PDA

View Full Version : What is the best version of Phantasy Star "online" Episode 1 & 2 to play Offline

AndyPandy
Dec 7, 2020, 04:27 AM
I was just wondering, what is the best version of Phantasy Star "online" Episode 1 & 2 to play Offline. I have access to Game Cube, Xbox, Dreamcast?

I was thinking Game Cube "plus" version for those extra offline levels.

Cheers.

Freeze
Dec 10, 2020, 09:00 AM
Game cube at this point for extra content. Xbox requires a GT for offline and has pretty much the same content as the regular game cube version. Dreamcast didn't get episode 2. The Dreamcast does has some extra graphic animations that the others don't have but it is episode 1 only.

Tymek
Dec 10, 2020, 09:13 AM
Extra graphic animations?

Freeze
Dec 10, 2020, 11:16 AM
Not many but a few. I think there was a youtube video on it. Things like the lilies flash red when they die and the Hunewearl mechgun running animation was changed. There were other things changed on the ports too but they escape my mind at the moment.

Zoarb
May 8, 2023, 08:15 PM
If we're talking SOLELY offline, the Plus version for Gamecube is your best bet. The bad news is that the English version is dumb expensive. The good news is that the Japanese version is nowhere near as bad. And has a full English option.

The plus version contains some online only missions as well.