PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Voice chat Lag? long or none?

Shrevn
May 7, 2003, 10:47 PM
Everytime im talkin w/ someone it takes like 3-5 seconds for them to hear me i can hear my own echo talking and they respond right after it... SO they listen to my ECHO not me... they said it would be a 1-2 second delay but its really annoying waiting so much for them to respond... does anyone have this problem?!!??!

Blodia-Jin
May 7, 2003, 10:51 PM
yes, people always end up talking over eachother and it sounds like total non-sense, i get very frusterated but hey, its ten times better than using a keyboard hahaha

Duder_Cooter
May 8, 2003, 01:52 PM
YEAH DUDE DON'T BE B!TCHIN ABOUT IT. IT TOTALLY BEATS TYPING IT OUT ON A KEYBOARD OR ON YOUR CONTROLLER.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Duder_Cooter on 2003-05-08 11:53 ]</font>

s3rial_one
May 8, 2003, 01:58 PM
Unfortunately, that's what all VOIP programs are like. 3-5 seconds seems a little long... sometimes it's dependant on the quality of your connection.

Blenjar
May 8, 2003, 02:10 PM
Dude, its only 2-5 secs instead of a whole 2-5 mins. Appreciate the joint.

Saulot
May 8, 2003, 02:12 PM
Keep in mind that you are chatting with people that quite possibly have several hundred miles (if not several thousand miles) worth of physical geographical separation between each ohter. Lag is to expected, as it takes time to encode an audio message to binary, send it, and decode it back to audio on the other end. While data transmitions may travel at the speed of light, they are not instantaneous. I use TeamSpeak for all my PC based games, with the TeamSpeak Server on the system right next to me on a DSL line, even with everyone on the server having broadband connections I still listen to my echo when other people are communicating with me. When it comes to voice communications, lag is to be expected, but it sure beats trying to type out all your communications while you're under fire, and makes organization 10x more easier.

rockfurious
May 9, 2003, 04:07 AM
I agree, but why is there no voice lag in other xbox live games? ex: mech assault or even rtcw which has up to 16 players?

just curious

Joe-Azlin
May 9, 2003, 05:50 AM
It might be because pso is a huge game and a huge program takes a little longer to load. I mean I had rtcw on my computer and it was awsome playing online. I had zip to nil lag and almost no loading problems, but it did take a while because my computer blows. Imagine trying to load a program like pso on my computer. The loading time would be close to how long it would take a two legged dog to go fetch. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif