PDA

View Full Version : Corruptions lately whats the deal?

SyxxPakk5
May 7, 2003, 10:04 PM
ok in the last 3 days over 8 ppl i know have corrupted, this is not normal...im lvl 156 and untill recently i havnt had one person i know corrupt. Even stranger 2 of the ppl said they FSOD'd while it wasnt even saving and they still lost there file?? whats the deal?? anyone else heard or been corrupted lately?

oh btw all the ppl i know that have been corrupted were 150ish some 120's....hope this isnt the start of malicious hacking...? or just strange that all happened so close together..

Blodia-Jin
May 7, 2003, 10:56 PM
what do you mean "corrupt"? and FSOD's? what that mean?!?!?!

Ropponmatsu
May 7, 2003, 11:09 PM
I've got the same problem, I haven't been FSOD'ed in over a month than just last week I got FSOD'ed 3 times in 3 days! Luckily I only lost the usual items like my atomizers and mates, but I've learned to only take my main weapon and no un-equipped rares or mags.

Dime
May 7, 2003, 11:12 PM
I play on Deneb 3 and have no problems. Go somewhere less populated and no more FSOD. Hopefully.

Ropponmatsu
May 7, 2003, 11:17 PM
I've noticed that there has been more lag in most of the US servers in the past 2 weeks which could be the cause for the games freezing in between warps etc. Right now I'm just playing on the JP servers because I've never gotten FSOD'ed in Mintaka or Menerope.

I do wish that my reset button wasn't broken so than I could actually have a chance at saving it... does resetting while online still save it, I know it does offline!

Dime
May 7, 2003, 11:22 PM
I have no idea, and I'm not about to try.

I should try the JP servers too, since FSOD for some reason happens there the least. Or so it seems.

But me and Deneb 3 have a thing going. Deneb knows if she corrupts or FSODS me I'm gonna smack Deneb like a bitch and put her back on the streets.

So far so good.

CorneliusPower
May 7, 2003, 11:36 PM
I just recently on Mon..suffered from FSOD during the middle of gameplay....this is actually the first time I've ever experienced an FSOD of that sort, usually and rarely it happens while transfering ship to ship or block to block. All I could do at that point is reset the Gamecube. I lost all items unequipped, fluids, anti's,etc. and lost my beloved Rainbow Baton...searching hard for Irsista now! The reason for this post is, I recognize the issue at hand, for I fell victim to it. Hacking...I doubt it. Sega servers are acting weeeely weeetarded!

no1
May 7, 2003, 11:52 PM
Yeah I got corrupted. I had three FSOD's in one/two weeks. But not recently, just a corruption. :@ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

fyrewyre
May 7, 2003, 11:56 PM
three fsods one the same day...top that.

Getintothegame
May 8, 2003, 03:18 AM
On 2003-05-07 21:56, fyrewyre wrote:
three fsods one the same day...top that.

Try doing a complete trade day. Try 14.

Saulot
May 8, 2003, 06:43 AM
From everything I've experienced, I've noticed that FSoDs (Frozen Screen of Death for you Blodia-Jin) tend to be more common on more highly populated ships, suggesting to me that it is a lag issue (the more poeple on a ship, the more "likely" it is to happen).

elfin
May 8, 2003, 07:32 AM
Yepp... it seems like it... But donīt think that your safe because your on a less populated block.... Ooooh no!! I got FSOD-X on the EU server, Arcturus-05 to be more precise... There are usually only swedes on that ship/block. At the time of the incident i would guess that we were like, 20 people all in all... In game, and in the lobby... The game froze up when i entered a game in the middle of the save... And that was it for all my characters on that memory card... *sigh*.... the pain...

Malkavian
May 8, 2003, 09:25 AM
I got corrupted joining a game for give stuff past week.. but I think it was because while I was watching the games someone joined, I saw 1/4 but ehn I joined and got fsod-x there were 2 persons inside.
So always that you join a team, quit the list and re choose it for actualize.

Saulot
May 8, 2003, 10:19 AM
I never said it wasn't possible on a virtually vacant ship, just more common on a highly populated one.

As for Malkavian's comment, that sounds like an error from the server trying to adjudicate the joining of more than 1 character in a game at the same time (crossed wires so-to-speak). I don't know about the servers for the newer systems (as I am currently stuck with only a DC and no dial-up service for it), but the DC servers would prevent this from happening by only allowing one character to join a game at a time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saulot on 2003-05-08 08:20 ]</font>