PDA

View Full Version : Quick Questions? Quick Answers!

Pages : [1] 2

ArcaneTechs
Mar 20, 2021, 07:15 PM
Basically the same thread for PSO2 but for NGS related questions. Ask away my dude

Some SUGGESTIONS:

- Open the Common Questions tab then press Ctrl+F and type any keywords to see what you're looking for has been listed or not (it will highlight the keywords you typed as you scroll down).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Try and help answer others if you can
- Dig through the thread to find your posted question to see if anyone responded to you before asking the same question again.
- Give details to your inquiry so people can help answer you faster ("I can't equip my gear" -> tell them your class combo, character Lv etc)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/585747145496461312.png?v=1
Common Questions
[spoiler-box]Q: Whats are the best places for staying up to date on NGS information?
A: https://www.bumped.org/phantasy/ - https://pso2.jp/players/ - https://new-gen.pso2.com/

Q: Is the IP lock permanent? (insert conspiracy hypothesis here)
A: Currently, nobody knows but Sega themselves, if their own players in Japan are having to use VPNs to play NGS, then it's a routing issue on Sega's/Japan ISPs end that is causing this debacle. No one knows how long this IP Block will be up for but the only real way is to check after each weekly maintenance is done to see if it's been lifted and playable without a VPN. The company isn't going to officially say much or anything about it, we all know about the ToS, the risks etc. All we can do is wait and see and no, just because you logged into PSO2es, doesn't mean it's some special or specific case either.

Q: How do I play PSO2 after installing NGS?
A: You need to progress in NGS's storyline up to the point where you unlock the "Ryuker Teleport" device, the transfer option should up on the top.

Q: How do I unlock Block change, use the rest of the options in the Item Lab, partying with friends, locked parts of the map (Deset Tundra, etc is future content, it will stay locked off until then it's update hits), etc.
A: Progression through the story tutorial will unlock these, just continue through them and it will show you whats unlocked.

Q: Why does the AC item I put for cheaper than the others automatically get priced match to the person above me?
A: It's apart of Sega's new system that sets a minimum an item is allowed to sold for and I think can fluctuate. I personally don't like it but it's Sega's control over market value and to help curve the RMT trading. This doesn't effect anything else I think outside AC related items.

Q: What does "Downed" enemy mean?
A: You will see a "Downed" status specifically more on bosses, genuinely it's when the boss goes down either from damage or a status effect and leaves itself open for burst damage. You will notice it's damage thres meter at the top by it's name when it's going to close off the damage window and continue attacking.

Q: After hitting the level cap, what happens?
A: You can continue leveling like normal but as you earn exp and level again, you will be rewarded an Ex Cube each time. You can use the Ex Cubes for the final level of your weapons potential (Lv5 pot, also I'm not sure what else they're used for yet) if you're really aiming for super minmax stats.

Q: Are there main class weapon bonuses?
A: Yes, hidden 10% damage increase to you main class weapons only. Ex: 10% damage increase if your using Hunters weapons as a Hunter main class.

Q: What do Silver/Gold mobs/bosses mean?
A: They offer higher Exp payouts and a higher chance at Rare drops. They also drop Silver/Gold weapons which give BONUS weapon exp during grinding.

Q: List of Potential conversions from PSO2->NGS?
A: https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Portal:New_Genesis/Potentials

Q: Is there a Language option for JP NGS just like Globals version?
A: No, Tweaker is the only alternative still.

Q: Are there Race/Gender stats?
A: No, Race/Gender stats ONLY come into effect when you're playing PSO2.

Q: Do Red boxes respawn?
A: No

Q: Does the official launcher always file check?
A: Yes, it's a bit annoying but it doesn't usually take very long.

Q: Will successor classes make a return?
A: Nothings been officially said about this, seems like a big no or rather a huge wait for these to return but likely anything the Successor classes used will be or already applied to current or future classes in some form or another. Frankly don't have high hopes for them, Sega will likely go in a different direction since this is the opportunity to add new classes/weapon types after Luster makes it's return in 2022 (won't be called Luster, currently unknown name for it).

Q: How do I multi weapon?
A: You do it at the item lab, theres an option for it but the cost is pretty heavy and increases the higher the rarity of the weapon is. You can only do this with the same weapon series/rarity. It only pull stats from the main base weapon too.
[/spoiler-box]

Some of these Q/A's may become outdated or possibly incorrect, feel free to either post here in the thread what specific topic it is or if what I posted is incorrect. Simply posting "x" is wrong without detail will be ignored, thanks.

sol_trigger
Jun 4, 2021, 02:04 AM
how many weapons was usable in the beta ? there's a lot of weapons i like because of their looks but i never had the chance to use them, like 7-8* weapons

ArcaneTechs
Jun 4, 2021, 04:57 AM
how many weapons was usable in the beta ? there's a lot of weapons i like because of their looks but i never had the chance to use them, like 7-8* weapons

Sword, Rifle, Rod, TMGs, Wand, Knuckles.

sol_trigger
Jun 4, 2021, 07:04 AM
i mean the weapons from PSO2 like Vita sword or Ardillio

エリュシオン
Jun 4, 2021, 07:36 AM

From what I recall, they're not worth using over NGS weapons since they have a lot less base stat. You can use some for utility like Austere fills up the PB gauge faster and Atlas keeps it's Will potential. I believe I saw Cras had 2/3rds the base stat of the 3*s that drop on NGS, don't think crazy affixes on Cras would push it over affixing up those 3*s. They're probably fine starter weapons but, once you get a 3* NGS weapon drop they'll just hold you back outside of the ones with some utility.

Edit: Didn't answer the initial question, I believe all NT weapons were useable can't remember if OT weapons showed up. The rarities are grouped up so I believe 1~6* are 1*s, 7-12* are 2*s, 13-14*s are 3*s, and 15*s are 4*s on NGS.

oratank
Jun 4, 2021, 07:53 AM
if you want to prepare
vita
nox
14 with s4 i think s4 250k still look good in NGS

MrYukito
Jun 4, 2021, 01:48 PM
Are we able to pre-download via the Tweaker?

Anduril
Jun 4, 2021, 02:15 PM
Are we able to pre-download via the Tweaker?

Typically when the download is ready, it will be available via the Tweaker.

sol_trigger
Jun 4, 2021, 06:47 PM
From what I recall, they're not worth using over NGS weapons since they have a lot less base stat. You can use some for utility like Austere fills up the PB gauge faster and Atlas keeps it's Will potential. I believe I saw Cras had 2/3rds the base stat of the 3*s that drop on NGS, don't think crazy affixes on Cras would push it over affixing up those 3*s. They're probably fine starter weapons but, once you get a 3* NGS weapon drop they'll just hold you back outside of the ones with some utility.

Edit: Didn't answer the initial question, I believe all NT weapons were useable can't remember if OT weapons showed up. The rarities are grouped up so I believe 1~6* are 1*s, 7-12* are 2*s, 13-14*s are 3*s, and 15*s are 4*s on NGS.

that's sad, this game needs a weapon transmog feature

ArcaneTechs
Jun 4, 2021, 07:59 PM
that's sad, this game needs a weapon transmog feature

thats why camos are a thing BUT ya while the transmog is gone from NGS currently, it'll likely get added back in later but idk how they'll go about using old PSO2 weapons, probably ignore those and use the current NGS gear

silo1991
Jun 5, 2021, 08:35 AM
does anybody have the list of the pots of all endgame weapons of base PSO2 in NGS

im just curious thats all

Kondibon
Jun 5, 2021, 12:05 PM
does anybody have the list of the pots of all endgame weapons of base PSO2 in NGS

im just curious thats allThis page has a list of them. https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Portal:New_Genesis/Potentials

RadiantLegend
Jun 5, 2021, 03:15 PM
Cast hover is only through scratch bonus in NGS?

Anduril
Jun 5, 2021, 03:26 PM
Cast hover is only through scratch bonus in NGS?

For normal running, it is a default option (even for non-CASt forms), but for Photon Dashing, yes, it is a scratch bonus.

SolRiver
Jun 5, 2021, 08:16 PM
Once you transfer a weapon (say 15*) to ngs, can u bring it back to pso2? What happen if you affix it with ngs stuff?

Kondibon
Jun 5, 2021, 08:23 PM
Once you transfer a weapon (say 15*) to ngs, can u bring it back to pso2? What happen if you affix it with ngs stuff?

You can't upgrade or modify old pso2 stuff in NGS in anyway. You aren't "transfering" things, NGS just has separate stats for them.

RadiantLegend
Jun 5, 2021, 09:26 PM
For normal running, it is a default option (even for non-CASt forms), but for Photon Dashing, yes, it is a scratch bonus.

I see. I would still need it. Would be weird going from hover to running for photon dashing. Sega got me already.

Arika
Jun 6, 2021, 07:21 AM
Tweaker team will release tool for PSONG on JP again or not? Is there any news on this? And will it has to be Window-10 or Stream to access?

Anyone from tweaker project?

Anduril
Jun 6, 2021, 11:55 AM
Tweaker team will release tool for PSONG on JP again or not? Is there any news on this? And will it has to be Window-10 or Stream to access?

The Tweaker team has stated that they will continue to provide English translation for the JP version of NGS.

If you are playing the JP version, the game and the Tweaker are not connected to a storefront like the Microsoft Store, Epic Games Store, or Steam; the Tweaker can be downloaded from the arks-layer site directly, and the game can be installed either directly from SEGA with their installer or via the Tweaker.

Ezodagrom
Jun 6, 2021, 02:13 PM

Other than what Anduril said, it's worth noting that, if you care about the story, expect the story translation to be very slow or to not be available for a long time. The story translation hasn't been available for the current JP PSO2 since March, because the major update back then caused issues with the translation patches.

Anduril
Jun 6, 2021, 02:59 PM
Other than what Anduril said, it's worth noting that, if you care about the story, expect the story translation to be very slow or to not be available for a long time. The story translation hasn't been available for the current JP PSO2 since March, because the major update back then caused issues with the translation patches.

Technically, it is available, but via a series of manual patches (broken up by Episode) that are available on their discord.

oratank
Jun 8, 2021, 04:12 AM
look like we only download about 2.5 gb if update it from base pso2 right? or something wrong here

ArcaneTechs
Jun 8, 2021, 04:51 AM
adding a common questions tab to the OP so hopefully people look there first otherwise i guess people can point them there, it's definitely going to be a long post over time. I'll add stuff to it later today but any questions pertaining to classes will be added to their class threads because I just want general info here. I suppose if it pertains specifically to GBL or JP, I'll just give it that tag but if I make any mistakes about it, let me know because I will have minimal knowledge on how GBL is handled on specific things.

Arika
Jun 8, 2021, 04:53 AM
Seem that JP client is avaiable now? Can anyone check it on the setting if there is langue option?

ArcaneTechs
Jun 8, 2021, 04:57 AM
Seem that JP client is avaiable now? Can anyone check it on the setting if there is langue option?

there is no language option on the main screen, just general stuff then server select. you also have tweaker as an alternative

nothing in the launcher either

sol_trigger
Jun 8, 2021, 05:11 AM
worth 50 bucks ?

N-Rappy Suit [Fu] (Fullset Wear)
MTN: Idle - Rappy (Change Motions)
MTN: Glide - Rappy (Change Motions)
STP: Rappy - Love (Stamp)
Premium Set (15 Days) x2
Material Storage Use (15 Days) x2
N-Rare Drop Rate +50% x3
N-EXP Earned +10% x3
Salon Free Pass
N-Half Scape Doll x5
Monotite x30
Dualomite x30
Trinite x30
Photon Chunk x50
Photon Quartz x50

Tymek
Jun 8, 2021, 05:12 AM
adding a common questions tab to the OP so hopefully people look there first otherwise i guess people can point them there, it's definitely going to be a long post over time. I'll add stuff to it later today but any questions pertaining to classes will be added to their class threads because I just want general info here. I suppose if it pertains specifically to GBL or JP, I'll just give it that tag but if I make any mistakes about it, let me know because I will have minimal knowledge on how GBL is handled on specific things.

This is cool.

Arika
Jun 8, 2021, 05:16 AM
Thank at least it is confirmed that it won't have option then.

I know tweaker is a choice there, but it probably require a long waiting until they finish each story, so global should be better for me since they mention both server will update together now

Arika
Jun 8, 2021, 06:28 AM
Okay, so Global client still have voice selection there, not bad.

Cyclon
Jun 8, 2021, 11:13 AM
This is cool.
Agreed. Thank you for your work.

Anduril
Jun 8, 2021, 11:39 AM
Just double checking: the game still requires an authentication code when you log-in with a new MAC address, right?

KaizoKage
Jun 8, 2021, 03:17 PM

I just hope Global and JP will have similar files, so maybe its possible to just.....idk.... transfer the files with english text and change a version thing for it to be integrated to JP server. I dont really know what Im talking about but I hope something like that will work lmao

Sacrificial
Jun 8, 2021, 05:21 PM
havent been here in years, funny to see familiar names.
is NGS integrated in pso2 or is it a separate game?

Ezodagrom
Jun 8, 2021, 05:30 PM
havent been here in years, funny to see familiar names.
is NGS integrated in pso2 or is it a separate game?
NGS is integrated in PSO2, and switching between them only takes a loading screen (it's the same as switching blocks or switching to the challenge mode/battle arena ships).

SilenWhisper
Jun 9, 2021, 02:47 AM
Do race & gender still affect attributes (hp, atk, etc)?

oratank
Jun 9, 2021, 03:17 AM

No race & gender was the past we are all a little bit gay now

Anduril
Jun 9, 2021, 07:09 AM

Race and Gender choice only still effects stats when you go back to play PSO2classic, while they have no effect in NGS.

Arika
Jun 9, 2021, 07:10 PM
How do you receive/claim item from DLC?
Please receive the item from Main Menu → Get Campaign Items → Purchase/Receive Benefits

>> I check this but see no main menu with campaign items

SuKKrl
Jun 9, 2021, 07:12 PM
How do you receive/claim item from DLC?
Please receive the item from Main Menu → Get Campaign Items → Purchase/Receive Benefits

>> I check this but see no main menu with campaign items

Esc key if on PC -> system -> get campaign items

Arika
Jun 9, 2021, 11:17 PM
Is 2* 3* weapon are all non-purchase-able? I can't find any in the shop. So must find drop only?

I am in the part where it require to get 900 something BP now, trying to find a way to gain BP quickly.

nvm, the search function in ship02 is down atm. I am curious how someone brought my stuffs....

oratank
Jun 10, 2021, 04:04 AM
how to stop game from file checking every time i login

Shoterxx
Jun 10, 2021, 02:20 PM
Any idea how long minerals take to respawn? If at all?

I just did Dig III, looked for every piece of Trinite on the planet to do it (because I just mined before I picked the mission like a moron), and now you're telling me there's a 4th one?

I'm assuming the red crates also don't respawn, so finite free SG.

SuKKrl
Jun 10, 2021, 04:13 PM
I'm assuming the red crates also don't respawn, so finite free SG.

It is confirmed that red crates don't respawn. Game does state that in the tutorial.

silo1991
Jun 10, 2021, 05:42 PM
anybody can explain me why the patch gets stuck or just resets ?

i been trying since the night , in the morning it mark me it was only 2000 files left , then i just arrived and turnout it was stucked , tried too resume download and turnout it restarted again

Aurorra
Jun 10, 2021, 11:05 PM
Has there been any word on if the successor classes will be implemented?

the_importer_
Jun 10, 2021, 11:11 PM
Has there been any word on if the successor classes will be implemented?

Considering that the next class will be Braver in followed by Bouncer, I'm guessing the original order will stay (with or without Summoner is left to be seen). So to answer your question, don't hold your breath.

Arika
Jun 11, 2021, 12:10 AM
What do you do with all the low rarility stuffs with red augment lv 1-3?
are they useless now? how do you transfer low rarility weapon affix btw?

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2021, 04:37 AM
Considering that the next class will be Braver in followed by Bouncer, I'm guessing the original order will stay (with or without Summoner is left to be seen).
Summoner is already confirmed for next year, followed by a gunslash only class.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 11, 2021, 04:44 AM
Summoner is already confirmed for next year, followed by a gunslash only class.

says it will utilize the weapon but not that its the only weapon, so theres a chance we may get other weapon types with it but its sega so ya i guess we can go ahead and say GS only

ArcaneTechs
Jun 11, 2021, 04:48 AM
I'll be updating some of threads tomorrow (later today), I'm enjoying the game a lot and grinding so I'll put in a little bit of time to adding material locations etc which I'm sure you guys have already been seeing float around.

Class meta's, I won't be touching this yet. not likely until maybe after the 2nd week or so. while some class combos seem obvious, I don't want to steer people in the wrong direction and I will wait it out while those are testing class combos to do their thing because I'm playing different classes and leveling so I'm not exacting putting that time in myself. I guess do what you feel like for the time being if you dont care about meta.

have fun guys

sol_trigger
Jun 11, 2021, 07:08 AM
so what the fk "downed enemies" mean ? knocked down enemies ? since when this game use knock down mechanic and how the fk do i even knock down enemies while playing as a force ? is this a mistranslation or the skills are made useless on purpose ?

Kondibon
Jun 11, 2021, 07:41 AM
so what the fk "downed enemies" mean ? knocked down enemies ? since when this game use knock down mechanic and how the fk do i even knock down enemies while playing as a force ? is this a mistranslation or the skills are made useless on purpose ?
It's referring to enemies that are knocked down from status effects or part breaks.

sol_trigger
Jun 11, 2021, 09:04 AM
so it's useless
trash mobs die after one PA
never seen any elite enemies "knocked down", they just die
boss got stun like 2 times during their lifetime and it's like 5 seconds each.

it's useless

Kondibon
Jun 11, 2021, 09:23 AM
Considering the fact that while a boss is stunned is the best time to wail on it and use your PB, especially since EQ bosses also get a defense debuff during it, "useless" isn't the word I'd use... It's also not uncommon for bosses to get chain stunned.

Weaponslash
Jun 11, 2021, 10:19 AM
Since apparently even some jps complain about being ip blocked is there a rough eta if/when they going to comment about it or if its going to become the new status quo?

エリュシオン
Jun 11, 2021, 10:32 AM
Since apparently even some jps complain about being ip blocked is there a rough eta if/when they going to comment about it or if its going to become the new status quo?

Don't think SEGA made an official statement back when they recovered from the DDoS and a ton of people had issues connecting even within Japan, and I don't think they will make one now. So there's no clear answer if and when ISPs will able to be to connect to the game without a VPN/Proxy again. From the first time something like this happened, everyone just started to regain connection randomly after months. So we're probably going to be left in the dark for some time.

エリュシオン
Jun 11, 2021, 10:39 AM
Is anyone else having an issue where the brightness of the player shop character preview is really bright? Don't know if it's something in the graphical settings that caused this but, I can't even preview makeup because it makes my character extremely pale.

Gourd
Jun 11, 2021, 11:02 AM
So I take it Sega is actively updating their ban daily?
Yesterday I could get on under IPVanish. Today I can't.

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2021, 11:06 AM
So I take it Sega is actively updating their ban daily?
Yesterday I could get on under IPVanish. Today I can't.
Emergency maintenance is going on right now.

Gourd
Jun 11, 2021, 11:17 AM
Emergency maintenance is going on right now.

What's the best place for an English player to keep tabs on that? I used to get that from Tweaker.

AlphaBlob
Jun 11, 2021, 11:20 AM
What's the best place for an English player to keep tabs on that? I used to get that from Tweaker.
https://www.bumped.org/phantasy/

Gourd
Jun 11, 2021, 03:02 PM
There's a story quest that's the usual JRPG "get to know the locals" extended tutorial crap.
I finished 8/9 of it's fetch quests, but I can't find the last NPC they want me to help. It roughly translates to "Complete the run side task" but there's no markers.

SuKKrl
Jun 11, 2021, 06:28 PM

This sounds like the exact same stuff Sega did around ep2 or ep3 if my memory serves me right, which affected how many peers could see their address. I'm not knowledgeable on that but I remember the explanations were based on a lack of the address being properly announced. At the time it was basically a ballot to see if you would be able to connect or not to the server. I could, without a vpn, despite being overseas, which was an exception, while there were many reports of jp players being locked out.

Arika
Jun 12, 2021, 03:05 AM
Hmm I notice virtue full screen mode only allow me to use 1280*720 resolution, while window go until 4K

Is there anyway to play higher resolution in full screen? funny how all picture taken also 1280*720 size t00

sol_trigger
Jun 12, 2021, 05:42 AM
is there a mining map for NG yet ? like genshin one https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#

silo1991
Jun 12, 2021, 08:27 AM
since i cant play PSO2 NGS cause of IP block , then does this affect OG-PSO2 as well? (JP BTW)

and how can i access OG-PSO2 then , i just want to terminate my unfinish business with Masquerade by reaching floor 190

Weaponslash
Jun 12, 2021, 08:49 AM
since i cant play PSO2 NGS cause of IP block , then does this affect OG-PSO2 as well? (JP BTW)

and how can i access OG-PSO2 then , i just want to terminate my unfinish business with Masquerade by reaching floor 190
Yes since you need to log in NGS do some tutorial stuff and after that you are allowed to transfer to OG pso2

Ezodagrom
Jun 12, 2021, 11:45 AM
Hmm I notice virtue full screen mode only allow me to use 1280*720 resolution, while window go until 4K

Is there anyway to play higher resolution in full screen? funny how all picture taken also 1280*720 size t00
Virtual fullscreen is supposed to use your desktop's resolution, but it doesn't work well if the windows desktop scaling is above 100%.

There's a guide with a fix on the steam community hub:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2193614434

Zulastar
Jun 12, 2021, 12:53 PM
wtf with this shitty controls setup? I've changed buttons like "interact" or "dodge" but they're work only in cursor mode and not in common one.

Chdata
Jun 12, 2021, 02:08 PM
Alright, so I have my 10 year old PSO2 JP account.

Can I use that to log in to New Genesis and just play US servers?

rashoood
Jun 12, 2021, 03:17 PM
So is it just me? I've been trying to affix some stuff and whenever I use the item that boosts success rate, it says an error occurred. This doesn't happen when I dont use the boost item though

Zulastar
Jun 12, 2021, 04:09 PM
I'm done playing NGS: on free roam exploring got a hard crash to desktop. And when I'm trying to start a game now have same crash after 3 sec of loading screen...

Kondibon
Jun 12, 2021, 04:29 PM
So is it just me? I've been trying to affix some stuff and whenever I use the item that boosts success rate, it says an error occurred. This doesn't happen when I dont use the boost item thoughI haven't tried it, but I saw other people reporting the same issue, so it's probably a universal thing. That's a weird bug to get through.

Alright, so I have my 10 year old PSO2 JP account.

Can I use that to log in to New Genesis and just play US servers?No, the JP and global servers are entirely separate.

Sizustar
Jun 12, 2021, 07:23 PM
is there a mining map for NG yet ? like genshin one https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/852919750560055316/852966823313276948/E3kxmMbVgAE6TDM.png

Veteran(Lv.15 enemy) location
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/852919750560055316/852967196024111155/E3ldOpBVUAEVxa8.png

All red chest location
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3lURHXUcAAzF4o?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZpU88qy29c

Strongest weapon type in each location
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/162632018625167360/852582704473047060/20210611_001907.jpg

ArcaneTechs
Jun 12, 2021, 09:05 PM
added some questions to the OP, if the information is outdated or possibly incorrect, let me know

silo1991
Jun 12, 2021, 11:59 PM
since i need a VPN , does anybody can recommend me a safe one?

Sizustar
Jun 13, 2021, 12:06 AM
Amazon AWS - have to set up yourself, but only you can use

NordVPN and ExpressVPN

Gaylar
Jun 13, 2021, 03:19 AM
since i need a VPN , does anybody can recommend me a safe one?

To add onto this, which method would be safer? I assume connecting to public servers with Nord could be a bad idea (and I'm already doing that so I'm probably boned) but they seem to charge an arm and a leg for a dedicated IP.

And how about speeds? I'm noticing some pretty nasty lag during JP peak hours with Nord, I don't remember AWS being particularly laggy way back when I used it, but that was so long ago I hardly remember to begin with.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 13, 2021, 03:45 AM
To add onto this, which method would be safer? I assume connecting to public servers with Nord could be a bad idea (and I'm already doing that so I'm probably boned) but they seem to charge an arm and a leg for a dedicated IP.

And how about speeds? I'm noticing some pretty nasty lag during JP peak hours with Nord, I don't remember AWS being particularly laggy way back when I used it, but that was so long ago I hardly remember to begin with.

both sides are suffering bad lag no matter how stable your VPN is right now

silo1991
Jun 13, 2021, 10:25 AM
Amazon AWS - have to set up yourself, but only you can use

NordVPN and ExpressVPN

thank you for the info ,

before venture myself , does anybody have an estimate about how long the IP ban will long last ?

Kyra Tierney
Jun 13, 2021, 04:33 PM
I have been trying to setup Amazon AWS (whatever that is) according to this guide:
https://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?220299-Connect-to-PSO2-with-JP-Amazon-EC2-Free%2812mo%29-amp-Private-SSH-Tunnel-and-IP!
and got as far as setting up Proxy Cap. The thing is, I am not running PSO2 on my PC (as it's too weak). The game is on my PS4. I've managed to start a proxy server on my PC and connect PS4 to it through port 8080. I've already verified that PS4 can connect to internet while the proxy is running and other online games work fine. What is my next step to connect the game with AWS?

Nemhy
Jun 13, 2021, 04:35 PM
thank you for the info ,

before venture myself , does anybody have an estimate about how long the IP ban will long last ?

Could be permanent could be until next week. Nothing was said

xylomarim
Jun 13, 2021, 06:04 PM
I just hit level 20. What happens with EXP after cap? Does it keep rolling or should I immediately switch classes etc; any info would be great thanks

ArcaneTechs
Jun 13, 2021, 06:37 PM
I just hit level 20. What happens with EXP after cap? Does it keep rolling or should I immediately switch classes etc; any info would be great thanks

I forgot to add this question to the OP

when you over level at 20, you get Ex Cubes, you use those to upgrade the final level of your weapon potential (the increase is miniscule) so unless you really really want to minmax, you can get 5 of them to do so otherwise you really dont need to go that far and just settle for Lv4 pot

however if you dont care about Ex Cubes, ya maybe work on another class or character

xylomarim
Jun 13, 2021, 06:49 PM
Okay thanks for the info! Then looks like I'm moving onto another class then 👍

The ex cubes would definitely be worth doing with end patch meta weapons though, for these at 4*.... think not

Kyra Tierney
Jun 14, 2021, 01:08 AM
I have been trying to setup Amazon AWS (whatever that is) according to this guide:
https://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?220299-Connect-to-PSO2-with-JP-Amazon-EC2-Free%2812mo%29-amp-Private-SSH-Tunnel-and-IP!
and got as far as setting up Proxy Cap. The thing is, I am not running PSO2 on my PC (as it's too weak). The game is on my PS4. I've managed to start a proxy server on my PC and connect PS4 to it through port 8080. I've already verified that PS4 can connect to internet while the proxy is running and other online games work fine. What is my next step to connect the game with AWS?

Update: I've redirected all applications with Proxy Cap and now when I look up my ip in PS4 browser it shows that I'm in Tokyo and my provider is Amazon. However, connecting to PSO2 gives the same error I got when connecting with Soft Eter, Proton or without anything. Here it is:

Request:
GET http://download.pso2.jp/streampatch/v70001/ps4/movie/movielist.txt.pat HTTP/1.1
Host: download.pso2.jp
User-Agent: AQUA_HTTP libhttp/8.50 (PlayStation 4)
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

Response:
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Content-Type: application/xml
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 05:48:52 GMT
Server: AmazonS3
X-Cache: Error from cloudfront
Via: 1.1 6c183700546a331def0de99cb43d1575.cloudfront.net (CloudFront)
X-Amz-Cf-Pop: HEL50-C2
X-Amz-Cf-Id: Ecau7oR9jqq_go66Qsi8A2qaaj7d6iVfBb88DknUgDWMWYSmy_ 8TWA==

f3
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>5XK8T8DE9A63P9QQ</RequestId><HostId>m11IUkmj0sGmi3spVeMDtuJd82EG5Mh1rnieI5i+9RVvu3H73k zGlna7kTgeIdfHSuD1n+uM4rY=</HostId></Error>

Does anyone know what this is? Does it have anything to do with why the game can't be logged into?

Nemhy
Jun 14, 2021, 02:06 AM
Is maintain PP save on force rod worth?

sol_trigger
Jun 14, 2021, 07:41 AM
how do we show / hide units like PSO2 ? or we can't anymore ?

Nemhy
Jun 14, 2021, 09:01 AM
how do we show / hide units like PSO2 ? or we can't anymore ?

Huh??? Units don’t show at all

final_attack
Jun 14, 2021, 09:45 AM
Questions regarding Multi-weapon o-o

- If I use Rifle as base, Tmg as sub .... can I still use ChainTrigger?
- If I use Multi-weapon, combine them at +0, then upgrade the weapon to +30, the sub weapon will be counted as +30?
- That "innate affix thing" (Fatal, Attack, Termina(?)) .... if I have them on base, do sub get the bonus too? Or it only affect the base, and for sub, must have it's own innate-affix-thing?

Considering Tmg is expensive, I was wondering if I can use other weapon as base _(:3」
Thank you.

Ransu
Jun 14, 2021, 02:26 PM
Questions regarding Multi-weapon o-o

- If I use Rifle as base, Tmg as sub .... can I still use ChainTrigger?
- If I use Multi-weapon, combine them at +0, then upgrade the weapon to +30, the sub weapon will be counted as +30?
- That "innate affix thing" (Fatal, Attack, Termina(?)) .... if I have them on base, do sub get the bonus too? Or it only affect the base, and for sub, must have it's own innate-affix-thing?

Considering Tmg is expensive, I was wondering if I can use other weapon as base _(:3」
Thank you.

- I heard something about some bugs involving TMGs and multi-weapon but can't say for sure.
- The sub weapon doesn't really matter. When it vanishes all that is factored in is the base weapon's stats (i.e. Swords combined with Rod will scale techs with striking multipliers afaik)
- The Preset Abilities will work regardless since it all counts as one weapon now just with the functions of the other you combined it with.

final_attack
Jun 14, 2021, 06:01 PM
Ah, I see .... I'll wait until further info regarding Chain Trigger then, thank you very much :D

Kondibon
Jun 14, 2021, 06:51 PM
Chain trigger doesn't work with other weapons even if they're multiweapons combined with TMG, but it'll work with TMGs regardless of whether theyre combined with something or not. Think of it like just having both weapons equipped at once rather than actually combining them.
They share the stats of the primary weapon so you don't need to bother grinding or affixing the secondary, but since weapons from the same weapon series all have the same stats and pot anyway it doesn't really matter.
I heard they changed the damage type thing to no longer only be based on the primary weapon though, so if you combine weapons with different damage types then you'll need to take that into consideration with your affixes. I'm not really sure how true that is though.

Also, even though you can equip it with only the class that can use the secondary they always have the model of the primary on your back at first when you switch to them. So if you want to idle in the town with your favorite weapon, make sure it's the primary, since you can't use an attack to switch it there.

final_attack
Jun 14, 2021, 08:33 PM
Chain trigger doesn't work with other weapons even if they're multiweapons combined with TMG, but it'll work with TMGs regardless of whether theyre combined with something or not. Think of it like just having both weapons equipped at once rather than actually combining them.
They share the stats of the primary weapon so you don't need to bother grinding or affixing the secondary, but since weapons from the same weapon series all have the same stats and pot anyway it doesn't really matter.
I heard they changed the damage type thing to no longer only be based on the primary weapon though, so if you combine weapons with different damage types then you'll need to take that into consideration with your affixes. I'm not really sure how true that is though.

Also, even though you can equip it with only the class that can use the secondary they always have the model of the primary on your back at first when you switch to them. So if you want to idle in the town with your favorite weapon, make sure it's the primary, since you can't use an attack to switch it there.

Oh, my plan is to use exclusively Tmg, but using main weapon's pot to make it (hopefully) cheaper ^^; Gonna need to see market prices tho.
Since so far it seems GuTe seems nicer than GuFi (for me), I hope Talis is cheap ^^; Or if Fi's weapon is cheaper, I'd go for GuFi, I guess .... or Rifle since it's Gu main ^^;

Do the PB follow base (main) weapon?

As far as looks, I'm using handgun accessories for both hand, and invisible camo, so, looks shouldn't matter at all :D

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2021, 04:34 PM
Oh, my plan is to use exclusively Tmg, but using main weapon's pot to make it (hopefully) cheaper ^^; Gonna need to see market prices tho.
Since so far it seems GuTe seems nicer than GuFi (for me), I hope Talis is cheap ^^; Or if Fi's weapon is cheaper, I'd go for GuFi, I guess .... or Rifle since it's Gu main ^^;The weapons need to be the same series so the pot and cost of upgrading would be the same regardless of which one is the main weapon, and you'd still need tmg of that same series.

Do the PB follow base (main) weapon?The PB is based on the last one you used. So if you use a PA, normal, weapon action, or skill from one of the weapons then that's the one that'll be picked for the PB. I've run into this a lot with my launcher/rifle where I use WB then want to use the launcher PB but accidentally use the rifle one because I forgot to use a launcher attack to switch back to launcher first.

final_attack
Jun 15, 2021, 08:04 PM
Oh yes, I forgot about the weapon series _(:3」
There goes my Tmg / Talis then lol
The one with same series is the step dodge one (which I'm bad at) _(:3」

Cattleya(?) is sword, knuck, tmg, wand, huh ..... my .... hopefully 1 of them is cheap _(:3」

Thank you for PB info too! :D
Knuck looks cool for PB, would like to see highest damage one, I guess ....

Bellex
Jun 15, 2021, 08:45 PM
Does the barta blot and zonde clad from FO and TE stack?

ArcaneTechs
Jun 15, 2021, 09:04 PM
Does the barta blot and zonde clad from FO and TE stack?

no

5char

Zulastar
Jun 16, 2021, 10:06 AM
I saw plenty of Ra/Fi and Fi/Ra recently... What's a good point of this setup?

Kiboune
Jun 16, 2021, 10:21 AM
For some reason I can't enter PSO2 version, I always get 630 error even though PSO2 NGS works fine. Removed eng patch and tried to launch it from JP launcher, but still same error. Any ideas how to fix this? And also I can't login to my main character in PSO2es too

silo1991
Jun 16, 2021, 12:33 PM
For some reason I can't enter PSO2 version, I always get 630 error even though PSO2 NGS works fine. Removed eng patch and tried to launch it from JP launcher, but still same error. Any ideas how to fix this? And also I can't login to my main character in PSO2es too

in my case its the other way around , i can log in to PSO2es but i cant on Ngs and so PSO2classic

Halaniwa
Jun 16, 2021, 01:04 PM
How do i link my pso2 character (old) to New Genesis is it automatically kept or do i have to do something?

Anduril
Jun 16, 2021, 01:20 PM
How do i link my pso2 character (old) to New Genesis is it automatically kept or do i have to do something?

All of your old characters are automatically available when you load up NGS; in fact, in order to even get them back into PSO2classic, each character must play though the NGS tutorial

ralf542
Jun 17, 2021, 02:04 PM
I see people saying that various things are a waste of resources/meseta like unlocking potential on 4star weapons, because we will get stronger stuff later on.

I gathered some info. The classic 13* units have 28def, the 11* 26def, 1* 24def. People say that the top tier classic units(28def) are plenty for current content, so why do we need to upgrade($$$) the 4* NGS units instead of running lower star(with Fixa) or ultra budget 1* classic units?

ArcaneTechs
Jun 17, 2021, 07:51 PM
I see people saying that various things are a waste of resources/meseta like unlocking potential on 4star weapons, because we will get stronger stuff later on.

I gathered some info. The classic 13* units have 28def, the 11* 26def, 1* 24def. People say that the top tier classic units(28def) are plenty for current content, so why do we need to upgrade($$$) the 4* NGS units instead of running lower star(with Fixa) or ultra budget 1* classic units?

pro tip: you can get away with using Cras gear in the current content to save on resources until 5*s hit or a very strong 4* series is release (doubt this will happen). the only real reason youll jump to the current 4* gear is if you really want to minmax (wont be by a massive margin) or you dont have Cras gear to use. frankly maybe go with 3* gear but maxed out if you want to somewhat save on things? maybe just get away with just the Lv1 potential too, its honestly up to you how much you want to invest into the current gear.

i know i didnt exactly answer the question directly but yes, people are right about wasting resources on current gear when you can get stronger stuff later assuming the upcoming EQ drops better gear.

TehCubey
Jun 17, 2021, 08:48 PM
Anyone knows what do you get for leveling up while already level 20? The UI hints at "exp until next cube" but I don't think n-excubes are in the game yet, are they?

ralf542
Jun 18, 2021, 01:47 AM
pro tip: you can get away with using Cras gear in the current content to save on resources until 5*s hit or a very strong 4* series is release (doubt this will happen).

I do not have Cras stuff even on my main account(I do have other 15* weapons and 13* units).

I'm using Forsis Wire +40(Lv1 pot) in Global, I just want a budget unit that helps me tank hits even more, I do not want to drop 400k(grind cost) on the 4* units tbh.

Ransu
Jun 18, 2021, 05:46 AM
Anyone knows what do you get for leveling up while already level 20? The UI hints at "exp until next cube" but I don't think n-excubes are in the game yet, are they?

They are, it's the level cap bonus.

TehCubey
Jun 18, 2021, 10:57 AM
Okay, apparently they are used for unlocking level 4 pots. That evaded me because I am using my legacy PSO2 weapons.

the_importer_
Jun 18, 2021, 11:22 PM
As anyone found all of the gathering items in each field that has gathering? I'm missing 1 item per region, so I was wondering if it was just me or everyone else.

Kondibon
Jun 19, 2021, 01:34 AM
As anyone found all of the gathering items in each field that has gathering? I'm missing 1 item per region, so I was wondering if it was just me or everyone else.

I think that's for everyone, I haven't seen anyone who really knows what it is, but I've seen people suggest it was Alpha Reactors in the beta and it might just be bugged. I have no way of confirming that though.

the_importer_
Jun 19, 2021, 01:39 AM
I think that's for everyone, I haven't seen anyone who really knows what it is, but I've seen people suggest it was Alpha Reactors in the beta and it might just be bugged. I have no way of confirming that though.

Make senses, too much of a coincidence that 1 per region was missing, these things aren't exactly hard to find.

Cheers

Will_2_Power
Jun 19, 2021, 11:32 PM
Hi.

Currently downloading NGS JP version.

Is it true that I'll need a VPN to play it since I'm from outside of Japan (I live in Cali, USA)?

If that's the case, then I might have to play the "Western" version (although I'm trying to remove myself from obnoxious behavior).... :(.

Edit:

I'm asking because I didn't need a VPN for Base PSO2 JP.

TehCubey
Jun 19, 2021, 11:46 PM
Yes, you need a VPN. I also didn't need it for PSO2 before NGS came out, but I do now.

Will_2_Power
Jun 20, 2021, 12:14 AM
@TehCubey

Thanks.

I'll bite the bullet and get VPN.

All of my stuff are on the Base PSO2 JP server anyways and I played the game raw without EN patches; I also have tens of thousands of hours locked in over there.

I haven't played in like ~8 months, but decided to come back for NGS.

But more importantly, I just really want to play NGS in peace and quiet away from obnoxious people.

Thanks again for the response.

Kondibon
Jun 20, 2021, 07:51 PM
Has anyone found any information on how elemental downs work? I thought it was based on damage like physical downs, but I've also seen people say it's based on number of hits. I think knowing which it is would go a long way to deciding how to best try and focus on applying them.

the_importer_
Jun 21, 2021, 12:26 AM
Regarding EXP boost
-10% EXP Boost Ticket
-10% Premium EXP Boost
-10% Region Mag EXP Boost (All)

Anything else?

Will_2_Power
Jun 23, 2021, 12:06 AM
Has anyone found any information on how elemental downs work? I thought it was based on damage like physical downs, but I've also seen people say it's based on number of hits. I think knowing which it is would go a long way to deciding how to best try and focus on applying them.

According to the NGS JP swiki (https://pso2ngs.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%8A%B6%E6%85%8B%E7%95%B0%E5%B8%B8%E3% 83%BB%E5%B1%9E%E6%80%A7%E3%83%BB%E5%A4%A9%E5%80%99 %E5%A4%89%E5%8C%96), there is line that it states:

一部エネミーには、特定の属性の攻撃を加え続けてダウン値を蓄積することで属性ダウンと言われる特殊な状態 異常を発させることができる

Which basically means in EN:

"It is said that for some enemies, when continuously attacking with a particular element, there is a 'down' value that accumulates which causes the element down. This results in a special abnormal state."

But the the main thing to note is と言われる in the JP line above which basically means "it is said that so and so..." without going to any further specific details/links/proof/etc.

Then later, there is the line:

攻撃で与えるダメージは蓄積値に関係なく、攻撃の種類によって蓄積値が決められている。

Which basically means, the 'down' value doesn't depend on damage numbers, but on the type of attack.

And then, there is another important line below it:

属性ダウンに必要な蓄積値は、ダウン回数ごとに増加していく

Which basically means, this 'down' value (threshold) increases every time a down state is incurred on the enemy.

Kondibon
Jun 23, 2021, 01:50 PM
Were Gigantix spawns this fucked in the beta? I've only heard of one group beating any of them and that was an organized group abusing Julien Dance's first hit, and they STILL only did it with 6 seconds left.

According to the NGS JP swiki (https://pso2ngs.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%8A%B6%E6%85%8B%E7%95%B0%E5%B8%B8%E3% 83%BB%E5%B1%9E%E6%80%A7%E3%83%BB%E5%A4%A9%E5%80%99 %E5%A4%89%E5%8C%96), there is line that it states:

一部エネミーには、特定の属性の攻撃を加え続けてダウン値を蓄積することで属性ダウンと言われる特殊な状態 異常を発させることができる

Which basically means in EN:

"It is said that for some enemies, when continuously attacking with a particular element, there is a 'down' value that accumulates which causes the element down. This results in a special abnormal state."

But the the main thing to note is と言われる in the JP line above which basically means "it is said that so and so..." without going to any further specific details/links/proof/etc.

Then later, there is the line:

攻撃で与えるダメージは蓄積値に関係なく、攻撃の種類によって蓄積値が決められている。

Which basically means, the 'down' value doesn't depend on damage numbers, but on the type of attack.

And then, there is another important line below it:

属性ダウンに必要な蓄積値は、ダウン回数ごとに増加していく

Which basically means, this 'down' value (threshold) increases every time a down state is incurred on the enemy.

Thank you. This matches with other stuff I saw, I guess this page updated since I last looked at it. Now I just need to find the numbers.

oratank
Jun 23, 2021, 07:43 PM
Dose it have a way to not pay 50k for multi weapon quest on every character you have?

Mystil
Jun 24, 2021, 12:08 PM
No. That particular quest always requires the meseta for the process, which I think is stupid.

sol_trigger
Jun 24, 2021, 11:57 PM
how do you show accessories while wearing rappy suit ? mine are invisible

Kondibon
Jun 25, 2021, 12:09 AM
how do you show accessories while wearing rappy suit ? mine are invisible

Regular rappy suits still have your accessories scaled to your normal proportions, only the mini suits actually scaled them to the suit. They're most likely inside the rappy head.

silo1991
Jun 25, 2021, 07:31 AM
does anybody knows how can i change the controls to be like OG-PSO2? , i dont like the default NGS controls specially because i have to use the wheel mouse as another button

yes i finally encourage myself to buy a VPN and jump into NGS

oratank
Jun 25, 2021, 08:01 AM
you can't NGS only has 3 button type atleast you can disable wheel mouse change/add action3 and weapon action to something else

silo1991
Jun 25, 2021, 09:11 PM
you can't NGS only has 3 button type atleast you can disable wheel mouse change/add action3 and weapon action to something else

i guess the wheel i have to assing attacks that i dont use much then .

another question: did sega mention that OG-PSO2 wont give casino passes anymore? i didnt recieve one yesterday nor today

Gourd
Jun 26, 2021, 12:26 PM
I take it the SG shop is bugged.
I'm trying to buy the 30 day material storage ticket for 300. It says I don't have enough and wants me to buy more.
I have fucking 900.

エリュシオン
Jun 26, 2021, 09:47 PM
I'm getting error 249 on login although ships are online and my VPNs are working fine, has anyone else had this issue?

Edit: I don't know what I did but, it's fixed now. (´・ω・`)

silo1991
Jun 27, 2021, 10:25 AM
ok im getting worry , i log in to OG-PSO2 and i havent recieve any casino passes , its Sega planning to delete the casino ?

im asking because i wanted to make a video about reasons to play OG-PSO2

Tymek
Jun 27, 2021, 05:37 PM
ok im getting worry , i log in to OG-PSO2 and i havent recieve any casino passes , its Sega planning to delete the casino ?

im asking because i wanted to make a video about reasons to play OG-PSO2

Casino Coin Passes are part of the Daily Login Bonus. Since PSO2 no longer has the Daily Login Bonus, there is no more constant stream of Casino Coin Passes.

silo1991
Jun 27, 2021, 06:08 PM
Casino Coin Passes are part of the Daily Login Bonus. Since PSO2 no longer has the Daily Login Bonus, there is no more constant stream of Casino Coin Passes.

i just found out if you log into PSO2es and claim the casino pass manually it goes to your basic storage automatically.(only works for JP)

for Global i dont know if they STILL recieve the casino passes but if not then the casino has been killed off there for sure

the_importer_
Jun 27, 2021, 10:49 PM
i just found out if you log into PSO2es and claim the casino pass manually it goes to your basic storage automatically.(only works for JP)

for Global i dont know if they STILL recieve the casino passes but if not then the casino has been killed off there for sure

Well now, looks like this ES still have another use besides a free daily SG and buying AC.

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2021, 01:08 AM
So I've noticed that Zeont Armors are plentiful in the player shops. Are they worth it for a Fo/Te considering the dangerous double edge sword?

Kondibon
Jun 28, 2021, 04:32 AM
Breaking all of Pettas Vera's armor doesn't affect the drop rare right? People keep saying it, and even if it's true it doesn't seem worth the time it takes, but I'd like to know for sure so I can at least get my argument straight when people insist on berating the group for not breaking all of them.
I know breaking the crystal on its back stops the attacks where it jumps in the air, but as far as I know there's no reason to break the armor other than the one with the weakpoint under it.

SuKKrl
Jun 28, 2021, 07:38 PM
I have heard that but I've still have to see confirmation. Hard to do so when every room wants to do it in a different way.

Kondibon
Jun 29, 2021, 02:16 AM
If I turn on body type synching to change a character's skin tone, will it keep everything I didn't change the way it was before or change it all after the fact?

I have heard that but I've still have to see confirmation. Hard to do so when every room wants to do it in a different way.

I really wish there was a definitive answer on this because as far as I know they stopped doing that for EQ bosses after Elder specifically because of the drama it caused

sol_trigger
Jun 29, 2021, 02:59 AM
i have been seeing 2 or 3 PSE burst markers in the resol forest at the same time since this morning but there's no monsters spawn at those markers, am i drunk or what ?

Kondibon
Jun 29, 2021, 03:07 AM
i have been seeing 2 or 3 PSE burst markers in the resol forest at the same time since this morning but there's no monsters spawn at those markers, am i drunk or what ?There's a bug with PSE markers where they sometimes don't go away sometimes, It should reset if you leave the area and come back though.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 29, 2021, 06:16 PM
Breaking all of Pettas Vera's armor doesn't affect the drop rare right? People keep saying it, and even if it's true it doesn't seem worth the time it takes, but I'd like to know for sure so I can at least get my argument straight when people insist on berating the group for not breaking all of them.
I know breaking the crystal on its back stops the attacks where it jumps in the air, but as far as I know there's no reason to break the armor other than the one with the weakpoint under it.

i havent seen a clear answer on this either, just frustrated when ppl dont focus the wp part when it glows and ppl decide to break everything else.

Zulastar
Jun 29, 2021, 06:46 PM
Today I happen to wait for a Gigantix in the Northen Areio and had imprudence to leave an area whith 32/32 ppl in it. When I tried to reenter I got into another instance of Northen Areio of same block with just few ppl in it, while some of them (3-4 ppl) tried to kill a Gigantix - absolute useless and suicide act btw. So I had an idea about this endless waiting have something to do with a fact of Gigantix appearing there and not in the instance where majority of ppl was. Any thoughts?

ArcaneTechs
Jun 29, 2021, 10:21 PM
Today I happen to wait for a Gigantix in the Northen Areio and had imprudence to leave an area whith 32/32 ppl in it. When I tried to reenter I got into another instance of Northen Areio of same block with just few ppl in it, while some of them (3-4 ppl) tried to kill a Gigantix - absolute useless and suicide act btw. So I had an idea about this endless waiting have something to do with a fact of Gigantix appearing there and not in the instance where majority of ppl was. Any thoughts?

pro tip: you dont need a 32/32 lobby to kill a Gigantix boss, you also don't need to be 8/8 for EQ bosses either with how it scales. if you joined those 3-4 ppl and you were all Lv20, you could have killed it but if you had shitters who were Lv19 and below doing 1's thinking theyre helping then I can see why you would be a little annoyed

oratank
Jun 30, 2021, 02:42 AM
really? good to know i always wonder why 16 mpa can kill it but 32 can't :T

FOnewearl-Lina
Jun 30, 2021, 04:13 AM
Gigantix HP scales dynamically based on the players around it, it just seems easier with more people.

the_importer_
Jun 30, 2021, 10:55 PM
Do we still get 20% of our subclass' stats?

oratank
Jul 1, 2021, 12:15 AM
Gigantix HP scales dynamically based on the players around it, it just seems easier with more people.

found some group that told other to wait outside the song range they will call when boss is about to die that was a funny move

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 1, 2021, 01:36 AM
Do we still get 20% of our subclass' stats?
Currently subclass does not affect mainclass stats.

found some group that told other to wait outside the song range they will call when boss is about to die that was a funny move
Oops! We forgot to tell you when the boss was about to die, sorry guys!

ArcaneTechs
Jul 1, 2021, 04:31 AM

seems easier but sometimes a small group is better, just depends on the players skill

Kondibon
Jul 1, 2021, 04:56 AM
I don't think the scaling is linear either, but it kinda comes down to less people means individual player output matters more, and more people means individual player output matters less, but there's also more opportunities for a larger percentage of the players to not be able to do enough.

the_importer_
Jul 1, 2021, 04:11 PM
Currently subclass does not affect mainclass stats.

Euh, well that's disappoint. Add this along the fact that most of the good skills are main class exclusive and this makes subclasses less important than in OG PSO2. Let's hope this changes in the future.

Kondibon
Jul 2, 2021, 11:55 AM
Anyone know the name of the costume on this tweet? I think the tweet said it's a male costume, so, probably using chest attachment / acc ....

I'm not sure if it's from old PSO2 or not ..... I don't remember seeing something like that.

https://twitter.com/operatorko/status/1410921780961742848

Thank you very much

It's Garoa's outfit with one of the the boob accessories colored for the outfit. I don't know what the rest of the accessories are, or what body paint or inner wear they used though.

final_attack
Jul 2, 2021, 11:59 AM
It's Garoa's outfit with one of the the boob accessories colored for the outfit. I don't know what the rest of the accessories are, or what body paint or inner wear they used though.

Ah, yes.
Just found it :D
Thank you.

[In] is N-バルクスタータ/2[In]

Shoulder Acc is ユクリータ-something ... or クリムピアシオアーム

silo1991
Jul 3, 2021, 12:03 PM
anybody can explain me why im able to equip OG subclass weapons like nothing if i never touched the multiweapon feature.

im not mad just wonder why ?

Kondibon
Jul 3, 2021, 12:13 PM
anybody can explain me why im able to equip OG subclass weapons like nothing if i never touched the multiweapon feature.

im not mad just wonder why ?You can always equip your subclass' weapons, Multi Weapons are for convenience (not needing to switch palettes or grind multiple weapons), you don't need to use them to equip the weapons.

SuKKrl
Jul 5, 2021, 09:38 AM
Has anyone stumbled into a bug where Nex Vera's (the dragon boss) break bar won't fill after the first break? No idea what triggered that.

Kondibon
Jul 5, 2021, 11:42 AM
Has anyone stumbled into a bug where Nex Vera's (the dragon boss) break bar won't fill after the first break? No idea what triggered that.

I think I need more details. If you mean the bar not filling up all the way, I think that's just becauyse you can build towards downs even while the enemy is downed, which would include the break bar.
Otherwise I'm not sure what you could mean. Not every down is a break though, There's like 3 other ways to stun the boss and sometimes they just happen when the break bar is almost empty, which causes it to break immediately after the stun.

SuKKrl
Jul 5, 2021, 12:55 PM
We got it to break state as usual (word break on bar and with it refilling while it is stunned). After the boss got up the bar showed as if it were empty but it not in a break state. We got an elemental down in it but the break bar spent most of the fight bugged. I've asked around and seems like it isn't the first time that has been seen.

TenebriS
Jul 5, 2021, 01:30 PM
I had that sorta thing happen to me a few times, but eh wouldn't even break the first time.

So we had to fight the Dragon without any BREAKs, made it muuuuch longer, but yeah happens a few times. Always funny to see MPA reactions though. Most people take it with humor.

Apostosis
Jul 6, 2021, 10:46 AM
When the gathering points reset?

oratank
Jul 6, 2021, 01:34 PM
4:00 jp

Apostosis
Jul 6, 2021, 01:42 PM
4:00 jp

Thanks

the_importer_
Jul 23, 2021, 12:47 AM
How are Japanese players with the minimum sales price restriction of certain AC Scratch items?

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 24, 2021, 01:39 AM
How are Japanese players with the minimum sales price restriction of certain AC Scratch items?
Some of these 500k meseta items aren't very popular and never end up selling, in fact in the screenshot below you'll see 10 pages of this item and it only begins to increase beyond 500k at the end of page 10, I'm sure whoever scratched this item are seething inside with self-loathing for spending AC.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/jMsaSUq.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

oratank
Aug 4, 2021, 01:38 AM
Have they ever said Br SG scratch will be added not replace a whole scratch?

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 4, 2021, 01:51 AM
Have they ever said Br SG scratch will be added not replace a whole scratch?
You mean the other SG scratch? That ends today so won't be available after maintenance regardless.

oratank
Aug 4, 2021, 02:11 AM
You mean the other SG scratch? That ends today so won't be available after maintenance regardless.

you should check the SG scratch page it still there i just feel like a dump for do a 40 pull ticket yesterday

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 4, 2021, 02:30 AM
you should check the SG scratch page it still there i just feel like a dump for do a 40 pull ticket yesterday
It is no longer in the list of currently on sale scratches and was supposed to end today:

https://pso2.jp/players/catalog/

oratank
Aug 4, 2021, 02:41 AM
they just change its banner old SG item are in there all of it

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 4, 2021, 03:07 AM
they just change its banner old SG item are in there all of it
Ah you mean items added to the old scratch and labelled as a new one.

Yeah, that's... cheap

final_attack
Aug 5, 2021, 09:45 PM
Hello ^^

Do we know when's the reward from WebPanel is?
There's reward for unit affixing / grinding, I think?

Thank you :D

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 5, 2021, 10:25 PM
Hello ^^

Do we know when's the reward from WebPanel is?
There's reward for unit affixing / grinding, I think?

Thank you :D
Reward Period 1 (EXP, Acquired Meseta, etc)
11am JST, 11th August 2021 to start of maintenance 18th August 2021

Reward Period 2 (Grind, etc)
End of maintenance on 25th August 2021 to Start of maintenance on 1st September 2021

final_attack
Aug 5, 2021, 10:56 PM
Reward Period 1 (EXP, Acquired Meseta, etc)
11am JST, 11th August 2021 to start of maintenance 18th August 2021

Reward Period 2 (Grind, etc)
End of maintenance on 25th August 2021 to Start of maintenance on 1st September 2021

Thank you very much :D
I guess I'll wait until that period.

oratank
Aug 10, 2021, 05:29 AM
what's the different between エコールスカート and エコールスカート/2
don't know why 2 is more expensive than 1 while 1 can change both of its color

ArcaneTechs
Aug 10, 2021, 06:14 AM
what's the different between エコールスカート and エコールスカート/2
don't know why 2 is more expensive than 1 while 1 can change both of its color

usually one is a set color and the other takes the color of what youre wearing. since you can change accessory colors, you most likely can change the skirt to the color you want granted its a color choice from what you currently have on

moorebounce
Aug 18, 2021, 05:59 AM
It's making me reinstall the whole game. Am I the only one?

NightlightPro
Aug 18, 2021, 06:38 AM
is it possible to remove the transparent thingy in the Vapore Chuneaux [Se] ?

TenebriS
Aug 18, 2021, 08:01 AM
is it possible to remove the transparent thingy in the Vapore Chuneaux [Se] ?

No, the removable things are the bracelets and stuff on the legs.

Zulastar
Aug 19, 2021, 10:14 AM
Is it worth maining Te with Evol pot lvl4 weapon for a quick PB building?

the_importer_
Aug 19, 2021, 11:16 AM
Is it worth maining Te with Evol pot lvl4 weapon for a quick PB building?

I'll do it once I get 3 more cubes, not like there's much you can do with them anyway. At least they're not Class Cubes.

Zulastar
Aug 19, 2021, 11:27 AM
I'll do it once I get 3 more cubes, not like there's much you can do with them anyway. At least they're not Class Cubes.

I have more than enough in stock but broke in terms of money... I found awesome Bow PB and wanna try to do Bow/Wand or Bow/Talis for TeBr, but it'll cost ~800k and it'll be to painful if it isn't worth it. Anyways waiting for a boost week tho.

the_importer_
Aug 22, 2021, 06:47 PM
As SEGA stated the digital goods included with the new Physical release of NGS?

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 22, 2021, 09:44 PM
As SEGA stated the digital goods included with the new Physical release of NGS?
Same items as the ones in the AC Shop minus the physical package but each has a buy limit of 1. Go import a few.

One important thing to note is you get 12 badges which you can exchange for the same items as the AC store packs but there does not appear to be a trade limit so you could get 4 Basewears if you really wanted to.

https://pso2.jp/products/pkg/ngsstarter/
https://pso2.jp/players/news/28258/

the_importer_
Aug 22, 2021, 10:36 PM
Same items as the ones in the AC Shop minus the physical package but each has a buy limit of 1. Go import a few.

One important thing to note is you get 12 badges which you can exchange for the same items as the AC store packs but there does not appear to be a trade limit so you could get 4 Basewears if you really wanted to.

https://pso2.jp/products/pkg/ngsstarter/
https://pso2.jp/players/news/28258/

Can any of that stuff be sold on the market and the price I want?

silo1991
Sep 2, 2021, 12:15 PM
as fighter i need some advice : well i play as Fi/Hu , i use the hunter sword as an anti minion weapon and the knuckes and daggers i use them for bosses.

the issue its the double saber: i dont know when its necessary to use that weapon , do you guys have any tip or its just a matter of personal likes

KaizoKage
Oct 30, 2021, 10:25 AM
is it safe to assume that all of our gear from PSO2 are useless? can I sell my +35 equipments without regretting it later? lol

silo1991
Oct 30, 2021, 11:58 AM
is it safe to assume that all of our gear from PSO2 are useless? can I sell my +35 equipments without regretting it later? lol

the OG armors since day 1 are obsolete but the weapons are still on debate for now , just wait for the desert release to see.

BTW dont dump the OG equipment like nothing , OG-PSO2 its still worth to play for many reasons

1 screenshots scenaries , fashion leftovers and any other means
2 weapons skins from the stores and enemy drops or any weapon that can be use as a skin source when the weapon form change its available in NGS one day
3 and most important star gems sources

ArcaneTechs
Oct 31, 2021, 02:42 AM

It's not exactly useless granted its Cras gear at least, once 5* gear is released in Dec/Jan then it will be for sure useless overall. You should only hold on to gear you want for memories or stuff you know you used a lot in PSO2c, completely up to you though

the OG armors since day 1
in defense sure because 28 Def vs current 56 Def 4* is obvious, if you didnt do God affixes on your Cras units then I would agree but if you did then they're still worth using for the overall attack spread. Worked out just well for us who waited on 5* gear soon

silo1991
Oct 31, 2021, 09:44 AM
in defense sure because 28 Def vs current 56 Def 4* is obvious, if you didnt do God affixes on your Cras units then I would agree but if you did then they're still worth using for the overall attack spread. Worked out just well for us who waited on 5* gear soon

well i never been a try hard with the effects , i just ask for extra HP , PP and all resist as minimum , extra attack effects are a bonus to me

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 31, 2021, 09:02 PM
Even with god affixes, very least you should make a new weapon since they have higher base attack and multi weapon comes in handy when you want to say, set off a stationary sticky bomb whilst still being able to use Launcher PAs while that bomb is active.

As for units, you can get up to 10.6% on Ranged Attack if you use Geant and really want to burn your money on Ragras Soul 3. Even with Ragras Soul 2 that's a gap of 3.2%*3 between Geant and the old units. Also if you main RA the Geant penalty really doesn't do anything since status effects wear off fast.

I've included some screenshots if you want to do your own comparison on slightly old vs year old gear:

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/yiV48UW.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Question: I see people using Gifoie on Daidal. From DPS charts I've seen Gifoie is only 2.5% stronger than Foie. The DPS difference between Foie and Gifoie doesn't seem to be worth the 5 extra PP cost. Is there any reason to be using Gifoie over Foie on a single target?

Kondibon
Nov 1, 2021, 02:50 AM
Question: I see people using Gifoie on Daidal. From DPS charts I've seen Gifoie is only 2.5% stronger than Foie. The DPS difference between Foie and Gifoie doesn't seem to be worth the 5 extra PP cost. Is there any reason to be using Gifoie over Foie on a single target?

Charged Gifoie? You have to keep in mind that for Fo at least you're getting pp back when charging because it takes so much longer to charge. It also benefits a lot more from the charge speed skill for photon flare. As a non-Fo it isn't really worth using, but as a Fo it's your best single target fire tech provided you can hit the spot you want with all 3 hits.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 1, 2021, 03:43 AM
Charged Gifoie? You have to keep in mind that for Fo at least you're getting pp back when charging because it takes so much longer to charge. It also benefits a lot more from the charge speed skill for photon flare. As a non-Fo it isn't really worth using, but as a Fo it's your best single target fire tech provided you can hit the spot you want with all 3 hits.
Nope, just normal uncharged Gifoie at Daidal's feet.

I guess if you time them right you can get free counters, but they don't regenerate PP so you'd still need to use rod action.

SteveCZ
Nov 1, 2021, 04:16 AM

Not including main class damage bonus, but including elemental weak, the DPS is:
Uncharged Foie: 306, uses 15 PP
Uncharged Gifoie: 295, uses 20 PP
Uncharged Gifoie on counter: 615
Charged Gifoie + Photon Flare Short Charge (PFSC): 359
From this DPS table (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YEg-6eViChVV7HDDlNlgFPJf3qbyIUeAlLYPr9b99t0)

According to these data, I conclude:
- It's better that you use uncharged Foie whenever possible.
- On PFSC, use charged Gifoie whenever possible. If it's not possible (ex: the front core may have you hit the head instead), use uncharged Foie. Combining this with PP Convert might be great depending on the situation.
- Use Gifoie counter whenever you think you can, it's the highest DPS Force can ever get.

A little addition; if you are Force/Bouncer, you may want to use Jet Intensity with Jet Boots when the enemy is downed. Its DPS is 444 as a sub, which is still the highest on almost all techs above even with PF + PFSC, just below Gifoie counter. Since you can't counter when this Daidal is downed anyway, Jet Intensity becomes the highest DPS on that core after PB. Finish it off with an addition Jetsweep Jolt (DPS: 403) which is almost always available after Jet Intensity (almost, cause there's a bit cooldown).

Addition: Target is Giga Daidal with fire weakness from Halloween seasonal event.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 1, 2021, 04:45 AM
Yep I'm already geared up with boots and Jet Intensity (I just multiweaponed boots onto my talis because I'm lazy).

As you said, charged Gifoie hits the head if you target the core so it looks like I'm going to be spamming uncharged Foie for this event.

Also, you can't counter charged Gifoie so I'm guessing that's a typo? When spamming uncharged techs I prefer to use rod action to recover that 30 PP and still get that counter attack.

SteveCZ
Nov 1, 2021, 04:49 AM
Yep I'm already geared up with boots and Jet Intensity (I just multiweaponed boots onto my talis because I'm lazy).

As you said, charged Gifoie hits the head if you target the core so it looks like I'm going to be spamming uncharged Foie for this event.

Also, you can't counter charged Gifoie so I'm guessing that's a typo? When spamming uncharged techs I prefer to use rod action to recover that 30 PP and still get that counter attack.

Oops sorry yup that's a typo, supposedly uncharged. Fixed! Yeah I agree the Gifoie counter is quite situational and quite unfavorable when you are low on PP and Daidal didn't do anything for you to counter again, in the end you'll stick with the usual tech + wa counter most of the time.

silo1991
Nov 2, 2021, 08:42 AM
does anybody remember when Appai got in charge of IDOLA , im working on a video talking about its shutdown and its suspicious circumtances .

im just looking for visual evidence

Tymek
Nov 2, 2021, 12:32 PM
does anybody remember when Appai got in charge of IDOLA , im working on a video talking about its shutdown and its suspicious circumtances .

im just looking for visual evidence

February 1st, 2021 (https://bumped.org/idola/idola-valentine-stream-recap/)

silo1991
Nov 2, 2021, 10:29 PM
thank you very much tymek

ralf542
Nov 4, 2021, 11:55 AM
I have some weird color issues. The black lipstick and black fishnet tights have this cyan color instead of black in the Global version.
I did file-check and re-downloaded game too. First I thought it was normal, but it's black in JP.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/aberr2N.jpeg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zulastar
Nov 4, 2021, 02:30 PM
I have some weird color issues. The black lipstick and black fishnet tights have this cyan color instead of black in the Global version.
I did file-check and re-downloaded game too. First I thought it was normal, but it's black in JP.

This version of Body Paint change it's color accordingly to the color of innerwear picked.
Versions with fixed colors commonly marked with */B and e.t.c postfixes.

the_importer_
Nov 8, 2021, 01:40 AM
Anyone ever got teleported in weird spots coming down from the sky in NGS after moving from OG PSO2?

Kondibon
Nov 8, 2021, 04:35 AM
Anyone ever got teleported in weird spots coming down from the sky in NGS after moving from OG PSO2?

That happens if you try to transfer to a full block or a block that became full when you transfered to it, which can sometimes happen randomly when going from Classic to NGS.

the_importer_
Nov 8, 2021, 09:58 AM
That happens if you try to transfer to a full block or a block that became full when you transfered to it, which can sometimes happen randomly when going from Classing to NGS.

I see, so it's just bad timing.

Zulastar
Nov 9, 2021, 10:49 AM
I see, so it's just bad timing.

Moreover if you're lucky enough at the start of UQ after countdown, right before teleportation nothing happen and you get a message like "you can't join the party because it's status changed". It's a similar bug. You can't open UQ joining menu after that and only relogin will help.

Gourd
Dec 15, 2021, 02:50 PM
Is translation broken for anyone else? I can't get mine to update. It was working this weekend.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 15, 2021, 05:42 PM
There are supposed to be new chat log options? I can't find them.

quickasker
Dec 17, 2021, 06:47 AM
https://www.bumped.org/phantasy/pso2-new-genesis-patch-notes-12-15-2021/
Patch Note:

Mag:

- Added Sonar Support Settings

can't find it, where is it?

Apostosis
Dec 17, 2021, 02:16 PM
https://www.bumped.org/phantasy/pso2-new-genesis-patch-notes-12-15-2021/
Patch Note:

Mag:

- Added Sonar Support Settings

can't find it, where is it?

Is under equipment > Mag > radar. Or something like that, if I remember correctly

quickasker
Dec 18, 2021, 09:23 PM
Is under equipment > Mag > radar. Or something like that, if I remember correctly

found it, apparently my translation patch is broken so the button has no label (have to turn off patch first). but apparently latest tweaker update fixed that

AdmiralPit
Dec 19, 2021, 12:59 AM
I actually do have something that's been bugging me. The Relik weapons... You can find em in Alnothe too, right? Even if it's just a slim chance, I'd rather be farming there than the Lower Level area given how more compact it is.

Also would like to see its color variant too if one's been spotted (Prefer to see a Rod, Talis or Wand, as a Te/Fo main, but optional). Appreciated in advance.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 19, 2021, 02:35 AM
I actually do have something that's been bugging me. The Relik weapons... You can find em in Alnothe too, right? Even if it's just a slim chance, I'd rather be farming there than the Lower Level area given how more compact it is.

Also would like to see its color variant too if one's been spotted (Prefer to see a Rod, Talis or Wand, as a Te/Fo main, but optional). Appreciated in advance.

oh i thought Global was meme'ing when I saw someone call them "Reliks" but holy crap man is the global translation team dumb sometimes. idk how they didnt just put "Relics" like normal because these weapons are from older games, hense Relic.

they drop from Lv30+ sources only, how detailed each Relic drops is something we're all still trying to figure out. VERY VERY low drop rates on them, farm whatever you're going for, just make sure its Lv30+, do the EQs as well too

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 19, 2021, 10:36 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/vXhyejp.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Should I?

AdmiralPit
Dec 19, 2021, 10:51 PM

Should I?

Yikes, that expensive!? It was 60mil back at global ship 2 when I saw, but besides the point. So most of me says no, to save your Meseta for we might get easier chances to get one of these later on, but seems you got a ton of Meseta, so...

I guess if you wanna kill things faster or just want to have the thing, then go for it, but I still am on the side of saving meseta for now, and at the very least, wait to see what the Xmas event on the 22nd has to offer.

エリュシオン
Dec 20, 2021, 04:22 AM

Should I?

Probably recover the meseta in a day or something so, why not.

Kondibon
Dec 20, 2021, 06:07 AM

Should I?Having seen its potential, that doesn't seem worth it at all.

Zulastar
Dec 20, 2021, 08:56 AM
Having seen its potential, that doesn't seem worth it at all.

Why ranged Relics have so low potiency percentage? Only 18% compared to 27% of Melee/Tech is kind of meh.

Kondibon
Dec 20, 2021, 10:36 AM
Why ranged Relics have so low potiency percentage? Only 18% compared to 27% of Melee/Tech is kind of meh.Because they increase your crit rate massively. The base crit damage multiplier is 20%.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 20, 2021, 04:14 PM
The only rod on store dropped to 80m overnight, good thing I didn't buy it.

I'll save my meseta, but the potential is actually fine(?) it's 3% more than the Greaga Rod with 10% PP save.

Edit: Also, if you were crazy enough to multiweapon Relik right now, you could go mechgun/rod or some other wierd combination to get a wierd potential.

Kondibon
Dec 20, 2021, 05:09 PM
I don't think the potential is bad, I actually think it's pretty good, just not so good as to be worth spending that much on. To be honest, I don't think any weapon is worth spending that much on. The prices are only so high because of the lack of supply, combined with the high demand. It's probably going to drop significantly.

ralf542
Dec 21, 2021, 01:49 AM
Is there way to change back the tongue how it was before? Tongue was resting on the lips before and you could see the lips below it, now its inside the lips and looks like crap.

https://i.imgur.com/dTPL21L.jpg

the_importer_
Dec 21, 2021, 03:08 PM
I entered the meeting room which triggered the cutscene and quit the game in order to wait for the translation, but now I can't get in the game anymore, the game will always load from there. I don't want to skip this nor do I want to look on YouTube, any news on English story translation for JPN NGS?

Zulastar
Dec 21, 2021, 08:19 PM
I entered the meeting room which triggered the cutscene and quit the game in order to wait for the translation, but now I can't get in the game anymore, the game will always load from there. I don't want to skip this nor do I want to look on YouTube, any news on English story translation for JPN NGS?

Did you try: "Tweaker Settings" -> "Reset FanPatch Version" button?

the_importer_
Dec 22, 2021, 09:14 PM
Did you try: "Tweaker Settings" -> "Reset FanPatch Version" button?

Tried it, didn't change anything, guess they didn't translate it yet.

TurboMan
Dec 27, 2021, 09:33 PM
Ok...
How on Earth are people even hitting 35? Clearly there's something I'm missing. Don't tell me they just kill enemies for hours because the dailies give fuck all. Or are they just running the raid and nothing else? I'm level 28 and stuck at the next BP prerequisite.

All of my equipment is 4 star or higher, max grind with their max amount of abilities.
I've done the whopping SIX cocoons (it was a lot of work believe me, I had to ice my wrists after the 20 minutes it all took).
And there's no more side quests because that's just...a theme with this game. :l

ArcaneTechs
Dec 27, 2021, 11:05 PM
Ok...
How on Earth are people even hitting 35? Clearly there's something I'm missing. Don't tell me they just kill enemies for hours because the dailies give fuck all. Or are they just running the raid and nothing else? I'm level 28 and stuck at the next BP prerequisite.

All of my equipment is 4 star or higher, max grind with their max amount of abilities.
I've done the whopping SIX cocoons (it was a lot of work believe me, I had to ice my wrists after the 20 minutes it all took).
And there's no more side quests because that's just...a theme with this game. :l

-Do all Cocoons and the Tower
-USE those extra SP's on your class main/sub trees so it bumps up the BP
-Gear yourself, buy 5* weapons, +40/Pot Lv3 or 4/Affixes. I assume your units are affixed properly.
-Do Yellow Triggers until Lv30 (this can get expensive, incredibly boring and for sure repetitive. Recommend joining trigger trains)
-When Lv30, go grind exp at one of the 2 areas in Retem @ Rank 2 (Rank 1 exp is absolute garbage)
-LITERALLY do all your tasks that give 100k exp each
-EQs if you meet the BP reqs

thats honestly really it

AzureBlaze
Dec 30, 2021, 02:12 AM
A very quick question:

Can the level 64 malevolent daityl Axe be plinked to death if there were enough people anklebiting*?
Does he have a drop table or would the game just break if he actually died?
Do you think he's a genuine mistake that they don't know about, or do they let him come because it doesn't matter?

*anklebiting = doing 1 hp of damg until something dies....unless there's a hidden limiter on it that makes it such that things being killed 1 hp at a time can't ever die even after hours of shooting/all the natural hp would be gone.

SoulSighTy
Dec 30, 2021, 04:13 AM
A very quick question:

Can the level 64 malevolent daityl Axe be plinked to death if there were enough people anklebiting*?

https://youtu.be/-80SS_zS2e4

Kondibon
Dec 30, 2021, 05:23 PM
For what it's worth, you get no drops from if you don't meet the level or BP requirements for enemies, and before that change it was simply impossible because it would leave as soon as the storm ended.
I'm 100% sure the devs know about it, everyone had been talking about it since gigantix came out. They even hinted before the game released that even though lake halphia would very rarely have very strong enemies in it, which was probably about the daityl, even though it got added later. If they wanted it to be a normal gigantix they expected people to fight, they easily could have given the zone a more accessible level than 60.

ForgottenStarlight
Feb 14, 2022, 12:55 PM
I’m new to PSO2 so I’m sure this is a stupid question, but here goes. What does the “Leader” mean in the bottom left hand corner near my Character name and level mean?

Kondibon
Feb 14, 2022, 05:41 PM
I’m new to PSO2 so I’m sure this is a stupid question, but here goes. What does the “Leader” mean in the bottom left hand corner near my Character name and level mean?

It means you're the party leader. If you're solo you're the leader by default.

ForgottenStarlight
Feb 14, 2022, 06:22 PM
It means you're the party leader. If you're solo you're the leader by default.

Thanks much! That makes total sense. I appreciate it.

quickasker
Feb 17, 2022, 12:57 AM
how does damage reduction work?
There's also damage resistance from affixes and Unit's innate damage resist (below DFP number), I wonder if they also work just like the one from affixes as multiplier or something. if anyone got reference / link in swiki please share it, as i can't find anything yet

I wanted to know if damage reduction are somewhat worth it, unlike in old pso2 which only stacking +dmg +hp or +dmg +pp
(i noticed that pp affix gives less power level though)

Kondibon
Feb 17, 2022, 11:12 AM
how does damage reduction work?
There's also damage resistance from affixes and Unit's innate damage resist (below DFP number), I wonder if they also work just like the one from affixes as multiplier or something. if anyone got reference / link in swiki please share it, as i can't find anything yet

I wanted to know if damage reduction are somewhat worth it, unlike in old pso2 which only stacking +dmg +hp or +dmg +pp
(i noticed that pp affix gives less power level though)The amounts of damage reduction we're getting per source aren't really worth focusing on with gear, since as far as I know they work like they did in classic, That being that they're multiplicative decreases to your damage taken, not a multipalicative damage resistance increase. So a 1% DR is multipling the damage you're taking by 0.99, and two would 0.99*0.99, which is like 98.01, the different isn't that big anyway, but there aren't damage resistance numbers that are big enough to make it worth focusing on over hp unless enemies start doing more than 500 or 1000 damage, but lol no one can survive 1000 damage without decking out with defensive stats anyway,

classicburger
Feb 19, 2022, 11:31 AM
Recent damage reduction fixes article here https://pso2.jp/players/support/bugfixes/i_measures_20220120_1/

I think it says it’s less efficient stacking multiple damage reduction affixes as they are calculated as multiplicative? A good defensive setup I am using is 600hp units and a quintel weapon with it’s 50% damage resist barriers, can survive most one hits in latest purple trigger

Dark Mits
Feb 21, 2022, 03:25 AM
Damage Reduction is not worth it for lots of reasons, and not only due to its multiplicative nature:

1. Assuming a character with 500 MaxHP, an affix of 2% damage reduction (Guard III) is similar to adding 10 MaxHP (10.101010... but you get the idea), which is Stamina II. For 600 MaxHP, a 2% damage reduction is similar to 12.121212... MaxHP increase.

2. Increasing maxHP instead of damage reduction also increases the restoration of effect of Resta Sign, which helps everyone nearby (miniscule, but measureable)

3. Everything is absolutely avoidable. Sure, the amount of players who can perform perfect plays and complete entire EQs without getting hit even once is 1 in 100000, but increasing one's survivability over attack power is in the vast majority of cases negatively effecting their efficiency. Now if standing still and absorbing hits allowed a player to dish out more damage than when avoiding, then we would have a leg to stand on.

4. (somewhat tied to 3. but not exactly the same argument) The game is designed so that if something is supposed to be always avoided, then it deals enough damage so that it instantly kills even the absolute beefiest equipment+ability combinations we can think of. If something is not supposed to be always avoided, then it is almost as if it didn't hit at all. Resta signs are so plentiful and they also do not prohibit attack actions from taking place while using them. Sega has replaced the mechanic of "if you get hit you have to spend time recovering HP" with "if you get hit, you get knocked down or flinch".
4b. If you see people dying, it's not because they did not have enough HP or damage reduction; it's because they neglected using a Resta sign when they got hit, or they simply did not avoid anything and run out of Resta signs.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 21, 2022, 03:30 AM
3. Everything is absolutely avoidable. Sure, the amount of players who can perform perfect plays and complete entire EQs without getting hit even once is 1 in 100000, but increasing one's survivability over attack power is in the vast majority of cases negatively effecting their efficiency. Now if standing still and absorbing hits allowed a player to dish out more damage than when avoiding, then we would have a leg to stand on.

4. (somewhat tied to 3. but not exactly the same argument) The game is designed so that if something is supposed to be always avoided, then it deals enough damage so that it instantly kills even the absolute beefiest equipment+ability combinations we can think of. If something is not supposed to be always avoided, then it is almost as if it didn't hit at all. Resta signs are so plentiful and they also do not prohibit attack actions from taking place while using them. Sega has replaced the mechanic of "if you get hit you have to spend time recovering HP" with "if you get hit, you get knocked down or flinch".
4b. If you see people dying, it's not because they did not have enough HP or damage reduction; it's because they neglected using a Resta sign when they got hit, or they simply did not avoid anything and run out of Resta signs.

this doesnt apply to me but if you're bored enough I'd like you to put an argument for Gigantix because I guarantee you this is going to be the main source at why someone would reply back for why they chose to do Dmg Reduction fixas over HP, choice in specific units, choice in affixes etc.

classicburger
Feb 22, 2022, 02:12 AM
Damage Reduction is not worth it for lots of reasons, and not only due to its multiplicative nature:

Yes damage reduction is not worth it but it is a lot cheaper than the hp options, I got the add guards capsules instead for new units cause half price.. lol

So now I’ve been using full +50 シュヴァル set with no fixas and quintel boots with fixa atk 3 on my Bo.Fi, stats are 570hp 136pp and 11.4% power on every equipment. With シャッキx10 food in aelio purple (no techter), I survived dragons flaming super jump with 36hp left at the price of getting lol’d at by my party for surviving that attack..^^;

silo1991
Feb 27, 2022, 05:59 PM
what is the potential of the cirquem weapons ? got 5 weapons in this week :P

the armors of Aelio rank 3 : does those have a big difference compared to rank 2 .
for example : Viert armor Alga vs Viphs armor Alga

quickasker
Feb 28, 2022, 05:32 AM
thanks for responses, oh well the dmg reduction part are just kind of bonus I guess, since it's cheaper(the main reason I bought the capsules). good to know if it's multiplicative
--

what is the potential of the cirquem weapons ? got 5 weapons in this week :P
(...)

personally i think cirquem isn't worth it from someone who plays only about 1 hour per day

Lv1: +18% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)
Lv2: +20% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)
Lv3: +22% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)
Lv4: +26% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)

Lv1 need 150 photon scale
Lv2 need 200 photon scale
Lv3 need 300 photon scale
Lv4 need 600 photon scale, so that's 1250 total

you may substitute using N-潜在能力解放代用材/Lv.1/2/3 (total cost like 7~8 mil in ship 9, not sure on other ship), but then you still need 600 photon scales to unlock the last level

silo1991
Mar 1, 2022, 06:35 PM
thanks for responses, oh well the dmg reduction part are just kind of bonus I guess, since it's cheaper(the main reason I bought the capsules). good to know if it's multiplicative
--

personally i think cirquem isn't worth it from someone who plays only about 1 hour per day

Lv1: +18% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)
Lv2: +20% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)
Lv3: +22% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)
Lv4: +26% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)

Lv1 need 150 photon scale
Lv2 need 200 photon scale
Lv3 need 300 photon scale
Lv4 need 600 photon scale, so that's 1250 total

you may substitute using N-潜在能力解放代用材/Lv.1/2/3 (total cost like 7~8 mil in ship 9, not sure on other ship), but then you still need 600 photon scales to unlock the last level

i think for a talis might be worth , thanks for the answer

quickasker
Mar 3, 2022, 03:35 AM
has anyone unlocked the new shop title for the additional window menu?

https://i.ibb.co/YNXWqMX/1.png

300 hours and 10 mil meseta are easy to understand.

but the 2nd part, Buy from my shop 500+ times, does this count per transaction or based on item total?

If it's based on item count probably just buying n-grinder are easier..
or buy n-grinder for 500 times (duh)

AdmiralPit
Mar 3, 2022, 10:10 AM
has anyone unlocked the new shop title for the additional window menu?

https://i.ibb.co/YNXWqMX/1.png

300 hours and 10 mil meseta are easy to understand.

but the 2nd part, Buy from my shop 500+ times, does this count per transaction or based on item total?

If it's based on item count probably just buying n-grinder are easier..
or buy n-grinder for 500 times (duh)

I can confirm that it's 500 separate transactions. Take example, buying a stack of an augment capsule counts as 1, while buying 3 of them, one at a time, counts as 3. Buying different items at the same time will still count as just 1 also. It's tedious, but that's how it works.

quickasker
Mar 4, 2022, 12:27 AM
I can confirm that it's 500 separate transactions. Take example, buying a stack of an augment capsule counts as 1, while buying 3 of them, one at a time, counts as 3. Buying different items at the same time will still count as just 1 also. It's tedious, but that's how it works.

you're right.. and apparently the shop owner has to get earlier title first to unlock the shop advertisement

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.ibb.co/pfpPky0/just.png

https://i.ibb.co/0qM5SVs/image.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

oh well.. sega..

unicorn
Mar 25, 2022, 08:44 AM
Where is a good area to level up after lvl 25? I was using Retem Alnothe but now the enemies are giving low exp.

Tymek
Mar 25, 2022, 12:25 PM
Where is a good area to level up after lvl 25? I was using Retem Alnothe but now the enemies are giving low exp.

Retem Yellow until you can access Rank 2

EspeonageTieler
Mar 29, 2022, 08:30 PM
Doea anyone have a good ngs template for matoi? I wanna finally update mine bit I am so bad at using the character creator from scratch. Lmao

Sesheenku
Aug 24, 2022, 04:32 PM
I've just come back basically after leaving PSO2 before Ep 6, having some level 80's, being pissed about the IP ban, and now am using the proxy.

How does one purchase AC now with a foreign debit card? I imagine PSO2es is no longer relevant?

Oh yeah, and how's the English speaking player base on Ship 2 on the JP server these days?

ArcaneTechs
Aug 24, 2022, 06:33 PM
I've just come back basically after leaving PSO2 before Ep 6, having some level 80's, being pissed about the IP ban, and now am using the proxy.

How does one purchase AC now with a foreign debit card? I imagine PSO2es is no longer relevant?

Oh yeah, and how's the English speaking player base on Ship 2 on the JP server these days?

Google made a change (idk why) recently and nobody around the world who was playing foreign Gacha games or games in general can no longer use their card through Google Pay. So I think the other alternatives is to go back to marked up WebMoney cards or if your bank supports foreign transactions to purchase AC straight from PSO2's official site itself. unless you can manage to get a JP bank card somehow. Nobody knows if Google will reverse this card paying block anytime soon but everywhere who played games outside NGS is pretty upset about it (Sega has nothing to do with card blocks)

Ship 2 eng community is just fine, nothing really significantly different than probably what you remember. I wouldnt say player count matter since well, thats Sega fault and its a thing on Global too

Sesheenku
Aug 25, 2022, 05:35 AM
Well I CAN make foreign purchases but usually my card flags me once and I just have to make the purchase again, does that work?

ArcaneTechs
Aug 25, 2022, 08:43 PM
Well I CAN make foreign purchases but usually my card flags me once and I just have to make the purchase again, does that work?

I'd assume so, I'm not entirely sure but you should probably call your bank and let them know its you buying from Japan in case they lock your card or hold payments.

I havent bought AC since the block and I havent checked to see if my card is good to go, my alternative was to use a JP google play account/VPN when i decide to do so

Sesheenku
Sep 7, 2022, 05:24 PM
Is this game dead already?

Yesterday I was hanging in Retem and a concert occurred and not a single person was there. It's just awful when you compare PSO2 concerts and how those were always full on the JP server...

I tried to get peeps to yellow trigger with me in Aelio in the PSO2 discord but they're just yelling about anime and EQs and totally ignore me.

I want to play more of this but it really feels soulless without an active team and I don't have friends that want to play this with me.

Is everyone just hanging in Kvaris? Cause that would mean it's the same problem as PSO2 again where nobody does early game content anymore and late comers just have to grind quietly and alone.

Finally, I was told to multi-weapon daggers and double saber but they don't really feel complimentary? I lose whirlwind if I dagger too much which is devastating since I need to keep it up for DA. (I hate how this isn't a PA anymore) I feel no reason to use daggers as a multi-wep I feel they'd be better on their own, but in that case what do I put on DS?

Anduril
Sep 7, 2022, 06:05 PM
Yesterday I was hanging in Retem and a concert occurred and not a single person was there. It's just awful when you compare PSO2 concerts and how those were always full on the JP server...
Is everyone just hanging in Kvaris? Cause that would mean it's the same problem as PSO2 again where nobody does early game content anymore and late comers just have to grind quietly and alone.

To address these two things at once:

You can get the concert boost even if you are in Central City or the Kvaris Camp (as long as you are actually in the city/camp and not in the Salon when the concert ends), so most people who care about the boost tend to be in Kvaris Camp when the concert is going on (or just about to end).