the PAs, sorry

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/images/e/e2/UIPhotonArtKanranKikyou.png Kanran-kikyou
Only if there are too many separated mobs

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/images/6/65/UIPhotonArtKazanNadeshiko.png Kazan-nadeshiko Type-0
You use it more than anything to recharge your Gear or to wait for a boss or mobs to spawn

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/images/8/85/UIPhotonArtSakuraEndo.png Sakura-endo Type-0
Your primary source of damage

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/images/6/6d/UIPhotonArtAsagiriRendan.png Asagiri-rendan
Travel PA

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/images/e/e8/UIPhotonArtGurenTessen.png Guren-tessen
An alternative for Sakura and also a gap closer

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/images/6/69/UIPhotonArtGekkaZakuro.png Gekka-Zakuro
You use it together with Sakura in combo (Sakura-endo > Gekka-Zakuro > 3rd Basic Attack) good DPS and PP management

Yes, counter is very important, when you have full gear and you do a counter, you receive 30% damage buff, PP recovery buff and 50% Crits
Also, counter is very strong vs bosses

エリュシオン
Mar 31, 2020, 02:31 PM
There isn't crafting in NA at the moment so, I don't think they will understand T0.
Regardless of that Sakura Endo is still really good without T0 but, isn't as smooth to combo off of with the normal version. Kazan, still does the gear recharge without T0 but, you just can't hold it so it's still good utility just be mindful of the high PP consumption.

Tigersoul78
Apr 2, 2020, 10:36 AM
So I'm also leveling up a Dex Mag. It won't let me feed my mag the Food Device: Dex Mini. How do I feed this to my mag?

Anduril
Apr 2, 2020, 10:38 AM
So I'm also leveling up a Dex Mag. It won't let me feed my mag the Food Device: Dex Mini. How do I feed this to my mag?
You feed them Food Devices from the Use Device option.

r00tabaga
Apr 2, 2020, 12:37 PM

Use Device. Remember, with food devices.... No schedule, use as many at once as you want.

Tigersoul78
Apr 6, 2020, 10:57 AM
So not a Braver question but does anyone know what will change when Season 4 releases on Xbox?

Anduril
Apr 6, 2020, 11:06 AM
So not a Braver question but does anyone know what will change when Season 4 releases on Xbox?

In theory, a couple of new Expeditions, a new Time Attack Quest, Bonus Quests, a new Quest type that is just horrible (aka Riding Quests), and some solo Extreme Quests, in addition to various Urgent Quests.

Keep in mind, that they haven't even released all of the Episode 2 and 3 content yet (various Urgent Quests, Ultimate Quests, Extra Hard mode, etc.), so it may be a while until we see the Ep.4 content.

r00tabaga
Apr 6, 2020, 11:08 AM

Good question!

NT Weapons????
Battle Mode?
Buster Quests??
Challenge Quests??

Anyone know?

Anduril
Apr 6, 2020, 11:14 AM
Good question!

NT Weapons????
Battle Mode?
Buster Quests??
Challenge Quests??

Anyone know?

NT Weapons are already in the NA version; they got rid of all OTs, so NTs are the default for NA.
Buster Quests are from Episode 5.
Challenge Mode was originally released with Ep.3 and the Arena was part of Ep.4; in both cases, they are standalone content, so they wouldn't need to wait for a certain Episode to release them, rather I bet they are waiting to add them on official full release.

r00tabaga
Apr 6, 2020, 11:19 AM
NT Weapons are already in the NA version; they got rid of all OTs, so NTs are the default for NA.
Buster Quests are from Episode 5.
Challenge Mode was originally released with Ep.3 and the Arena was part of Ep.4; in both cases, they are standalone content, so they wouldn't need to wait for a certain Episode to release them, rather I bet they are waiting to add them on official full release.

Perfectly answered. TYVM-

Tigersoul78
Apr 7, 2020, 07:46 AM
What are NT weapons? Also do you think the level cap will increase with episode 4?

Ezodagrom
Apr 7, 2020, 08:23 AM
What are NT weapons? Also do you think the level cap will increase with episode 4?
Originally weapons in the JP version of PSO2 used a different grinding system, in Episode 4 a new grinding system was introduced, but only weapons relased after that system was introduced use that newer grinding system.
Duplicates of the older weapons were released for the new grinding system (though they also had higher stats than the originals), to differenciate them from the old weapons, their names have "-NT" in the end.

In the NA version, they decided to not include any of the weapons that used the old grinding system, all weapons in the NA version use the NT grinding system, and so, since there's no weapons for the old weapon, there's no need for the "-NT" in their name.
There's even some weapons that were never duplicated into NT versions in the JP version that got converted into the NT system in the NA version (together with a boost in stats, for example, Elder Rifle).

Tigersoul78
Apr 15, 2020, 01:28 PM
What Episode is running on Xbox right now? 2 or 3? And what is the difficulty going to change to once level cap increases?

Anduril
Apr 15, 2020, 02:11 PM
What Episode is running on Xbox right now? 2 or 3? And what is the difficulty going to change to once level cap increases?

Right now the base content is most of Episode 3 with systems from Episodes 4-6, but they have just released the Ep.2 end raid.

mother clusterfck
Apr 17, 2020, 12:20 PM
I am confused, they advertised that the NA version would be exactly the same as the JP version right from the start, I get if they don't implement very recent JP updates in NA as well like the katana gear change but from what you guys are talking about it sounds like the NA version actually has only half the content of the JP version (not even NT weapons and crafting) which is weird and of course very different from the promise.

Did the NA team intend to add that stuff rapidly in like 1 month intervals or something? And what now with the pandemic, do the 1 month intervals or whatever become 4 month intervals and in the end it'll actually be the same as being a year or more behind the JP version?

I'd ask if the mechanics and balance are the same as in the JP version but since the NA version seems to be at Ep 3 level or so that's a given.

Ezodagrom
Apr 17, 2020, 12:47 PM
I am confused, they advertised that the NA version would be exactly the same as the JP version right from the start, I get if they don't implement very recent JP updates in NA as well like the katana gear change but from what you guys are talking about it sounds like the NA version actually has only half the content of the JP version (not even NT weapons and crafting) which is weird and of course very different from the promise.

Did the NA team intend to add that stuff rapidly in like 1 month intervals or something? And what now with the pandemic, do the 1 month intervals or whatever become 4 month intervals and in the end it'll actually be the same as being a year or more behind the JP version?

I'd ask if the mechanics and balance are the same as in the JP version but since the NA version seems to be at Ep 3 level or so that's a given.
Their goal is to reach parity with the JP version by the end of the year.
It makes sense that they haven't started with the same content as the JP version, content like emergency quests needs to be spread out so the new players there can get to experience that older content.

mother clusterfck
Apr 21, 2020, 04:37 PM
Ah, I see. Still quite a different thing because it's gonna be 8 months before they reach JP server stat and that really isn't having the same state from the start.
But yeah, reminds of why I had my doubts not about the feasibility but the logic behind having the exact same state as jp PSO2.

In terms of balance it's great because balance has only been improved since ep 5 and having the crappy balance of earlier eps would suck, but in terms of content there is just too much to just drop it all at once.

Nowadays in JP PSO2 we are jaded and don't care much for old eqs, lqs, etc. but people that never played the game will want to experience all the old stuff as well but with the eq system of course that would not be feasible nor make sense, so the only way to reasonably deliver content for NA players to even be able to properly play it is the usual dripfeed of foreign online rpgs in a new market, just with a faster pace so the current content doesn't get really boring by the time new content is released.