PDA

View Full Version : Vol Opt: Running in circles helps

RagMasterRappy
May 3, 2003, 10:41 AM
To avoid that green ball thing.. Demonstration video (requires DivX 5): avoid.avi (http://ev.dhs.org/psopics/5-3-2003/avoid.avi) (996KB)

This is for informational purposes only. Please preview the animated pictures to see what I'm talking about before making assumptions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2003-05-03 09:47 ]</font>

Saulot
May 3, 2003, 10:49 AM
Just stand in the corner by its head. It works, plus you can still blast away at it.

RagMasterRappy
May 3, 2003, 10:50 AM
For the trap? I don't think so. I'll try it later anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2003-05-03 08:50 ]</font>

Saulot
May 3, 2003, 10:55 AM
The spike trap all you have to do is destroy 1 corner trap and stand in that corner. When the other 4 go off, you shouldn't be harmed. Almost every single attack De Rol Le has can be avoided by simply standing still; the only real tricky one is its energy beam (which involves a little running, but not much).

RagMasterRappy
May 3, 2003, 10:57 AM
So, did you read the title of this topic? I believe it says "Vol Opt."

Saulot
May 3, 2003, 11:02 AM
Err ... I forgot about the lights out attacks it has, probably because my fights with it never got the far except when soloing offline in Ultimate. Watch the shadows for the falling rocks, and hope you have team mates or a good strong weapon for the revolving traps. Either those or decent amount of HP.

Saulot
May 3, 2003, 11:03 AM
On 2003-05-03 08:57, RagMasterRappy wrote:
So, did you read the title of this topic? I believe it says "Vol Opt."

DOH!

n/m

goes off and hides in corner to catch up sleep depravation

RagMasterRappy
May 3, 2003, 11:03 AM
I'm not joking. Are you even reading what's inside of this topic? For clarification: This is a game play tip for Mines not Caves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2003-05-03 09:04 ]</font>

Saulot
May 3, 2003, 11:18 AM
On topic this time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

As for Vol Opt, running in circles around it also works for the crushing pillars attack and missile attack it has, and is the only way I know of the avoid those 3 attacks. Don't know why it would need a demonstration video though, it's a very cut and simple tactic.

RagMasterRappy
May 3, 2003, 11:20 AM
Maybe you should download the video while you're sleeping. It might only be useful for Ultimate..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2003-05-03 09:20 ]</font>

Saulot
May 3, 2003, 11:36 AM
Just veiwed it. Running in circles around Vol Opt itself instead of green orb is probably easier for inexperienced players though, as well as it can be used for that forms 2 other main attacks, the missiles and the cruching pillars.

But the main skill to avoid attacks from any boss is situational awareness, which unfortunately can neither be taught nor displayed, but only learned from experience.

RagMasterRappy
May 3, 2003, 11:41 AM
.. Well, I'll assume you haven't playe ultimate mines before, because that green thing can easily out run you if you try to run around Vol Opt. This also works if you happen to be almost directly next to Vol Opt in any mode when it fires that thing.

Sham
May 3, 2003, 11:41 AM
Running in circles: Easy for beginners.

Expert(sort of): Run towards the wall just as it's about to shoot the ball, turn around immediately running in a small arc. If done correct, the ball will hit the floor and dissapear. (It does this because when it first shoots, it shoots toward you at a downward angle. If you turn quick enough, it'll continue on the downward path, and attempt to continue seeking you, but end up in the ground.)

I'm not sure if it works on all characters. Both of my characters are short; never attempted with a tall character.

RagMasterRappy
May 3, 2003, 11:42 AM
People: Don't reply to this topic until you watch the video. Thanks.

MORB
May 3, 2003, 11:45 AM
I always found that vol opt was a joke. I realised the first time I fought it that running in circles let you avoid completly all of its attacks in it's second form.
When you get a bit used to it, you know how much time you can wait before starting to run, and when you can stop, letting you optimize the amount of time you spend actually hitting it instead of running.

Ps. The above post was made while I was writing this, sorry :)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MORB on 2003-05-03 09:46 ]</font>