PDA

View Full Version : Lavis Cannon...?

GuerillaPimp
May 5, 2003, 03:16 PM
A few quick questions about the Lavis cannon.

1 Are they really worth it?
2 What sec id can find them the easiest/earliest

i tried checking the item database but didnt have any real concrete info about number #2

VulpesMundi
May 5, 2003, 04:07 PM
In truth, it's not really worth it. For all the trouble you have to go through to get one it's just the highest ATP saber in the game, and sabers aren't really useful. If you have the drive to also get a Syncesta or two you could upgrade a Lavis Cannon to a Lavis Blade or Double Cannon, respectively, which are much more useful weapons.

It's arguable that Purplenum and Redria have about an equal best chance to get the Lavis Cannon...

Purplenum gets them off of Ultimate Forest Tollaws, which there are lots of in Soul of a Blacksmith and even more of in Lost Heat Sword. However, Tollaws are one of the stingiest enemies in episode I when it comes to dropping good items.

Redria gets them off of Ultimate Cave Pouilly Slimes (rare enemy), which can be awfully hard to find but have a much better chance to drop a rare item than any of the basic enemies.

Basically you can either fight lots of stingy enemies or fight very few slightly more generous enemies. Pick your poison.

And for the record, I managed to find a Lavis Cannon after killing 22 Pouilly Slimes on Redria. With Purplenum I've done over 100 Lost Heat Sword runs, among other Forest runs/quests, and never got one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-05-05 14:10 ]</font>

MetalGriever
May 5, 2003, 06:46 PM
Or, you could go out on a limb with oran s-red.

GuerillaPimp
May 5, 2003, 09:52 PM
ehh ah well, i guess ill spend another 100 hours tracking down another uber rare. Thanks guys, appreciate it as always!