PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 NGS is launching on June 9th!

Maulcun
May 31, 2021, 10:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2w_OuHVEAImvSR?format=jpg&name=900x900
JP Site- http://pso2.jp/players/news/27904/

https://cdn.pso2.com/news-ngs_startdate_20210601_1024x280_gl-86239.jpg
Na site - https://pso2.com/news/announcements/launching0601

ArcaneTechs
May 31, 2021, 10:10 PM
finally lmao

also nice

Anduril
May 31, 2021, 11:31 PM
I would assume they were cagey about it despite everything pointing to that date on the off chance that there were still some major bugs, and to avoid backlash if they had to push it back, so them actually giving the firm date makes me hopeful that we might have a smooth launch (after a 12 hour+ emergency extended maintenance).

the_importer_
May 31, 2021, 11:53 PM
Could have sworn the date was in July. Anyway, just been watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msz4CG8nKQ8&list=WL&index=2
Enemies seem to take way too much damage before dying and it almost seems impossible to solo this game unlike every other PSO game before that. It really feels more like Monster Hunter than PSO.

KaizoKage
Jun 1, 2021, 02:45 AM
Could have sworn the date was in July. Anyway, just been watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msz4CG8nKQ8&list=WL&index=2
Enemies seem to take way too much damage before dying and it almost seems impossible to solo this game unlike every other PSO game before that. It really feels more like Monster Hunter than PSO.

to be fair, we only got limited items in game yet so we sure gonna be relying on a group rather than solo in the early stages of NGS but the day will come when we can solo every shit lmao

エリュシオン
Jun 1, 2021, 03:28 AM
Anyway, just been watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msz4CG8nKQ8&list=WL&index=2 Enemies seem to take way too much damage before dying and it almost seems impossible to solo this game unlike every other PSO game before that. It really feels more like Monster Hunter than PSO.

Judging difficulty by watching footage of non-regular players to me is a huge mistake to make. Most games (especially online multiplayer ones) usually design the whole game around having other players interact/play with you, PSO is no exception. While you can do things solo, in most cases it will end up taking a lot longer. You most likely encountered this while playing non-solo or single party content on PSO2 like EQs. I am personally glad they seem to take awhile to take down especially in a group of players since that's imo what made some content on PSO2 fun and actually gave an incentive to party with people without it feeling like you could solo faster. If you want to solo then probably play when power creep catches up like what happened with PSO2.

I've seen some MH before and, I don't know where you're getting this comparison. It just looks like PSO2's evolution. Transitioning from loaded maps to actually going around exploring and experiencing the world they're trying to present. Is it the gathering? Base PSO2 had gathering but, it was so bland and empty it'd be kinda lame if they just left them like that. MH enemies have emphasis on actually trying to simulate hunting and NGS so far looks like you just run up and start attacking with no actual hunting. Is it the way the classes play? They seem just like remastered versions of their PSO2 counterpart; with the knowledge that they got from successor classes. They look like they play smoothly whereas MH looks more heavy.

If you show PSO2 to PSO vets they'd probably say PSO2 isn't PSO because of how ridiculously fast pace it is. Which I am surprised you see PSO2 as PSO. Ultimately not trying to be mean but, you can keep telling yourself it's MH. I don't see anything other than open world PSO2, even then I can think of other games it's taken ideas from but, it'd be kinda pointless since you can probably do that for a ton of other games since they can share similar aspects.

Ezodagrom
Jun 1, 2021, 03:40 AM
While I'm not sure about this and didn't try to check it myself, it seems in the beta like there was HP scaling based on the number of players on the instance? At the very least there's a video of someone soloing the urgent quest and taking around the same time as a full multiparty.

On another note, the date was never in July, we've known that the month of release was June for a while, they announced the month of release in the April broadcast, Prologue 3.

Cyclon
Jun 1, 2021, 07:39 AM
I definitely wouldn't say it resembles Monster Hunter in that regard. To me it feels more like they took the concept of free field and pushed it as far as they could. Which is unfortunate for me in particular because I stopped enjoying the zerg aspect of PSO2 pretty early and did my best to avoid it; when it comes to NGS, I couldn't really do that consistently in the beta.

Completely different subject but, has there been no word on any kind of housing system thus far? It doesn't even seem to be on the roadmap. I know they'd stopped touching up the PSO2 one a long time ago, but I still got the feeling that it was a very popular feature overall.

sol_trigger
Jun 1, 2021, 09:06 AM
so human and deuman can wear cast parts now ? i was able to put cast part on human deuman character

Kondibon
Jun 1, 2021, 09:18 AM
so human and deuman can wear cast parts now ? i was able to put cast part on human deuman character

Player race and sex has no impact on cosmetics anymore. It literally only matters for base stats in classic pso2. You could wear cast parts with newman ears, deuman horns, and heterochromia at the same time if you wanted.

The only thing you can't do is mix and match outfits and cast parts meant for different body types. You also need to go into the salon to change your body type still as far as I know as well, but it's not a premium thing to change. Most of these changes already happened in classic pso2.

sol_trigger
Jun 1, 2021, 09:20 AM
never played cast so idk
so it doesn't matter what race we play now since we can equip anything with any race ?

Kondibon
Jun 1, 2021, 09:29 AM
never played cast so idk
so it doesn't matter what race we play now since we can equip anything with any race ?Pretty much. The defaults in the character creator are mostly there to give you a starting point.

sol_trigger
Jun 1, 2021, 09:33 AM
not sure why i can't select the bottom eyebrow

https://i.postimg.cc/76gkRV1r/eye.jpg

Cyclon
Jun 1, 2021, 09:38 AM
not sure why i can't select the bottom eyebrow

https://i.postimg.cc/76gkRV1r/eye.jpg
They're for old PSO2 faces. Get used to it, this is a theme in this character creator.

Kondibon
Jun 1, 2021, 09:39 AM
You can't use old stuff with the ngs faces and vice versa, same with body paints and all that. Likewise you can't mix old layered wear and cast parts with their new counterparts.

sol_trigger
Jun 1, 2021, 09:44 AM
one more thing, if we play cast their running animation is hovering, is it possible to hover while playing other races ?

Kondibon
Jun 1, 2021, 10:04 AM
one more thing, if we play cast their running animation is hovering, is it possible to hover while playing other races ?

You can choose the hovering option with other body types, so it should work. There's no effect though so you just kinda float. Might be neat with rod and talis since their unsheathed animations involve you floating too. There's also no hovering photon sprint animation unfortunately, which means they're probably gonna throw it in a gacha. :/

Cyclon
Jun 1, 2021, 10:31 AM
You can choose the hovering option with other body types, so it should work. There's no effect though so you just kinda float. Might be neat with rod and talis since their unsheathed animations involve you floating too. There's also no hovering photon sprint animation unfortunately, which means they're probably gonna throw it in a gacha. :/

Yup.
https://i1.wp.com/www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Militant-Soldier.jpg?ssl=1

Anduril
Jun 1, 2021, 10:32 AM
There's also no hovering photon sprint animation unfortunately, which means they're probably gonna throw it in a gacha. :/

MTN: Dash - Hover is going to be a Scratch Bonus for the first AC Scratch.

Which brings me to the question, do we know if MTNs are account unlocks like Lobby Actions, or if they require 2 tickets like other aesthetic tickets?

Kondibon
Jun 1, 2021, 10:43 AM
MTN: Dash - Hover is going to be a Scratch Bonus for the first AC Scratch.

Which brings me to the question, do we know if MTNs are account unlocks like Lobby Actions, or if they require 2 tickets like other aesthetic tickets?They're probably going to be account wide like LAs. Making it a scratch bonus is even worse than I thought though. blegh.

Loveless62
Jun 1, 2021, 03:39 PM
Player race and sex has no impact on cosmetics anymore. It literally only matters for base stats in classic pso2. You could wear cast parts with newman ears, deuman horns, and heterochromia at the same time if you wanted.

The only thing you can't do is mix and match outfits and cast parts meant for different body types. You also need to go into the salon to change your body type still as far as I know as well, but it's not a premium thing to change. Most of these changes already happened in classic pso2.

Global doesn't actually have these changes in classic PSO2 yet, with NGS coming close. Isn't that amusing?

Maybe we will get it tomorrow.

Anduril
Jun 1, 2021, 03:59 PM
Global doesn't actually have these changes in classic PSO2 yet, with NGS coming close. Isn't that amusing?

Maybe we will get it tomorrow.

This close to NGS release and since Global doesn't have maintenance this week, I doubt that Global PSO2classic is going to get the Graphics Update as a standalone update, rather it will be implemented alongside NGS.

sol_trigger
Jun 1, 2021, 06:38 PM
will NG has its own economy ? like visphone shop etc.

Ezodagrom
Jun 1, 2021, 06:49 PM
will NG has its own economy ? like visphone shop etc.
Yes, and the economy on NGS will be separate from the PSO2 economy, if I'm not mistaken items obtained on PSO2 can't be sold in the NGS player shops.

sol_trigger
Jun 1, 2021, 07:09 PM
are outfits and tickets obtained from PSO2 automatically transfer to NG character ?

エリュシオン
Jun 1, 2021, 07:15 PM
are outfits and tickets obtained from PSO2 automatically transfer to NG character ?

Not sure if tickets from PSO2 show up on your item pack when switching to NGS but, anything redeemed on the character and regular outfits do show up in your item pack when transferring over to NGS; atleast that's how it was during CBT1.

sol_trigger
Jun 1, 2021, 07:31 PM
how do the outfit transfer work exactly ? if my PSO2 character is holding outfit A B C in his inventory, and there are D E F G ... outfit in the visphone storage, which one will get transfer ?

Anduril
Jun 1, 2021, 07:42 PM
how do the outfit transfer work exactly ? if my PSO2 character is holding outfit A B C in his inventory, and there are D E F G ... outfit in the visphone storage, which one will get transfer ?

Storage is shared between PSO2classic and NGS, but inventories are separate, though you can access your PSO2 classic inventory from Storage in NGS.

sol_trigger
Jun 1, 2021, 07:47 PM
what about character inventory ? i'm asking this because i have multiple characters in PSO2 and each of them are holding different outfits, do i have to run PSO2 then move those outfits to storage ? that's what i fear because i don't want to download the whole game again and that's not the worst, i was playing on the MS version so i can't even ask someone to help me because most the people play on steam client

Anduril
Jun 1, 2021, 08:23 PM
what about character inventory ? i'm asking this because i have multiple characters in PSO2 and each of them are holding different outfits, do i have to run PSO2 then move those outfits to storage ? that's what i fear because i don't want to download the whole game again and that's not the worst, i was playing on the MS version so i can't even ask someone to help me because most the people play on steam client

Within NGS each individual character's PSO2 inventory can be accessed by that character, and from there it can be put into normal shared storage.

sol_trigger
Jun 1, 2021, 08:42 PM
that's good to hear

ArcaneTechs
Jun 1, 2021, 10:22 PM
just want to point out the quick questions thread exists too
https://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?239129-Quick-Questions-Quick-Answers!

that global trailer announcer though was a nice touch

ArcaneTechs
Jun 2, 2021, 01:31 AM
Translated the rest of the skills added to the trees when the game launches, just not sure about one skill on Te

Hunter
- Flash Guard
- Slow Landing Charge (Hu)
- Wired Arts Extra
- Same Arts Skip Attack (Hu)
- Other Arts Skip Attack (Hu)
- Wired Anchored Advance
- Volg Graptor

Ranger
- Bad Condition Resist
- Bad Condition Reduce
- Slow Landing Attack (Ra)
- Slow Landing Charge (Ra)

Force
- PP Recovery Up
- Killing PP Gain
- Technic Charge PP Well Up
- Slow Landing Charge (Fo)
- Barta Blot (think il barta)
- Zonde Clad (think il barta)
- Elemental Bullet
- Rod React Advance
- Talis Bloom Rewoke

Fighter
- Defeat Advantage
- Defeat PP Recovery
- Same Arts Skip Attack (Fi)
- Other Arts Skip Attack (Fi)
- Dagger Attack Extra
- Dagger Spin Counter
- Deadly Archer
- Saber Parry Counter

Gunner
- Slow Landing Attack (Gu)
- Slow Landing Charge (Gu)
- Spread Shot (basically Ra's shotgun skill)
- Spread Shot Quick Escape

Techter
- Weak Element Amplify
- Awake Yell
- Slow Landing Charge (Te)
- Barta Blot
- Zonde Clad
- Shifta Effect Advantage
- Shifta Effect Amplify
- Deband PP Recovery Up
- Deband Resist Bad Condition
- Reverse Bounty

Kondibon
Jun 2, 2021, 07:02 AM
I'm pretty sure some of these are just going to be default skills and not part of the skill tree. Barta Blot and Zonde Clad were in all the betas as default effects for those techs. I guess it could have just been because they're basically vital to how those techs function and there was a limited amount of skill points in the beta. If they are on the skill trees maybe it'll make people actually understand how important uncharged techs are.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 2, 2021, 12:31 PM
I'm pretty sure some of these are just going to be default skills and not part of the skill tree. Barta Blot and Zonde Clad were in all the betas as default effects for those techs. I guess it could have just been because they're basically vital to how those techs function and there was a limited amount of skill points in the beta. If they are on the skill trees maybe it'll make people actually understand how important uncharged techs are.

These were posted on the official site with screenshots of the trees. If u mean by default I guess but I saw SP needed to be spent

Kondibon
Jun 2, 2021, 02:07 PM
Ok, I found it. I guess they just had the skills automatically in the betas. I'm a little concerned with how many of the skills are turning out to be 5 or 10 points, but that would explain why some classes would have so many more skills than others. Hopefully getting all, or at least most, of the skills is still something that happens.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 2, 2021, 06:57 PM
i should have posted this when i put up the skills

https://pso2.jp/players/update/20210609/03/

im sure most ppl have seen the english text to the screenshots already now

Strages
Jun 6, 2021, 11:05 AM
Did you ever play PSU online? Did you ever play PSO2 on launch? Did you play the Ultra Hard areas when they first dropped? Anything along those lines?

One of the biggest problems with PSO2 is the power creep: we do way too much damage. One of the major bullet points of NGS is that it's supposed to be a progression reset. Regular enemies are somewhat frightening again. We no longer do ridiculous amounts of damage to half the content, as that content was made for a much older progression. I'm sure this will be broken yet again, because such is the fate of all online games that get constant updates, but oh well.

Comparing any of this to Monster Hunter, which has completely different combat that is probably closer to Dark Souls (here's an actual good Dark Souls comparison), is absolutely pushing it. Yes, Monster Hunter was sorta kinda based on the original PSO. It still played very differently then, just as it does today.

SolRiver
Jun 6, 2021, 03:17 PM
Did you ever play PSU online? Did you ever play PSO2 on launch? Did you play the Ultra Hard areas when they first dropped? Anything along those lines?

geez, you remind me of how much i missed pso ultimate mode sea lab... I was hoping to get something similar in pso2, but never happened... there was a few point close, but never happened...

sol_trigger
Jun 7, 2021, 12:06 AM
so... no preload ?

Kondibon
Jun 7, 2021, 12:21 AM
so... no preload ?If there is going to be one I doubt it's going to be before the maintenance even starts.

Anduril
Jun 7, 2021, 01:25 AM
From the JP players site:

※“PC”版のアップデートパッチの配信時間は6月8日(火)8:00頃、“PS4”版のアップデートパッ チの配信時間は6月9日(水)0:00頃を予定しております。

* The delivery time of the "PC" version update patch is scheduled to be around 8:00 on June 8 (Tuesday), and the delivery time of the "PS4" version update patch is scheduled to be around 0:00 on June 9 (Wednesday).

source: http://pso2.jp/players/news/27898/

So it looks like the update will be ready to download pretty much as soon as the servers go down (assuming things go as planned).

oratank
Jun 7, 2021, 02:14 AM
i will wait a bit check some news before download but i will pray for those brave souls who sacrifice themselves for us

Ezodagrom
Jun 7, 2021, 06:13 AM
so... no preload ?
Since the NGS client will replace the current PSO2 client, they can't start a preload while the servers are live (since current players wouldn't be able to play anymore), the preload can only start during maintenance.

Strages
Jun 7, 2021, 09:18 PM
geez, you remind me of how much i missed pso ultimate mode sea lab... I was hoping to get something similar in pso2, but never happened... there was a few point close, but never happened...
I was hoping for more areas like that as well. I'm kinda hoping NGS gets some areas like that, its theme of exploring a single big planet again seems "better" for it.

SolRiver
Jun 7, 2021, 11:20 PM
I was hoping for more areas like that as well. I'm kinda hoping NGS gets some areas like that, its theme of exploring a single big planet again seems "better" for it.

Thin long area with teleporting invisible enemies that need reflection to see and instant death megid flying everywhere. Yes please. Don't forget the giant dog.

Maybe my masochism awoken around there.

sol_trigger
Jun 8, 2021, 04:23 AM
download is up and you are forced to download fully 96GB client unlike the JPN version where you can selective download NG only

this is ass

Dark Mits
Jun 8, 2021, 08:51 AM
download is up and you are forced to download fully 96GB client unlike the JPN version where you can selective download NG onlyIsn't this due to the fact that the Global version did not have the updated graphics yet? The JPN version had downloaded it a couple months ago.

Anduril
Jun 8, 2021, 09:12 AM
download is up and you are forced to download fully 96GB client unlike the JPN version where you can selective download NG only

this is ass

Which version? I just updated on Steam and it was only 35GB.

Ezodagrom
Jun 8, 2021, 11:23 AM

this is ass
I think the JP PC version also needs the full client, if I'm not mistaken the options in the JP PC launcher are about downloading everything through the launcher, or downloading the PSO2 data while playing NGS?

Which version? I just updated on Steam and it was only 35GB.
sol's complaining about not being able to have only NGS installed, without the base PSO2 part.

sol_trigger
Jun 8, 2021, 08:18 PM
I think the JP PC version also needs the full client, if I'm not mistaken the options in the JP PC launcher are about downloading everything through the launcher, or downloading the PSO2 data while playing NGS?

sol's complaining about not being able to have only NGS installed, without the base PSO2 part.

someone shown a screenshot of the JP launcher, it had an option that only downloads NG client

oratank
Jun 9, 2021, 05:49 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3byEilVoAQ9UEv?format=jpg&name=small

well That's new

Arika
Jun 9, 2021, 07:07 AM
Does anyone know about transferring ship function? I want to know if we can't transfer for certain period of time or not. Since I want to try ship 1 and ship 2 in NGS to compare

Anduril
Jun 9, 2021, 07:17 AM
Does anyone know about transferring ship function? I want to know if we can't transfer for certain period of time or not. Since I want to try ship 1 and ship 2 in NGS to compare

Ship transfers are basically one-way tickets that you have to pay for each time, and you will only transfer during maintenance, which means that you can only do one per character once per week or once every two weeks depending on the maintenance schedule of the server you are on (JPN usually has maintenance weekly, while Global has it every other week).

That said, don't forget that you do get 3 free characters, so you could make one on each Ship, then transfer or delete them once you have picked the Ship you want to stay on (or just keep them).

Arika
Jun 9, 2021, 07:20 AM
Thank, the issue is that a few friends want me in ship1 but overall checking ship2 is much nicer environment for Asian time zone like me.

I do not mind the ship transfer fee, I know about that part. it worth it to just try thing out without re-leveling everything in new character.
but so can only trigger during maint I see.

Loveless62
Jun 9, 2021, 12:58 PM
You can still earn SG in PSO2 via casino, battle, buster, etc. The old game is still relevant.