PDA

View Full Version : You know other language?

Stricker
May 5, 2003, 09:54 AM
You know other languages other than english?

I only know spanish and a little of english. That's a one and a half count for me.

And you?

raiden999
May 5, 2003, 09:55 AM
One and a half for me. English and little Spanish.

Captain_Dude
May 5, 2003, 10:34 AM
Right now I only speak english, but I have plan on learning Japanese, Tuvan, and Mongolian as soon as I can find a tutor...

BlackRose
May 5, 2003, 10:52 AM
I know english and french, a little (really little) japanese.

Ness
May 5, 2003, 03:40 PM
I know English, Spanish, and some Japanese and very little Korean.

Nawms
May 5, 2003, 04:39 PM
English, some Japanese, and some Greek.

LamerPanda
May 5, 2003, 08:32 PM
English, some Spanish, and overused Japanese words ("Kawaii!" "Chibi!").

Cloud_01
May 5, 2003, 08:37 PM
English and Spanish.

ABDUR101
May 5, 2003, 08:44 PM
English, and some arabic. I used to know more, but thanks to none-use over time, I now know very little.

-BK-
May 5, 2003, 09:05 PM
English, some Spanish (I can read it and understand what it's talking about, but I can't hear it and understand). I used to know a bit of Irish Gaelic, but stopped using it (couldn't talk to my friends in Ireland anymore) and forgot most of what I knew.

Zeebo
May 5, 2003, 09:08 PM
Eh...
-English
-German
-Czech
-Slovakian
-Russian
-Polish

Nawms
May 5, 2003, 09:12 PM
On 2003-05-05 18:44, ABDUR101 wrote:
English, and some arabic.

Arabic, huh Abdur.
How'd you learn that?

Vanango
May 5, 2003, 09:21 PM
Fluently?

English
Mandarin
Wu (Shanghainese... dialect of Chinese)

I've studied French and I know tons of little phrases in various lanaguage... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

ABDUR101
May 5, 2003, 09:24 PM
On 2003-05-05 19:12, Nawms wrote:
Arabic, huh Abdur.
How'd you learn that?

...Abdur is an arabic name, I'm a muslim. Alot of studying and hearing it during long nights of Islam chat discussions, picked up abit. I can read transiteration, and used to be able to understand most of it, but I've forgotten it all, except for a very little bit.

Dhylec
May 5, 2003, 09:41 PM
eng., viet.
self-learning japansese. kanji.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

lolita edit: don't use jap, i know you didn't mean it as a racial slur

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-05-06 11:45 ]</font>

Guile
May 5, 2003, 11:28 PM
Yes, English
and learning some Korean

RuneLateralus
May 6, 2003, 02:08 AM
I studied Spanish, French, and Japanese.

I do not remember anything from the classes at all.

geewj
May 6, 2003, 02:15 AM
I took 2 years of spanish in Highschool, so unless we are talking about the airport, dinner table, or beach I get lost fast.

brillyfresh
May 6, 2003, 02:31 AM
studied latin for 3 years in high school ... good base to learn the five Romance languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Romanian), and VERY good to expand english vocabulary, as 60% of english words are derived from latin ... great for SATs

some spanish and tagalog from my mother (she's from the Philippines)

teaching myself japanese now

and some "useful" profanities in italian, german, arabic, farsi http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LollipopLolita
May 6, 2003, 04:05 AM
vanango, ni hen ke ai

LostHero
May 6, 2003, 06:37 AM
Nin hao, Ni Zenmayang Lolita?

Stricker
May 6, 2003, 07:43 AM
I feel stupid right now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Chronoslash
May 6, 2003, 09:52 AM
English, a little spanish, and Al Bhed from FFX.
Oui yna y pek suhgao!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cheepcheep.gif

Kemon
May 6, 2003, 10:33 AM
English and baby talk googoogaagaa

Chibi-Chan
May 6, 2003, 01:13 PM
Japanese English and Latin.. Cave Canem!!!

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
May 6, 2003, 01:24 PM
American-english, Japanese-engrish, anime-watching-japanese-wannabe-engrish, neonazi-german, and tongues.

I also speak cat.

LollipopLolita
May 6, 2003, 01:33 PM
losty!!! are you back?

IceBlink
May 6, 2003, 01:53 PM
British-English (the PROPER English language! XD), Cantonese, a little Mandarin (dad speaks it, I listen), several other dialects of Chinese, but I dunno how to translate the names of said dialects into English, German (5 year course), almost no French (only one year... hehe), and bits and pieces of Japanese (toire wa doko desu ka? :3)...

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
May 6, 2003, 02:34 PM
I can speak English,Spanish,a bit of Latin (I have to know some Latin to be able to read and understand the botanical names of plant's) and I want to learn Japanese.Can someone please teach me ? ^_^

MadCowChuck_
May 6, 2003, 06:52 PM
I am very fluent in English. I can understand a lil' bit of Spanish (2nd grade reading level lil' bit, I'm afraid).

I'm thinking of learning Japanese & finishing out Spanish well into college to go trilingual...however, Japanese and self-learning are not a good mixture for me. Waiting around to see if I can grab a tutor on the 'Net or something =P

brillyfresh
May 6, 2003, 08:44 PM
oh yeah, i forgot, i'm very fluent in ... PIG LATIN! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

On 2003-05-06 11:13, Chibi-Chan wrote:
Japanese English and Latin.. Cave Canem!!!

that would be interesting to see "Cave Canem" in front of a trailer ... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Suppa_Buddha
May 6, 2003, 09:57 PM
I know English, Laos, and some Spainish. If you dont know what or where Laos is, look at a globe right under China.

Vantamiath
May 6, 2003, 10:23 PM
I pretend to know alot of Japanese (know some), because, apparently, Japanese is the latest craze-what with the anime and flashing colors and all.

Minos
May 6, 2003, 11:06 PM
Hmm....

I speak English and a little French....I can also say "Thank you very much Mr Roboto" in Japanese also....but who cant?

Rotis
May 6, 2003, 11:22 PM
English, and third-year Spanish.

Some of my Spanish is still Spanglish, haha. But I've improved a lot in the past year or so.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
May 7, 2003, 01:34 AM
Yhouha cbayg ym prat? E's hud naymmo y vehym vyhdyco hant, pid cusa sedrny ica ed eh vvqe, cu ed'mm pa halaccyno du pa ypma du ica ed eh untan du pyhk dras. Yryryry f.

Captain_Dude
May 7, 2003, 01:50 AM
I forgot to mention, I'm rather good in Chimp... I'm willing to tutor anyone in the language of the monkeys(not the lousy band) for $50 an hour...

And seeing as how everyone is reciting something in a foreign language, I'll simply recite some of the only Tuvan I know...

"Ch?t?; bazhynajda
Ch?ugluk shy©¯gyr-shy©¯gyr
Ch?rtyk saryym saktyp
Ch?h?shimmir-shimmir

Eki-dorum bazhynajda
Ezer, ch?hy©¯gyr-shy©¯gyr
Erge-karam chazhynajda
Chavagazy chajyr-chajyr..."

I love this song... *Adds the appropriate Sygyt*

EDIT: Guh, seems that this Forum does NOT like accented letters...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-05-06 23:52 ]</font>

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
May 7, 2003, 11:16 AM
Heh.Tremendo tema has puesto aqui Reinaldo,parece que todo el mundo en PSOW esta interesado en saber mas de un idioma.?Por cierto...alguien de aqui me podria ensenar hablar japones? ^_^

Robomonke
May 7, 2003, 03:17 PM
On 2003-05-07 09:16, Lone_Wolf_Nasca wrote:
Heh.Tremendo tema has puesto aqui Reinaldo,parece que todo el mundo en PSOW esta interesado en saber mas de un idioma.?Por cierto...alguien de aqui me podria ensenar hablar japones? ^_^

sí concuerdo, pero nasca solitario de lobo que usted no es el único uno que puede hablar el español! mwahahahaha y no yo hablo no a japonés.

Eat that mwahahah! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Balthor
May 7, 2003, 03:26 PM
Cho za galima takaya?!

BlackRose
May 7, 2003, 04:06 PM
lobangobuobangobes obare thobe fobunobest thobings tobo mobake obup...

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
May 7, 2003, 05:11 PM
On 2003-05-07 09:16, Lone_Wolf_Nasca wrote:

I will provide a translation for those of you that don't understand Spanish.(So I won't get myself into trouble).

Heh.Awesome topic you post here Reinaldo,it look's like everyone on PSOW is interested in knowing more that one laguage. By the way...can someone around here teach how to talk Japanese? ^_^

Sorry for the troubles.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

LostHero
May 7, 2003, 10:43 PM
English and bad english.

rena-ko
May 8, 2003, 03:35 AM
native german, updated school english and some little japanese...

i should be able to speak french as well (since i learned that for around 6 years) but more then getting some little sense out of written french is not...

(i won't even mention the 3-5 words i know in spanish, italian, russian, vietnamese and mandarin)

BWS-1
May 8, 2003, 03:51 AM
French, English, some latin, very lil german, I want to learn Korean and I want to be able to know enough Japanese to get myself understood if I travel there.

Getintothegame
May 8, 2003, 04:28 AM
Bonjour! Salut, cava? Moi? Bien. Merci! Je mappelle Getintothegame. Quelle age a tu? Dix sept.

Hello! Hi, how are you? Me? Good. Thank you! My name is Getintothegame. What are your years? 17.

Vanango
May 9, 2003, 01:07 PM
On 2003-05-06 02:05, LollipopLolita wrote:
vanango, ni hen ke ai

wo <3 ni!

na li nai li?? Ni te bie ke ai!!

Ni zai bu zai PSO wan? (or wan-r/war if you want the Beijing Hau ko ying) Wo xiang gen ni yi chi wan!!!

jediknight007
May 25, 2003, 09:52 PM
Fluent in English and Cantonese, studied a bit of French at school, a bit of Mandarin at home and currently studying Italian. In order of fluentcy:

1.English 2.Cantonese 3.Italian 4.French 5.Mandarin

emoc0re
May 25, 2003, 09:58 PM
I speak Italian and English - some spanish, but only because Italian and Spanish are so similar.

jediknight007
May 25, 2003, 10:14 PM
Buonasera emoc0re, come stai? Ti piace PSO? Mi piace PSO molto. Ho un Gamecube e gioco per circa tre ore ogni giorni. Ho diciasette anni e abito a Londra. E tu? Anche, mi piace il calcio e la mia squadra di calcio e Man U perche sono la squadra migliore del mondo. Ciao!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-05-25 20:15 ]</font>