PDA

View Full Version : Which force is the best?

Blodia-Jin
May 7, 2003, 10:42 PM
Hi, i am on a HUGE debate on which force charactor to choose, i dont like Fonewms at all because they just look way too rediculous for me...what force chars are you? which do you like the most? why? i am focused on being more of a support force charactor, but i like fighting too i guess ehehe...

CrashCat
May 7, 2003, 10:55 PM
Any FOrce could do support, though FOmarl and FOnewearl are favored because they have better support spell ranges. FOmarl's a little sturdier but doesn't have the mind strength of the FOnewearl. I'm sort of torn between them, since a bigger TP pool means more drawn if you're using a TP-draw weapon (it goes by a percent of your own TP), but all the free TP in the world does me no good if I'm too busy getting the beatdown because my character is made of tissue paper.

Blodia-Jin
May 7, 2003, 10:58 PM
im really lookin for a charactor that comes out on top at later levels, i dont care how hard it is to build, i liked the Fonewearl she was fun but i deleted her at lvl 18 to test the other forces!

CrashCat
May 7, 2003, 11:04 PM
Er, well, if you're gearing to be 'on top' in the higher levels then you're probably looking for the FOrce with the best technique attacks. Even then you're still going to have a big debate on your hands, since there's a time for a Rafoie, but there's also a time for a Zonde. Perhaps someone else can link to the page that describes which class gets a bonus to which attack tech, as well as why it may not matter (MST advantage might outweigh some class tech bonuses, I forget).

You could just take the FOnewearl and say the heck with the analysis, given that they have a Resta range bonus and the highest MST, they probably kick butt on both attack and healing.

Spellbinder
May 7, 2003, 11:47 PM
When you say you like to fight, you may want to consider FOmarl if you mean melee combat since they can still support very well with their boosted heal, shifta, and deband range. If you mean fighting with magic though, then ya, FOnewearl might be better.

VulpesMundi
May 7, 2003, 11:51 PM
FOmar: melee force. FOmars get the best physical attack potential of all the forces, having the highest ATP. They also get a 30% damage boost to Gi-type spells. They're the best choice for a combination of melee and magic.

FOmarl: support force. FOmarls have the best support potential, thanks to their range boosts with all healing and support spells. They also get a 30% damage boost to Grants and have the highest HP of the forces, making them easier to survive with.

FOnewm: multi-target offensive force. FOnewms have an incredible multi-target arsenal of spells, getting a 30% damage boost to both Gi-type and Ra-type spells. Their damage potential is unequaled among forces and they excel at damaging bosses De Rol Le and Barba Ray.

FOnewearl: single-target offensive force. FOnewearls have the potential to do the most damage in a single spell, though usually to one target, thanks to a 30% damage boost to basic spells. They have the highest MST and EVP of the forces, though the lowest HP, and are best at damaging bosses Dragon, Vol Opt, Dark Falz, Gol Dragon, Gal Gryphon, and Olga Flow.

That's pretty much the gyst of it.

Kent
May 8, 2003, 09:45 AM
On 2003-05-07 21:51, VulpesMundi wrote:
FOmar: melee force. FOmars get the best physical attack potential of all the forces, having the highest ATP. They also get a 30% damage boost to Gi-type spells. They're the best choice for a combination of melee and magic.

FOmarl: support force. FOmarls have the best support potential, thanks to their range boosts with all healing and support spells. They also get a 30% damage boost to Grants and have the highest HP of the forces, making them easier to survive with.

FOnewm: multi-target offensive force. FOnewms have an incredible multi-target arsenal of spells, getting a 30% damage boost to both Gi-type and Ra-type spells. Their damage potential is unequaled among forces and they excel at damaging bosses De Rol Le and Barba Ray.

FOnewearl: single-target offensive force. FOnewearls have the potential to do the most damage in a single spell, though usually to one target, thanks to a 30% damage boost to basic spells. They have the highest MST and EVP of the forces, though the lowest HP, and are best at damaging bosses Dragon, Vol Opt, Dark Falz, Gol Dragon, Gal Gryphon, and Olga Flow.

That's pretty much the gyst of it.

Correction: FOmarls get a 50% boost to Grants, FOmars get a 30% boost, they both get 2x range on Shifta and Deband.

And FOnewearls get penetrating Megid as well.

Blodia-Jin
May 8, 2003, 10:14 AM
Fomarls have 50% boost to grants? really? wow! i have a lvl 30 Fomarl, i guess ill just stick with her...and what does it mean for megid to penetrate? its nice to hear that Fomarls have that boost and stuff because shes my fave force for looks, and she looks cool when walking with a cane... thanks guys for helping me with the very hard decision, i guess i can die happy now

Elusive_Llama
May 8, 2003, 12:16 PM
Fonewearls also get a resta/anti range boost.

Saulot
May 8, 2003, 12:48 PM
Mostly it's just a matter of preference despite the stats. Whichever one you prefer/like the best yourself is the best one for you, despite the stats, no two persons opinions are the same.

Webapprentice
May 8, 2003, 01:04 PM
For optimized balance between melee and tech in the long run, FOmar or FOmarl is the best choice.

Stricker
May 8, 2003, 01:19 PM
On 2003-05-07 20:58, Blodia-Jin wrote:
charactor

This is off topic but why you keep writing charactor? I though it was a typo but, 3 times? It's character.

Squall8VIII
May 8, 2003, 01:46 PM
My favorite Force is the FOmar! They have good ATP aswell as MST. They are hard to use when they are low level..(they get hit by things and die alot o_O) But once you finish making a mag for your character..everything'll be fine! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DeLiRiUmTrIgGeR
May 8, 2003, 03:01 PM
In my opinion, FOnewms are the best choice for the offensive player. If you enjoy being the backbone of your party, with the Shifta and Debanding and such, go ahead with a FOmarl. They don't have many really great bonuses, but like I've already stated, they're great for supporting your fellow Hunters!

FOmars... *tsk tsk*.. Too many people make the big mistake of playing with a FOmar strictly using Techs, when it's almost inevitable that to have a succesful FOmar you're going to need some other method of attack. In my opinion, I'd stay away from the FOmar (Do NOT flip you fan boys screaming "BUT TEH HAIR ISS THE SHTI!!!!11" and "FONEWMS LOOOK TEH G3Y!!1" ) unless you're either

1.Already very experienced with both a Force character AND a Hunter/Ranger (preferably both RA and HU)
2. Or already have every stat mapped out, and i mean perfectly, because FOmars are quite easy to mess up.

FOnewearls have some good bonuses to them, I've never really had any experience playing with one, but from what I hear from some of my friends (both experienced in FOnewm and FOnewearl), they've enjoyed the FOnewm quite a bit more.

..Just my two cents....

mightyJoeDunn
May 8, 2003, 04:28 PM
Once I am finished with my HUnewearl and RAcast, I am either going to make a FOmarl or a FOnewearl. Can't decide on which one to make, but I will probably go with the FOmarl because I already had a FOnewearl (deleted her at level 19) and she was ok, but not the best in terms of looks I think.

Blodia-Jin
May 8, 2003, 05:08 PM
sorry if my grammar sucks, i always mess up on words like character and thier...or is it their?

Vanango
May 8, 2003, 05:36 PM
I think most people covered this topic pretty well, I just wanted to add my opinion...

I'm on my 2nd FOnewearl. I'm partical to the penetrating megid (which means exactly what it sounds, it penetrates, or goes through, so you can hit a pack of enemies instead of just one if you're a fonewearl -- or olding a dark bridge) Two more benefits to this class is the automatic TP recovery... which I think is useful just b/c if I want to go back to town and I only have 6 tp, I just have to stand for 2 seconds and then cast ryuker. They have the highest mind but they are hard to play melee at a low lvl. Once you get to a higher lvl, you can tweek, if I give her a mag with some dex she can use a c-bringer;s rifle etc.

I konw you said fonewm are funny looking, I totally agree, big butts and just awkward looking, it's unfortuante since they are so powerful and I'd really like to see more of them being played. Their Ra techs are unbelievable. I am a lvl 120 fonewearl and a lvl 87 fonewm was doing nearly 200 more damage w/ this rafoie. Yep, I was teh jealous. THey also have the auto tp recovery.

Fomar = Melee and a cross dresser to boot.

Fomarl, by far the best looking FO. I love hwo they glide everywhere. I've seen this FO successfuly melee as well.

Vanango
May 8, 2003, 05:40 PM
On 2003-05-08 15:08, Blodia-Jin wrote:
sorry if my grammar sucks, i always mess up on words like character and thier...or is it their?

don't worry about it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif it's their by the way. That as well as weird just don't follow the "I before E except after C" rule. Hmm... and piece is another exception, but I always remember "piece of pie"

receive <- that's a word that follows the rule... *sigh* hey, you spelled grammar correctly though! A lot of people miss that one... actually, a lot of people spell "a lot" wrong.

haha, I <3 spell check on MS Word http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sorry for the off topicness <- yes, and it's fun to make up words

somerandomplayername
May 9, 2003, 03:29 AM
FOnewms own all when they're with a good team.

HUnters and RAngers can deal with single targets just fine negating simple spells. And all the range bonuses do is save you from casting shifta twice every once in a while, whoopdy #$#@in do.

The only non-newm bonuses I can imagine being usefull are the Megid and Grants bonuses in Ultimate Ep. 2 (I haven't been there yet.)

Droxitr
May 9, 2003, 09:46 AM
The FOmars are NOT crossdressing!

It is called a "robe"! I repeat, a mage-style robe that is common for casters to wear in RPG's.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DeLiRiUmTrIgGeR
May 9, 2003, 10:49 AM
Perhaps I could jump in here and say if you believe looks are the deciding factor..wear tin foil on your heads so we know who you are.

Robomonke
May 9, 2003, 01:00 PM
On 2003-05-09 08:49, DeLiRiUmTrIgGeR wrote:
Perhaps I could jump in here and say if you believe looks are the deciding factor..wear tin foil on your heads so we know who you are.

agreed.

But if FOnewms are gay and girly just because of their looks, then FOmars are pretty sad for being beat out by an effeminate homo. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Neoluke12
May 9, 2003, 01:09 PM
My favorite Force is the FOmar! They have good ATP aswell as MST. They are hard to use when they are low level..(they get hit by things and die alot o_O) But once you finish making a mag for your character..everything'll be fine!
Said some one.
I agree ive just started out but My mag has 55 mind and that helps a lot, Go with fomar if you want a challenge for the first 20 lvs but then you'll be ok.

Joe-Azlin
May 9, 2003, 02:31 PM
The best force depends one what kind you want. If you want melee then I would go with the FOmar, but if you want pure tech then I would go with the FOnewm.