PDA

View Full Version : Meta Builds?

ArcaneTechs
Oct 31, 2020, 11:16 PM
Now that Clementine is back up (thank you guys for the hard work), by chance does anyone know or remember what the Meta builds were? I want to build my characters up properly if I can

LamiaCritter
Nov 2, 2020, 09:04 PM
Noooooooo... can we pls not let the concept of "meta" taint the newly booted-up Clementine?

landman
Nov 3, 2020, 07:42 AM
CAST whatever, Fightmaster probably being the most damaging. Protranser for fun + more variety.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 3, 2020, 11:29 PM
Noooooooo... can we pls not let the concept of "meta" taint the newly booted-up Clementine?
play your way, I'll play mine. which is in this case, minmax when/if possible.

CAST whatever, Fightmaster probably being the most damaging. Protranser for fun + more variety.

I noticed Cast is basically still top for Range/Melee still just like in PSO Ep1/2, Beasts being there too just lower ATA. Then Newmans for Tech stuff and Humans for w/e still. I was just trying to recall what the JP was before it ended, I know WarTecher and GunTecher got a very nice buff toward the end of the game to make them not underwhelming anymore to the rest of the classes so they're a better all around choice now than before. I'm not sure if Clementine put those stat increases in but since we're using the JP client I don't doubt it.

landman
Nov 4, 2020, 02:35 AM
I don't know about bufs or how the JP server ended, but what makes CAST superior to the rest is the SUV, plain and simple. Nanoblast can't compare end game, and newman and human got nothing until Portable 2. Beast make the best rangers because ranger classes have their own ATA, and Beast have the highest ATP, and in PSU ranged also uses ATP for damage (this also changed in portable 2). Yet, CAST is still the best option because SUV.

Karen Erra
Nov 4, 2020, 09:01 AM
I don't know about bufs or how the JP server ended, but what makes CAST superior to the rest is the SUV, plain and simple. Nanoblast can't compare end game, and newman and human got nothing until Portable 2. Beast make the best rangers because ranger classes have their own ATA, and Beast have the highest ATP, and in PSU ranged also uses ATP for damage (this also changed in portable 2). Yet, CAST is still the best option because SUV.

Human and Newman got SUVs in JP PSU as well and those are also in Clementine, so that's not really a reason against them.

landman
Nov 5, 2020, 07:09 AM
Oh, I didn't know that, I never came back to PSU and didn't care once portable 2 was the thing. So, are they the same SUV or are they the portable 2 summons?

ArcaneTechs
Nov 6, 2020, 03:47 AM
Oh, I didn't know that, I never came back to PSU and didn't care once portable 2 was the thing. So, are they the same SUV or are they the portable 2 summons?

They're usable apparently right now, I haven't been able to try any myself since im working on a Cast/Beast characters atm but heres a video of them. Similar to SUVs. There are new SUVs and a couple of Nanoblasts that were added in the Portable games. I'm not sure if we're see those new Nanoblasts in Clementine (idk if those ever made into JP) but would be cool to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvzO4qvfjTc

Also a headsup on Clementine, Beast mode is pretty dang good, like boss destroyer good

Ezodagrom
Nov 6, 2020, 08:21 PM
Seems like in PSU Humans/Newmans only get slightly weaker Kubara versions of the CAST SUVs.

They're usable apparently right now, I haven't been able to try any myself since im working on a Cast/Beast characters atm but heres a video of them. Similar to SUVs. There are new SUVs and a couple of Nanoblasts that were added in the Portable games. I'm not sure if we're see those new Nanoblasts in Clementine (idk if those ever made into JP) but would be cool to see
If I'm not mistaken, the only things that JP PSU got from the Portable games were the PAs/techs, the areas (but not the enemies/bosses), and some cosmetics and equipment, I guess.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 6, 2020, 08:25 PM
Seems like in PSU Humans/Newmans only get slightly weaker Kubara versions of the CAST SUVs.
If I'm not mistaken, the only things that JP PSU got from the Portable games were the PAs/techs, the areas (but not the enemies/bosses), and some cosmetics and equipment, I guess.

Interesting, I never looked into what they got so my assumption is they got almost everything

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/774126655295586307/774435844064018432/unknown.png

really feeling this right now, its not even the nostalgia at this point.

Zysets
Nov 7, 2020, 01:53 AM
Interesting, I never looked into what they got so my assumption is they got almost everything

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/774126655295586307/774435844064018432/unknown.png

really feeling this right now, its not even the nostalgia at this point.

Laughing like mad because I made this a few hours ago and it's already spreading around

Anyways also curious on "meta", it's been absolute ages since I played PSU seriously and would really like to see some reliable resources myself

Knightsword
Nov 19, 2020, 02:26 PM
One thing worth noting is Humans and Newmans get up to a 5% stat modifier to a lot of classes and that can make up for racial base stat modifiers of Casts and Beasts. You can see the table here:
https://psu-clementine.net/wiki/index.php/Types

Zysets
Nov 19, 2020, 03:30 PM
Been going Newman Wartecher myself, Clem's balance changes have made a lot more things smooth sailing which I greatly appreciate

Knightsword
Nov 19, 2020, 10:37 PM
Newman Fighgunner myself, twin daggers are still ridiculous and boy how I have missed them.