https://www.youtube.com/watch?rel=0&v=8XyMweT7Nbs&feature=youtu.be

Site
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20210303/

silo1991
Feb 19, 2021, 09:29 AM
i want to try that photo studio already DX

mother clusterfck
Feb 19, 2021, 10:07 AM
Looks like I'll be spending dozens or hundreds of hours in the salon once that update arrives...

Did Sega mention any special requirements for the new graphics? Especially which DirectX version is required?

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2021, 10:15 AM
Did Sega mention any special requirements for the new graphics? Especially which DirectX version is required?

Minimum requirements (tier 1, 720p, 30fps) are going to be changed to the following:
- Intel Core i3 4150 (AVX support is required, so old CPUs like AMD Phenom II series are not supported)
- 8GB RAM
- 80GB+ hard drive space
- NVIDIA GT430 or AMD HD5570
- DirectX 11

http://pso2.jp/players/news/27417/

Anduril
Feb 19, 2021, 02:32 PM
Is that a new recording of Burning Hearts ~burning ANGEL~? It sounds... a bit off.

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2021, 04:42 PM
Is that a new recording of Burning Hearts ~burning ANGEL~? It sounds... a bit off.
If I'm not mistaken, it was mentioned that the EQ is going to have 3 different versions of burning hearts (most likely 1 of them being picked at random like the summer coast EQs), with one of them being a new version.

TheFanaticViper
Feb 20, 2021, 08:30 AM

I recognized the voice of Daisuke Ono (singer and voice actor, he dub Ash in the anime)

mother clusterfck
Feb 24, 2021, 10:49 PM
Minimum requirements (tier 1, 720p, 30fps) are going to be changed to the following:
- Intel Core i3 4150 (AVX support is required, so old CPUs like AMD Phenom II series are not supported)
- 8GB RAM
- 80GB+ hard drive space
- NVIDIA GT430 or AMD HD5570
- DirectX 11

http://pso2.jp/players/news/27417/
Thanks!

though, I forgot to mention I was worried about the new top tier graphics. But when checking your link it seems there is no change at all in the requirement for those.

I'm worried Sega might eventually change to require DirectX 12 and thus Windows 10, which I seriously loathe but I guess not for now and presumably the new graphics for PSO2 vanilla are the same as for NGS so no worry there either for the forseeable future.

Ezodagrom
Feb 25, 2021, 06:59 AM
Thanks!

though, I forgot to mention I was worried about the new top tier graphics. But when checking your link it seems there is no change at all in the requirement for those.
I'm pretty sure the highest settings are also gonna need better hardware than currently, I don't think the JP version ever announced the requirements for the highest settings, they always only showed the minimum requirements.

Anduril
Feb 25, 2021, 12:37 PM
Yeah, if the CBT specs are indicative, I'm going to be going from highest quality to medium, and I won't be able to do anything about that soon considering the shape of the GPU market right now.

Ezodagrom
Feb 25, 2021, 02:32 PM
Yeah, if the CBT specs are indicative, I'm going to be going from highest quality to medium, and I won't be able to do anything about that soon considering the shape of the GPU market right now.
The PSO2 graphics update should still need far lower specs than NGS at its best, after all the areas are far smaller on PSO2, areas and enemy models are not getting increased polygon counts, and such.

NGS, the CBT specs are said to not be finalized and that they will be different for the release version, but I wouldn't expect them to be much lower than currently. Still, based on footage from the first CBT, NGS still looks good on medium.

Anduril
Feb 25, 2021, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I've seen some settings comparisons from the CBT and medium does still look good, it's just my reptile brain wanting the shiniest of graphics.

Ezodagrom
Feb 25, 2021, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I've seen some settings comparisons from the CBT and medium does still look good, it's just my reptile brain wanting the shiniest of graphics.
Yeah, I know that feeling, I've been tempted to upgrade my graphics card because of NGS, but between the current cards market being completely terrible and this generation of cards having higher power consumption than what I would like, I'm staying with what I have (my current card, GTX 1660 Ti, should be enough for tier 4, maybe 5 at 1080p if the requirements don't get much lower than the CBT, I think).

I originally planned on upgrading in the next generation of cards anyway, it was just NGS that was making me tempted to upgrade sooner (but since it's not possible, I'm back to my original plan). xD

Anduril
Feb 25, 2021, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I know that feeling, I've been tempted to upgrade my graphics card because of NGS, but between the current cards market being completely terrible and this generation of cards having higher power consumption than what I would like, I'm staying with what I have (my current card, GTX 1660 Ti, should be enough for tier 4, maybe 5 at 1080p if the requirements don't get much lower than the CBT, I think).

I originally planned on upgrading in the next generation of cards anyway, it was just NGS that was making me tempted to upgrade sooner (but since it's not possible, I'm back to my original plan). xD

I still have a GTX970 and an FX-8350, so I have been looking to upgrade for while (I have some money squirreled away for a rebuild), but yeah, the GPU market has held me back on pulling the trigger. Here's hoping with Nvidia's efforts to create two separate lines of GPUs for gaming and mining gets prices reasonable again for the next gen.

Ezodagrom
Feb 25, 2021, 06:36 PM
I still have a GTX970 and an FX-8350, so I have been looking to upgrade for while (I have some money squirreled away for a rebuild), but yeah, the GPU market has held me back on pulling the trigger. Here's hoping with Nvidia's efforts to create two separate lines of GPUs for gaming and mining gets prices reasonable again for the next gen.
Hmm, the GTX 970 should still be fine for medium-ish settings or so, it's a slightly worse GPU than the GTX 1060, which is the recommended for the CBT medium.

The CPU though is very outdated nowadays, I have no idea how well it'll handle NGS at all. The CPU market atm seems to be fine, so if possible that's where I would start upgrading (CPU/motherboard/RAM).

Anduril
Feb 25, 2021, 07:28 PM
Hmm, the GTX 970 should still be fine for medium-ish settings or so, it's a slightly worse GPU than the GTX 1060, which is the recommended for the CBT medium.

The CPU though is very outdated nowadays, I have no idea how well it'll handle NGS at all. The CPU market atm seems to be fine, so if possible that's where I would start upgrading (CPU/motherboard/RAM).

For now, I'm just going to hold off until NGS actually releases to see how it goes (I would prefer to do my build all at once, so I can just stick a new HDD in the old one for other uses), but I may have to go that route if it ends up being too taxing on the CPU. I have a newer laptop that I should be able to play on if I do need to upgrade (i5-10300H and GTX1660-Ti Max-Q, roughly equivalent to the medium setting requirements, though probably better to go on low).

Ezodagrom
Feb 25, 2021, 08:38 PM
For now, I'm just going to hold off until NGS actually releases to see how it goes (I would prefer to do my build all at once, so I can just stick a new HDD in the old one for other uses), but I may have to go that route if it ends up being too taxing on the CPU. I have a newer laptop that I should be able to play on if I do need to upgrade (i5-10300H and GTX1660-Ti Max-Q, roughly equivalent to the medium setting requirements, though probably better to go on low).
Ah, that laptop is likely to hold up better, yeah.

mother clusterfck
Feb 27, 2021, 11:39 PM
I kinda also hope I don't ave to upgrade my cpu, that would be silly.
I upgraded to GeForce 1060 with 6GB and 16GB ram a couple of years ago for near 500 bucks total and I'd rather keep on like this and get an entire new pc than keep upgrading the parts needed for games while the rest gets older and older (motherboard, cables, physical ports, etc.).
But since I spent so much on the upgrade already I wanna keep going like for another couple years or so as I don't play anything graphics intensive other than PSO2 and when it comes out NGS anyway.

Dark Mits
Feb 28, 2021, 10:21 AM
This will come at a surprise, but you do not have to play a game with every setting set to max and added shaders on top of it to enjoy it.

Ezodagrom
Feb 28, 2021, 12:06 PM
I kinda also hope I don't ave to upgrade my cpu, that would be silly.
I upgraded to GeForce 1060 with 6GB and 16GB ram a couple of years ago for near 500 bucks total and I'd rather keep on like this and get an entire new pc than keep upgrading the parts needed for games while the rest gets older and older (motherboard, cables, physical ports, etc.).
But since I spent so much on the upgrade already I wanna keep going like for another couple years or so as I don't play anything graphics intensive other than PSO2 and when it comes out NGS anyway.
What's your CPU btw?
Note that CPUs that support AVX are required for PSO2 starting with the graphics update, so CPUs released before 2011 and Intel CPUs below the Core i3 line (Pentium and Celeron CPUs) won't be able to run PSO2 at all starting next update.

Anduril
Feb 28, 2021, 02:45 PM
This will come at a surprise, but you do not have to play a game with every setting set to max and added shaders on top of it to enjoy it.
Enjoyment is subjective, and to some people lower quality graphics can make an experience less enjoyable even if the core gameplay is solid, especially if you know what the game can look like at max quality. Plus, you know, lizard brain like SHINY.

the_importer_
Mar 1, 2021, 02:15 AM
Wonder if this will give my 3070 a run for its money?

Dark Mits
Mar 2, 2021, 03:26 AM
Enjoyment is subjective, and to some people lower quality graphics can make an experience less enjoyable even if the core gameplay is solid, especially if you know what the game can look like at max quality. Plus, you know, lizard brain like SHINY.This is something I disagree with. Gameplay goes first and foremost. But before we reach graphics in importance on whether a game is enjoyable or not, we also have character animations, art, sound effects and music, artificial intelligence, ux/ui etc.

However, let's consider that someone likes having everything set to max since it helps for a more realistic look and therefore in immersion, and they play with added shaders on top to further enhance that. So now they have everything set to the absolute max and they are content with their experience. Come tomorrow, without adjusting settings, will they claim that they do not have fun because there are even higher settings possible?

There is also the uncanny valley, though this has more to do with textures and animations than special effects, reflections and polygon count (case in point: Mass Effect Andromeda)

Anduril
Mar 2, 2021, 03:51 AM
This is something I disagree with.

Exactly; it is subjective. Each individual will weigh the parts of their entertainment that brings them enjoyment, and it will vary from person to person. Just like you (I presume) feel that good gameplay can forgive lower visuals, there are others who will forgive poor gameplay if the visuals are good.

Another example of the subjective nature of enjoyment is how some people prefer story over gameplay, and you can see that many games have difficulties that cater to that; in addition, if the story is terrible, some of those people will not enjoy the game no matter how good the gameplay or the visuals are.

Kintama
Mar 2, 2021, 04:13 AM

It's supposed to run on BASE xbox, does this answer your question?

Ezodagrom
Mar 2, 2021, 06:40 AM
NGS is likely push the 3070 at high resolutions, but don't expect the same to happen with the PSO2 graphics engine update.

Dark Mits
Mar 2, 2021, 10:06 AM
It's supposed to run on BASE xbox, does this answer your question?But the consoles will not have the same graphics as the PC version on max, right?

Maulcun
Mar 2, 2021, 12:33 PM
I want to see if this new engine will take advantage of several cores. Stutter in the lobby is something I still have nowadays.

Tymek
Mar 2, 2021, 05:32 PM
If you have the PS4 version, it is already possible to preview the new Salon features via Offline Character Make.

Check out these awesome next-gen PS4 textures:
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/KDNtxOT.png
https://i.imgur.com/vtzqyXH.png

https://i.imgur.com/RkgdsdU.png
https://i.imgur.com/jFIEYTv.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

oratank
Mar 3, 2021, 12:27 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Evh7dFcU4AQeUI6?format=jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

affix from EQ i guess sega want us to get guardian soul

Tymek
Mar 3, 2021, 06:14 AM
The colors on my main character have been butchered entirely...

Maulcun
Mar 3, 2021, 08:35 AM
ps4 seems to be in trouble https://twitter.com/mbv041080/status/1367091501390422019

Aurorra
Mar 3, 2021, 03:07 PM
Anyone been able to launch the game with a Windows 7 OS since the update?

otakun
Mar 3, 2021, 04:05 PM
Anyone been able to launch the game with a Windows 7 OS since the update?

I dont think you can due to the switch to DX11.

Aurorra
Mar 3, 2021, 05:34 PM
I dont think you can due to the switch to DX11.

Windows 7 runs DirectX 11.

Saffran
Mar 3, 2021, 06:48 PM
I've been busy with work and logged in today and the first thing i noticed was the noise of my card. I immediately logged off but I can't seem to find the graphic tier option in the option menu...
I guess that 980ti is starting to get old. I thought I was set up for years when I bought it...(5 years ago I guess? I'm starting to lose the sense of time)

bhaal
Mar 3, 2021, 09:02 PM
I've been busy with work and logged in today and the first thing i noticed was the noise of my card. I immediately logged off but I can't seem to find the graphic tier option in the option menu...
I guess that 980ti is starting to get old. I thought I was set up for years when I bought it...(5 years ago I guess? I'm starting to lose the sense of time)
Because game is set at unlimited FPS setting by default now, you need to log(it can be done only from ingame graphic settings) and cap the fps to 90 or 60 and your gpu will return to normal.

Saffran
Mar 4, 2021, 08:06 AM
As I said in the other thread, I found the options (and I did limit it at 60fps) but the game refuses to aknowledge that I do not want the ultra settings. I am at ultra settings even after an "all reset" (no graphic setting selected)

Kondibon
Mar 5, 2021, 07:00 PM
The colors on my main character have been butchered entirely...Try turning off the color correction. I think it's called "color tone shift" or something like that.

That's because there are no graphic tier options anymore, there are presets, but you can't outright turn the shaders off anymore.