PDA

View Full Version : New PSO Ideas

Yoda86
May 5, 2003, 03:12 PM
Yes, Yes I know this is a topic that has been made before but I had a couple of really neat ideas for a new PSO. Feel free to express any ideas for a new one here as well.

1. When an android walks into a dark room it switches from normal view to a Infrared View making it possible to see the enemies in the dark.

2. Each special weapon's color is determined by the color costume you have on (I know Sonic Knuckle does this already I think).

Joe-Azlin
May 5, 2003, 03:30 PM
I like that android idea. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Vid_Gamer
May 5, 2003, 03:41 PM
Androids get all the lovin'... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

CakeMan
May 5, 2003, 06:22 PM
what if numans walked faster then other characters, and if they could walk cast magic at the same time

Yoda86
May 5, 2003, 07:02 PM
Ok here is a couple more.

3. Running increases your stamina which helps you run faster (only while on surface of Ragol).

4. A health bar in the enemy description area (I really tire of guessing when the enemy will die).

RagMasterRappy
May 5, 2003, 08:57 PM
On 2003-05-05 13:12, Yoda86 wrote:
1. When an android walks into a dark room it switches from normal view to a Infrared View making it possible to see the enemies in the dark.

It would be nice if Sonic Team decided to replace the El Cheapo lighting model with something more solid. Like if you're in a dark room, and look into a room that's not dark, you're supposed to see the stuff in the lit up room :/

Nawms
May 5, 2003, 09:16 PM
On 2003-05-05 16:22, CakeMan wrote:
what if numans walked faster then other characters, ...

Ya right. You would need to sew their skirts up before that, Or they'd trip.

JK

Glaximus
May 5, 2003, 11:02 PM
It would be nice if Sonic Team decided to replace the El Cheapo lighting model with something more solid. Like if you're in a dark room, and look into a room that's not dark, you're supposed to see the stuff in the lit up room :/

Rafoie and Gifoie should really light up rooms. It's not all that hard, right Sonic Team?

I'm sure somebody on the dev team wanted desperately to do it, but he couldn't make it work good enough to pass muster. That's a shame, because real-time lighting from giant balls of fire would be a nice tough. I'd have taken that effect over the wavey telepipe effect.

Yoda86
May 6, 2003, 06:19 AM
That'd be neat, I never really thought of that.

Azurill
May 6, 2003, 06:47 AM
HEY I LIKE THE WAVY TELEPIPES! XD

Uhm. I like the newman run+cast magic thing more.

HOW ABOUT SOME STRAFING, SONIC TEAM. I would love more than anything to have a strafing RAcaseal.

polishedweasel
May 6, 2003, 08:44 AM
Moving while casting seems a bit too.....powerful. Forces are already pretty beefy as is. Imagine trying to hit that cute little FOnewearl with your snow queen while she's running circles around you and chunking Zonde at you(while moving) See?

Arylkia
May 6, 2003, 09:52 AM
yeah but turning on the lights takes away the fun of playing in a dark room. hehe. good idea though.but how about this one?
hey sonic team, how about creating the monsters so their eyes glow from across the room,dark creatures een from a distance,ect ect ect. youd think something that glowing would be seen from a distance too. but unfortunatly nothing is seen in the dark until youre right on top of it. this is rather incorrect then. aslo something that would have made the vr spaceship in the dark neat. how about a planatarium starry and moon scene? with all those darn wolves and the howls youd thing sonic team woulda. lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ah well i hope somone that made that game possible is reading this. *nudge nudge*

GuerillaPimp
May 6, 2003, 12:25 PM
FOrces should be able to combo with techs the same way with weapons.

Nai_Calus
May 6, 2003, 11:54 PM
Hairstyles for Forces without stupid hats.

Fill in the missing classes: Where's my HUnewm? Or the HUmarl/RAnewm/RAnewearl?

rena-ko
May 7, 2003, 08:23 AM
way more costume-possibilities (not just more colorsets... all the usual stuff - more heads for androids, more hairstyles - accessoirs independent from hairstyle etc...), the usual new weapons stuff etc and a snow level (with falling snow) and i'm happy...

IceBlink
May 7, 2003, 10:32 AM
On 2003-05-06 10:25, GuerillaPimp wrote:
FOrces should be able to combo with techs the same way with weapons.

Don't forget that forces have casting speeds superior to god/battle already! Having that, along with combos, would make forces too strong... unless... you mean that Forces, after using three spells quickly in succession, will pause and have a delay time... o_o

I still want the running faster idea! With a stamina bar, the player can double their running speed by holding onto a button (faster running pose too), but when they stop the 'hard' running, they cannot attack for 3-5 seconds! That would balance it. ^_^

GuerillaPimp
May 7, 2003, 12:41 PM
Don't forget that forces have casting speeds superior to god/battle already! Having that, along with combos, would make forces too strong... unless... you mean that Forces, after using three spells quickly in succession, will pause and have a delay time... o_o

oops, i forgot that part. Yea, forces should be able to combo up to 3 techs in succession. like Foie, Foie, then Rafoie. I think that deserves a great big Neo "whoa"

Glaximus
May 7, 2003, 01:19 PM
Alright, let's get really out of hand here:

There should be a whole tree dedicated to Force support techs: Forces should have haste and slow techs, as well as techs that reveal traps, and allow a Force to teleport to where any of his team mates are. There should be protection from status ailment techs that stay on just like shifta and deband. Also, there should be a pre-emptive reverser tech, which charges someone with mad photons that revive the a player when he dies-- not applicable to self, of course.

The cost for this? Forces who walk this support path have weakened offensive power in their techs, perhaps up to the point of not being able to cast RA level techs. Maybe they go as far as not being able to use guns? The only ranged weapon they can use are slicers and cards. Someone who played this type of Force would have to think and react in a support role, and not simply resign to a monotonous shifta/deband/resta cycle. If we're going to make a medic/support Force, then he'd better be mobile.

-----
There should be tech combos, but in a different sense. Looking back to PS4, if two or three people used a series of techniques in a row, they would combine to a whole greater than the sum of it's parts. Triblaster, a combination of Foi, Tsu and Wat (think Foie, Zonde and Barta) was a great example of this. Three characters casting these techs at about the same time would see a special effect and create a blast that would be extra damaging, but perhaps suck up a little extra TP.

----
Hunters need powerful strikes. Just like Androids with their traps, Hunters need to be able to bring down a heavy melee based hit via their own power, not the weapons. A critical strike, or a stunning strike, or even an elemental based strike, would be cool for getting out of a pinch or causing the massive damage you need to clear a room of hard-boiled monsters.

Reference back to the combo idea above-- Imagine a high-level Grants cast at a Hunter charging up for a Fire-based critical strike. Some sort of Holy Blast would result, complete with flashy special effects and extra damage. Monsters offed in this fashion could be worth extra XP, giving players something else to strive for as a team.

---------
Robots need self-sacrificing EMP bursts. Nothing says I love you like blowing yourself to bits to save the helpless little FOmarl getting gang-boofed by 8 gillchics. Actually, it wouldn't blow the android to bits, but an EMP burst would shut it down too.

---------
Rangers... eh, Rangers have spread needles. They're set.

Glaximus
May 7, 2003, 01:23 PM
Oh, and Iceblink-- good idea with the running bar and the cool down afterwards. It would be a cool way to get your butt out of a scrape. Of course, could you imagine enemies learning to run?

~
You enter a room and see a platoon of Dimenians waddling over to you. Casually releasing the safety from your Holy Ray you lean back against the door and wonder which one to plug first. Then they start running, and then you realize you left the Holy Ray unplugged last night and its out of juice.

Where's that telepipe?
~

hehehe

GuerillaPimp
May 8, 2003, 06:42 AM
I still want the running faster idea! With a stamina bar, the player can double their running speed by holding onto a button (faster running pose too), but when they stop the 'hard' running, they cannot attack for 3-5 seconds! That would balance it.

Ah a turbo button! But 3-5 seconds is a bit long (especially in ultimate) What if your ATP was decreased until the bar refilled?

CGoodness
May 8, 2003, 03:32 PM
The Forest should catch on fire when you use Rafoie yea!!

There should be a special thing where you can combine your mag with you to jack up one of your stats by a ton of points, but lose it forever, or keep it and use it like you normally would

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CGoodness on 2003-05-08 13:33 ]</font>