PDA

View Full Version : Power Levelling-Fastest way

no1
May 7, 2003, 12:17 PM
What is the fastest way to gain levels.

Is it do it offline wand race through the levels?
Go online and do Heat Sword/Ice Spinner?
Go online in a group and just hit each enemy once.

Reason I ask is because I got corrupted so I just want to level back up really fast. Not bothered about boredom/repetitiveness, rares or anything. I just want to raise levels. I am a HUmar (I know not the best character but I like them) and my friend said he levelled his HUmar using Heat Sword non stop and managed to get to 100 within 3 weeeks. Is this good?

I am a verteran of PSO but I haven't power levelled before. I prefer to chat.

And I just got my S-rank as well. Got it to +90. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Jeffro
May 7, 2003, 12:31 PM
I know that not a lot of people may agree with this but, I believe that maximum attack 2 (famitsu) gets you a lot more experience than heat sword. This is of course that you go the difficult way. Just get a strong team with you and you will level about 3 times each run if you go all the way through.

Goza
May 7, 2003, 12:32 PM
I'd say unlock ultimate as fast as you can, then go online. Get in a big group with a good force, do forest run through dragon, then heatsword, rinse, repeat. I went from 85 to 91 or 92 last night just dicking around. It was my first time online.

I'd probably grab a weapon that will hit as much as you can per swipe and a gun in case you need to shoot something down the room once for xp. Don't be a tool, though. Try to contribute to the fight. If you're much lower level, carry moon atomizers and fluids to help FOs, and try to leave good drops for the people that are carrying the weight.

Yeah. Ult Forest in any mode is probably the way to go.

no1
May 7, 2003, 12:35 PM
yes but Goza... How do I get to Ult quickly. I know it's good for Xp, my sadly deceased HUmar was lvl 118. I might give Famitsu a try once I can find the people who's guild card I had.

Goza
May 7, 2003, 12:55 PM
I'd say, if you can't get twinking gear from friends, your best bet is to level like crazy in addicting food offline or heat sword online. Try to find a varista, too, which is always good from scratch.

Vanango
May 7, 2003, 01:12 PM
On 2003-05-07 10:35, no1 wrote:
yes but Goza... How do I get to Ult quickly. I know it's good for Xp, my sadly deceased HUmar was lvl 118. I might give Famitsu a try once I can find the people who's guild card I had.

I think what Goza was saying was just to clear through as much on off-line solo so you can unlock ultimate more quickly. If you find the next section is too hard go online, lvl a few more times, and try again until you can unlock everything. There have been people w/ souped up gear that have entered ultimate at lvl 40s... when you get to that point you just play anywhere in Ultimate to lvl up to 80 so you can play ultimate online. That's the fastest way.

Other possibilities is doing the canabin trick, just treat your humar like a FO, give it a mind mag if your friend has one you can borrow, god minds, etc, and just tp back and forth...

My last suggestion is to get a weapon that steals TP. There is a spread gun... maybe it's even the final impact, I dont remember, youcould sit there and just steal exp. over and over until you kill the enemy..

anyways, good luck, at lvl 41 I think you can wear the full del saber set which is always an excellent combo for lvling.

Goza
May 7, 2003, 01:14 PM
On 2003-05-07 11:12, Vanango wrote:

On 2003-05-07 10:35, no1 wrote:

I think what Goza was saying was just to clear through as much on off-line solo so you can unlock ultimate more quickly.

Yeah, thanks for the clarification.

Also, I've never found xp stealing gear to help much. You're usually better off going through as fast as you can. The only exception would be with a droid and god hand, I've heard people have gotten pan arms stuck and gotten incredible levels really quickly by wailing away.

no1
May 7, 2003, 01:38 PM
Hmmmm. I'll have to see about getting my hands on a power mag. What about armour. For all the power you have it is useless if you are dead. Most armours are based on level so which armour can I use (HUmar) which is based on stats and not level.

Goza
May 7, 2003, 01:41 PM
Not really any stat based armor. Also, if you play well and have the offensive gear, you can usually get at least to VHard before getting hit starts to be rough. If you have problems, dragon/hp is really helpful. Unless you can find a secret gear or graviton plate, you're not going to really get good armor for quite some levels. Just go for whatever has four slots and load up with units.

fyrewyre
May 7, 2003, 02:20 PM
I runa hucaseal and i got 93 today in two weeks and i play her a few times a day. the trick is to keep him offline for a bit and use another char online to get stuff. i put a high ata mag and pow units and used nothing but hard attacks till i got to ruins and repeated the same thing untill i got her to ult sometime last week.

Whatley
May 7, 2003, 09:39 PM
My last suggestion is to get a weapon that steals TP. There is a spread gun... maybe it's even the final impact, I dont remember, you could sit there and just steal exp. over and over until you kill the enemy..

Actually it is the Meteor Smash that steals TP. Final Impact steals Exp.

But he is using a HUmar so he won't be able to use shot weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Whatley on 2003-05-07 19:40 ]</font>

mightyJoeDunn
May 7, 2003, 10:10 PM
Anyone know what the fastest way to level offline is?

no1
May 7, 2003, 10:58 PM
Not tried famitsu yet. I trying to blitz through challenge getting s-ranks for people in trade for rares.

At the end of the day, I managed to work my way back up to lvl 20, start of ruins, in 7 hours. Got quite a few trigrinders, scape dolls, more than I used to get on Ult! hehehehe. Thanks for the advice peeps.

rena-ko
May 8, 2003, 02:55 AM
fastest way offline:

have a good set of weapons:
one-combo-kill weapon-like a twin,
multihit-weapon like a sword or partisan,
a gun (with % if possible)

normal-hard: do everything once, this will do.
vhard-ult: do forest, then caves then start with addicting food quests. if you can access mines then you're able to try the canabin-method.

canabin method:
(you'll need: ryuker, rafoie)
set a pipe, go to a canabin ring, rafoie them until the 8 canabin are finished. now pipe up before the canune manages to escape. when you pipe down, the complete ring should be there again.
no new items, but 8x exp each time. a red or rafoie merge would help a lot.

Nickwillnotbe
May 8, 2003, 09:23 AM
I know how you feel. I corrupted my data in an "unfortunate accident". This happened about 3 weeks ago, and I just got to ULT yesterday. The way I went about leveling back up was to get to H mode and then just play Max Attack 2 or Famitsu Cup with higher level people. I would recommend getting some sort of Pole-Arm so you can hit big groups of enemies. Just my opinion.

-Uriko-
May 8, 2003, 03:32 PM
heehee...I've got a good way to get back to ult...but you have to have a second char already there. Tonight in order to get my currently level 54 Huneweral to lvl 80 I am going to unlock ultimate offline and then play the game in multimode with myself....crazy you say..IT IS!

Im pretty sure that my 186 FOnewearl can keep her alive and well through Forest over and over again.

The reason I do this is beacase the dragon is worth about the same as Falz (about 12K) on VH while F is much shorter...

heehee I'll get back to you on the results of this slightly unusual procedure.

mightyJoeDunn
May 8, 2003, 04:22 PM
Um, the rules for offline multiplayer are the same for online. Level 20 for hard, 40 for vhard, and 80 for Ultimate. Unless your lower level character is at least level 80 then she won't be able to play in Multiplayer ultimate.

Vanango
May 8, 2003, 05:58 PM
On 2003-05-07 19:39, Whatley wrote:

My last suggestion is to get a weapon that steals TP. There is a spread gun... maybe it's even the final impact, I dont remember, you could sit there and just steal exp. over and over until you kill the enemy..

Actually it is the Meteor Smash that steals TP. Final Impact steals Exp.

But he is using a HUmar so he won't be able to use shot weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Whatley on 2003-05-07 19:40 ]</font>

I didn't even realize I wrote TP, I mean EXP, stupid me. TP doesn't help when you're trying to lvl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-Uriko-
May 9, 2003, 04:32 AM
Yup..heehee thou who pointed out the fact that the rules for offline multiplayer are the same for online is indeed correct....thus my poor HU began her ongoing trek through the forest alone over...and over....and over...and after a fairly large amount of time is now level 80!

So on final notice today she went from level 36 to level 80...dear God I hope I never do something like this again

faceman
May 9, 2003, 07:25 AM
"Secret Gear"
I've got that. What's so secret about it? Does it have a back up life when I die?

Captain_Dude
May 9, 2003, 08:21 AM
On 2003-05-09 05:25, faceman wrote:
"Secret Gear"
I've got that. What's so secret about it? Does it have a back up life when I die?

The secret is... Don't tell anyone... but the secret is...

LARRY! That's right! The secret is Larry, I betcha didn't know that!

But really? I think it's just a name.

Buuyon
May 9, 2003, 09:32 AM
Well...it protects you...obviosly...i got from 1 to 100 in under 100 hours...very easy...

th0rnz
May 14, 2003, 10:16 AM
Captain Dude : I'm the secret? Wow....

(My name is Larry)