PDA

View Full Version : Question about Rares

TheSlayer
May 8, 2003, 03:15 AM
Please forgive my niavity, but I'm wondering if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm a level 49 Hucast and have only found a Brionac. I have been given a Varista and Yamoto (I have found about 10 bloody clubs of laconium which I can't use as a hunter).
My question is, even though I'm level 49 I'm nowhere near able to use any of my 3 rare weapons due to ability contstraints. What I find strange though is that I see people online who are a lot lower in levels than me, coming out with these amazing weapons while I stand there holding my crappy claymore.
Am I doing anything wrong or anything that hampers my ability to use decent items ?

NekoHikari
May 8, 2003, 03:25 AM
You're not doing anything wrong at all. You are more than likely not piping for anything, and leaving your rare finds to random chance. It isn't until Very Hard that you really start finding good rares, until then just concentrate on killing as many ememies as you can, and leveling up as fast as you can. Perserverance and patience are your greatest allies in PSO.

NekoHikari
May 8, 2003, 03:28 AM
Oh yeah, and... what level is your mag? By now, your mag should be level 200 with at least 100 power and good dexterity as well. That might be what is hampering your ability to use the aformentioned items.

TheSlayer
May 8, 2003, 03:32 AM
Thanks for your reply, but I wondering why people of lower levels than me can you rare items, while I seem way off being able to use the three I have banked.
You are correct I don't pipe for items and do leave it to pure chance. Do you recomend me piping for them ? Where are best places to pipe ?

VolOpt2003
May 8, 2003, 04:31 AM
Try and get a mag with lots of POW .then you should be able to use your weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

TheSlayer
May 8, 2003, 05:00 AM
Ha, my mags about level 76 (Been neglecting the little blighter for a bit).Oops, poor guy. I'll make it up to him. I didn't realise that he helped me that much.

Thanks

scmfxt
May 8, 2003, 05:05 AM
High level mag is a must for low level character. Raise your mag stats between power and dexterity should able you to use good weapon early in the game.

Piping... depend on your character section id - you should pipe for item that is critical to your need or you'll be wasting your time dping it. Unless you plan to trade it.

TheSlayer
May 8, 2003, 05:26 AM
My mags highest stat is Mind, then Power.Is this not good ?

scmfxt
May 8, 2003, 05:39 AM
On 2003-05-08 03:26, TheSlayer wrote:
My mags highest stat is Mind, then Power.Is this not good ?

You need a new mag since Mind doesn't do anything for android. Android can't cast tech so Mind (MST) is always at 0. Stay away from fluid type when raising your mag since it likely will raise Mind.

TheSlayer
May 8, 2003, 05:49 AM
Sorry, my character is a Humar, not a Hucast.

scmfxt
May 8, 2003, 06:14 AM
lol.. ok. Hmm... Well, it doesn't hurt to have some Mind but Hunter strong point is in the melee attack. Tech is use mainly for support bcus of low lvl compare to female counterpart or Force. So, Mind doesn't really help much for Male Hunter/Ranger. If you're raising another mag aim for this stat [5/145/50/0] or [50/100/50/0]. It should help you fend off the enemy.

Duder_Cooter
May 8, 2003, 07:35 AM
Hey dude you should check on that Varista. You can probably use it now. I was able to use mine at lvl 39, with a mag the same lvl as yours.

Ropponmatsu
May 8, 2003, 07:54 AM
I'm guessing your Purplenum because they find a Laconims and Adamans all the time, pretty soon you'll be finding a lot of Justices and than after that a lot of Combats!

TheSlayer
May 8, 2003, 08:50 AM
My character is a pinkal. I'm still not able to use the Varista yet, I'm about 2 points away from it though. The other two items are quite a way off from being used. I just found it funny that people with a lot lower level characters were using these amazing items while I'm stuck with my clumsy claymore.
Thought,I was doing something wrong and I was. Not looking after my mag.