PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis - Character Creation Demo/Benchmark

Maulcun
Apr 22, 2021, 08:07 AM
A new character creation demo will be released for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis.The character creation demo will be available for PC users and can be downloaded late May.

This demo will be available for japanese version and the global version at the same time.

You'll be able to watch the opening cutscene with your character replacing Ash. As with any benchmark, is to make sure your PC is capable of running the game and to figure out what kind of performance you can expect.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzlBsw3VgAMhM9O?format=jpg&name=large

Update - May 25
Character Creation Demo - Download Link (JP Version)
https://new-gen.pso2.jp/benchmark/download/

Character Creation Demo - Download Link (NA Version)
https://pso2.com/media/benchmark/download

GHNeko
Apr 22, 2021, 07:46 PM
Win 8.1? Based Sega LMAO.

Tymek
Apr 23, 2021, 02:41 AM
Win 8.1? Based Sega LMAO.

Watch the Global Character Creation Benchmark not support it, lol.

Ezodagrom
Apr 23, 2021, 05:06 AM
Watch the Global Character Creation Benchmark not support it, lol.
The Steam version of PSO2 does still run on Win7 and 8, it's just not listed in the requirements.

When it comes to the character creation benchmark, it all depends on where they'll distribute it. If they distribute it only through the Win10 store (oof), then it'll run only on Win10, but if they distribute it anywhere else, it'll run on the same systems as the JP version.

Maulcun
May 25, 2021, 08:32 AM
Updated post

sol_trigger
May 25, 2021, 10:08 AM
got 24 fps
amazing optimization

mother clusterfck
May 25, 2021, 01:00 PM
The Steam version of PSO2 does still run on Win7 and 8, it's just not listed in the requirements.

When it comes to the character creation benchmark, it all depends on where they'll distribute it. If they distribute it only through the Win10 store (oof), then it'll run only on Win10, but if they distribute it anywhere else, it'll run on the same systems as the JP version.
I do hope NGS runs under Win 7 cause I will not update to the trash that is win 8 nor to the annoying crap that is win 10. I bever got win 10 because everyone I know has a number of issues with it I simply never have with win 7.

Kinda hoping win 11 is not going to try to force you to do everything online so you cannot even administrate your own pc but must ask Microsoft to do it and see them fail. I tried changing some account stuff for my parents' pcs in win 10, after following detailed guides and stuff and the website telling me everything is the way I wanted it, nothing had changed on the actual pcs of my parents, just on the website it pretended the change had been done.

Strages
May 25, 2021, 02:04 PM
8.1 is still "officially supported", therefore software companies will also "officially support" it. This isn't particularly strange.

The benchmark ran fine here. Some people need to take a closer look at their settings. I have a PC which is basically low-end by now, but the benchmark recommended Q5, which I'm probably not using anyway.

Touka
May 25, 2021, 04:09 PM
Frame rate tanks HARD when the dolls land on the ground,riperooni.

Kintama
May 25, 2021, 05:25 PM
Note: you can already save and use custom face expressions from benchmark to base pso2:
1) Copy and load your pso2 char data from pso2 folder to benchmark folder
2) Save your changes on ngs salon to a file, copy that file from yhe ngs salon folder to pso2, load that file in pso2
3) Enjoy https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/744314825269837885/846773557781331993/unknown.png

sol_trigger
May 25, 2021, 08:02 PM
I do hope NGS runs under Win 7 cause I will not update to the trash that is win 8 nor to the annoying crap that is win 10. I bever got win 10 because everyone I know has a number of issues with it I simply never have with win 7.

Kinda hoping win 11 is not going to try to force you to do everything online so you cannot even administrate your own pc but must ask Microsoft to do it and see them fail. I tried changing some account stuff for my parents' pcs in win 10, after following detailed guides and stuff and the website telling me everything is the way I wanted it, nothing had changed on the actual pcs of my parents, just on the website it pretended the change had been done.

lmao you sound like those anti vaxers
been using windows 10 from the fall creator, got no problems, you just don't know how to use the thing properly

win 10 > win 7

silo1991
May 25, 2021, 09:20 PM
with this test thing i wonder if we will get a free char slot on launch :P

Karen Erra
May 26, 2021, 04:00 AM

Happy waiting then, buddy. There is likely not going to be a Windows 11 anytime in the close future. Probably not even another Windows at all for a long time, since Microsoft is patching Windows 10 up twice a year with new features along the many security updates it gets on a monthly basis. I simply can't understand how people rather use an outdated system that a) does not get any patches anymore and thereforce is huge security risk b) falls out of favor of many software companies, and manufacturers for drivers and lastly c) that is not even supported anymore on new hardware. Hopefully your PC will never break and you will be forced to switch over to a new CPU/Mainboard, or you will beheavily disappointed.
I don't like Microsofts online bullshit either - but it's easy - JUST. DON'T. MAKE. A. MICROSOFT. ACCOUNT. When you set up Windows 10 just disconnect internet and that's it. Make your local user account and be happy.
Do some privacy settings here and there if you're really afraid of Microsoft phoning home and it's all fine and dandy.

Back to the thread though... Seems I should probably update my computer sooner or later. Got a measly 6800ish score on Ultra Settings, kinda sad :/ I already noticed some stuttering during the Beta, the benchmark makes it clear though. Seems my olden Core i7-3770K finally needs to grab some rest on the scrapyard.

rashoood
May 26, 2021, 01:09 PM
I have 9700k and a 3080 and I did see some really noticeable drops in frame rate on ultra settings... man I hope they optimize it better

chrrox
May 28, 2021, 06:31 AM
Any word on decrypting the new files?

Taters
Jun 1, 2021, 03:48 AM
Hey guys, anyone willing to post their specs and benchmark/beta test results would help. Especially from anyone with 3060 / 3060Ti / 3070.

I was hoping to get a good new PC by now that would be able to run the game over 60 FPS on maxed out settings, but because of the GPU prices just getting worse (I had no idea until a few months ago), my plans fell through and I'll be stuck on my poor GTX 650 for some months. At lowest possible settings and resolution, I get a whopping score of... 4914. The trials were nearly unplayable in the beta test but I forgot to lower resolution so I'm hoping to at least get carried through them.

rashoood
Jun 1, 2021, 06:01 AM
Hey guys, anyone willing to post their specs and benchmark/beta test results would help. Especially from anyone with 3060 / 3060Ti / 3070.

I was hoping to get a good new PC by now that would be able to run the game over 60 FPS on maxed out settings, but because of the GPU prices just getting worse (I had no idea until a few months ago), my plans fell through and I'll be stuck on my poor GTX 650 for some months. At lowest possible settings and resolution, I get a whopping score of... 4914. The trials were nearly unplayable in the beta test but I forgot to lower resolution so I'm hoping to at least get carried through them.42475

this is on ultra settings. (sorry for the pic quality)

halohalo
Jun 1, 2021, 12:32 PM
Any word on decrypting the new files?

SEGA created a base character with incomplete N- Holy Phantasm basewear and NGS hairstyle in PSO2, and you can modify color in character creation demo.

halohalo
Jun 1, 2021, 01:07 PM

If you want to get average 60 FPS, you need to get a score over 6000. So I think 3060 is fast enough at 1080p.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 1, 2021, 02:08 PM

I was hoping to get a good new PC by now that would be able to run the game over 60 FPS on maxed out settings, but because of the GPU prices just getting worse (I had no idea until a few months ago), my plans fell through and I'll be stuck on my poor GTX 650 for some months. At lowest possible settings and resolution, I get a whopping score of... 4914. The trials were nearly unplayable in the beta test but I forgot to lower resolution so I'm hoping to at least get carried through them.

I'd argue anyone doing PC upgrades should have done this when NGS was announced given the current GPU scalping we all know about. You could just suck it up for a couple of months until you get the GPU you want or buy a lesser card of sorts either new but kind of over priced or get one 2nd hand but you never know it that was used for mining or not

Anduril
Jun 1, 2021, 02:16 PM
I'd argue anyone doing PC upgrades should have done this when NGS was announced given the current GPU scalping we all know about. You could just suck it up for a couple of months until you get the GPU you want or buy a lesser card of sorts either new but kind of over priced or get one 2nd hand but you never know it that was used for mining or not

In my case, I am in just general need of an upgrade, particularly to my CPU. I'm just going to stick my current GPU into the new build, and pray for lower prices and to RNGesus for luck in the Shuffle for at least a 3060.

(I'm probably going to clean up my current PC, get a new cooler, buy a GT 1030, and set it up as a media server.)