PDA

View Full Version : Question : Does PSO Genesis separate into ship-like server again or not?

Arika
May 30, 2021, 12:31 AM
I would like to know whether this game will separate like a easy to move around small server like PSU or it will be a big ship-like server in PSO2?

And do PSO-world people here has any common server that majority will choose yet?

Always like the English community here! =)

Karen Erra
May 30, 2021, 04:11 AM
Since PSO2 and NGS will share their basics and given what we saw on the Beta, I think it's safe to assume that they keep it like PSO2 and I can only assume they will keep it
"hard" to move around ships through their 700 AC paywall, as PSO2 did too. Since NGS is not a completely new game with these basic mechanics and we will keep all
our characters from PSO2 as well, I believe there will be no major changes in that ship-system.
If you are playing JP NGS, then probably most people from here / english community might still be on Ship 2. For Global NGS, I got no clue, I haven't played enough
Global PSO2 to be able to say anything about the ships there.

Arika
Jun 2, 2021, 09:44 AM
Since PSO2 and NGS will share their basics and given what we saw on the Beta, I think it's safe to assume that they keep it like PSO2 and I can only assume they will keep it
"hard" to move around ships through their 700 AC paywall, as PSO2 did too. Since NGS is not a completely new game with these basic mechanics and we will keep all
our characters from PSO2 as well, I believe there will be no major changes in that ship-system.
If you are playing JP NGS, then probably most people from here / english community might still be on Ship 2. For Global NGS, I got no clue, I haven't played enough
Global PSO2 to be able to say anything about the ships there.

Thank, so there is no any server gathering in Global side then, and JP stays on ship-2 which is where I was. (It has no English option right?)

Mind if I ask some more?

There is no way to transfer my JP Character over to Global PSO2?
Which mean all of my fashions from JP will be all gone then if I want to play in fully English server.

Another question, Does player from PS4 and PC have their way to cross over also? payment is fine. Some of my friend prefer to start in PS4, whereas I want to try Genesis on my PC.

Ezodagrom
Jun 2, 2021, 10:05 AM
Thank, so there is no any server gathering in Global side then, and JP stays on ship-2 which is where I was. (It has no English option right?)

Mind if I ask some more?

There is no way to transfer my JP Character over to Global PSO2?
Which mean all of my fashions from JP will be all gone then if I want to play in fully English server.

Another question, Does player from PS4 and PC have their way to cross over also? payment is fine. Some of my friend prefer to start in PS4, whereas I want to try Genesis on my PC.
There's no way to transfer anything you obtained from JP to EN, they're completely separate servers. There's cosmetics that never even released in the EN version (mostly collaborations related), so importing outfits from JP would be impossible.

Also the EN version is only available for PC and XBox One, there's no EN PS4 version at the moment.

Arika
Jun 2, 2021, 10:12 AM
Sorry if I had many questions, I just trying to get the information to select where should I restart at:

-Is JP server of PSO Genesis still not have language option and must rely on Tweaker for English? (since both server will launch around the same time)
-What is the different between PC Window-10 and Steam version of the game? Is any version better or more flexible setting?
-PSO Genesis also not plan to have Playstation-4-5 version too right?

Anduril
Jun 2, 2021, 10:52 AM
Sorry if I had many questions, I just trying to get the information to select where should I restart at:

-Is JP server of PSO Genesis still not have language option and must rely on Tweaker for English? (since both server will launch around the same time)
-What is the different between PC Window-10 and Steam version of the game? Is any version better or more flexible setting?
-PSO Genesis also not plan to have Playstation-4-5 version too right?

- As far as we know, the JP server will not have any official language options aside from Japanese, and thus English-speaking players will still need to rely on the Tweaker.
- There is really no difference, except I think that the Windows Store version is still connected to XBox LIVE's friend system (though it has been a while since I logged in on that version).
- For Global, there is no current news of a PlayStation version.

Arika
Jun 2, 2021, 11:41 AM
If I want to start global account. Can I used my old SEGA account from PSU? or need to make a new one?

Ezodagrom
Jun 2, 2021, 11:54 AM
There's no major differences between the games themselves, but the Windows 10 Store platform itself is problematic to say the least and also restrictive (you can't access the game's files easily).

If I want to start global account. Can I used my old SEGA account from PSU? or need to make a new one?
It uses whatever account of the platform where you play, the old SEGA accounts from PSU don't exist anymore.
Windows 10 store and XBox One use XBox Live accounts, Steam uses Steam accounts and Epic store uses Epic accounts.

Arika
Jun 2, 2021, 11:44 PM
There's no major differences between the games themselves, but the Windows 10 Store platform itself is problematic to say the least and also restrictive (you can't access the game's files easily).

Thank, that is important information, since I thought that window-10 would be the easiest to access for file and stuffs, since the old JP PSO2 tweaker only work on PC client version
, so in this case, Stream would be better option then? Which choice do you think is the best?

Also, should I begin in PSO2 then transfer my character there for any kind of bonus? or better just launch in Genesis right away?

Ezodagrom
Jun 3, 2021, 08:13 AM
Thank, that is important information, since I thought that window-10 would be the easiest to access for file and stuffs, since the old JP PSO2 tweaker only work on PC client version
, so in this case, Stream would be better option then? Which choice do you think is the best?

Also, should I begin in PSO2 then transfer my character there for any kind of bonus? or better just launch in Genesis right away?
Steam version is indeed better than the MS Store version.

I don't think there's any bonus from transfering a character from PSO2 to NGS, or at least I don't think any bonus has been announced yet.

sol_trigger
Jun 3, 2021, 10:16 AM
i thought if you transfer character you keep ticket and outfit ?

Ezodagrom
Jun 3, 2021, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I only meant that I don't think there's any extra rewards from transfering to NGS.

Also NGS releases in just a few days, there's not much time for a new player to get cosmetics in the current PSO2 anyway, plus some of the cosmetics only work in the old body/face models (outfits, body paints, makeups, eyes).

Anduril
Jun 3, 2021, 11:19 AM

That's a normal function of being able to log-ion to both games with the same character, so not a "bonus."

I doubt there will be any bonus for "transferring" since technically you aren't really transferring your character from PSO2classic to NGS, they just share the same characters to begin with. There might just be a 1st time log-in campaign, but it would be unlikely for it to be restricted to using a previously created character.

It would be nice if they gave us a fourth free character so people who have used up their three free characters get the opportunity to use the creator from scratch without having to spend AC; though I imagine that, at most, they are just going to give a Free Salon Pass.

sol_trigger
Jun 3, 2021, 11:24 AM
and now i remember i had 3 characters in pso2, i guess that means no new character for me, i don't mind playing the old characters but i want to try the new character body types etc

also if i create a new character they won't inherit existed ticket from the others ?

Anduril
Jun 3, 2021, 11:36 AM
and now i remember i had 3 characters in pso2, i guess that means no new character for me, i don't mind playing the old characters but i want to try the new character body types etc

also if i create a new character they won't inherit existed ticket from the others ?

If you have Salon Passes (or 100SG per character), you can freely modify your existing characters using the new salon options; even if you don't, you can still use the new body types, they will just have weird proportions.

If you used two of a ticket, then even new characters will have those cosmetic options since doing so makes them account-bound instead of character-bound, though like with PSO2classic, you probably won't see those cosmetics when you first create the character, and instead will have to go to the salon to use them.

Kondibon
Jun 3, 2021, 01:52 PM
IIRC the first jp beta (the one that used existing character data) let people edit their character when using them in NGS for the first time, so the full version will probably allow that too if you want to try out the new face and body types. Like Anduril said though, you likely won't have access to all your cosmetics until you're in the game fully.

Ezodagrom
Jun 3, 2021, 02:33 PM
If you have Salon Passes (or 100SG per character), you can freely modify your existing characters using the new salon options; even if you don't, you can still use the new body types, they will just have weird proportions.
Worth noting that there are checkboxes that can be turned off to unsync the body types. With these options turned off, it's possible to edit different body types without affecting the proportions of the original body type.

These options are only available on PSO2 JP at the moment, they're not available for the NGS benchmark, but they should be available on NGS at launch.

https://i.imgur.com/7sK7A4v.jpg

Arika
Jun 4, 2021, 06:38 AM
Alright thank everyone for answering. What ship/language do you guys are going to play on?

Ezodagrom
Jun 4, 2021, 12:33 PM
Alright thank everyone for answering. What ship/language do you guys are going to play on?
Personally I'm going to play on the EN version on ship 1, but I hear that ship 2 is more popular for JP veterans that play on the EN version.

sol_trigger
Jun 4, 2021, 06:48 PM
JP veteran = toxic guaranteed so i'm on 3

ArcaneTechs
Jun 4, 2021, 08:00 PM
JP veteran = toxic guaranteed so i'm on 3

grow up man

Arika
Jun 5, 2021, 07:59 AM
So...
Ship 1 should be the default most popular ship
Ship 2 is where the old players gather
Ship 3 is for those who avoid 1-2 I see..

Yeah, I don't think go below any number of 1-3 is good idea, since there are usually most populated ones.
and I believe that if you are in ship-1 PSO2 global now, it doesn't mean that you will enter into ship-1 Genesis too right?

Ezodagrom
Jun 5, 2021, 08:47 AM
So...
Ship 1 should be the default most popular ship
Ship 3 is for those who avoid 1-2 I see..

Yeah, I don't think go below any number of 1-3 is good idea, since there are usually most populated ones.
and I believe that if you are in ship-1 PSO2 global now, it doesn't mean that you will enter into ship-1 Genesis too right?
Ship 1 and 2 are equally popular, but yeah, ship 1 is the one where most new players tend to go to, and some veterans go there as well, while ship 2 is more popular with veterans, and new players that hear about ship 2 having more veterans go there as well.

Ship 3 was added a bit later than the other 2, since the first 2 were congested at launch, and ship 4 was added with the Steam release but it's the least popular by far.

Arika
Jun 5, 2021, 09:42 AM
Oh wait, can I still make my char in ship-2 now? So it is same ship-2 both PSO2 and Genesis? I thought Genesis server are totally separate choice from old ones. (like you are in ship-1 PSO2, but choose ship-3 Genesis)

Is the client for Genesis download-able yet? I should begin with character create and wait for server choosing.

Anduril
Jun 5, 2021, 10:47 AM
Oh wait, can I still make my char in ship-2 now? So it is same ship-2 both PSO2 and Genesis? I thought Genesis server are totally separate choice from old ones. (like you are in ship-1 PSO2, but choose ship-3 Genesis)

Is the client for Genesis download-able yet? I should begin with character create and wait for server choosing.

Same Ships and same characters, so if you make a character in Ship-02 in PSO2classic, it will be on Ship-02 in NGS.

Pre-launch Maintenance will be June 7, 2021 (Mon) 4:00 PM to June 9, 2021 (Wed) 1:00 AM (PDT), and the download for the client should happen at some point during that time.

You can use the benchmark tool to create your character, though (just remember to move the character file from the benchmark's Documents folder to the main game's): https://pso2.com/media/benchmark/manual

Arika
Jun 5, 2021, 01:27 PM
Thx, see you there!

I used to remember Techer as the worst classs ever, but they redid it and look like a good Paladin now, I like it.

Cyclon
Jun 5, 2021, 02:37 PM
Same Ships and same characters, so if you make a character in Ship-02 in PSO2classic, it will be on Ship-02 in NGS.
Oh, so most of us are stuck on ship 2? I didn't know that. Makes things simpler for the JP version I suppose.

Tymek
Jun 7, 2021, 04:28 AM
grow up man

Says the one with "Tahxic Post Star" as their forum title.

NA Ship02 does have "JP veterans" who think they know what they're doing, but actually don't, and have ended up creating a new generation of people who think they know what they're doing...yada yada, you get the drill.
They will also get mad at you if you point out what they're doing wrong. Toxic is probably not the right word for them, but they definitely see themselves in a better light based solely on having touched JP at all in the past.
I haven't had to deal with that fortunately, since I went for NA Ship01 and then never touched it again.

Back on topic: I do think it would be nice if they could develop some sort of cross-server method of playing together on the NGS side of things, like FFXIV did.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 7, 2021, 03:28 PM
Says the one with "Tahxic Post Star" as their forum title.

ya it's there because telling people to look for easily findable information is considered toxic (or simply researching in general), telling them the information is there that you aren't reading it hard enough (aka I looked but I didn't see it), not spoonfeeding everyone on sight, etc etc. It's toxic bro, if I told you to use the enemies elemental weakness you'd probably call me toxic too, just how people are.

Sol Triggers take on choosing ships is pretty stupid too, like idk why you would go out of your way to choose a different ship just because "Veterans" are going to ship 2, he'll just complain later on about Veterans are everywhere or his mpa's suck etc

Kondibon
Jun 7, 2021, 04:13 PM
ya it's there because telling people to look for easily findable information is considered toxic (or simply researching in general), telling them the information is there that you aren't reading it hard enough (aka I looked but I didn't see it), not spoonfeeding everyone on sight, etc etc. It's toxic bro, if I told you to use the enemies elemental weakness you'd probably call me toxic too, just how people are. What's the point in consolidating information then?

SuKKrl
Jun 7, 2021, 05:18 PM
Pretty interesting to see plenty of names I recognize in this post, makes me have more hopes of enjoying NG.

Worth noting that there are checkboxes that can be turned off to unsync the body types. With these options turned off, it's possible to edit different body types without affecting the proportions of the original body type.

These options are only available on PSO2 JP at the moment, they're not available for the NGS benchmark, but they should be available on NGS at launch.

https://i.imgur.com/7sK7A4v.jpg

That is actually very good to know. Was kind of wondering how not to botch the old looks when trying the new ones.

So...

Kinda. One thing I've noticed is that it is very, very hard to find names I recognize from when the global community wasn't as large, like ep1-2 or even until mid ep3. Joined ship 2 thinking I would have a good chance to find such names there as it felt kind of natural to flock there by default, but I sometimes wonder how many have avoided it due to expecting the mindset some have described here.

The feeling I got with global is that it might depend on how far back the players were from... (assuming they haven't all just quit)

Back on topic: I do think it would be nice if they could develop some sort of cross-server method of playing together on the NGS side of things, like FFXIV did.

That would be perfect, which through the years has usually meant that Sega won't do it ^^;

ArcaneTechs
Jun 7, 2021, 06:12 PM
What's the point in consolidating information then?

im just saying thats how ppl are about it

Strages
Jun 7, 2021, 09:01 PM
That would be perfect, which through the years has usually meant that Sega won't do it ^^;
This isn't really feasible. Square Enix calls all the important shots with Final Fantasy XIV, so it is actually one single game. The global version of PSO2 is a separate game (like many online games) that may not even be run by Sega directly (also like many online games). There were multiple versions of PSO2 itself in the past, as well, each run by different companies if I remember right.

SuKKrl
Jun 7, 2021, 11:40 PM
This isn't really feasible. Square Enix calls all the important shots with Final Fantasy XIV, so it is actually one single game. The global version of PSO2 is a separate game (like many online games) that may not even be run by Sega directly (also like many online games). There were multiple versions of PSO2 itself in the past, as well, each run by different companies if I remember right.

There was a SEA server run by Asiasoft.

Cross-ship play would pretty much be implemented as an update so I really don't see why it couldn't be added. At least from what I understood, that was what he was referring to, not Global playing with JP.

Ezodagrom
Jun 8, 2021, 11:18 AM
This isn't really feasible. Square Enix calls all the important shots with Final Fantasy XIV, so it is actually one single game. The global version of PSO2 is a separate game (like many online games) that may not even be run by Sega directly (also like many online games). There were multiple versions of PSO2 itself in the past, as well, each run by different companies if I remember right. FFXIV's cross-server functionality is about visiting different servers that are in the same datacenter, basically in the case of PSO2, it would be players being able to visit other ships.
Such a system would have restrictions of course (in the case of FFXIV, it's not possible to sell items in the player markets, though it's still possible to buy from the other servers player markets, it's not possible to access storage, and a few other restrictions).