PDA

View Full Version : Age & Dating

amoralist
May 4, 2003, 09:51 PM
Do you believe in dating people whose much older or younger than you?

ABDUR101
May 4, 2003, 10:08 PM
That depends on the situation and people involved entirely.

Captain_Dude
May 4, 2003, 10:49 PM
I, personally, think that I would be willing to date a person much older than I. I'm sure there're couples out there with a big age difference. I don't think you should let anything get in the way of love. If you love someone, and they love you, it shouldn't matter if they're much older or younger than you are, just so long as you enjoy being with them and the feeling's mutual.

I'm not saying that I want 13-year-old girls going and getting knocked up by some large 43-year-old pervert. But I do think that relationships between people with big age differenc are most certainly not anything WRONG, though they may be frowned upon.

This is all personal opinion, and people may find me weird becuase I would rather go with like a college girl than one me own age(Harder finding 14-year-olds I feel attracted to, heh)... but hey... Can't fault a guy for his fantasies... But I've lost track of what I was saying.
I think age is one of those little things that SHOULD NOT stop people from being happy. After all, lookit Hugh Heffner! Older than dirt and has 7 young ladies as his girlfriends, adn has anyone ever seen Heff sad? Explains why he's the envy of every man alive...

Oh dear, this may make me come off as somewhat of a pervert, possibly... I'll simply hope that I can retain my good name... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Elentari
May 4, 2003, 11:32 PM
sometimes, age can get in the way, i should know... When people are in different stages of their lives its more of a challenge for the relationship to work. But i think that diminishes the older the two people get. I suppose the contrast is less drastic...

SorceressofTime
May 5, 2003, 01:48 AM
in my opinion, i would date someone older than me around 8-10 years max. i like the maturity in men older than me and that's what brings me to have an interest in them.

Kid_Icarus
May 5, 2003, 01:59 AM
I'm a parasite ._.

Captain_Dude
May 5, 2003, 02:13 AM
On 2003-05-04 23:48, SorceressofTime wrote:
in my opinion, i would date someone older than me around 8-10 years max. i like the maturity in men older than me and that's what brings me to have an interest in them.

That's exactly how I feel...

I hate how others put things into words where I myself cant... *Points the finger of accusation at his defective brain*

kanyon
May 5, 2003, 02:23 AM
I personally have never dated anyone older than me. Also no one younger than 2 years younger yet. Not to say I owuldn't change, but it's nice to have some around the same age.

Kent
May 5, 2003, 07:37 AM
On 2003-05-04 20:08, ABDUR101 wrote:

What he said.

-BK-
May 5, 2003, 12:48 PM
Age doesn't make much of the difference, it's more about mental maturity. I know adults that act worse than their children, and I know "kids" that are just as mature as some of the best adults I know. Personally, I'm currently attracted to a girl thats around 5-6 years younger than me; but she seems older with the way she acts and carries herself.

Omni-SqwirL
May 5, 2003, 12:50 PM
It all depends on the maturity level to me

OracleDDX
May 5, 2003, 02:03 PM
Since im 20 im only going 2 years younger or 2 years older any more of an age difference an i just feel dirty. like if i were going out with some one whos 27 when they were in 4th grade i was just born. But when you put it that way any big age difference sounds bad.

Ness
May 5, 2003, 03:44 PM
I personally wouldn't bate anyone two years younger or older than me, but I wouldn't hold it against someone that would.

MasterJoel
May 5, 2003, 05:20 PM
i too have a dilemma... all the really attractive ones at my school are like 23... i am (almost) 19. i really don't think so... i find that even though we are pretty close in age, it could never work out due to differences in pastimes... frankly, a lot of my classmates love to go to bars after school, but i can't really do that sort of thing. maybe in a few years it will all change for me.

i do have to say, i was pretty upset last year, when my cousin (who was 23) stared dating my 16 year old friend. oh, my brother and i were sooo pissed. my neighbor mark put a sign on his car that said "i like little girls" and my cousin got stopped by the cops... it was soooo hilarious. and then my friend tried to commit suicide and went into a home, but that's a different story.

i think, that after a certain point in your life and their life, that age differences are not a problem. it just bothers me that people ask if i am my sister's fiance when she tells them she is going to be married, just because i am wedding shopping with her... for god sakes, she looks like me and is 14 years older! anyhow...

neko-chan
May 5, 2003, 05:27 PM
Under 18 it is against the law.

Over 65 it is against Nature.

In the middle... well... in the middle the hunt is always open. >_>;

Vanango
May 5, 2003, 09:36 PM
On 2003-05-05 15:27, neko-chan wrote:
Under 18 it is against the law.

well... if they are both under 18 it's fine... and if there is a 4 years difference it's fine as well... so a 19 year old can date a 15 year old legally (in most states)

As for me, I've dated guys older than me and a few younger than me, I've just been able to get along w/ people older than me... *shrug* but I think age is overrated.

polishedweasel
May 5, 2003, 10:21 PM
[/quote]

well... so a 19 year old can date a 15 year old legally (in most states)

[/quote]

That's a truly sad thing... I'm dating a girl that's a year and a half younger than me...and she gets on my nerves a bit. But I love her, so it makes up for it. I don't know what I'd do with a girl that was 4 years younger than me...be known as the babyraping loser. Ya I think that's what I'd be known as. I'm 18 by the way.

ABDUR101
May 5, 2003, 10:32 PM
Well we have idiots in their 20's around here who lie about their age and say they're 18 just so they can date teenagers. =

..pathetic is about the only thing I can use to describe what happens around here.

*edit*
Eff you "r" key...right in the ear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-05-05 20:48 ]</font>

FinalMasterM
May 5, 2003, 10:56 PM
Bleh, I say it's ok if its only a few years or so shy of your own, but nothing illegal (which is different in each state/country).

Jabzilla
May 6, 2003, 10:06 AM
Depends on the person and situation. But I agree with whoever said that the older you get the less significant the age difference really is.

Daikarin
May 6, 2003, 01:19 PM
Speaking for myself, when I really first fell in love for someone we had 4 years of difference. First she told me she had the same age as I did (16 at the time), but then I found out she had 21. Seems she was very confident of "us" and didn't want me to know her real age.
Time passed, and I wasn't mature enough to date, as my actions could never follow her clues. After that, she found someone about her age. Sure, I knew all that basic stuff on how to love someone, what really matters... But I had some trouble releasing affection towards her.
So, in my case, I wasn't mature enough. I wish all that had happened a couple of years later...
But still, there are cases where age isn't relevant.

Trugeta
Jul 7, 2003, 11:57 AM
i think you should only date if the person is 2 years older, or 1 year younger than you, cause my girlfriend is 5 months and 5 days older than me, and we get along fine, even though i cant drive yet and she can.

[quote]"If you want to taste the ground, feel free to attack me!"
Himura Kenshin- The Hittokiri Batt^osai

Gestiv
Jul 7, 2003, 12:25 PM
I too agree that it depends on who's involved and such, but If I were 20... I have to say I wouldn't wanna date a 40 year old because, well, I'd prefer to die before my spouse than after (This is assuming I don't die of any unnatural causes, of course). But, that's just my opinion... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Some people may regard it highly, others, meh...

SaberX
Jul 7, 2003, 01:07 PM
I believe in people falling in love or dating despite an age difference. yeah i can agree with peoples comments on the other problem with 40 year olds after teens, but people who are not that far apart in age can still love each other. I know many couples that are ranging from 2 years to 5 years difference in age. Some of you people probably think im insane or stupid but i dont care. Whats more important? Your differences or the one you love?

Vantamiath
Jul 7, 2003, 01:53 PM
44 words; Celine Dion and Whatshis Face

Guile
Jul 7, 2003, 09:13 PM
Depends on the ages..If I'm 18 I won't date anyone below 18

but if I'm some old guy I can careless!
I've never really been in a relationship where she was more than a year older or younger so I can't really relate right now

CGoodness
Jul 7, 2003, 09:29 PM
The one person I've went out with was one year younger, but I'm still in high school so..

I know someone whose girlfriend is 27 years younger... but it doesnt seem as wierd anymore

woohooo!!! 500th post!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CGoodness on 2003-07-07 19:30 ]</font>

Reenee
Jul 8, 2003, 01:26 AM
On 2003-05-05 05:37, Kent wrote:

On 2003-05-04 20:08, ABDUR101 wrote:

What he said.

Ditto.

Xairin
Jul 8, 2003, 01:28 AM
I could never date a guy less than a year older than me. Younger guys tend to be kinda.. eh in the brains department. At least the ones I've dated are >_<

Suppa_Buddha
Jul 9, 2003, 03:42 PM
Parasite http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nerd.gif

LJ
Jul 9, 2003, 04:18 PM
Well as stated earlier age and how other ppl see it shouldnt matter to ppl who are in love. My aunt married a man 23 yrs older than her and she's happy so it doesnt matter really. I'm as of now dating a girl 2 yrs older than me sooo......

Micah
Jul 9, 2003, 06:08 PM
i think some sh*t is F^#$ing sick, sorry for the language, but there alot of sick older f$%ks that just want innocent younger girls. it f#$^ing pisses me f#$%ing off.. so im gonna stop here before i say anything really bad.

on a note some girls i consider whores because they only like older guys and wont even talk to a guy younger..

umbrella
Jul 9, 2003, 06:20 PM
hmm..
I always see guys going out with with older women ( if they're young ) and older guys going out with younger women..

Vantamiath
Jul 9, 2003, 06:40 PM
In my class all the girls go for guys in the older classes--this has never bothered me, because they're all fake.

Soren
Jul 9, 2003, 11:31 PM
I also think that if its within a reasonable boundary, love and age should coincide seamlessly.
Although, on the otherhand, a senior should have no business with a minor, in my opnion. ^_^;

Nerd
Jul 10, 2003, 12:30 AM
My parents are 11 years apart and have been married like.....i don't know..when did time begin? lol so im ok with it, though my fiancee is only 3 years younger than myself, which i think is perfectly fine.

Micah
Jul 10, 2003, 05:37 PM
just so everyone knows, im almost 17, and never had a gf. so technicly that doesnt mean im a parasite, it just means im single and free. woohoo!

umbrella
Jul 10, 2003, 05:47 PM
Vantamiath wrote:
Mood: Maladroit

damn you, you stole my mood.. I have to find a different one now..

jediknight007
Jul 10, 2003, 05:50 PM
I'm 17 and 7 months and I have never gone out with a girl before. And I'm not a parasite or whatever. Simply because I dunno what to do and I'm not exactly interested in girls. Sure, there are a few in my college who I like but I don't bother with all that. My education comes first and I have one more year before I go university and I totally want to make sure that I do my best and that means no distractions.

On the subject of age, I wouldn't feel comfortable going out with a girl who's more than a year younger than me but ok with a girl who is a year older or even more. I have always seemed to prefer older girls but don't ask me why because I don't know myself.

Micah
Jul 10, 2003, 05:56 PM
my mood is somewhat of the words "WTF" and "OMG" because seriously.. i got this like 500 lb chick telling me im her toy. and im no friggin way a 500 lb chicks toy, another thing im in this arguement with the village idiot. and serious.. today, msn is drving me crazy.. can things get any worse for our hero micah? oh well, probably yes, but at least i have my closest friend to look out for me.

Micah
Jul 10, 2003, 06:00 PM
ok.. i have no clue why i posted that there.. seriously.. ah im out of it today...

Jehosaphaty
Jul 10, 2003, 06:27 PM
On 2003-07-10 16:00, Micah wrote:
ok.. i have no clue why i posted that there.. seriously.. ah im out of it today...

no joke. wat did ur comment about a 500lb. chick wanting you have anything to do with the topic? *remembers shallow hal...*

Monomate
Jul 10, 2003, 10:30 PM
how much older/younger are we talking here?

Aredhel
Jul 10, 2003, 11:27 PM
In case any of you are interested...

http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

men, just remember the gentleman's rules: (half your age +7) and 15 will get you 20! hah!

seriously, it doesn't matter what age you are for love - just make sure that sex is safe, both phsically and emotionally. Just because you love someone doesn't mean you have to have sex with them.

Hunter4life
Jul 11, 2003, 11:28 AM
Age means nothing if the person is im-mature. There could be a knock-out girl my age or older, but if all she wanted to do is talk about herself and make-out and the like, there would be no relationship. There could be a 9 year-old with an awesome personality and the maturity level of a 30 year old, and that could work out. I wouldn't want to date someone too young or old, but within that -2, +2 of your age, maturity matters much more then anything else in my opinion. Oh, and if it means anything, I'm 14, go to an all boys high-school, and haven't been on a date yet (stupid no-girl school policy, grr...)

Blood-Rayne
Jul 11, 2003, 09:20 PM
I would Recommened it if you ARE attracted to this an older person....... But you see these types of situations on Maury and Ricki lake where the age difference is un___________(insert big cool sounding adjective here) huge. havent read all posts so sry if i copied someone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

smallfry
Jul 12, 2003, 06:45 PM
well i'm 21, and i've dated a 17 year old...and i've seen to notice that high school girls are crazy lol...they got too much energy, and i can't keep up. but right now i'm dating a girl who's 4 years older than me, and everything is going perfect. I dont think age matters too much in a relationship, as long as you can be with someone, and u can totally be yourself in front of her. I fart in front of my gf all the time and she gets a good laugh out of it.

Temjin-On
Jul 12, 2003, 10:41 PM
Love and dating are both overrated. I havent done either, and dont plan to. Im just too disgusted with all the slutty chicks now. I mean really, I want smart gf, not stupid blonds who only want one thing. But this is real life and sadly thre are no smart ones anymore. Todays culture has ruined them all.

Delsaber
Jul 12, 2003, 11:24 PM
I suffer from a horrible infliction known as "Ugly Guy Syndrome." Yes, yes. It is true. I have never had a girlfriend. I am a nice guy, very caring and such. But girls today are not about that. They are all about the looks, which is not good for me. But I think there should be a line drawn on age. I don't know where it should be drawn, but somewhere...

I will now go swim in my sea of self-pity.

Delsabers says. Love blows...

lain2k3
Jul 12, 2003, 11:35 PM
On 2003-07-12 21:24, Delsaber wrote:
I suffer from a horrible infliction known as "Ugly Guy Syndrome." Yes, yes. It is true. I have never had a girlfriend. I am a nice guy, very caring and such. But girls today are not about that. They are all about the looks, which is not good for me. But I think there should be a line drawn on age. I don't know where it should be drawn, but somewhere...

I will now go swim in my sea of self-pity.

Delsabers says. Love blows...

reminds me of myself. all of the girls that i talk too have bF's that are like me only tall and good looking.................It fucking sucks!

Guile
Jul 13, 2003, 12:56 AM
I went on a date Friday..man I was so bored I wanted to shoot my brains out! Just a waste of my time, gas, and money
I hate bitches.

dont get mad

Bart
Jul 14, 2003, 01:56 AM
I dont think age should matter as long as they get along. But im almost 19 and no older women have a second thought about dating me because im a prankster and a goof ball but hey i love to do it so...

Soren
Jul 18, 2003, 12:30 PM
hey, wait a sec. Define "parasite".

*becomes uneasy*

s.TiNgEr
Jul 18, 2003, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't be able to date someone more than a year younger thAN ME. (Right Now)

(Caps Lock -_-)

I would have no problem dating older girls

Cengah
Jul 18, 2003, 01:30 PM
Well i can't say too much older.

Like 10 years max would be the highest.

I'm with a girl thats about two weeks older than me so does that count.

Right now i would only go out with a girl that is maybe two years younger than me and maybe two years older but not much more.

Psylocke
Jul 18, 2003, 06:18 PM
I think under ten years older, I would date them. I'm 21 so going any older than like 30 seems kinda creepy to me. hehehe
I had never really considered dating anyone younger than me, but I just started dating someone who's 17. I don't think I'd go younger than that because...well...for one, it's illegal enough as it is. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif And it's kinda strange for a girl to date a younger guy.

Obscenity
Jul 18, 2003, 06:26 PM
Having dated women both younger than me (15 when I was 18) and older than me (35 when I was 22), I have to say that the age of whoever you're with doesn't really matter as long as you make eachother happy. Yes, a sappy sentiment, but it's true. =D