PDA

View Full Version : Oran is bad

hypertails02
May 4, 2003, 09:42 PM
Ok, I have the Oran ID (crappy, isn't it?) using a RAcast. I can't find any rare items, weapons, enemies, etc. Is there even any benifit to this ID?

s3rial_one
May 4, 2003, 09:46 PM
So far, it's the only one that can find the Flou/w Gene from Olga, but other than that, it's not all that great, and it's downright crappy for a Ranger. Oran finds a lot of swords and daggers; you'll be up to your ears in Blade Dances, Bloody Arts, Cross Scars, and Twin Charkams, but that's about it, unfortunately.

LollipopLolita
May 4, 2003, 09:52 PM
On 2003-05-04 19:46, s3rial_one wrote:
So far, it's the only one that can find the Flou/w Gene from Olga

correction: it's the only verified section id that found the gene. it has nothing to do with being the only one who can find it

somerandomplayername
May 4, 2003, 11:05 PM
It's also the only id known to find Prophet's of Motav. Any other exclusives for it?

kanyon
May 4, 2003, 11:11 PM
I believe Rika's Claw is oran only.

VulpesMundi
May 4, 2003, 11:33 PM
*Coughs* Oran is the easiest ID to find the Aura Field with. *Coughs*

Rika's Claw can also be found by Whitill.

As for the Gene, I find it funny that people confirm finding it and yet nobody can prove it was really found. Everyone who claims to have found it won't say how they found it. Sounds like a boatload of BS to me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-05-04 21:40 ]</font>

rena-ko
May 5, 2003, 09:02 AM
oran is as good as any other ID... just maybe not for a RAcast when its your only char and you're stuck offline.

otherwise, just trade with friends (i for my part would like some nice dagger-type weapons) or have another character that finds good stuff for your racast...

hypertails02
May 8, 2003, 08:05 PM
Thanks, this seems that i'm screwed for leveling 200 for finding blade dances and clubs of laconium. And isn't Rico's claw only usable for hunters?

critter
May 9, 2003, 03:21 PM
rika not rico

Nai_Calus
May 9, 2003, 11:02 PM
ORAN is the most god-forsaken section ID in existance. Out of the rares I'd want, I can only find two, both of which are retardedly rare, and for ORAN, dropped by regular monsters of which there aren't that many in their respective areas, which means I'll never get them. Yep. I've started dreading red boxes, for crying out loud, because I know it's going to be yet ANOTHER Cross Scar. Or Angry Fist. Or something even -more- worthless. God/TP, anyone? >_>; I need to start levelling the hell out of my FOmar and HUcast. REDRIA and VIRIDIA find far more things I'm interested in. At least I don't have to worry about TP tricks. Rare monsters don't drop much I care about for ORAN. >_>; *sigh* I'll be using these Gladiuses at L200, won't I? -_-; Blar. Time to start looking for ones with retardedly nice percents and grinding them. Now if only they weren't a hideous yellow colour. Maybe I'd like double sabers, if the bleeding Poufuilly slimes would ever actually drop that Stag Cutlery it's supposedly not that difficult for ORAN to get off them.

neko-chan
May 10, 2003, 02:47 AM
Any ID is good, it's just you need an ID that fits your needs.

Sure, with ORAN you get a lot of Daggers and Swords. But you also get a lot of Ranger weapons, such as Guilty Light and Red Scorpio (I had more than 10 Guilty Lights, and at least 5 Red Scorprio). Wheter you like Photon Launchers or not, at least they're easily findable.

You can also find AA Rifle in Temple, Red Mechs in Ruins (too bad Hunters can't use them) and, speaking of armors, Aura Field (Mil Lilly, Temple) and Guard Wave (Red Slime, Caves).

Good luck!

DUNKO1
May 13, 2003, 03:21 PM
other than the utter plauge of guiltylights ORAN isn't to bad there are better but I think "godforsaken" is a little overboard

DUNKO1
May 13, 2003, 03:22 PM
sry for the dbl post just saw it now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DUNKO1 on 2003-05-14 20:07 ]</font>

Delsaber
May 13, 2003, 03:54 PM
I have had some bad experiences with ORAN... All I found were Dragon Slayers and Last Survivors! Now, my cousin has a viridia id and just yesterday made it to ultimate at level 61 with his HUcast. The first Hildelt that he comes across drops a STAR AMPLIFIER! The ONLY rares that I have found on ultimate on either of my characters are TWIN BRAND, and a bunch of STAG CUTLERYs! My pinkal FOmar can find 1975 Agito from Pal Rappy. I have ran into 14 of those and nothing but meseta and solid shields. Just stick with the oran, you can find Ancient Sabers; they may be not too powerful (strong enough) but the look freaking cool!- Good Luck

NeoPhatnutz
May 13, 2003, 09:51 PM
*sigh...*

I've always been a backer of ORANites. back in the Dreamcast days, I ALWAYS had an ORAN as my main Hunter. Things have changed, yes, but ORAN is not still without it's attractions.

My sole Hunter for the moment is an ORAN. Lemme tell you why.

It seems that a good number of people STILL don't research out the properties of IDs and their finds. Some people don't try to gain a certain favored ID, because maybe the name is more important to them. In the beginning. (Don't cry to me, "Sephiroth". What kinduva PSOer are ya, not CARING how contradicting a VIRIDIAn ID is for HUmars? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ) And worst of all, some newbies just won't care what they get. I've ALWAYS known what works, and for Hunters, ORAN is STILL good. It's most of all obvious that many haven't noticed the drastic overhaul of IDs for GC. No longer is ANY ID one-class-oriented. Most IDs still retain their rare weapons preference, but are now much looser about it, and many items for classes other than yours have been added. This is likely to promote character variety, and get people to broaden their horizons. A strong reason why we can have 4 characters per memory card as well. So if you're not finding anything good for your Hunter, you need to start up a Ranger and Force sometime to even things out, or you're simply not trying hard enough.

IT's also obvious that some people could use some pointers to the fine sides of the ID that haven't even been looked at in this thread, so I'll fill in some gaps. Mind you that I picked ORAN for all these reasons and more...

First off, the Daggers. YES, they do throw a lot more at you than 4 people would need. But some people prefer Daggers over most Hunter weapons. Simply the fact that those with good ATA can shred an enemy with 6 quick hits is a drawing point, hitting for twice as many times than most weapons, it's basically the Hunter's standard Mechgun-equivalent. Some people even favor them over the Twin Sword-types. IMO, The Twin Swords are clearly superior, hitting 5 times, but with very strong hits at that as well. The downside is that they're slow to execute and swing as well, just asking for a beating from the side when facing multiple enemies. What most people overlook here is the range of these weapons is actually quite good for melee weps. You simply must acknowledge the speed of the Twin Swords, and master the timing of throwing the first of three attacks at an approaching enemy.

ok, enough about Daggers & Twin Swords, you people care about Rares, correct?

Lets see about exclusives, shall we? For now, I'll stick with Ultimate stuff, cause eventually, that'll be mostly what matters.

TWIN CHAKRAMS-a fine pair of Daggers, damn fine. Why does the Rare Weapons area state this 10-star wep as only 9? Lotta confusion in the info parts of many weapons, people should find the correct info.

ORAN CARD-Ok, that doesn't count, that was a given. Just thought I'd be technical about it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RIKA'S CLAW-Ok, not exclusive either (Whitills can find), but thought I'd clear that up. Still, despite the -real- Nei's Claw having spawned from Ill Gill to take the throne for Top Power among Claws, I still say Rika's is the Ultimate Claw. It boosts all the stats by 10, basically having Hero/Ability built in. How sweet is that? Plus, Real Nei's boosts the simple techniques, while Rika's boost the Normal ones. And that's my ticket with my FOmar, who already has a 30% boost to Normal techniques. (I know the true value and power of the mid-level ones, and favor them above most Hard ones. FOmar rox) Topped again. Rika's, after full grind, isn't exactly swaggering behind Nei's in power, either.

PROPHETS OF MOTAV-a nifty exclusive for high-powered Forces. What are people saying? Force weapons AREN'T FOR SWINGING! At least GC has given many of the rare ones a good purpose. This means, if I ever hear someone dissing Dark Bridge's power simply cause it can't combo-attack, I oughta smack you silly, newb. But seriously, Pro-O-Mo is a great piece to hold on to. Boosting the Hard Techniques by %20 is a great thing to have, especially if you're a FOnewmn, who already has a natural 30% boost to those techniques. If Hard Spells are your Force's thing, go for broke, grabba Pro-O-Mo, and boost your bonus to 50%. Then roast, sizzle, and cryonize http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Then there are other items to look at. The mix to consider for high points is usually out of reach until Ultimate Control Center and Seabed, but still...Zanba, Twin Chakrams, Rika's Claw, Standstill Shield, and more. But long before you can survive well in the final stages, there are always the Rare monsters as options. Maybe you don't count on finding the one you desire anytime soon, but maybe that's cause you're either lazy, or don't have lots of time to devote to the game. I do. Pair that with a passion for the game that knows little impatience, and I'm "pipehunting" Rare monsters for hours. Depending on what I'm after, the rigorous stakeout pays off, too.

Sigh of a God, Windmill, and Aura Field are all great Force stuff, findable from (respectibly in order) Love Rappy, Hildetorr, and Mil Lily in Ult. Temple. The Guard Wave is an excellent starter V2 armor to gain from Poulilly Slime in the Ultimate caves. Sense Plate (Mil Lily, Caves) isn't really worth it, IMO. I don't know what that guy was talking about with the Star Atomizers. Pal Rappy in Ult Forest drops them plenty for me. When it I start getting some Spirit Garments, I'll start making some nice Brightness Circles.

But wanna know my main reason for ORAN since the character's creation?

Ult. Forest. Hildetorr. SYNCESTA

Yeah. You know what it's used for. You should also know that I've been stuck offline since I started again on GC. So what the hell am I so happy for? Cause I already got the Lavis Cannon. How? A visit to my friend's house, the same guy who got me addicted to this game when V1 came out. And now on GC, his primary character is a REDRIAn FOmar. And Poulilly Slimes on REDs drop the Cannon. I'd been planning this for 2 months. And as soon as I got over there and we played a good round, I spent all night "farming the blood pudding" in search of my goal. And would you believe it, I got it, after a lucky 6 Slimes. # 6 coughed it up at 5:43 in the morning.

Weeks later, after finally getting my secondary character, a HUcaseal, to lv100, I started my hunt for the ever elusive Hildetorr. I've already marked the first of two off my list, and minutes later, I'm brandishing my nice new shiny Lavis Blades. That was yesterday. And at my rate, I'll be brandishing my nice new shiny Double Cannon by Friday. And at the rate it took me for the last Hildetorr, I should be waiting only about 270 pipes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reaping the rewards through IDs is all about time, patience, luck, and the Master plan. The Ultimate weapons often consist of a major joint effort of multiple IDs each. No one offline can rely on just one. My primary objective is just coming to a close.

DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

th0rnz
May 14, 2003, 10:10 AM
Wow.

Here's a tip.

Make that into an article, very well written, with some nice points.

TinyD
May 14, 2003, 10:43 AM
ORAN is the only Section ID that can find:

Parasitic Gene "Flow" (Olga)
Prophets of Motav (Dark Bringer)
Twin Chakram (Tollaw, or Sinow Zoa, ult.)

As you can see - these are very rare items!!

So don't despair, little one!

Tiny D

Dhylec
May 14, 2003, 12:22 PM
On 2003-05-13 19:51, NeoPhatnutz wrote:
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

heheh.. you'r acticle is inspiring..to oran if not all ids of pso..
i'd love to go 'pipehunting' ur style if i have the time like b4 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kaply
May 14, 2003, 04:08 PM
Here's what I see as the problem with ORAN, if you only pick one sec ID, or if you do plan on playing multiple characters, ORAN should not be the first or second character to play. The main problem is that they don't find any of the "top class" support units, nor do their common weapon finds lends itself to playing other characters.

As your first character, your best sec ID would be Redria

GOD/POWER from v.hard temples, So Dimenian
GOD/ARM from v.hard caves, Pan Arms
GOD/MIND from ultimate forest, gulgus-gue
HERO/ABILITY from ultimate caves, Migium
GOD/BATTLE from ultimate forest, Hidelt

** Hunting for GOD/BATTLE is also a good place to level up when you first reach ultimate forest since the NPC can survive quite a few hits from the enemies, even if she is a FO.

On top of all that, they tend to find a lot of armors, which is even better since you'd have a better chance of getting 4-slot armors. (personally I just keep shopping till they sell the 4-slot armors that I don't have)

From the point of view of weapons
- they can find the RED HANDGUN which can be used by every class, and it becomes even easier to use if you spend some time to find GOD/ARMs.
- they can find some of the common SHOT type weapons. (METEOR SMASH, FINAL IMPACT)

** don't have time right now to look through the rest of the items available but from what I recall there's a decent spread of different weapons that all classes can use and also those that are specific to some classes.

Keep in mind that this only applies to offline mode. Otherwise you can trade for all these things with online people.

NeoPhatnutz
May 14, 2003, 05:46 PM
Lavis Cannon. You forgot Lavis Cannon from Poulilly Slime. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Heh.

But don't get me wrong, I know the true importance of a REDRIAn. That's why my 4th character is exactly that. Sorry, not stating the name. ;p

It IS true, ORANites will find it hard to win a significant payoff early in the game, heck maybe even midway to late in the game. It's really Ultimate Mines-Ruins & Ultimate EP2 that it's all about, but you gotta get there and survive, first. That will take some time, but like any ID, once there, just wait for the good stuff to start showing.

One thing I'll have you know is that I can handle all class types just fine, quite well in some cases actually, but I'm probably a Ranger at heart. I specialize in support, even when I'm the strongest in the room. and I know what weapons I like. Therefore, I research my IDs, and get just the right ones. Mechguns are a favorite of mine. Weak, clumsy, and inaccurate early on, these don't start getting respect until later on, when you've got the ATA & ATP to make it work. Then these babies can perform damage outputs quite a bit better than many other guns and weapons, and the higher the power, the better. And after researching my choices, what did you think I picked?

That's right, my main character is a PURPLENUMian.

Now having seemingly dethroned VIRIDIAns for the spot of the best Ranger ID, the guns to be gained here are what it's all about. Sure, only WHITILLers can find HANDGUN:GULD & :MILLA, but it's sure is an odd ID for it since it's Slicers first, Mechguns second. But the rest of the guns to be gained here are quite the treat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif We too can find the RED HANDGUN, and a lot more great gunz...

RED SCORPIO
RED MECHGUN
BARANZ LAUNCHER (Parts of Baranz)
RUBY BULLET
SPREAD NEEDLE
BELRA CANNON* (Belra's Right Arm)
SUPPRESSED GUN
ANTI-ANDROID RIFLE
PANZERFAUST**
TWIN PSYCHOGUNS
MASER BEAM*
HEAVEN'S PUNISHER
GI-GUE BAZOOKA (GiGue's Body)
YAZMINKOV 2000H, 7000V & 9000M

So far, my PURP has given back to me very greatly. I also know the values of an offbeat ID. For that, I chose a YELLOWBOZian as my third character. A well rounded ID, offering something for everyone more than all other IDs. Since my other three characters are Hunter, Ranger, and Force, this just seemed like a logical choice to make. Besides, it's the only ID that can find ALL Enemy Parts. That, and it's the only OTHER supposed ID other than ORANites to find the Olga Flow DNA.

Technically, from what I've been seeing lately, I have witnessed and thought enough to come to the conclusion with a friends suggestion that ALL IDs can find the DNA. Think about it. An upgrading item compatible with 3 weapon types, one for each Class. An item so flexible and power granting shouldn't be limited to a single ID, since all characters can make use of it, in one way or another.

REDRIA does have it's finer points, as do all the IDs I've listed here. It's just that maybe ORAN doesn't have as many, just a few good ones, and in conjunction with a REDRIAn, one very STRONG one. I urge you all to take your time and pick just the right ID for that next character, since it will all pay off in the long run if done just right to your tastes.

For example, a Hero/Ability off of a Migium in RED's Ult. Caves can be dandy, but the same item off of YELLO's pipehunted Pal Rappies is much more handy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

*Ok, not exactly something to brag about. This gun SUX.

**This is ONE gun I REALLY could use. If you've got it, mail me at BOTH [email protected] and [email protected] . The other's my trader's mailbox, we review dually, and make trading decisions together. I'm not online, but he is, and any online transactions I make go through him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NeoPhatnutz on 2003-05-14 16:12 ]</font>

Richard
May 14, 2003, 06:55 PM
Here's my problem and main complaints with Oran:

- It's primary weapon finds are Daggers - yet it doesn't get the Red Dagger, or S-Red's Blade. (Two of the best Daggers)

- It's secondary weapon finds are Swords - yet it doesn't get the Red Sword.

Not only is this completely lame, but it downright sucks. How in the hell can Oran specialize in those areas - yet not get those things. It's horribly wrong.

critter
May 14, 2003, 08:59 PM
if u want all the other good crap then just make another dude with the id u want, give em a mag wit a REALLY buffed stats and send them off.

heck, i just gave a mag to my lvl 1 humnewearl and she could use soul eater ( not really bad ) without a problem. she kiiled everything in forest one in a hit and then schooled the caves and mines respectively.

so now im on my way to get my lavis cannon in ult caves redria. she just got into hard forest today and she still rocks butt.

btw, i respect anyone who looks for a lavis cannon till 5:43 in the AM http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

NeoPhatnutz
May 14, 2003, 09:02 PM
Come to think of it, that IS a very good point...

Most of these used to be upper-class staples of ORANs. Now why those belong to other IDs is beyond me. There are certainly a lot of bad switch choices along with the good ones. As it is, the enemy part for S-RED's BLADES is the hardest to find, generally-only three IDs can find it, the only Enemy Part to have such picky admittance to it's reach. Everything else only gets as narrow as 4 different IDs to find.

And yeah, RED DAGGERS among all things should be here. That's just strange that it's not.

NeoPhatnutz
May 14, 2003, 09:08 PM
Haha, thanx critter.

Course, that was nothing compared to the great Massacre of Mil Ly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Farming the Little Venustraps of Horror till the cracko dawn, and then some. Starting at 11:00 pm, 18 Mil Lilys at 10:21am on a Saturday morn.

Then...*died*

Tulathis
May 14, 2003, 09:31 PM
RIKA'S CLAW-Ok, not exclusive either (Whitills can find), but thought I'd clear that up. Still, despite the -real- Nei's Claw having spawned from Ill Gill to take the throne for Top Power among Claws, I still say Rika's is the Ultimate Claw. It boosts all the stats by 10, basically having Hero/Ability built in. How sweet is that? Plus, Real Nei's boosts the simple techniques, while Rika's boost the Normal ones. And that's my ticket with my FOmar, who already has a 30% boost to Normal techniques. (I know the true value and power of the mid-level ones, and favor them above most Hard ones. FOmar rox) Topped again. Rika's, after full grind, isn't exactly swaggering behind Nei's in power, either.
FOmars can't use Rika's Claw.

PROPHETS OF MOTAV-a nifty exclusive for high-powered Forces. What are people saying? Force weapons AREN'T FOR SWINGING! At least GC has given many of the rare ones a good purpose. This means, if I ever hear someone dissing Dark Bridge's power simply cause it can't combo-attack, I oughta smack you silly, newb. But seriously, Pro-O-Mo is a great piece to hold on to. Boosting the Hard Techniques by %20 is a great thing to have, especially if you're a FOnewmn, who already has a natural 30% boost to those techniques. If Hard Spells are your Force's thing, go for broke, grabba Pro-O-Mo, and boost your bonus to 50%. Then roast, sizzle, and cryonize
The Dark Bridge is useable in a combo, though it's the only of the Dark Weapons that is.

NeoPhatnutz
May 14, 2003, 10:28 PM
Hmm, figures for both cases http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

No matter. FOmar can't use Rika's Claw? Guess that was shooting a little high. Still got my Magical Piece, tho http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And the Dark Bridge is usable in a combo, how quaint...and utterly useless. Laughable, actually. Haha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NeoPhatnutz on 2003-05-14 20:29 ]</font>