PDA

View Full Version : Help in the Mines

Scrub
May 3, 2003, 09:58 AM
Okay, the boss room is right in front of me. I just have a few questions about it...
Uhh..I'm only a level 20 FOnewm, will I get beat?
Who's the boss, and what element(if any) is his weakness?
My Shock Autogun +3 seemed to do pretty well on the Canadines/Gilchics/Sinow Beats, but is it a good choice to use against the boss?
What kind of resistance should I equipt on my Armor Slots?

n_n I'd appreciate the answers, guys. Thanks in advance!

VolOpt2003
May 3, 2003, 10:16 AM
ETH resistance in your slots.Have you found any lockguns yet?because theyre better than autoguns.And the boss you will fiight is VolOpt and hes a robot with two forms.Hope you beat him!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S Use Zonde!

geewj
May 3, 2003, 10:20 AM
The best way to learn to fight the bosses is to lay a pipe before you go in and just fight em. If you die, use your pipe to go down and fight him asgain. Do this ass many times as it takes, learning a little more about the boss each time. You might even beat him your first try...who knows.

ophiel
May 3, 2003, 11:37 AM
VolOpt Is Easy, just have a little patience. It can be a little frustrating if you keep getting electrocuted and cant fire your gun/cast spells/etc.

So try this tactic.
Youll be in a circular room, with video screens on all sides, a central hole, and about 5 or 6 holes along the sides where pylons will pop up.

VolOpt will appear on each of the screens, slowly moving from one to the next. Hes weak to Electricity, but dont bother casting any spells other than resta/shifta. The damage you could likely do with a gun is just as much as your spells, and you wont have to mess around with regaining TP.

*Note. I use mechguns. I know they do very little damage compared to other guns. But In my opinion they have the highest damage potential of them all. Just stick with them, and power up your mag. Thats my advice anyways.*

Now, as I said before, blast the screens when he appears, they should break, and eventually, hell leave the screens in order to take control of the rest of the room. - Remember those pylon holes around the room I mentioned before? Well Get ready.

All the pylons around the room will stand up out of their holes for a few seconds. Look quickly for one who is flashing with a red light. - Shoot that One quickly, or your going to get shocked. Repeat this a few times until he appears on the screen again.

Continue the whole process one or two more times, and VolOpt will transform into "battle mode." Dont worry. I know it looks menacing but its the easiest boss in the game by far.

Originally I just blasted it with RaZonde over and over and over, and healed as soon as he hit me. Now I just use my mechguns, because I can drop him before he's able to land Two hits on me. - Dont even bother dodging. Take the hits, and use Resta/mates. -Stand your ground and keep blasting him with guns/razonde, and he should drop really fast.

Thats all The information Ive got. Good luck!
Tell us how it goes.

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 69 fomar.
[mars army]
-lafayette division leader-
[echelon]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ophiel on 2003-05-03 09:38 ]</font>

rena-ko
May 4, 2003, 05:30 AM
there is also a great guide in the guidesection:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=808

foie and zonde are the keys. foie for first form, zonde for senond. then, go for the screens, but only for the 3 small ones. gizonde maybe. when the pillars pop up (when vol opts head has finished his walk through the screens and looks at you to disappear) try to be in the middle of the room and blast only the red one with foie.

second form is really easy. cast zonde non stop (i dont remember gizonde would connect all 5 weakspots but try it out, if you have more damager per TP that way...).

what to bring: mates (when shocked), fluids, maybe a scapedoll as insurance and if possible a HP slot item. other than that, everything that boosts zonde and foie would be a big help.

good luck

Droxitr
May 4, 2003, 02:14 PM
Something I noticed about Vol Opt on normal:

He does not 'remember' the damage you've given to him if you leave.

I was using the mate dropping trick, and on the first try, I managed to shoot out one set of monitors. When I died and came back, the monitor was there again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Also, a Slicer with a good machine % will do wonders here if you don't have techs. Especially on the final form when you're hitting every piece at once. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Neoluke12
May 4, 2003, 02:39 PM
Ive just killed him today and smashed him to kindom come and BACK. Thats not the point though. I was about to go mad because I couldnt figure his first form after the moniters but nows he dead.

Scrub
May 4, 2003, 05:59 PM
Finally!x_X After 2 tries, I came back on to check if there were any replies the next day. After reading you guys' advice, I was able to beat that son of a bitch!>=D Even got to level 23 while doing it. But I have a few questions, now..Is it bad to give HP Materials and Evade Materials to a FOnewm? I think I gave him 1 or 2 of each, and I just wanna know if I shouldn't give him any more, and just focus on TP/Mind Materials. Again, thanks!=D

ophiel
May 4, 2003, 07:07 PM
No, use as many materials as you find. They just make you stronger. A force with high HP and Evade is good, it gives you a bonus in some of the areas that your low on.

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 72 fomar.
[mars army]
-lafayette division leader-
[echelon]