PDA

View Full Version : good hu--- weapon

critter
May 6, 2003, 10:07 PM
i asked once and asked again, whats a good hu--- weapon

better yet what do most peeps use now. i have a greenil humar with a yamato +9ish

dj_dan
May 6, 2003, 10:39 PM
I don't know if you received a helpful answer last time you asked, but here is a decent one.

A *good* Hunter weapon... that phrase is very objective.

That's kind of like saying, I want a picture of a hot girl.

Everyone has their own opinion on what a *good* weapon is.

You need specifics. Do you want straight up power? Do you want ATA boosts? Maybe you want evasion or defense boosts... or you could just want something that looks *cool* (also something very objective).

Whatever the circumstance, you first have to figure out what you want. Once you know that part, just check the weapons database and find something that looks good on paper, and isn't overly difficult to obtain or trade for.

I hope that helped.

Tulathis
May 7, 2003, 01:35 AM
I think you mean subjective. Anyway, I agree. Peoples' definition of a good HU weapon depends on what type of weapon they are most comfortable with. A HU can do a lot of damage in relative safety with a Red Handgun or a Holy Ray, but if you want to do a lot of damage quickly maybe you'd like a Demolition Comet or a Black King Bar. If you want to do damage to a group of enemies go for something like a Sealed J-Sword, Chain Sawd, or Red Sword. Personally I like to carry one of each of these types of weapons so that I'm ready for pretty much any situation. Mechguns are also great for higher level HUs, especially with hit percentages.

AppieDPC
May 7, 2003, 04:52 AM
Standard Ult Equipment on my HUnewearl
-Red Sword
-Charge Vulcans 40 hit
-PlayMate Twin+216(atm)prolly changes if i get a dem comet with hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

critter
May 7, 2003, 06:47 PM
On 2003-05-06 20:39, dj_dan wrote:
I don't know if you received a helpful answer last time you asked, but here is a decent one.

That's kind of like saying, I want a picture of a hot girl.

Everyone has their own opinion on what a *good* weapon is.

You need specifics. Do you want straight up power? Do you want ATA boosts? Maybe you want evasion or defense boosts... or you could just want something that looks *cool* (also something very objective).

Whatever the circumstance, you first have to figure out what you want. Once you know that part, just check the weapons database and find something that looks good on paper, and isn't overly difficult to obtain or trade for.

I hope that helped.

hmm. thats a very interesting viewpoint. as is the point made about carrying around one of each. oh well ill keep lookin for somethin till i get up to seabed 2 to get my lavis cannon. keep the ideas comin

Elixer
May 7, 2003, 08:29 PM
My opinion on a good hunter weapon is a sword type and some mechguns. Sword are obviously good for large groups and mechguns do a lot of damage to single enemies.

Reenee
May 7, 2003, 08:32 PM
Why did you call it a "Hu---" weapon? Call it Hunter.

Robomonke
May 7, 2003, 08:51 PM
I think he put Hu--- because he meant one good for any Hunter class.

Anyway... Best in each category ATP wise

Best all around weapon: BKB

Best sword: Tsmikiri J-sword

Best Mechs: debatable for a Hunter charges with hit are nice but for rares I'd go with red mechs or S-rank mechs.

Partisan: Red Partisan with good %s for all around. For damage a soul banish with the special is really strong however it drains your health.

Saber: sabers generally suck, don't use them.

Slicer: make a Rainbow Baton with good %s

Pistol: not recomended but red handgun if you must.

Ok I'm done now: bye bye http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yeah i should stop listing like this: oh well, hope it helped.

ShadowChao
May 7, 2003, 10:20 PM
Personally, I prefer the following *styles* of fighting:
Handguns, always a must. If you're gonna get beat down on with a melee weapon, bust out that gun and fire away. I used a Varista until I got enough ATA to use a Red Handgun.
DoubleSwords, good for multiple attacks. I use a Yamato, which does good damage, even in Ultimate. Sucks getting smacked, so using a 3-hit-combo isn't recommended.
DoubleSabers, same as above. Fun to play with, usually deal good damage. Watch out for the 3-hit-combo, unless getting hit isn't a problem.

Swords, Partisans, Slicers, Sabers, and Mechguns are fun sometimes, but each has their disadvantages. Sabers generally suck (I avoid these), Slicers aren't fast enough when it comes to waves of enemies, Mechguns leave you open for attack often. Swords are too slow, and if you miss, you'll be kissing the dirt often. Partisans are neat, but usually lack good ATP.

I dunno, this is just my view, but I feel it's good advice.

Reenee
May 7, 2003, 11:11 PM
The best all around is NOT the Black King Bar, as it only hits one enemy at a time. Tsumikiri J-Sword has the 2nd best ATP on a melee weapon in the game, and it hit multiple enemies.

Freak74
May 8, 2003, 05:58 PM
As of right now, lvl 72 Humar, I use:

Spirit Calibur +9 0/0/0/0/30
Charge & Gush (depends) 0/0/0/0/40
Musashi +40 30/0/0/10/25
Flame Vulcans +9 0/50/0/0/40

hypn0t1c
May 8, 2003, 06:40 PM
Here's the weapons my 119 HUcast carries and uses.

-Red Handgun +50
-Demolition Comet +25
-Devil's Vulcan +9 0/30/0/35/45

In the forest and mines I use
-Geist Vulcan +9 20/0/20/0/20

Vanango
May 9, 2003, 12:35 PM
On 2003-05-07 18:32, Shapiro wrote:
Why did you call it a "Hu---" weapon? Call it Hunter.

because all classes are hunters, hence "Hunters guild" etc. He wanted specifically hunter class.

What my Hunewearl has equipt and I think works nicely...:

Double cannon
any double saber will do. I prefer this personally though. This is the best if you want to focus on 1 enemy specifically. Popular choises are the demo comet, BkB, double saber... there are several more like the S-rank twin or even stag cutlery if you are male and low lvl.

Red Sword
This is great for pack of enemies. Hit them all and zoop, dead. There are the calibers... if you cant find rares... zanba I believe hits multiple enemies, partisans which I don't really like, or of course the infamous (dupped) sealed or t. j-sword

Charge Vulcan
Any mechgun w/ good %... mine is 50%dark 50% hit... red mech guns, l&k14.... etc any vulcan of course, and finally

That's it for what I have equipted. I think it's important for a hunter to be able to quickly and efficiently to switch between weapons. It's important for rangers as well (and maybe less for FOs, but I did for a while for tech boosts)

Someone else suggested, and I agree, for a handgun to use before you get the ata for mech guns.... I'm a Hunewearl so I jsut use techniques instead.

Helios
May 9, 2003, 12:37 PM
my level 48 HUcast uses G-assassins sabers--never had any problems with twin sabers

critter
May 9, 2003, 03:15 PM
im gonna prolly go and look for a demo comet once i find a stag just to find one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and then find a good sword and handgun ( my varista is getting a bit rusty if u catch my drift)

Nai_Calus
May 9, 2003, 11:26 PM
Heh. I personally have the opposite veiw on weapons of pretty much everybody here. ;-P

Daggers suck. Do not use them. I cannot stress enough how much daggers suck. The only things with worse range are fists. You don't want to be -that- close to things.

Swords... Are nice, but sloooow. Good ATP, multiple enemies, but slooooooooooow. Yech.

Partisans: Low ATP, but hit multiple enemies, and have a longer range than swords.

Slicers: It depends. In a lot of situations they suck, but I wouldn't have beaten Dal Ra Lie without my Rappy's Fan +17. Good for multiple targets from a distance, and clearing out rooms on difficulties lower than you're currently at.

Handguns: A must. Hide in the doorway and snipe those Obs off before you run in with your saber and kill everything. Decent ATP, good range.

Sabers: Well, it's a saber. If you're a hunter you've been using one since L1. You know the drill. S&D/J&Z as you have 'em, run in and start picking things off. Normal-Heavy-Heavy, or Normal-Heavy-Run away as needed. I can't live without a saber of some sort.

Mechguns: Eww. Just... Eww. Can somebody someday fill me in on what's so great about these things? They miss 90% of the time, and they do absolute crap for damage the times they do hit. That, and the tech-using animation for them actually out-stupids the FOnewm's tech-using animation with a rod. And that's hard to do. So. Um. Yeah. Fill me in, please? Because I'd rather hide in the corner and spam techs like a Force than use a mechgun-type. X_X Heck, I'd rather use a Force weapon, if I could equip one.

Twin swords(Musashi, Yamato, etc): I like 'em, but they have a habit of being slow. Save 'em for single enemies or bosses. Sil Bob will be going boom very fast.

Katana/double saber/anything else: Dunno. Never found any, with my luck and section ID, never will. So.

Just my 2 meseta. ^^

skylimit0
May 10, 2003, 02:29 AM
What hunter weapons can only be found online?

critter
May 10, 2003, 12:36 PM
i got 2 agree wit ian, its like walking-kinda. ive been using sabers since i was just a liitle lvl 1 noob going up normal-fall down normal-fall down until my friend showed me how 2 do combos http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
i tried using a sword and it is pretty bad cuz its a claymore+2 and im greenil so im neva gonna find a rare one.
last night i found a stag cutlery after going through ult forest about a million times. it kinda sux but it gets the job done and i neva used a doulbe saber before so its pretty kool. *sigh* if only i could get a partisan of lighting...and if i could go online...

Reenee
May 10, 2003, 01:05 PM
On 2003-05-09 21:26, Ian-KunX wrote:

Daggers suck. Do not use them. I cannot stress enough how much daggers suck. The only things with worse range are fists. You don't want to be -that- close to things.

I laugh at you. You realize you can either:
A. Do a weak-strong combo IN FRONT of ANY Booma-minded enemy (Booma, Shark, Dimenian, Bartle, Vulmer, Arlan) and escape safely?
B. Get behind the enemy and do a Weak-Strong-Strong combo, and it'll keep you safe? In fact, you can do a Weak-Strong-Strong combo with any melee weapon on those enemies I just listed, and you'll be fine.

Swords... Are nice, but sloooow. Good ATP, multiple enemies, but slooooooooooow. Yech.

God/Battle. Duh.

Partisans: Low ATP, but hit multiple enemies, and have a longer range than swords.

AH-AH-AHHH! Nuh-uh! You forgot they have better ATA than Swords.

Slicers: It depends. In a lot of situations they suck, but I wouldn't have beaten Dal Ra Lie without my Rappy's Fan +17. Good for multiple targets from a distance, and clearing out rooms on difficulties lower than you're currently at.

Slicers are a godsend against the Dragon (any of 'em), De Rol Le (or Dal Ra Lie and Barba Ray), and Gillchics. I find them useful in Ultimate against the Cannabins.

Handguns: A must. Hide in the doorway and snipe those Obs off before you run in with your saber and kill everything. Decent ATP, good range.

Lillies giving you a problem? Just get close to them. I always melee against a lone Lilly unless there's another nearby. Here's a tip: if there are two Lillies close to each other, just get in the middle of them. If they're close enough, they'll start their stab attack instead of shooting a glob/Megid.

Sabers: Well, it's a saber. If you're a hunter you've been using one since L1. You know the drill. S&D/J&Z as you have 'em, run in and start picking things off. Normal-Heavy-Heavy, or Normal-Heavy-Run away as needed. I can't live without a saber of some sort.

I already stated what can be done with them.

Mechguns: Eww. Just... Eww. Can somebody someday fill me in on what's so great about these things? They miss 90% of the time, and they do absolute crap for damage the times they do hit. That, and the tech-using animation for them actually out-stupids the FOnewm's tech-using animation with a rod. And that's hard to do. So. Um. Yeah. Fill me in, please? Because I'd rather hide in the corner and spam techs like a Force than use a mechgun-type. X_X Heck, I'd rather use a Force weapon, if I could equip one.

You use Mechguns on enemies one at a time. And you start shooting either when the enemy gets withing the Mechgun's range and do Weak-Weak-Strong (Weak-Strong-Strong if you got the ATA), OR do Weak-Strong-Strong if you have the ATA and ATP.

Twin swords(Musashi, Yamato, etc): I like 'em, but they have a habit of being slow. Save 'em for single enemies or bosses. Sil Bob will be going boom very fast.

Again: Weak-Strong in front of enemies, or Weak-Strong-Strong on their sides or behinds. It takes awhile to learn how to hit them properly from behind.

Katana/double saber/anything else: Dunno. Never found any, with my luck and section ID, never will. So.

Just my 2 meseta. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

And I put in my own Meseta.

BLACK_ROSE
May 10, 2003, 01:15 PM
I suck, I have a lvl 89 Hunewearl that uses:
+34 Dragonslayer
+35 Yamato
+25 Varista (i need better....)
+9 Vulcan Hit +25%

I wish I could get a double cannon, but right now, im working on get that angel's harp thingy from pal rappy. So i can trade them for stuff in order to get that lavis anything for the double cannon. Cuz i freakin find ultimate seabed annoying and it pisses me of to play and get smacked down and eat dirt. it happens in very hard too. sigh... i suck.

Nai_Calus
May 10, 2003, 07:51 PM
On 2003-05-10 11:05, Shapiro wrote:

On 2003-05-09 21:26, Ian-KunX wrote:

I laugh at you. You realize you can either:
A. Do a weak-strong combo IN FRONT of ANY Booma-minded enemy (Booma, Shark, Dimenian, Bartle, Vulmer, Arlan) and escape safely?
B. Get behind the enemy and do a Weak-Strong-Strong combo, and it'll keep you safe? In fact, you can do a Weak-Strong-Strong combo with any melee weapon on those enemies I just listed, and you'll be fine.

I can also do that with a saber. ;-P Which has a much less stupid-looking usage animation. Besides, I have poor reflexes, so I still don't like to be right up something's arse. That, and I just plain don't like daggers. ^_^ Don't like they way they look, don't like the way they use... Meh. Besides, you're not always fighting booma-minded enemies. I don't like meleeing Gilchics with anything, for example.

God/Battle. Duh. [/quote]

Except ORAN doesn't get that. ;-P And I'm not at Ult Ruins yet or willing to try to TP trick for a red slime to get a Devil/Battle. I have no luck with TP tricks. Maybe if I get my FOmar up to Ult someday.

AH-AH-AHHH! Nuh-uh! You forgot they have better ATA than Swords. [/quote]

You're right, I did forget that. I wasn't dissing on them. A partisan-type is my third favorite type to use, after sabers and handguns.

Lillies giving you a problem? Just get close to them. I always melee against a lone Lilly unless there's another nearby. Here's a tip: if there are two Lillies close to each other, just get in the middle of them. If they're close enough, they'll start their stab attack instead of shooting a glob/Megid. [/quote]

And while I'm meleeing the Lillies, the Vulmers and Govulmers have meanwhile come to eat me. ^_^ That, and Lillies always paralyze me when I get close to them. Always. Can't kill 'em fast enough yet. Heh. And you should see the raping I take in Ult Mines. XD

I already stated what can be done with them. [/quote]

Just not in this thread. ^_- I still don't see why everyone hates sabers. But then, it's all subjective. I hate daggers. You may love daggers above all else. I like sabers. You may hate them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

You use Mechguns on enemies one at a time. And you start shooting either when the enemy gets withing the Mechgun's range and do Weak-Weak-Strong (Weak-Strong-Strong if you got the ATA), OR do Weak-Strong-Strong if you have the ATA and ATP. [/quote]

Yeah, I know how to use one. I just want to know what's so great about 'em. They miss constantly, do crap for damage when they -do- hit, and the animation for using techs with them gives me hives. I'd rather use a handgun. It hits more often, and hits for better damage. And has a better range... Sorry, I'm just confused as to what makes seemingly everybody love them above all else.

Again: Weak-Strong in front of enemies, or Weak-Strong-Strong on their sides or behinds. It takes awhile to learn how to hit them properly from behind. [/quote]

Again, I know. I just prefer to save them for bosses or when I -really- want something to die painfully. Saber's still a bit faster, and I like the way they look. I'm very boring, yes. *pets his pitifully weak yellow toothpick*

Just my 2 meseta. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

And I put in my own Meseta.

[/quote]

No fair, you have more meseta than me. *inno* Then again, I usually give it to my poor broke-arse low-level Forces so they can afford all those Fluids. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I make enough to keep myself in Difluids for J&Z and Resta, might as well farm out that extra 100,000 that won't fit in the bank that I'm always accumulating to someone who needs it. Poor broke Forces. But that's another story.