PDA

View Full Version : A way to keep your items

Ratsmack
Feb 16, 2001, 10:30 PM
Allright, this may not work for everyone, so don't kill me if it doesn't, but my game froze up today a few times, and so, instead of getting mad and hitting my dc repeatedly, I disconnected the phone line, and after about a minute, it said game over, press start, exited and...SAVED. I didn't lose a single thing. Try it next time before abusing the poor tiny system.

ragnarok
Feb 16, 2001, 10:48 PM
Cool, but I will stay away from this. I'm not too sure, I will wait for some other opinions first.

Cheech
Feb 16, 2001, 10:50 PM
Since of the MAJOR *$#&ING SERVER LAG TODAY, I've done this about 12 times today, nothing has happened at all, execept that I kept all my stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

ragnarok
Feb 16, 2001, 10:53 PM
Great after 12 times then, I have no f33r (l33t) haha of losing any major items. Thanks for the post.

LastUtopia
Feb 16, 2001, 10:54 PM
I do the same thing, it works. And the servers are messed up, I can't even get back on today as of about 8PM eastern...

Cheech
Feb 16, 2001, 10:56 PM
It started freezing up on me about at 6:30 P.M. and it hasn't gotten any better.

LastUtopia
Feb 16, 2001, 11:09 PM
I know, when I got on after the first crash everything was deserted and what was there were people screaming about losing everything.

Arcadean
Feb 16, 2001, 11:49 PM
I really don't think the DC freezes up, since it does take you back and says your disconnected.

Zeyk
Feb 17, 2001, 01:38 AM
There are 2 kinds of game freezes:

1.) The Black Screen of Death.

2.) The common freeze.

The BSOD is when your screen goes black and you can't do a thing about it. In this case, unplugging the phone line is your best bet. But if the game just stops working, simply do a soft reset by pressing A + B + X + Y + Start all at the same time. This will immediately reset the dreamcast, first saving your progress. Better than waiting to be kicked out if i do say so myself.

Ratsmack
Feb 17, 2001, 01:57 AM
Yay! I'm so smart, I figured out something that works. The soft reset sounds like a better idea, but I'm too lazy to mash the controller. This way I just pull and it stops. Huzzah for simplicity!

Mars
Feb 17, 2001, 02:28 PM
Zeyk is right.
If a DC still reacts to an unplugged Phone-Line, there`s a good chance it reacts to a soft reset as well. That`s what i always do in situations like this and for the same reason.
(Won`t wait till i finally get kicked)

Ciao
Mars