PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT POST CHEATS OR EXPLOITS!

Saladwood
May 7, 2003, 04:15 PM
THINK BEFORE YOU POST!

DO NOT POST CHEATS OR LINKS TO SITES THAT HAVE CHEATS OR EXPLOITS!

I'm talking about things that simply go beyond teleporting back and fourth to find a rare enemy, I am talking about cheats where you have to manipulate the console into making the game do something it was not intended to do.

No one here likes banning people, but we will be forced to if some users don't stop and think.

If you have any questions to what might be a cheat or exploit that is unacceptable, please ask someone at PSOW staff!

Balthor
May 7, 2003, 06:18 PM
Wrong forum.

RagMasterRappy
May 7, 2003, 06:42 PM
You might want to move this to general, since no one frequently looks here and there's already that thing in cheaters.

Saladwood
May 8, 2003, 12:29 PM
This is really more of a site related issue, and there's already a simple "Posting cheat codes here = insta ban! ^_^" warning in the cheaters section.

I'm not going to go spamming with this same message in other forums because people don't like looking in here.

LollipopLolita
May 9, 2003, 03:11 PM
This is in reference to the repeated boss trick, I posted this in cheaters too but I'll post it here again.

Okay, I would like everyone to know that we will not allow anyone to post this method.

This was discussed between 5 staffers. Rune, Pixel and Salad agreed in banning. I was between banning and 2 warnings. Iceblink suggested a warning.

We know the intent of this exploit is not malicious. We know the intent of the poster is not malicious. But this is a huge exploit. And it's not just like the telepipe trick, the canadine trick nor the rafoie trick. This goes beyond that, it's a hardware exploit. It's similar to a dupe trick. You're cuasing something in the game to happen unnaturally and changing the normal flow.

Some people asked why not let this trick be posted. If we did, why should we not let the dupe trick be posted too? It's not fair to post one big exploit because it's not malicious and the other because it's not malicious. Just because it's helpful to you and beneficial doesn't mean it's right.

Sega doesn't mind the tp trick, they even suggest it in their guide, it was a bug in V1, they were aware of it, they left it alone because it was okay, and they had it the same way in Ep 1 and 2. They are also okay with the canabine trick.

With this trick, you're rapidly gaining huge amounts of exp unnaturally. And Sega does not approve of this. They really are upset about it, and yes they are aware of it.

Lastly, it also breaks the rules of our forums.

If you would like to find the method, other sites have it. We don't have it here and we will not have it here. And please do not ask for it and do not repost it. Please respect our rules and how we chose to run the forums.

I really don't care what other people are saying about us and our decision in the other forums. There are times when we disagree what other forum staffers do, but we don't trash them here. Because we let them run their forums however way they want and we respect that.

eXo
Jul 1, 2003, 03:00 AM
Thanks for having morals