PDA

View Full Version : question about the GCN modem adaptor

CGoodness
May 3, 2003, 10:13 PM
Someone said in one of the threads that PSO won't work with AOL? Does that even matter? I thought you just plugged the modem into the phone jack and you could go online. Can someone please clear this up?
(I'm askin cuz i wanna get online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rich_T
May 4, 2003, 08:03 AM
If your ISP uses different softare to conect to the internet then it is incompatable with PSO.
AOL Is totaly incompatable with the gamecube and quite a few other things as well.

advice, Get rid of it, re-format your hardrive ( AOL hides in all sorts of places on your P.C and messes them up)re-install your Operating system ( windows etc), and use a propper ISP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2003-05-04 06:06 ]</font>

CGoodness
May 4, 2003, 12:20 PM
what about something like microsoft internet explorer (i dont know much about stuff like this)

Muku6
May 4, 2003, 01:42 PM
Internet Explorer should have nothing to do with connections. If you're going to rely on a internet connection from your computer because you can't get a router or whatever, then you'll have to connect via whatever method you use. I find easiest and most convinent way to dial up is just have a dial up ISP that strictly has numbers, no software to download. Although that's probably not the most 'net newbie friendly way, since a lot of people like stuff in AOL; however, it is good for novices.

CGoodness
May 5, 2003, 02:43 PM
i have no clue what you just told me sorry.

should I just try and convince my mom to switch to netzero or something?

Rich_T
May 5, 2003, 04:21 PM
AOL does notwork with PSO if your using a modem.
if your using a Broadband adaptor, then it can be made to work, but its awkward.
good luck getting AOL off your P.C.