PDA

View Full Version : 8º PSO2 STATION!+

Maulcun
Jun 23, 2020, 01:39 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/sysupload/element/info/20160915/pso2station.jpg

https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/1275409607549059075

Date: August 07, 2020
Time: 20:30~22:30 JST

Automatic conversion time : https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=8%C2%BA+PSO2+STATION%21%2B&iso=20200807T2030&p1=248

Official Link Nico Nico:
Official Link PSCP TV: www.pscp.tv/sega_pso2
Official Link YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5a_MiO6d3k&feature=youtu.be
Fan Link YouTube 1 : Coming soon
Fan Link YouTube 2 : Coming soon
Fan Link Twitch 1 : Coming soon
Fan Link Twitch 2 : Coming soon
Official Link Twitch : Coming soon
Fan Link Mixer 1: Coming soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 1: Coming soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 2 : Coming soon
Fan Link Facebook : Coming soon

Warning! *There is no new information about PSO2 New Genesis announced the other day. PSO2 NGS will be promoted separately from the current PSO2. We will not publish PSO2 NGS informations in PSO2 STATION!+ in the future.

※先日発表された『PSO2 ニュージェネシス』についての新情報はございません。
また、『PSO2 ニュージェネシス』については、現行『PSO2』とは別でプロモーションを行う方針のため、今後におきまし てもPSO2 STATION!+において『PSO2 ニュージェネシス』の情報を取り上げることは原則としてございません。あらかじめご了承くださ い。

Important Topics

Informations about August and early September updates (When the new raid boss finally appears) (PC, Vita, PS4 and Switch).
More informations about the new advanced class.
Informations about PSO2es and Idola Phantasy Star Saga EPISODE 2 updates.
Informations about new campaigns, new collaboration, merchandise etc.

Maulcun
Jul 28, 2020, 06:03 AM
updated!

oratank
Jul 28, 2020, 06:14 AM
no " not episide 7 " information?

Ezodagrom
Jul 28, 2020, 06:22 AM
no " not episide 7 " information?
"Not Episode 7" is NGS (New Genesis), so no, there won't be info about it, NGS news will be separate from the PSO2 broadcasts.

Lancerx
Jul 28, 2020, 06:32 AM
What you mean ? NGS is separate game yes, but there no info about "Not Episode 7" update for PSO2 yet.

Ezodagrom
Jul 28, 2020, 06:33 AM
What you mean ? NGS is separate game yes, but there no info about "Not Episode 7" update for PSO2 yet.
I mean what I said, NGS = "Not Episode 7".

Lancerx
Jul 28, 2020, 06:53 AM
And the answer is no NGS is separate game and there no release date yet, PSO2 have roadmap and next big update should be released this fall.

Kondibon
Jul 28, 2020, 07:05 AM
And the answer is no NGS is separate game and there no release date yet, PSO2 have roadmap and next big update should be released this fall.PSO2's updates will probably be features for NGS compatibility, like updating the accessory customization to have the features they showed in the follow up video, or graphics updates. "Not Episode 7" is clearly NGS and everything surrounding that.

EDIT: The roadmap doesn't even give a month for the "gigantic update", so I don't know where you got fall from.

the_importer_
Jul 28, 2020, 07:30 AM
Hope they'll announce that the graphical update for OG PSO2 will be before PSO2 NGS.

Ezodagrom
Jul 28, 2020, 07:31 AM
And the answer is no NGS is separate game and there no release date yet, PSO2 have roadmap and next big update should be released this fall.
The JP official announcement for NGS, even through google translate it's pretty obvious that NGS = Not Episode 7.

This title corresponds to the "unprecedented super-large update that replaces the new EP" that was announced in the already announced roadmap.

こちらのタイトルがすでに発表済みのロードマップでお伝えしている「新EPに代わるかつてない規模の超大型 アップデート」にあたるものとなります。
http://pso2.jp/players/news/26483/

Lancerx
Jul 28, 2020, 08:05 AM
Roadmap have date for EP6 final chapter August and early Septemder, guess what is next ?, i talking about gameplay content and next story arc for PSO2, not about graphics update or what is shared between NGS and PSO2 since there already video about that.

LinkEP
Jul 28, 2020, 11:24 AM
PSO2 have roadmap and next big update should be released this fall.

Roadmap have date for EP6 final chapter August and early Septemder, guess what is next ?, i talking about gameplay content and next story arc for PSO2, not about graphics update or what is shared between NGS and PSO2 since there already video about that.
Big/gigantic/major update is the catchphrase for Not Episode 7 (NGS) nowadays, you have to be more clear.

Mid September to November will have:
New Successor Class
New Pet
New 12-man EQ
New Extreme Quest
Divide Quest Expansion
New High Difficulty Solo Quest

No words about EP6 story continuation in fall roadmap.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-roadmap/
https://youtu.be/bq07Ij0eShs?t=4461

Kintama
Jul 28, 2020, 12:08 PM
Just accept that NGS is replacing PSO2 down the line already, at best PSO2 gets some slight alterations with tier7 after NGS releases, but Sega wants to ensure the playerbase moves on to NGS.

Lancerx
Jul 28, 2020, 12:16 PM
I think i was pretty clear what is next big update for PSO2 after EP6, there no info yet, NGS is not replacement it is just new game.

LinkEP
Jul 28, 2020, 12:31 PM
I think i was pretty clear what is next big update for PSO2 after EP6, there no info yet, NGS is not replacement it is just new game.
Take your time reading this:
https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsannouncement

Lancerx
Jul 28, 2020, 12:38 PM
which part of NGS is still separate game you dont get ?

Ezodagrom
Jul 28, 2020, 12:58 PM
In the page that LinkEP linked, it says that NGS is the large scale update that was announced a few months ago, in other words, SEGA themselves are saying that NGS = Not Episode 7.

LinkEP
Jul 28, 2020, 12:58 PM
My bad, I didn't mean to comment to "separate game". I was referring to your saying "there's no info about big update after EP6".

Yes, it's "kinda" separate game but also an update. Tbh I don't know how can we switch playing between PSO2 and NGS, will it going to be in the same client, or are we going to install NGS separately from PSO2? But I believe NGS will not replace/kill the original PSO2 and should co-exist until the end of NGS, because new players who started playing NGS will possibly want to play it for stories and other reasons (obtaining certain weapons, units, costumes, etc.). Old PSO2 players will still benefit from the original PSO2 because of SG earning and possible AC revivals for cosmetics.

EDIT:
Since it's a "massive update", I bet NGS and PSO2 will be in the same game folder and sharing certain assets. It's convenient and efficient space.

Lancerx
Jul 28, 2020, 01:07 PM
In the page that LinkEP linked, it says that NGS is the large scale update that was announced a few months ago, in other words, SEGA themselves are saying that NGS = Not Episode 7.

SEGA saying about this pso2 station is: "There is no new information about "PSO2 New Genesis" announced the other day. In addition, since "PSO2 New Genesis" will be promoted separately from the current "PSO2", in principle we will not take up "PSO2 New Genesis" information in PSO2 STATION!+ in the future. Please note." (google translate)

This thread is about pso2 station, i was asking about pso2, i make it very clear Phantasy Star Online 2.

My bad, I didn't mean to comment to "separate game". I was referring to your saying "there's no info about big update after EP6".

Yes, it's "kinda" separate game but also an update. Tbh I don't know how can we switch playing between PSO2 and NGS, will it going to be in the same client? But I believe NGS will not replace/kill the original PSO2 and should co-exist until the end of NGS, because new players who started playing NGS will possibly want to play it for stories and other reasons (obtaining certain weapons, units, costumes, etc.). Old PSO2 players will still benefit the original PSO2 because of SG earning and possible AC revivals for cosmetics.

Yeah i think NGS is more to get new player base, since PSO2 is i think around 60% of overall SEGA income they will not throw it in near future.

landman
Jul 28, 2020, 01:45 PM
Yeah i think NGS is more to get new player base, since PSO2 is i think around 60% of overall SEGA income they will not throw it in near future.
It would not surprise me if PSO2 and PSO2 NGS completely shared premium cosmetics, so, I'd expect every future cosmetic update to work for both, but I don't expect gameplay updates to reach pso2 once NGS is there, all that content will probably go there.

oratank
Aug 7, 2020, 07:11 AM
keep framing DQ for those stones PD's weapons need it for upgrade

KaizoKage
Aug 7, 2020, 08:33 AM
keep framing DQ for those stones PD's weapons need it for upgrade

dang, and when I decided to stop DQ since I got my 2nd stil. Back to DQ then.

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2020, 08:44 AM
It looks like the styles for Luster are based on the weapon's element. Hopefully they give us some element changers with that 15* campaign, because oh my god that'll be obnoxious otherwise.

Lancerx
Aug 7, 2020, 08:54 AM
It looks like the styles for Luster are based on the weapon's element. Hopefully they give us some element changers with that 15* campaign, because oh my god that'll be obnoxious otherwise.

Yeah i think they named after compound techs: Zandi style Lightning/Wind, Fomelu Fire/Dark, Barantsu Ice/Light

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2020, 09:02 AM
It seems like Fomelu style is based around JAing and short/mid range heavy hitting attacks, Zandi is based around mobility and dodging, and Barantsu is based around range and guarding.

EDIT: At least now I'm sure I can use different camos for each of them, since I was kind of expecting this.

Shear
Aug 7, 2020, 09:17 AM
I kinda hoped it wouldn't depend on element since I'm a lazy fuck and don't want to take care of 3 Weapons. But it looks pretty cool so I think I'm fine with it and I do have multiple 15* Weapons I can change into GB's and a stash of element changers I hoped would be useful one day.

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2020, 09:25 AM
I kinda hoped it wouldn't depend on element since I'm a lazy fuck and don't want to take care of 3 Weapons. But it looks pretty cool so I think I'm fine with it and I do have multiple 15* Weapons I can change into GB's and a stash of element changers I hoped would be useful one day.They're basically 3 different weapons, so it's not going to be any different than any other successor class other than needing to care about the element. There's probably going to be at least one that's a dud. Probably Brants (boy does that charged sniper PA look sick though). Also, they're doing a 15* campaign for a lightstream and Liberate gunslash, so that's two down.

KaizoKage
Aug 7, 2020, 09:27 AM
I knew something like different of GS needed, but at least we only need 3 of those instead of an actual rainbow GS lmao

Shear
Aug 7, 2020, 09:29 AM
Nice ... and since I already have two Liberate tokens (and a Novel weapon, no Gunslasl though)I'm actually not that unsuited for this. Now if I would stop being so goddamn lazy and actually farm those class cubes everything would be super :D

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2020, 09:32 AM
At least getting class cubes for a liberate gunslash is going to be easy. :3c

oratank
Aug 7, 2020, 09:45 AM
Nice ... and since I already have two Liberate tokens (and a Novel weapon, no Gunslasl though)I'm actually not that unsuited for this. Now if I would stop being so goddamn lazy and actually farm those class cubes everything would be super :D

the gonna give us 2 15* GS from Lu campaign LS,Novel(or Liber i didn't look at it)

TehCubey
Aug 7, 2020, 09:56 AM
It looks like the styles for Luster are based on the weapon's element.

Where are you getting this information from?

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2020, 10:00 AM
Where are you getting this information from?The stream. I could be entirely wrong, I said "it looks like" not "they said". They showed off 3 seperate weapons with different affixes and elements, which didn't really seem necessary other than using the dodge s4 to show of the Zande dodge gimmick. I have no idea what they actually said, so if someone has an actual translation of how the styles work then feel free to chime in. I don't know any Japanese so I can only speculate based on the visuals. It could also be based on which slot they're in or something. But again, that doesn't really explain why they would need 3 different gunblades for the demonstration.

TehCubey
Aug 7, 2020, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I saw that they had 3 different weapons, each one with a different element, but I assumed it was just for flavor. I didn't see them say anything about how the style is influenced by the weapon's element - which is still a possibility but if that's the case then it's some pretty damn important information to miss out on telling us!

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2020, 10:07 AM
Yeah, I saw that they had 3 different weapons, each one with a different element, but I assumed it was just for flavor. I didn't see them say anything about how the style is influenced by the weapon's element - which is still a possibility but if that's the case then it's some pretty damn important information to miss out on telling us!They were talking about the styles when they were looking at the weapons, so it has something to do with the weapons or weapon pallet at the very least. at this part. (https://youtu.be/f5a_MiO6d3k?t=3946)

oratank
Aug 7, 2020, 10:07 AM
Class Skills Nonelement"

- Convert your elemental damage into R-ATK based damage

now i understand why people said it's time to stock grace shoot

rokkuman
Aug 7, 2020, 10:22 AM
So... Is it another Dex class or something?

Tigy
Aug 7, 2020, 10:33 AM
Class Skills Nonelement"

- Convert your elemental damage into R-ATK based damage

now i understand why people said it's time to stock grace shoot

I don't think there is a clear telling about the damage scaling yet. I understood this description as "damage type conversion" rather than "switching what the damage scaled by", the question would be how much is the conversion rate?
Basically I don't think that description means the damage will be ratk scaled

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2020, 10:40 AM
Yeah, based on the name it sounds more like a case of "instead of gaining 60% fire damage added to your attacks you gain 60% r-atk damage added to your attacks".

EDIT: Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, but there's a straight up auto combo.

oratank
Aug 7, 2020, 11:01 AM
Will feature a "Smart PA" system to assist you while playing.

so this Smart Pa is an auto combo.?

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2020, 11:05 AM
That's what it looks like. They showed it being used. It probably won't be optimal, but at least people can use it and feel cool without dealing with the learning curve. I might mess around with it for fun, but the appeal of super versatile classes and weapons for me is knowing when to use what myself.

Maulcun
Aug 7, 2020, 11:10 AM
Luster Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gRVoN8UN8c&feature=emb_title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_ZaDw1m86U

https://pso2roboarks.jp/luster

KaizoKage
Aug 7, 2020, 12:03 PM
btw, bumped updated their page on pso2 station. Theres Luster info and the campagin for getting 15*

https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-plus-8-recap (https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-plus-8-recap)

what I really want to know now: What the required mats for the new weapon series which [Aegle]

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2020, 12:30 PM
what I really want to know now: What the required mats for the new weapon series which [Aegle]
[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/37GBPlq.png[/spoiler-box]
Looked like for Aegle:
100 plam materials
50 emerard
20 of a new mat that probably drops from the EQ
200 Emir crystals
200 excubes
30 Ultimate boosters.

[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/pS13Fr4.png[/spoiler-box]
For Klaas you seem to need
The Aegle weapon
50 diard
150 of the mats that probably come from the eq
1 of something that's probably the unique stone
4 grainne crystals
300 class excubes for the classes that can use it.

EDIT: I looked up those names and apparently Aegle mean brightness or dazzling light, and Klaas might be derived from the dutch nickname for Nicholas, which as it turns out, means "victory for the people"?

KaizoKage
Aug 7, 2020, 01:35 PM
Looked like for Aegle:
100 plam materials
50 emerard
20 of a new mat that probably drops from the EQ
200 Emir crystals
200 excubes
30 Ultimate boosters.

6 sets of those if we want a +35 grind level weapon. oof

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2020, 01:41 PM
6 sets of those if we want a +35 grind level weapon. oof

Oh, shit, I forgot trade in weapons aren't at 35 grind cap. Yeah, that'll be rough.

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2020, 02:47 PM
I just realized, they probably won't need to give us element changers for the campaing. They can just make the material weapons different elements so we can pick one. It feels a bit premature to decide which style would be good for which weapon though.

Moffen
Aug 7, 2020, 02:59 PM
Also +1s dont seem too uncommon fom rainbow keys

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2020, 03:02 PM
Also +1s dont seem too uncommon fom rainbow keysWell the campaign is probably going to give us enough stuff to max them, so that's not really much of an issue. I've only ever done one rainbow key though. All the rest I got don't expire until after the next pso2 day, so I'm saving them for that (and the ones that expire after the 16th I'm saving for Luster). That's good to know though.

oratank
Aug 7, 2020, 05:30 PM
damn SG recycleshop already has root of darkness ticket
but wtf they take away these current SG ticket seriously

ArcaneTechs
Aug 7, 2020, 08:33 PM
250% looking forward to the new pet, I called it awhile back with some friends that it had to either be Viola or Synchro as the Advanced pet and I'm glad my Synchro is getting the Cyber Mewtwo treatment but I'm not sure why Sega didn't give the name of the pet OR announce if 15* pets are still happening or not, I would like my pets to stop being made of paper please

the_importer_
Aug 8, 2020, 01:16 PM
Oh, shit, I forgot trade in weapons aren't at 35 grind cap. Yeah, that'll be rough.

Doubt they'll leave us hanging, they'll probably move those weapons to the medal or badge shop.

KaizoKage
Aug 8, 2020, 01:17 PM
Doubt they'll leave us hanging, they'll probably move those weapons to the medal or badge shop.

I also doubt that since these weapons can be crafted from Zeig

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2020, 01:25 PM
Doubt they'll leave us hanging, they'll probably move those weapons to the medal or badge shop.Why would they do that? Like KaizoKage said, they're already a trade in. I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to be easy to get.

the_importer_
Aug 8, 2020, 06:29 PM
Why would they do that? Like KaizoKage said, they're already a trade in. I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to be easy to get.

Didn't know Zeig had them, haven't spoke to him in a while.

milranduil
Aug 8, 2020, 10:34 PM
if this is supposed to be final wep series, i'm fine with trade-in being +30. it would make sense why we had the +1 campaign, why rainbow keys drop them, class cubes dropping from various quests, etc.

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2020, 12:29 AM
Didn't know Zeig had them, haven't spoke to him in a while.??? are we talking about the same thing. The weapons KaizoKage and I are talking about the new weapons. They aren't out yet, so Zeig doesn't have them right now.

if this is supposed to be final wep series, i'm fine with trade-in being +30. it would make sense why we had the +1 campaign, why rainbow keys drop them, class cubes dropping from various quests, etc.Yeah, it's not a big deal, I just overestimated how cheap I thought they were going to be to get.

echofaith
Aug 9, 2020, 01:23 AM
Wonder if datamine has the full info of stats, pot and SSA slots of these weapons. Assuming the 2 new mats follow the same pattern as older weapons, the common one should be dropping at around 6 per clear(so around 30 clears, less than a month easily), and the Rare stone will be given at least once for free from a title, while any extra copy will be drop only or from campaigns/new titles months later.

If so, it feels like the 2nd most easy Final Boss wep so far (Deus iPad line has been the easiest by far) being slightly easier to get than LS on release, but thats if you use grind caps which to be fair, are waaaay more common nowdays than they were back then. If this is really the "best" line that will be released, I will be disappointed. I kinda expect the last BIS to be in the tryhard side being more time consuming, even more so than Stil on release date.

the_importer_
Aug 9, 2020, 01:39 AM
??? are we talking about the same thing. The weapons KaizoKage and I are talking about the new weapons. They aren't out yet, so Zeig doesn't have them right now.

Yeah, it's not a big deal, I just overestimated how cheap I thought they were going to be to get.

I was talking about the weapons you got for the 8th anniversary badges because of your previous comment.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 9, 2020, 01:55 AM
Wonder if datamine has the full info of stats, pot and SSA slots of these weapons

Final form of the new series:

12% dmg, 20pp every 10s
After 3 normal atks
12% jumps to 18% dmg, Super Armor & 30% dmg reduction for 30s

Don't know what S1-5 is on the weapon yet

ralf542
Aug 9, 2020, 03:06 AM
it would make sense why we had the +1 campaign
When was this?

the_importer_
Aug 9, 2020, 08:15 AM
Me, I don't know. I don't think they'll stop making weapons for +/- the duration of a year, they'll want people to stay engage while waiting for New Genesis. I think they'll release a single set of 16★ weapons before closing the development of the OG PSO2. The requirement will probably be insane like trade in like 5 Major weapons (Austere-NT, Lightstream, AtlasEX, Liberate, etc.) for it, but I predict that we'll have them.

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2020, 08:35 AM
I was talking about the weapons you got for the 8th anniversary badges because of your previous comment.

I'm not really worried about getting those to +35. You're right that if they ever become relevant for something that they'll probably come back in some way, but I was only ever talking about the two new weapon sets, which have nothing to do with them.

echofaith
Aug 9, 2020, 08:36 AM
Final form of the new series:

12% dmg, 20pp every 10s
After 3 normal atks
12% jumps to 18% dmg, Super Armor & 30% dmg reduction for 30s

Don't know what S1-5 is on the weapon yet

Well crap, that pot does sound very broken. Seems very similar to Stil but with that wording it seems the extras are less conditional. Sounds like there is no cooldown for the damage reduction and super armor as long as you can keep the 3 normal attack each 30 seconds. Thats basically a stronger massive hunter right there and without cooldown. The PP regen doesnt seem to be conditional either, so it could be active at all times even without meeting the 3 normal attack criteria.

If it really works like that and there is no caveat, I just hope it has at least S1/2/3 available for it. Those buffs alone are worth more than S4 and S5 together for me.

the_importer_
Aug 9, 2020, 09:01 AM
Well crap, that pot does sound very broken. Seems very similar to Stil but with that wording it seems the extras are less conditional. Sounds like there is no cooldown for the damage reduction and super armor as long as you can keep the 3 normal attack each 30 seconds. Thats basically a stronger massive hunter right there and without cooldown. The PP regen doesnt seem to be conditional either, so it could be active at all times even without meeting the 3 normal attack criteria.

If it really works like that and there is no caveat, I just hope it has at least S1/2/3 available for it. Those buffs alone are worth more than S4 and S5 together for me.

I hope it's different for Fo, rod hits are kind of a waste of time 😫
Still is better because if you don't get hit, you keep your bonus.

Coatl
Aug 9, 2020, 09:32 AM
"Reincarnation of Fate Lv. 3
Increase Power by 12%. Reduce PP consumption by ?% and regenerate 20 PP every 10 seconds.
Lightweaving Guardian Lv. 3
Grant the effect of "Reincarnation of Fate". After using three Normal Attacks, for 30 seconds, change the effect of this Potential to: Increase Power by 18% and reduce damage taken by 30%.
those are the possible pot it was told to be"
Klaas sword+35 is 3028
Puras sword+35 is 2478
Stil sword+35 is 2840
S1-5 support

It's much stronger than the current stil weapons, even disregarding the extra s4 it gives. Though stil weapons will also receive an upgrade most likely with the divide quest update.

Dark Mits
Aug 9, 2020, 02:07 PM
Me, I don't know. I don't think they'll stop making weapons for +/- the duration of a year, they'll want people to stay engage while waiting for New Genesis. I think they'll release a single set of 16★ weapons before closing the development of the OG PSO2. The requirement will probably be insane like trade in like 5 Major weapons (Austere-NT, Lightstream, AtlasEX, Liberate, etc.) for it, but I predict that we'll have them.The UI does not seem to "support" 16★ weapons since the stars would go out of the info panel of the weapon. I can only see this work if they change the size of the stars or if they switch it to say "16★". At the same time, I considered it more likely to have a 14★ unit series seeing how Episode 6 emphasized on new units somewhat more than previous episodes.

the_importer_
Aug 9, 2020, 03:33 PM
The UI does not seem to "support" 16★ weapons since the stars would go out of the info panel of the weapon. I can only see this work if they change the size of the stars or if they switch it to say "16★". At the same time, I considered it more likely to have a 14★ unit series seeing how Episode 6 emphasized on new units somewhat more than previous episodes.

They're about the redo the overall graphics in this game and add (official) 4K support with a resizable UI like on XB1 and you think that they won't be able to add an extra star after 15 😶 ?

EDIT:
Besides that, it does seem to fit at the moment:
[spoiler-box]https://i.postimg.cc/KjWnQyg3/pso20200506-132620-000.png[/spoiler-box]

KaizoKage
Aug 9, 2020, 07:39 PM
I dont know if they have time to develop 16★ weapons when NGS is just around the corner. The least we want will be a buggy new pso2 game and server crashes.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 9, 2020, 08:37 PM
I dont know if they have time to develop 16★ weapons when NGS is just around the corner. The least we want will be a buggy new pso2 game and server crashes.

upscaling / overhaul = new rarity increase

NGS around the corner = no new rarity increase, Shiva gear is the last power creep

which one seriously makes more sense to the_importer?

the_importer_
Aug 9, 2020, 08:48 PM

Let's be fair and say that NGS comes out in June 2021. We'll be done with all of the content that they've announced at the last PSO2 Station by October. Do you think that it's good for them to say:

"OK, we're done with PSO2 for now until NGS comes out in 8 months, please keep paying for premium and AC Scratch Tickets, OK thanks bye."

No, of course not, the goal of transitioning players to the new game is the keep them in PSO2, to keep player retention. 8 months is more than enough for people to go play another MMO and forgetting NGS. 16★ weapons along with a new graphic engine would probably be the best way to keep players around.

Hell, they could link the games by saying that these new prototype weapons are called "New Genesis Weapon" and that perhaps in the future (like in 1000 years), that they be standard.