PDA

View Full Version : Woweeeee FOmars ARE good

Dime
May 8, 2003, 04:22 PM
I had a FOnewm on the DC and he was ok. Forces on the DC SUCKED! You were lucky to get over 900 TP then. The techs were also weak as hell, it would take 6-8 Rafoies just to kill some Boomas.

SO I was skeptical about GC forces, but damn they rock! I started out with my FOmar in forest and wiped everything out in one hit pretty much.

I was really surprised to see how different FOs are now. They're actually *gasp* good.

ophiel
May 8, 2003, 05:32 PM
damn straight.

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 72 fomar.
[mars army]
-lafayette division leader-
[echelon]

Vanango
May 8, 2003, 06:13 PM
it takes my fonewearl at lvl 118 10 rafoies to kill a ring of canabins. *sigh*

Dime
May 8, 2003, 06:30 PM
So use Razone. Either way, just freeze em, and let the other characters deal with them.

I did accept some dupes though, so now at level 6 my FOmar has 750 TP hahaha.

LotusJade
May 8, 2003, 06:57 PM
i love em too but its so expensive to keep em in fluids

Dime
May 8, 2003, 06:59 PM
You don't need to buy fluids, just slap a Double Saber, Sting Tip, or (preferably) a Geist Mechgun with 50+% hit.

Tulathis
May 8, 2003, 07:24 PM
it takes my fonewearl at lvl 118 10 rafoies to kill a ring of canabins. *sigh*
That doesn't seem right. What are you using? Most FOnewearls at that level should be doing enough damage to kill Canabins in about 5 or 6. With a good mind mag, mind units, and a Fire Scepter you should be able to get it down to 3 or 4.

somerandomplayername
May 9, 2003, 03:11 AM
I prefer FOnewms personally but whatever floats your boat. Fluid money shouldn't be a major problem so long as you ration tp use online and do an offline run now and then.

Dime
May 9, 2003, 12:29 PM
FOnewms have a mighty big ass, though. Not very aerodynamic.

But then again FOmars wear a dress.

Neoluke12
May 9, 2003, 01:01 PM
Fomars rule, they have so much tp and there quickness is great. Ive only just started out and I already have 350 mst so im happy.

GuerillaPimp
May 9, 2003, 01:34 PM
i just deleted my lv 80 HUmar to start over as a FOmar, and i dont regret it one bit!

Neoluke12
May 9, 2003, 01:40 PM
Dont blame you mate as plp think he wears a dress but he doesnt he wears a robe and they are good. But a lv 80 humar, how many special weapons, o well.

Dime
May 9, 2003, 01:47 PM
It's a dress. Which is why I named him crossdresser.

Any of you FOmars up for a game? I want to play with other fellow FOmars but I can't find any... :/

Joe-Azlin
May 9, 2003, 02:47 PM
You know I would love to play a round with you, but I cant because im offline. lol, but if I could then yea......... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dime
May 9, 2003, 04:46 PM
When are you getting your BBA and stuff? Or are you just going to stay offline?

GuerillaPimp
May 9, 2003, 10:04 PM
Dont blame you mate as plp think he wears a dress but he doesnt he wears a robe and they are good. But a lv 80 humar, how many special weapons, o well.

I gave all my rares to my new force, so i can (attempt to) trade for some force weapons

Kent
May 9, 2003, 10:56 PM
My level 63 FOmar just got some Grass Assassin Sabers and kicks all kinds of ass in VHard mode.

fyrewyre
May 11, 2003, 08:19 PM
Personally i also think that forces are good in this version of pso. Having a fomar running around with 2234 tp and a gifoie merge can show whos the daddy and who will get pwn3d- with the tech boosts going on around here i gotta ask one question: Why did the fomarl get the shaft?

Morfos
May 11, 2003, 11:13 PM
Not only the FOmarl got the shaft, but FOnewearl too. If your a lvl 145 FOnewearl like me, you will notice that FOnewms 30 levels lower than you are doing the same damage if not a little more than you. ST is pretty stupid, they gave FOnewearl the highest mst, but they gave her a 30% boost the the lamest POS attack techniques, talk about dumb. Simple techs suck and should usually be ignored. Actually even FOmars do better damage than FOnewearls. FOnewearl also has the lowest hp/dfp/atp. FOnewearl have absolutely nothing over FOmar and FOnewm except for cuteness. At least she can do damage unlike FOmarl. I personaly think it sucks being at level 145 with a FOnewearl and FOnewms that are 30 levels lower than you be more usefull to your team. After useing a FOnewearl for a long time, all I can say is that the only point in useing them is for their cuteness, because they suck so much.

Chibi-Chan
May 12, 2003, 12:14 AM
ive got no problem with fomarls. after a bunch of power materials and two god powers my fomarl is dishing out 300 damage per hit on ultimate, without even having a power mag or s-twin. being a fomarl, she also have huge defense. after i jellen enemies i take almost no damage all the way up to ruins http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif not to mention the lvl 30 techs and bonuses to grants resta and s/d! go fomarls!

Dime
May 12, 2003, 12:15 AM
Did you rip off the name chibi chan from PSM? haha..

Chibi-Chan
May 12, 2003, 12:17 AM
No! Watch Dragon Drive, then you'll know http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dime
May 12, 2003, 12:19 AM
Meh, not into anime. I think I'll pass.

But for my amusement, in my mind I'll still think you ripped off PSM.

Chibi-Chan
May 12, 2003, 12:26 AM
Bah, well you can think what you want, but in case you didn't know.. in Japanese
Chibi - reference to a little one
chan - sometimes added to the end of someones name, usually someone who has a lower status than you such as an adult talking to a child.. or sometimes a young guy might use it when refering to his girlfriend. Chibi-chan basically is a caring reference to a little one, and if you look at the picture in my signature, you might be able to guess who it refers to http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dime
May 12, 2003, 12:30 AM
yea I knew what chibi means, just never got into that stuff.

To each his own.

Forces rock.

Helios
May 12, 2003, 09:49 AM
they're fast???
you mean they literately walk quicker???
or are you reffering to evasion?

s3rial_one
May 12, 2003, 10:18 AM
FOnewearls didn't get the shaft, they're just late bloomers.

Get Megid at a very high level... preferably 30, and use it with your FOnewearl. It pierces targets, like a photon launcher does. Don't try to match a FOnewm's damage output; it's not possible, and you don't need to.

Webapprentice
May 12, 2003, 12:00 PM
Simple Techs do the most damage per single target. They are still useful against single targets, which I often use against the Sinow-class enemies.

SubstanceD
May 12, 2003, 03:09 PM
I like my Fomar to. The other forces aren't bad either although Fomar is the only force for me, what can I say I am a melee-er at heart.

Dime
May 12, 2003, 04:21 PM
On 2003-05-12 13:09, SubstanceD wrote:
I like my Fomar to. The other forces aren't bad either although Fomar is the only force for me, what can I say I am a melee-er at heart.

yea that's why I chose a FOmar, so I could mix it up with a red saber, or some G assassin blades.

ChokingVictim
May 12, 2003, 06:32 PM
i thought i wasn't gonna dig the gi-bonus of the fomar...

man was i wrong... i miss the sheer explosive power of rafoie and razonde from my dc fomarl..but an unequiped fomar doing rapid gifoe is a brutal flame swirling menace....

ChokingVictim
May 12, 2003, 06:40 PM
i thought i wasn't gonna dig the gi-bonus of the fomar...

man was i wrong... i miss the sheer explosive power of rafoie and razonde from my dc fomarl..but an unequiped fomar doing rapid gifoe is a brutal flame swirling menace....

Morfos
May 12, 2003, 11:34 PM
On 2003-05-12 08:18, s3rial_one wrote:
FOnewearls didn't get the shaft, they're just late bloomers.

Get Megid at a very high level... preferably 30, and use it with your FOnewearl. It pierces targets, like a photon launcher does. Don't try to match a FOnewm's damage output; it's not possible, and you don't need to.

The problem with her megid boost is

a.It often only works on one enemy anyway
b.If combined with Dark Bridge, it doesnt boost more

-A FOnewm can equip a Dark Bridge to have the same megid as her. FOnewearl's megid boost is useless once you get a Dark Bridge. As for damage output, that is a big deal, A FOnewm at the same level would be able to do 120+ more damage than me makeing him far more usefull to his team and makeing me a useless member of the team who would then probably get kicked out of the game so someone's freind could join. FOnewearl totaly got the shaft, FOnewm can clear rooms twice as fast as her and be able to live longer during the process. Even FOmars clear rooms far faster than FOnewearls. A FOmar can melee better and use magic more affectively than FOnewearl.

Lman90245
May 13, 2003, 12:00 AM
My FOmar has level 30 grants and a wand that boosts the power of grants http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif it does around 900+ damage right now and i'm only level 65 with my FOmar, my Ranger sorrow can kick some but too though (he's level 174) and in battles when he uses Heaven punisher Fo's don't seem to last too long }=)

but in any case FO's are great.