PDA

View Full Version : This is NOT about PSO Ep 3

abrader
May 7, 2003, 08:52 AM
Seems some mod wasnt paying attention, and closed my other thread....

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=50772&forum=1&2

Anyway, you can read my origonal post there....

I am talking about the next generation of PSO NOT CARD battle....

EDIT: I would also like to add that this thread is not like the "New PSO ideas" thread. That thread concerns gameplay mechanics...I am talking about new platform technology and how the community/immersion aspects of the game can be enhanced, yet still retain the classic PS feel....

sheesh....

When you close yer eyes, and imagine a NEXT generation PSO, what do you see?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: abrader on 2003-05-07 06:55 ]</font>

Malkavian
May 7, 2003, 09:15 AM
I see... virtual reality. But until that arrives...

PSO needs more character immersion, more interactive areas, jumps, all lobby actions should be active in pioneer 2 and fight areas too. have the feel of do what you want like a real RPG.

This is in a general view. And Im still not sure is is what the posts ask..

abrader
May 7, 2003, 09:24 AM
On 2003-05-07 07:15, Malkavian wrote:
I see... virtual reality. But until that arrives...

PSO needs more character immersion, more interactive areas, jumps, all lobby actions should be active in pioneer 2 and fight areas too. have the feel of do what you want like a real RPG.

This is in a general view. And Im still not sure is is what the posts ask..

I dont think there should be lobbies or lobby actions....I think it needs to be an MMORPG...sure there can be lounges in a town where peeps can hang out and talk...but i would expect a new MMORPG design wouldnt consist of lobbies and teams....

Omni-SqwirL
May 7, 2003, 10:37 AM
That would be pretty neat, but if they had a choice where you can go in lobbies along with the MMORPG style, I would love that

Getintothegame
May 8, 2003, 04:13 AM
Characters need to jump... its kinda corny to see the screen go like it does in Seat of the Heart.

rena-ko
May 8, 2003, 06:15 AM
hm, as strict as it is sometimes, i'd say the least thing pso needs are more than 4 people in 1 team and to become a MMORPG. if i'd want one i'd play one.

things i really miss on the technical side:
-search all guildcard at once-option
-memorize own emails (i sometimes forget parts of what i wrote especially when i chat with 2 or 3 people at the same time)
-more hits in the finding section (last 8 mails or last 8 found guildcards is not a good limitation - i could live with the mails but i really want at least 32 found guildcards...)
-completely new written engine (no port, no glitches, no slowdowns)
-lobby action at least also on pioneer (i want to sit on pioneer... while discussing things) - maybe reduced/altered 'lobby-action' set in the battle field.
-japanese language support also with non-jp-language setting (japanese can chose from western letters and their own and a special pso-font - other language settings cant. why is that? especially since every language setting can display all characters, this is kinda ridiculous. make it a hidden option.)

and for future quests sonic team should keep in mind that online oneplayeronly-quests could as well be download-offlinequests.

abrader
May 8, 2003, 09:21 AM
On 2003-05-08 04:15, rena-ko wrote:
hm, as strict as it is sometimes, i'd say the least thing pso needs are more than 4 people in 1 team and to become a MMORPG. if i'd want one i'd play one.

things i really miss on the technical side:
-search all guildcard at once-option
-memorize own emails (i sometimes forget parts of what i wrote especially when i chat with 2 or 3 people at the same time)
-more hits in the finding section (last 8 mails or last 8 found guildcards is not a good limitation - i could live with the mails but i really want at least 32 found guildcards...)
-completely new written engine (no port, no glitches, no slowdowns)
-lobby action at least also on pioneer (i want to sit on pioneer... while discussing things) - maybe reduced/altered 'lobby-action' set in the battle field.
-japanese language support also with non-jp-language setting (japanese can chose from western letters and their own and a special pso-font - other language settings cant. why is that? especially since every language setting can display all characters, this is kinda ridiculous. make it a hidden option.)

and for future quests sonic team should keep in mind that online oneplayeronly-quests could as well be download-offlinequests.

Well the guild card search features you describe are in PSOX.

In PSOX, when you goto your guild card list, it puts the guild cards of everyone online at the top of the list..you can search on one of the online players and get search results so that you can "meet the user" or "simple mail" the user. But from a quick glance you can see everyone that is online.

I would like to see my multiple planet idea implimented....you wouldnt be sitting on P2 talking, you be chattin it up with the people who live on the same planet as you.sitting in a town on the planet, or even have them over to your abode...haha you could even develop simple mail penpal relationships with hunters on other planets...and then finally fly to their planet one day and meet them....

The oneplayer quest being online sounds goof to me...hopefully when it is on PSOX, it will be a download quest....

GC PSO has endless nightmare 1 and 2 tho http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif I want endless nightmare so bad...it kicked arse on the DC PSO....I hope they make new endless nightmare 4-8 for the EP2 areas! wave after wave of sinow's in the seabed!!! yummy....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: abrader on 2003-05-08 07:22 ]</font>