PDA

View Full Version : NGS Launch Maintenance Extended

Loveless62
Jun 9, 2021, 03:00 AM
It looks like the NGS launch maintenance was extended. (https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/maintenanceover0608)

They expect to post an update at 3:00am PST.

Edit: I should have mentioned that this announcement was for Global, but maintenance is extended for JP as well (https://pso2-jp.translate.goog/players/news/27965/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=ajax,se).

silo1991
Jun 9, 2021, 09:42 AM
good i didnt ask for vacation for this day :3

Sizustar
Jun 9, 2021, 09:58 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3bI5mqXwAAlpVk?format=png&name=large

sol_trigger
Jun 9, 2021, 10:56 AM
they should change this meme, make it "maintenance 2"

the_importer_
Jun 9, 2021, 11:45 AM
I can't get into PSO2 period, I just want to play the vanilla game. Some people on Discord are saying it's an IP Ban, that using a VPN works. I hope it's not the case, the ping with these things are horrible.

SolRiver
Jun 9, 2021, 11:49 AM
I got in with vpn, couldnt without.

I am hoping it is just same issue as the yahoo server back then...

xBM
Jun 9, 2021, 11:50 AM
It seems like there's an IP ban, so no one can't log-in or Ships showing Online when your IP isn't located in the Japan region.

the_importer_
Jun 9, 2021, 11:51 AM
I have TunnelBear VPN, but it's not working.

cheapgunner
Jun 9, 2021, 11:57 AM
...Not an IP ban. I don't wanna go thru setting up a vpn again. Playing vanilla wouldn't be so bad atm.

Zulastar
Jun 9, 2021, 12:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1Zom9BY.jpg (https://i.imgur.com/1Zom9BY.jpg)
https://i.imgur.com/t7lcK68.jpg (https://i.imgur.com/t7lcK68.jpg)

GG. No PSO2 for me anymore. KK. Bye.

Cyclon
Jun 9, 2021, 12:17 PM
They actually did it... Great, that's just great. F*** me.

the_importer_
Jun 9, 2021, 12:24 PM
It's no wonder, with a Global Version now and MS pouring-in the cash, they want a ROI. Anyway, I canceled TunnelBear and got another VPN, it works, just got to figure how to get in vanilla PSO2 now.

エリュシオン
Jun 9, 2021, 12:28 PM
I personally won't worry about this too much, especially since I play on PC (and I imagine a ton of others here do too). Tweaker's telepipe proxy came up when a lot of people needed it to play JP and I doubt they'll just entirely give up on getting it up and running again. We'll eventually get a solution and hopefully this gets lifted or bypassed without the need of a VPN or proxy.

Dark Mits
Jun 9, 2021, 12:37 PM
Conspiracy theory:

- They enable IP restriction so that the non-Japanese playerbase on the Japanese servers use the Global servers to get their fix
- A part of the the above category of players will buy stuff for the Global version
- Once the initial wave calms down, they remove the IP restriction.
- The above category of players returns to their heavily-invested characters, and spend even more money on them
- Optional: By the time the above happens, these players will have been slightly attached also to their newly characters, so they will be buying stuff on both versions. Double win for Sega.

oratank
Jun 9, 2021, 12:51 PM
well Global all ship are full

Gourd
Jun 9, 2021, 01:49 PM
So who here is *actually* able to play?

Karen Erra
Jun 9, 2021, 03:57 PM
I'm using IPVanish VPN right now, works for me just fine. Maybe NGS will work somewhere down the line without a VPN. I don't know if it's actually an IP ban or maybe just routing problems again, like back in the day with the DDoS attack.

the_importer_
Jun 9, 2021, 04:21 PM
Well, IP ban or not, the English portion of OG PSO2 is broken, might as well wait. As for NGS, well it's better than the videos made it out to be, still not sure if I'll play it however now that I've "unlocked" OG PSO2 with all of my characters.

SolRiver
Jun 9, 2021, 04:36 PM
Been using mudfish vpn with ngs, cost $0.01 for like 4+ hours (prbly more but got to stop). Working well. Hopefully the block is temporary.

Gourd
Jun 9, 2021, 04:53 PM
I'm on ExpressVPN and I got an infinite loading screen after class creation. Nice.
Keeping US players off their servers could have been solved 9 years ago by just localizing the game like they kept promising.

silo1991
Jun 9, 2021, 05:55 PM
IP ban it cant be , im able to connect to PSO2es :P , ok for now i cant try the game , at some point my laptop suspended in middle of the update , when its done i will advise

the_importer_
Jun 9, 2021, 05:57 PM
I'm on ExpressVPN and I got an infinite loading screen after class creation. Nice.
Keeping US players off their servers could have been solved 9 years ago by just localizing the game like they kept promising.

If this is an IP ban, then MS is responsible for asking this from SEGA. Think about it, they footed the bill for the Western version of both PSO2 games, but they probably only make cash from the microtransactions with the Global version. If it was only SEGA, they wouldn't care where you spent your money.

Cyclon
Jun 9, 2021, 06:01 PM
If this is an IP ban, then MS is responsible for asking this from SEGA. Think about it, they footed the bill for the Western version of both PSO2 games, but they probably only make cash from the microtransactions with the Global version. If it was only SEGA, they wouldn't care where you spent your money.
They did IP ban SEA players all the same, way back when...

the_importer_
Jun 9, 2021, 06:10 PM
They did IP ban SEA players all the same, way back when...

Asiasoft was the ones who asked for that with their licence agreements, hence why they were officially banned in SEA regions from accessing the Japanese servers.

Anyway, even if SEGA don't ban people using VPN, I don't think the Tweaker Team will bother making patches for NGS if most people won't cough-up for a VPN, so MS wins either way.

Gourd
Jun 9, 2021, 08:51 PM
I'm using IPVanish VPN right now, works for me just fine.

It's doing nothing for me beyond perma-loading. Do you have any specific settings put in for it?

Tigy
Jun 9, 2021, 11:19 PM
Been using mudfish vpn with ngs, cost $0.01 for like 4+ hours (prbly more but got to stop). Working well. Hopefully the block is temporary.
I was using mudfish as well but with full vpn mode
I heard there is a method to add unsupported game but since I was under panic attack I just logged in with full vpn mode lol
In game ping is just fine stable under 100ms but somehow launcher update got stuck with mudfish on full vpn for me.

Karen Erra
Jun 10, 2021, 12:01 AM
It's doing nothing for me beyond perma-loading. Do you have any specific settings put in for it?

No, it's all standard for me. I'm using Windows' built-in VPN tool, added the server of IPVanish, entered my credentials and that was really it.
Works fine for me and a couple friends as well.

Gourd
Jun 10, 2021, 07:44 AM
No, it's all standard for me. I'm using Windows' built-in VPN tool, added the server of IPVanish, entered my credentials and that was really it.
Works fine for me and a couple friends as well.

Well, this sounds a bit more involved than I was assuming. I was just loading it up normally. And just doing that wasn't doing anything different. Everything I've tried puts me in infinite loading.

EDIT: Annnd no change. :/
Don't get how this works for some people and not others honestly.

silo1991
Jun 11, 2021, 07:07 PM
alright i finally downloaded the patch , but i saw the ships in unknown state and mark me the 249 error . its there a maintenance or its related with the IP issue ?

and BTW i can still connect to PSO2es not sure if that influence somehow ?

Nelson_Ichise
Jun 15, 2021, 09:52 AM
Hello everyone, do you think there is any chances for Sega to lift the IP ban on PS4
or should i really just forget about it on PS4 and move on?

AlphaBlob
Jun 15, 2021, 10:06 AM
Hello everyone, do you think there is any chances for Sega to lift the IP ban on PS4

There's no way to confirm what they'll do, but Sega removing IP block isn't unheard of.

silo1991
Jun 15, 2021, 01:25 PM

i heard in other places that , even japanese players (who live in japan) has been with troubles to connect into the game with the same issues as us

its not IP ban its a whole different problem related to the servers.

Nelson_Ichise
Jun 15, 2021, 04:03 PM
i heard in other places that , even japanese players (who live in japan) has been with troubles to connect into the game with the same issues as us

its not IP ban its a whole different problem related to the servers.
Ok, thanks for the info.

Dark Mits
Jun 15, 2021, 04:36 PM

its not IP ban its a whole different problem related to the servers.Isn't it possible that the IP addresses of the native Japanese people who cannot log are simply not registered as Japanese? For example, when I check the various IP addresses that my provider gives me, sometimes they are "identified" as belonging to a neighboring country, and once it was even identified as originating from Germany.

At the same time, if it was not an IP ban, then there would be a significant amount of non-Japanese players who would be able to log. But the consensus is that everyone outside of Japan needs a VPN.

Kyra Tierney
Jun 16, 2021, 03:47 AM
Has anyone figured out hot to make the game run on PS4? I've started a proxy server on my PC and told PS4 to connect to it. As of now it can connect to Internet, run online games AND load updates to PSO2 NGS.
I connected PC to Soft Ether VPN: the game says the ships are under maintenance.
I tried Proton VPN: the game says the ships are under maintenance.
I tried Amazon AWS: the game says the ships are under maintenance.
What am I doing wrong? Is there a specific way to set up proxy that I missed?

FOnewearl-Lina
Jun 16, 2021, 07:59 AM
It's possible that you were trying all this while the ships were actually under weekly maintenance.

Kyra Tierney
Jun 16, 2021, 08:37 AM
I have been trying all of that for the duration of the whole week, all while various people were reporting that a VPN got them through the block.

advfox
Jun 16, 2021, 05:15 PM
Has anyone figured out hot to make the game run on PS4? I've started a proxy server on my PC and told PS4 to connect to it. As of now it can connect to Internet, run online games AND load updates to PSO2 NGS.
I connected PC to Soft Ether VPN: the game says the ships are under maintenance.
I tried Proton VPN: the game says the ships are under maintenance.
I tried Amazon AWS: the game says the ships are under maintenance.
What am I doing wrong? Is there a specific way to set up proxy that I missed?

I used a PS5 in my case, but I'd imagine the outcome would be the same on PS4. I used ExpressVPN on my PC, and tried making a mobile hotspot and have my console connect to it - had issues getting that to work so I gave up on that. I actually just ended up sharing my connection with the console through an ethernet cable, and I was able to log in after that. I didn't use a proxy, but I was able to get the game working regardless.

That being said, I ended up sticking to PC as the PS4 version doesn't compare well from a graphical standpoint, even with the settings turned up.

Tymek
Jun 16, 2021, 05:36 PM
I used a PS5 in my case, but I'd imagine the outcome would be the same on PS4. I used ExpressVPN on my PC, and tried making a mobile hotspot and have my console connect to it - had issues getting that to work so I gave up on that. I actually just ended up sharing my connection with the console through an ethernet cable, and I was able to log in after that. I didn't use a proxy, but I was able to get the game working regardless.

That being said, I ended up sticking to PC as the PS4 version doesn't compare well from a graphical standpoint, even with the settings turned up.

I have tried sharing a private VPN connection to my PS4 through Ethernet, to no avail. Do you have more information about what you did exactly?

advfox
Jun 17, 2021, 03:54 AM
I have tried sharing a private VPN connection to my PS4 through Ethernet, to no avail. Do you have more information about what you did exactly?

First I connected the cable to the console (didn't change console connection settings yet), then I turned on the VPN connection on PC. Then I went to Settings > Network & Internet > Change Adapter Options, and located ExpressVPN TAP Adapter (it'd be different for whatever VPN you're using, but probably still shows up as TAP Adapter). I right-clicked it > Properties > Sharing Tab > checked "Allow other network users to connect" and set Home Networking connection to Ethernet.

Then on console, I went to network settings and set up LAN connection.

Tymek
Jun 17, 2021, 08:39 AM
First I connected the cable to the console (didn't change console connection settings yet), then I turned on the VPN connection on PC. Then I went to Settings > Network & Internet > Change Adapter Options, and located ExpressVPN TAP Adapter (it'd be different for whatever VPN you're using, but probably still shows up as TAP Adapter). I right-clicked it > Properties > Sharing Tab > checked "Allow other network users to connect" and set Home Networking connection to Ethernet.

Then on console, I went to network settings and set up LAN connection.

That's pretty much step-by-step what I have been doing, except with SoftEther instead of ExpressVPN. I keep getting "Error NW-31456-9: Cannot connect to the server within the time limit"...

UPDATE: Mudfish works, so I'm going with that.