PDA

View Full Version : Funny story to you all makes me pissed off that this happene

NodMan
May 2, 2003, 01:42 PM
I recently bought a Modem for my GC to play PSO online because after 420 hours offline on one character it gets old. I got the ISP number and user information and all that stuff going, also I purchased a Hunters Licences. Then I got to the Ship and Block selection for online play. I created a team on the US server and went to go play. When I got on Pioneer2 I got the Error Message 100 that I have been disconected. When this happened I didnt think much of it and then I saw the screen with the files on your GC memcard are corrupted and must be deleted. This made me yell obsinoties at the top off my lungs for minuets. I tried taking the memcard out turning on and off the GC and going into the memcard at the start of the GC. Needless to saw I lost my LV 154 RAmar, LV 102 HUcast, LV 121 FOnewearl, and LV 89 HUnewearl; also more rare items than I can remeber and 150 Photon Drops. I called SEGA and they had no idea why it kept doing this to me and they said that MSN was one of the best ISP's to play PSO on. I never did get online and I tried 4 different Modems and still know luck. Some of you may find this store funny but I personally think that this suchs balls. That is my store and I'm sticking to it.

Whatley
May 2, 2003, 02:07 PM
I don't find it funny. I would be pissed off too if that ever happened to me.

Is the mem card that you are using a third party mem card or is it an official mem card?

Most people had this happen to them when they were using a third party mem card. I haven't seen anyone mention that they were using an official mem card when this had happened to them.

MilkManX
May 2, 2003, 02:37 PM
Make sure you are using a Nintendo Memory card 59 only. The third parties and even the Nintendo 251 card seem to glitch out on PSO.

NodMan
May 2, 2003, 03:07 PM
The memcard is the Nintendo Memory card 59 one.

Davka
May 2, 2003, 03:19 PM
omg that sucks so much >_<. I've never heard of anybody using a nintendo mc and d/cing and then corrupting though. Most people lose their chars. at the second save. I've corrupted though a few times while not at the second save. If you're having problems connecting call MSN and tell them. When I got my dad online using his MSN I had to call them. It seems to me like people who use broadband don't corrupt as much as the 56k users.

The_Hero_Of_Time
May 2, 2003, 03:37 PM
The exact same thing happend to me!! I was using a 3rd party memory card, when it happened, so i traded mem cards with my friend. and it worked.

Mello
May 2, 2003, 03:57 PM
Sorry bud. Ive gotten corrupted too but it isnt the end of the world (Or is it?) well im just saying that in 2-3 months you can be doing the same things you were doing before you got corrupted.

Blenjar
May 2, 2003, 04:37 PM
Sell that cube of yours and hoop on the xbox son. damn, 154, over 400 hours, lol offline 2! damn, quit the damn game on cube. And d/c and got corrupt ouchy, quit the once more damn game on cube.

Vitamin_D
May 2, 2003, 04:59 PM
OUCH...that's probaly the worst story yet. your first time online and that happend to you. That truly sucks man. Well I hope you keep playing anyway, if not, it's TOTALLY understandable. Ouch...

Davka
May 2, 2003, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't quit b/c of that...I've corrupted also and know quite a few people who have. Now that you're online playing will be a lot more enjoyable and you'll level up so much faster b/c you'll be able to go into games w/ people and you'll have friends to play w/. Also you'll have a bunch more weapons to play w/ so those first 20 levels won't be spent using that bad ass brand+5.

Foggy_Pete
May 2, 2003, 07:15 PM
yup that was pretty damn funny
im just kidding i know how pissed off you must be :| and by the way, that was the most confusing thread name ive ever seen

Omni-SqwirL
May 3, 2003, 02:41 AM
On 2003-05-02 14:59, Vitamin_D wrote:
OUCH...that's probaly the worst story yet.

Yes...I do agree

Captain_Dude
May 3, 2003, 02:47 AM
Character corruption... I go listen to Styx now...

zimmk2vgc
May 3, 2003, 03:43 AM
On 2003-05-02 14:37, Blenjar wrote:
Sell that cube of yours and hoop on the xbox son. damn, 154, over 400 hours, lol offline 2! damn, quit the damn game on cube. And d/c and got corrupt ouchy, quit the once more damn game on cube.

FANBOY!! When will people learn that all versions of PSO have their flaws. Xbox people, you may not have as many corruptions as much as GC, BUT YOU GOT BLOODY NOLLERS SO HA. There are good and bad points to each game. They are exactly the same apart from the control thingy du dad in the corner. Get along please! Don't make me bring out the Nols!

Shoryu
May 3, 2003, 04:26 AM
we have NOL'ers? I haven't seen em. You can't go on live with a modchip-- so how's that possible? You can't run modified code online -- although you can create items offline and take them on, which i see as basically the same problem as duping.

Captain_Dude
May 3, 2003, 04:31 AM
On 2003-05-03 02:26, Shoryu wrote:
we have NOL'ers? I haven't seen em. You can't go on live with a modchip-- so how's that possible? You can't run modified code online -- although you can create items offline and take them on, which i see as basically the same problem as duping.

That's exactly what I was thinking!

nivek-wolf
May 3, 2003, 07:09 AM
ahhhhhhhhhh nolers i havent herd that name in a long
time yes there used to be nolers back in the
day when pso was young and FREEEEE!
I also have not seen nolers yet on psox but from the way you carry your self it sounds like you dont even
have psox.I do agre though we should not flame one
another because of system.[If i do sound like im flameing a system of chose it usley because of
facts about the system and never fan boy critsem]
Im going to get back to zelda now.

ginko990
May 3, 2003, 07:39 AM
>_< ouch that sucks, but eh, shit happens. Hopefully you will wont kill yourself over it.

Come over to Xbox, I put over 1200 hours into the cube(lvl 192/120/105/70) and I deleted them, sold all my gamecube stuff and moved to Xbox. Im having a Blast, granted you would be starting a good 2 1/2 weeks late. I started about a week and half late but Ive already passed most people.

i say come to xbox. Hella fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ginko990 on 2003-05-03 05:40 ]</font>

Vanango
May 3, 2003, 07:53 AM
PSOW should have a forum just called the graveyard or the tombstone... to retired, lost, and deceased (corrupted) characters.

R.I.P. Dear Hunter. I bid you farewell and a happy afterlife. (or that at least some juicy worms feed on you or rappies dine -- much like vultures -- rather than become so rotted and maggot infested that a booma wouldn't even poo on you.

Adieu, adieu.

Kthak
May 3, 2003, 09:16 AM
Why would this person move to the xbox when then use DIALUP to connect to the Internet?

jeramia
May 3, 2003, 10:45 AM
well look, i hear ya it sucks munky balls a great deal. ive been there 2 times already, look a mem card 59 is great if its the only thing on there. but a 251 deos glitch out once a awhile, but your better of using that . or whatever. and 1 mistake you did was call sega they never helped, prolly never will. next time post a message about it.

i dont recommend xbox in anyway, stay with gc its safer lol, jk, but ive heard stories of psox being hacked alot, so im still sticking with pso gc cause i am and always be a nintendo fan until the day i die, but whatever you choose remember that its gonna happen any were you go i garuntee it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jeramia on 2003-05-03 08:48 ]</font>

Belmont
May 3, 2003, 03:38 PM
I hat pointing this out cause i enjoy my gamecube with a passion if your going to play pso lpay it on XBOX i know alot of you lamers are complaining about hacks but guess what not only have i never seen a hack on xbox and no one i talked to have seen one no reason not to play on it but to sum it up it doesnt have character curruption like GC. But some of you guys dont have broadband always ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR CHARA!!!!!also my buddie said he couldnt get on pso cause his ISP wasnt compatible? So there are some things to watch out for when using GC personaly its the dail up that kills me i need my T1 lol but yeah you need to cards and save your chara to both thats why i hate mem cards happens on psx and ps2 also for some of my games

satoshi1
May 4, 2003, 12:35 AM
On 2003-05-02 12:07, Whatley wrote:
I don't find it funny. I would be pissed off too if that ever happened to me.

Is the mem card that you are using a third party mem card or is it an official mem card?

Most people had this happen to them when they were using a third party mem card. I haven't seen anyone mention that they were using an official mem card when this had happened to them.

I've been corrupted on an official 251 card, since then i moved to an official 59 card, to keep my characters separate from my bros. Not sure if my odds for corruption will increase or decrease...

450 hours with one character? I probably wouldn't have played nearly that long! That sucks what happened to you, but think of it this way, you get to start all over. It's almost like a new game, just you've got experience with it...

kagero
May 4, 2003, 06:45 PM
I hate to point out the obviouse but hacking is just as bad on the gamecube version as the xbox version. although I havent seen any on the xbox as of yet, but ive seen screen shots. Gamecube is just as bad as far as hacking and duping go. I agree that every system has its goods and bads, I played pso on the gamecube for over 1300 hours before i switched, and i only switched because I was tired of seeing the same facing in the same lobbys, On PsoX Ive noticed that I see different people almost every night. Its still the same game, and its still just as fun. There is no system that is better than the other as far as this game goes. Im sorry to hear about your corruption, that really sux, but if your like me, Ive been corrupted to, youll just shrug it off, start over (on either system) and still have just as much fun! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Droxitr
May 4, 2003, 07:11 PM
When you get corrupted, is it all the files on that card or just the PSO ones?

NodMan
May 5, 2003, 10:31 AM
On 2003-05-03 05:39, ginko990 wrote:
>_< ouch that sucks, but eh, shit happens. Hopefully you will wont kill yourself over it.

Come over to Xbox, I put over 1200 hours into the cube(lvl 192/120/105/70) and I deleted them, sold all my gamecube stuff and moved to Xbox. Im having a Blast, granted you would be starting a good 2 1/2 weeks late. I started about a week and half late but Ive already passed most people.

i say come to xbox. Hella fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ginko990 on 2003-05-03 05:40 ]</font>

Why XBox suchs! I hate it because of all the BS you have to buy to play.

NodMan
May 5, 2003, 10:33 AM
A couple of other things that I lost were Yasmikov 7000V, 2 Frozen Shooters, Rico's Glasses, and 4 God/Abilities.

NodMan
May 5, 2003, 01:27 PM
On 2003-05-04 17:11, Droxitr wrote:
When you get corrupted, is it all the files on that card or just the PSO ones?

Just the PSo ones.