PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good name? i got one for you!

Belmont
May 3, 2003, 11:23 AM
Hey,
How are you guys? Well I basicly posting this topic for people who are looking for a good character. For example Ascelpius it means The God of Healing in Greek, the reason i choose this name is cause my Mage(force)has been known as the healer. Well anyways i know a bunch of Greek names phrases and meanings I've been learning greek for some time i know small amount of latin names. Just post what kind of name your looking for And I'll do what i can.

ChibiMyu
May 3, 2003, 02:37 PM
Got any names that translate to something like "mournful" or "sorrowful"? I've gotten some of my other PSO character names from Greek Mythology and such (try http://www.in2greece.com/english/historymyth/ancient_hist_and_myth.htm ). The only problem I've encountered so far is that you have to pick a name that can easy be shortened to 3-4 letters for a nickname. I originally wanted to create a character named "Achilles", but for some reason being called "Ach" really bothered me. That's why I'm Archilles. I have no idea how that would translate, and I'm not sure I want to know either. (Later on I found a mythology website that said "Achilles" name meant "lipless"... meh... so much for a meaningful name... maybe it's irony?)

Mazarin
May 3, 2003, 03:27 PM
Use medical names for illnesses or other physical atrocities.

Like Colitis and Flatus, 2 of my rangers.